Be The Light - bagasvip_ss

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He was drowning―Kang Daesung was drowning. It had been almost two years but he was still lingering upon that nightmare, distancing himself from reality of today. He withdrew himself from society, basking in the silence he called home. Ever since that one fateful night, he had grown apart from the world, as if the past event had engulfed his soul and the person living now was not more than just a shell of a soulless man. 

‘Bad things happen but they won’t last long’.

That was what Tiffany had been trying to convey over and over again but the words never seemed to come out. She wondered if it was her conscience that was tugging at her weary heart or was it just a mere feeling of sympathy that was built over time. But Tiffany knew it better than anyone else that it was neither of the two; because in the span time of five years, Tiffany had harbored a special feeling towards her best friend but it painfully went unnoticed by those sad eyes.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Hwang Mi Young and Kang Daesung―they were the best of friends and had always been the greatest support of each other. Despite their busy schedules with the world tours and whatnot, they would make sure to spare some alone time for their special ones and indeed, each of them held a very significant place in their hearts. 

Their friendly dates were nothing extravagant, just a simple walk along a private park, a cup of hot chocolate clenched loosely in their cold hands. All they did was a small talk, occasionally taking breaks at a bench and exchanging genuine smiles. But Tiffany was more than happy just by having his company and she couldn’t ask for more―his presence alone was precious.

But for the last two years, Daesung had changed, and his behaviors were far from normal. Tiffany was contemplating whether the man in front of her was really her best friend because the Daesung she knew would always have a bright smile that reached his eyes which formed into crescent moons every time they met but upon her sight now was a forlorn face, sitting on the windowsill―looking so haggard with skinny limbs.

Her presence was still unknown as she deliberately hid herself behind the wall, and cried yet again. Tiffany missed her best friend, the old Kang Daesung. It was absurd, the man was still breathing in front her own being but it felt different. He was also within her grasp yet it seemed so far; as if he was out of reach. 

The night was still early but the room was painted in absolute darkness―almost pitch black if that even made sense. Many people would think that the house was unoccupied at first glance. However, there was a breathing man in here and Tiffany wondered how lonely it must have been for him having to cope with all the stress alone. And just like that, Tiffany’s heart wrenched in agony because this wasn’t how it used to be―she needed her Daesung to smile again. 

“You're here.” He said, after a moment of silence. The tune of his voice was weak and Tiffany could barely make out the words that slipped through his chapped lips. Momentarily shock by the sudden greeting, Tiffany clamped a hand over , in attempt to conceal her little sobs.

“I a-am. I’m here.” She whispered with a sad smile, her eyes were red from crying. 

“Tiffany, I’m scared.” He hastily replied, his eyes were b with tears when he added, “I’m so very afraid”.
Silently, she inched closer to the crying man before giving him a light squeeze on the shoulders in assurance, brushing her thin lips into a forcing smile. Again, they were trapped in yet another overwhelming silence. 

He looked so vulnerable that Tiffany had to fight against her own will to cry at the sight. Taking careful steps, she wrapped her arms around the trembling body, all the while denying her needs to scream and weep at the scene before her. 

‘You’ve got to be strong, Tiffany. He needs you’, she’d remind herself.

“Shh―Don’t be, I’m right here.” She gathered her courage to speak and cooed him. It was a futi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter