Reminisce

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Pabo! How are you doing? Is everything fine up there? Or are you wrecking a havoc there?"

 

Tiffany made herself comfortable on the bench and stretched her leg out tiredly. She leaned against the bench and a smile spreaded across her face as she looked at the sunset. Though autumn wasn't her favorite season, she had to admit there was something special about the autumn sunsets that nature had to show. She found herself watching the sunsets ever since his death. The way things were going in her life, they had a calming effect on her and soothed her sanity which threatened to slip away from her with every passing day.

 

"You know, Yoong and I went for a scan today. Aren't you curious about the gender?"

 

She continued to stare at the sky as her hand hovered over her stomach instinctively.

 

The season casted an orange haze above the horizon, lighting up the sky as if lit by fire, yet the haze was so crisp and clear. The sun, like a large, grandeur orange fireball in the distance was partially cloaked by the hanging clouds, which were all splashed with hot red and tinges of purple and blue. The sun was so large that she felt she could almost touch it. It seemed to look at her with a dull glare, knowing that its beauty and the planet's dependence on it for survival made up for it.

 

"It's a he..."

 

She let out an almost inaudible whisper. She knew there would be no reply, yet, she continued to talk. She knew he could hear her clearly. Even if he wasn't here with her, even if he wasn't near her at all...

 

The sun which had its fair amount of time to shine, seemed to whisper farewell to the world as it sunk lower and lower in a lazy manner; almost as if it never wanted to leave.

 

"You know, Jiyong was going nuts when he accompanied us to the gynae today. You know pregnant ladies have drastic moodswings and whatsmore Yoong was in her 6th month already. She was practically being sulky throughout the entire checkup and Jiyong had no idea how he could pacify his wife. He's good at pacifying girls but pacifying pregnant ladies isn't really his forté~ He looked like one of those ladies that is having pre-natal blues." 

 

Her chuckles echoed into the still and silent air and trailed off with the wind.

 

She knew she too, had to leave soon. She got off the bench and strolled towards the setting sun. A cool breeze passed, making her stop in her path. She let the wind tousled her hair as if it was him brushing her hair, like he had used to. It had been a while since her hair was touched by another or even touched another's hair. Then again, she hardly let anyone touched her hair.

 

"You know, under Yoona's instruction, Jiyong set me up on a date with his colleague... Choi Seunghyun, a handsome and charismatic bachelor. Most importantly, he didn't mind about my situation at all. He likes me."

 

She looked at the sun again. The sun was as orange as the sky, like a ghost almost. Yet even from behind the trees, it seemed to stare at her; a silent ball of wonderment. The very thing that gave warmth, life, light and happiness to many. That fact reminded her of him. Her boyfriend.

 

Or fiancé.

 

Before it all went wrong.

 

"Why did you have to protect me? Why did you have to throw yourself on me to protect me?! Why didn't you wait for me to say yes when you proposed to me?!! KANG DAESUNG! WHAT HAPPENED TO THOSE PROMISES OF BEING TOGETHER TILL THE END OF ETERNITY?!"

 

Her voice amplified and finally she exploded, shouting as her tears mingled with the crisp air. Her shouts vanished into the hills and mountains within seconds, leaving no trace of her doings; as though she had never cried nor shouted before. She closed her eyes, the events of that fateful day going through her mind like a reel. He had always told her to stop dwelling so much on things, but Tiffany was the intellectual type - The "thinker". The sound of his laughters and his tender whispers echoed in her mind, making her ache, making her want...

 

"Why are we doing this on our anniversary?"

 

She pouted as he continued to flash his cheeky smile at her.

 

"I want to do something meaningful on our anniversary. I want to share the blessing with those unfortunate ones."

 

"We can do other more meaningful stuffs, such as taking care of those abandoned animals or something. Must we really participate in a charity run? Like... RUN?"

 

His hearty chuckles rang as he wrapped his arms around her shoulders and whined cutely.

 

"Awwww come on~ Look at Yoong and hyung. They're enjoying themselves even though Yoong hates running too."

 

"That's because Jiyong oppa proposed to Yoong right here, on this day, two years ago. They're like welcoming their first baby already while we're still celebrating our 1st year DATING anniversary, Kang Daesung."

 

"You'll never know~ Maybe I would propose to you at the finishing line. Provided if you manage to cross it first though."

 

"YAH! KANG DAESUNG! WAIT UP YOU!"

 

"CATCH ME IF YOU CANNNN~!"

 

He left her with a cheeky smile and ran off, with her trailing behind. She ended up running by herself with the other contestants, feeling upset as compared to Daesung, Jiyong was beside Yoona throughout the entire race, tending to her, feari

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter