Too Late - Hiirah

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rated PG-13 :  Some Coarse Languages

 

"Yul, wait up. Yuri... Yah Kwon Yuri!" Jiyong shouted across and finally caught hold of her wrist at the end of the hallway. "Didn't you hear me calling you?"

 

"Oh really? I heard nothing. Only the sound of some annoying flies buzzing around my ears." Yuri let out a fake cough. "Now would you please let go?"

 

"I-I'm sorry." Jiyong withdrew his hands and kept them in his pocket.

 

"Did the sun rise from the east today? The almighty Kwon Jiyong apologising." She scoffed. "What's the matter? The school Kingka shouldn't be seen here talking to a nerdy girl like me. It will taint your reputation."

 

"Look Yul, I know you hate and can't stand the sight of me. But I have only one question." Jiyong knew this wasn't going to be easy but this's the only way he could find things out. "Yoona had been absent from school for three consecutive day already. Did something happen?"

 

"Didn't Miss Kim announce that she isn't coming back anymore? I'm pretty sure you heard it loud and clear. You were cheering with those bastards and es. Remember?" Yuri was getting angrier as the time ticked by. 

 

"That couldn't be... She didn't tell me... Something happened. Right? I called her phone but no one answered and I wanted to drop by her house but..."

 

"But you're scared of being spotted by your delusional fans."

 

Jiyong kept silent, indicating an agreement with her accusation.

 

"Gosh. Why am I even wasting my time on you! You're a hopeless freak. A self-centered idiot!" Yuri shouted and walked away from him.

 

Despite being humiliated, Jiyong gave chase nonetheless and tried blocking Yuri's path. It ended up with Yuri knocking onto him, causing the books on her hands to sprawl on the floor. In one of the books, a letter dropped out. Yuri wanted to retrieve it but Jiyong beat her to that instead. 

 

Jiyong ran his finger across the letter. With just one look, he knew it was from Yoona. The letter had a unique candle wax seal and if you put it near enough, you would be rewarded with a faint fragrance. On the cover, it stated: 'To Kwon Jiyong'. Three simple words. Nothing more, nothing less.

 

"It's for me..."

 

3 YEARS AGO

"Yoona! Come on Yoong, listen to me!"

 

"Don't come after me! Just leave me alone!" Yoona quickened her pace, face bathed in tears. She had enough. Literally.

 

"I can never do that!" Jiyong caught up with her and spun her around.

 

"Just go. Really. Stop picking me up whenever you drop me." Yoona shrugged off his hands and walked towards the river, letting loose a sigh. "I'm tired of this..."

 

They are best of friends, or at least they used to be. Fate had brought them together since they were just toddlers. From young, Jiyong had been her knight in shinning armour, protecting her from all bullies. Yoona is a helpless introvert. She could be a beautiful lady, if she had parachuted into other people's life that is. She always wore a gloomy face around until she met Jiyong. Jiyong, a bright and outgoing boy, was able to light up her life, to bring laughters into her life. Hence, ever since young, Yoona was totally dependent on Jiyong, and though it was a kid's play, she always pictured Jiyong to be her prince charming, the guy that she would marry eventually.

 

When they attended college, everything changed. Jiyong, being a dashing and vibrant young man became the school's headfigure in a blink of an eye. Yoona, on the other hand, became the number-one target for bullying. She's thin and haggard, looking pale and petrified at all times - a perfect target for bully. Since their life were extreme opposites, they were split apart. Jiyong was enjoying the limelight and Yoona didn't want to spoil his fun. He deserved all these, she thought. Thus, she made a pact with Jiyong - They were strangers by day, best friends by night.

 

However, it wasn't just strangers that Jiyong wanted. Jiyong wanted to draw a clear line from her. In school, together with other popular kids, he bullied Yoona; throwing her books around, pranking her, hurting her... Every single mean thing possible was done to her. It hurt Yoona alot that he's treating her in such a way, but, she loves him nonetheless. No matter what. It's just pretendence, she thought. True enough, when night falls, Jiyong would meet her secretly, whispering comforting words to her, apologising profusely. She would forgive him, and the cycle repeats itself again. Day by day.

 

"Yoong, please." Jiyong hugged her from behind. "I would never want to lose you. You mean the who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter