It's a ... Secret! - Sujulovee

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Some day in August, 2008...

 

"WHAT? Me and HIM?!?!"

 

"But umma! I'm only 18 and she's only 16!"

 

"Age doesn't matter~ You guys like each other anyway."

 

"A-Anniyo! Us on talking terms doesn't mean we fancy each other!" Our glances met briefly before we looked away, blushing furiously.

 

"Ahhhh~ Look at you guys, look at you guys! Love is written ALL over your face!"

 

"Jungin ah, they're too young to decide for themselves already. So, we've to make a decision for them. What do you say about end of this month?" 

 

"How about let's make the ceremony on the 18th instead? We can celebrate Jiyong's 18th birthday as well as announcing to everyone about this joyous occasion. Killing two birds with a stone~"

 

"Umma!"

 

"Sounds brilliant to me! 18th it shall be then!" 

 

The two elder women laughed heartily while leaving us two youngsters in complete embarrassment and shock. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

Some day in August, 2013...

 

That turns out to be the BEST birthday gift ever.

 

In 2013, I'm Kwon Jiyong, 23, single BUT unavailable. Currently in a 6-year marriage with Im Yoona, the most awesome and gorgeous girl in the entire universe and has absolutely no intention of leaving this comfort spot. 

 

Weird isn't it? Married but yet single. Well well, here's to the beginning of Kwon Jiyong's and Im Yoona's life story~ 

 

Married but single, single but unvailable. Confusing isn't it? It isn't confusing once you grab the gist of it. 

 

Backtracked to year 2008, where Yoona and I did end up under an arranged marriage and eventually got married even. Yes, at the age of 18 and 16. Mindless I know, but this wasn't within our control. 

 

Mum and Mrs Im are best shopping partners while Dad and Mr Im are best of pals. Hence, ever since Yoona was young, we hung out together alot. From baby to toddler, from toddler to adolescent, from adolescent to teenager, Yoona and I had always been in each other's life. 

 

To be honest, I wasn't exactly THAT upset about having to get married at such an early age. Truth was, I actually had been carrying a torch for Yoona. I mean, who wouldn't?! Mind you, at the age of only 14, Yoona had grown into a beautiful and kind-hearted young lady and when she's 16, I'm left speechless. An elegant lady but yet preserving the tinge of boyish attitude in her. Throughout her childhood (and now adulthood), guys were always flocking around her, trying to gain her attention or perhaps, to even earn a smile from her. Yes, she's that precious, that popular. So, if I can keep this amazing girl for my own, why not? 

 

I bet she thought the same way too.

 

I'm not that a loser if you're wondering. At the age of 18, my name is known throughout the entire school and my house district. What are prom nights? Just invitation from ladies queuing up to be my date. Despite all these, I kept my distance from girls and is only close to her, though I ALMOST got into a relationship with her good friend, Kwon Yuri. Almost, because it's her who foiled the entire wooing plan. So, I bet she must be over the moon when our parents suggested an arranged marriage between us. 

 

Of course, both of us are extremely stubborn creatures and we 'objected' initially. However, since we're 'well-behaved', we obeyed our parents and eventually tied the knot, allowing Yoona to be the youngest bride possible (if you exclude those China history where girls are supposed to get married off at the age of 13). 

 

However, after our marriage, we made a pact to keep our marriage news in total discreet. We were still young at that time and we didn't want to blow up the matter. Like typical youngsters, we felt that marriage is only an issue between two people and others should not be involved. Hence, even our close friends didn't know about it. 

 

And well, they still don't. 

 

We announced that we're in a relationship after our marriage so as to allow us to 'date' casually and to ensure that we wouldn't and couldn't cheat on each other. Not that we would anyway. We lead a life of a typical married couple after school and when we're alone and though it's ridiculous, yes, Yoona is pregnant a year into our marriage. At the age of 17. We were so flustered at that time but our parents couldn't be more happy about it. In order to cover the lie perfectly, we had to seek refuge in America, completing our college there, instead of being in Seoul. Friends around us were all puzzled and depressed but we couldn't do anything about that. We were afraid that they would judge us.

 

Yoona gave birth to a beautiful and healthy baby boy 10 months later and we officially became parents at the age of 20 and 18. I guess this is going to be a regret that we're going to carry it to our grave - being parents at such a young age. We started a family of our own - greater joy comes from greater responsibility. After ensuring that everything was well taken of, we went back to Seoul. 

 

Throughout the 6 years, I wouldn't say that this marriage is a smooth sailing one. In fact, it's far from that. Married couples will always end up in tiffs, whatsmore we're just a pair of young couple. We each have our own thinking and dreams to pursue and always quarrelled to have our ways. Things were the worst during Yoona's pregnancy. Her moodswings were really bad and she was like two different person and when the baby was born, taking care of him and all took a toll on us. Thank god for our parents who're always here. 

 

Just like that, Yoona and I adore, love, quarrel and fight our way through. We're now adults, thinking more maturely and getting used to our responsibility. The love we've for each other is still burning strong and we just can't get enough of each other.

 

However, the truth remains - no one knows about our marriage AND about our baby, Kwon Jaeyong, who is now 5 years old~ I'm 23 while Yoona just had her coming of age day.

 

"Yobo, do you know what day is coming~"

 

And still, we haven't got tired of each other. Actually, scratch that. We're FAR from that - we're indulging in our love. Of course, being at the age of 23, I'm still the cheeky Kwon Jiyong, the one who wants attention from his girl. 

 

"Mwuh? Oh! Of course!"

 

"Really?!!"

 

"Of course! It's my beloved baby's 5th birthday in six days time!" She carries Jaeyong up and beams. "So, what do my baby wants for his birthday?"

 

"I want to spend some time with umma and appa together!"

 

"Ahhh. Your wish is my command then!"

 

One thing that has changed? There's someone else fighting with me for Yoona's attention.

 

"Yahhhh, Yobo!" I pout as I try to keep up with them. "Do you really NOT know what day it is in a WEEK's time?"

 

Count this as bad luck - Jaeyong's birthday is just a day apart from my birthday and our anniversary. Yoona's favourite month should be August, since this is the month that changes her life and the birthday month of her two most important guys.

 

"Eh? A week? Aishh~ What is it? My exams are driving me nuts, I do not have time to remember about dates~"

 

"And you have the time to remember about your son's birthday..."

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter