Chapter 6 - Wedding Day Worries

Chance Happenings Foreseen Meetings

Author’s POV…

“B-boyfriend?” Seungri slightly stuttered being the only one that was able to collect his words after the shocking reveal. This man wasn’t her or cousin, like the guys had originally hoped, he was her boyfriend. Hoku smiled nervously obviously seeing the thoughts rolling through the guys heads.

“It’s nice to finally meet you guys.” Michael said holding his hand out as the guys looked down to it. Teddy quickly elbowed Top who stood next to him before reaching for the hand.

“Nice to meet you man, I’m Teddy.” Teddy introduced causing Michael to smile.

“I’m TOP.” Top said with little to no enthusiasm.

“I’m Seungri.” Seungri muttered looking away before Hoku sighed and clapped getting everyone’s attention.

“Well it was nice seeing you guys again, but we still have to check into our hotel.” Hoku made the excuse reaching over for one of the bags that in turn were pulled away from her by Michael. Hoku chuckled nervously bowing to the guys before excusing themselves out of the café.

“Hoku, slow down.” Michael whined from behind her as she climbed onto the escalator heading towards the baggage claim area that was crawling with fans. She quickly pulled the mask up to her face before slipping her hood over her head for more coverage.

“Hey.” A voice called out again, holding her hand as she turned to look at a surprised Michael. She promised herself she wouldn’t cry on this trip, but once she saw the guys, she about lost it in front of them. He sighed, pulling her to his chest so that he could comfort her.

“Baby, it’s alright.” He whispered as her eyes shot open before she pulled away from him.

“Please, don’t call me that.” She begged as he sighed in apology and nodded, holding her again. Michael couldn’t help but feel a little jealous towards the interaction. He honestly didn’t want to come on this trip, but he knew that Hoku wanted nothing more than to be there for her friend. In turn he agreed only because he didn’t want her alone with ‘him’ around. He had heard all the stories, even when they would argue about ‘him’ she would always end up defending him one way or another, then it would end up with her in tears. So these were the guys she was so wound up about?

“Come on, let’s get our bags.” He urged pulling her through the packs of people as her head hung low. They were able to get their bags uncover before finally leaving the airport towards the rental cars.

“Hey, are you ok?” He asked for the millionth time since they left the airport. Hoku had her eyes to the ground the entire time, her mask never left her face.

“Hey.” He called again carefully grabbing her hand to hold in his. She quickly looked up confused before he sighed, just giving her a smile.

“It’ll all be okay, alright?” He reassured causing her to sigh, taking one deep breath before nodding.

“It suddenly feels like I shouldn’t be here.” She whispered to herself while Michael leaned in to kiss her forehead.

“It’ll be alright, we’ll get through the wedding and then finish your father’s work in Seoul.” He whispered into her ear before she nodded.

“I really don’t want to ruin their wedding.’ She mumbled looking away from him.

 

“What are you we going to do?” Seungri whined over to his hyung’s once they departed the overly packed airport.

“I suddenly don’t want to be here.” Top whispered nervously thinking about the upcoming drama that was sure to hit.

“When does Ji get in?” Teddy asked over as Seungri turned to him.

“Hyung comes in the day before the wedding.” Seungri explained before Teddy turned away nodding.

“It think it’s best to say that we don’t know anything. Don’t even mention to anyone that we saw her.” Top mentioned as the two men nodded.

“But Hyung will see her at the wedding.” Seungri pointed out before TOP nodded.

“He will, but best he doesn’t know before that or he may not show up as best man.” Teddy explained understanding what TOP was saying.

“Now I don’t wanna be here.” Seungri whined from his seat.

“We’ll just keep it on the down low.” Teddy answered as they both sighed and nodded.

“Don’t you think noona looked a little different?” Seungri asked the men in the car suddenly.

“Different how?” Teddy asked over as Seungri shrugged his shoulders.

“I don’t know, she just looked different to me somehow.” Seungri explained unsure how to explain it.

“Like she had a glow to her.” Seungri muttered under his breath in thought.

“Well I say now, Ji won’t be happy to see her here with another guy, we may need to break up a brawl at the reception.” Top mentioned sighing loudly, annoyed obviously.

 

“Oh dear, they found her.” Eden whispered hanging up and looking around to the hotel room she was resting in. Plopping on the edge of the bed, she just stared at the phone in her hand, in thought.

“Why do I suddenly have a bad feeling about this?” She whispered to herself before hearing the bathroom door open, showing Steph.

“Oh, you’re here!” Steph chirped walking over before pulling her into a hug.

“Thank you so much for coming early.” Eden thanked causing Steph to pull away chuckling.

“Well we couldn’t help with much for the wedding because of Daesung’s solo activities in Japan, I wanted to help with something.” Steph teased causing Eden to laugh and nod.

“Who were you talking to?” Steph asked confused looking around before Eden held her phone up.

“Seungri called.” She mentioned as Steph nodded continuing to dry her hair.

“Is something wrong?” Steph asked unsure causing Eden to quickly look away.

“They landed.” She informed

“Alright, then why does it look like you’ve done something illegal?” Steph pointed out before Eden sighed looking up to her new friend.

“Steph, if I tell you something, you promise not to tell anyone else?” Eden asked standing in front of the woman who just nodded confused.

“You’re not getting cold feet are you?” Steph asked worried watching the laughing bride to be shake her head.

“No, I’ve done something. And now I’m not sure it was the right thing to do.” Eden whispered once her laughing fit had past.

“Alright, have a seat, I’ll listen.” Steph gestured over to the couch in the room where both ladies took a seat.

“Alright, now spill.” Steph urged as Eden took a deep breath before explaining everything from inviting Hoku, to her date, to Seungri and the others bumping into them at the airport. Steph just sat there slightly frozen and tongue tied, unsure as what to say.

“She’s dating?!” Steph asked first, a little too loud than expected.

“I’m not sure, she just said she was going to bring a date.” Eden answered as Steph sighed, massaging her forehead.

“Oh geez, I can already see what’s gonna happen when Oppa sees her, and with another guy.” Steph mentioned as Eden hung her head.

“It’s not your fault dear, you wanted your best friend here, nothing wrong with that.” Steph comforted the heartbroken woman sitting next to her.

“But why does it feel like something major is going to happen all because I invited her here?” Eden asked in a whisper. Steph just sighed, wrapping her arm around Eden’s shoulder.

“Just don’t even think about it. It’s your day, that’s all that matters.” Steph whispered before Eden nodded.
“Do me a favor, and don’t tell the others. Only you, me, Top oppa, Seungri and Teddy oppa know she’s here.” Eden mentioned before Steph nodded. Maybe it was time to hire a little more help for the wedding, such as an entire police force to hold back the drama awaiting everyone.