My Love - EelynC

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He had always been alone but never once did he think it was actually a concern, neither did he seek someone to be his friend. He found enlightenment in being single, after all. Acknowledged for being the sole heir of one of the biggest corporations had its own wonders. People paved the ways for him upon his arrival and some would shiver merely from the calling of his name whilst some shared unspoken stares after him. 

 

His life as Kwon Ji Yong brings him no luck, and he wishes he could speak up his mind and tell them how he truly feels under those judging eyes. People will definitely object his view but this is never the life he yearns for.

 

"Just where is the chauffeur?" A voice could be heard from where Ji Yong stood, loud and demanding. 

 

A middle-aged man walked down the stairs with a stoic look, and he didn't seem amused at all. As if on reflex, Ji Yong adjusted his position to greet the approching figure, which is his father.

 

Before he could proceed with his morning greeting, there came a familiar voice.

 

"I-I'm sorry, Sir. T-There was a problem with the car and ... You're fired!" A sharp yet firmed remark cut his excuse and the latter was left in ragged breaths, heavy downpours overlapped his sobbings. An awkward silence settled upon them before the other man in white suit stormed angrily across the hallway.

 

Quickly, Ji Yong threw an apologetic stare instead of comforting words but the butler knew him too well to not receive the message.

 

"Ahjussi will be okay, Young Master," the old man stuttered, his voice breaking.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

  It had been raining for three consecutive days already but unlike his father, the brunette boy found no reason to be mad at the weather. The cold breeze hit him in the face as he sprinted to the opened window, hands widely spread. 

 

A flash of color caught his eyes in that moment and he paused whatever he was doing, seeing a figure standing in the rain. Her auburn, wavy hair fell over her face as she stood, one hand stretching out in attempt to catch the falling drops. 

 

She was standing deathly still, her eyes were bare shut and a soft smile ghosting across her pale lips. Ji Yong could feel his eyebrows raising as he stared at the girl's acts. He innocently thought she would skip and find a shelter after a few seconds but he was left in awe when she walked even further, eerily still under the rain and at that, his pair of almond-shaped eyes glistened with a hint of pure curiosity. 

 

'She'll catch a cold if this continues.'

 

A sickening thought crossed his mind and he felt the sudden urge to reach for the girl in spite of her being not more than just a random passer by. 

 

'I'm just trying to help, that's all'. 

 

Bearing that thought in his head, he pattered down the stairs in a hurry, afraid that he'd lost her only to pause in his track to grab a yellow umbrella.

 

His steps slowed down and his tiny hands encircled the giant doorknob.

 

He almost got whipped by the big blow due to his lithe frame but the girl in white dress was the only thing that mattered to him at that exact moment. Nothing sparked his interest, not even the whistle of wind.

 

"Hey, you!" He said, tying to strike up a conversation regardless the forbidden weather.

 

"Oh, hi there, stranger!" The girl welcomed him in a rather happy voice and he was rendered speechless.

 

Receiving no response from the latter, she friendly tap him on the shoulder, snapping him back to reality. 

 

"Call me Yoona and we won't be strangers anymore!" She exclaimed, her hand hovered above his, inviting him for a handshake. 

 

Despite looking equally haggard with the soaking wet clothes, Ji Yong stood enthralled — astonished by Yoona's shining beauty. She looked so stunning yet very fragile that he thought she would break at any moment under the rain. But then again, all of his thoughts flew away as she flashed him a smile, a content one he might add.

 

"J-Ji Yong," he blurted out and received a chuckle as an answer. 

 

'She's my first friend'. He thought, a genuine smile formed on his lips.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Ji Yong was fifteen when he got his first friend. His life has changed drastically ever since he befriended her. He could be seen smiling all the time and it was quite a magical sight to any others. 

 

Their friendship bloomed into something more special and they silently wished to bring it up to a higher level. Ji Yong was seventeen when he confessed to Yoona and just like in a tale, they both declared their love. Ji Yong was her prince, and Yoona was his princess.

 

Everything was perfect until Ji Yong's family fell into a slump after losing a deal and things started turning out so evil. In order to save the company, Mr. Kwon had complied with an old friend of his and without a proper talk, Ji Yong was forced into an arrange marriage with Sandara.

 

As expected, Ji Yong strongly opposed the idea. He couldn't bear having to leave Yoona alone after all those struggles they had been through and he won't have the heart to break up Nichkhun and Sandara, too.

 

"I'll make sure Yoona lives a good life!" His father had said and he agreed, holding onto his father empty promises. With that, Ji Yong went out to search for his sunshine, his heart ached at the thought of letting her go.

 

"I'm leaving," he paused, his voice settled a tone lower after drawing a small sigh, "And I'm not coming back". Yoona offered him a lingering gaze, her eyes were b with threatening tears.

 

"You're not going to stop me?" He shamelessly inquired.

 

"That'll not change anything, no?" She snapped back.

 

Ji Yong gulp

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter