Matchmaker’s First Love - james_maknae18

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One glance. Two glances.

Tiffany was quite taken aback when she found herself throwing double stares at a rather strange looking man sitting across her table. It was a cold and bitter night and Tiffany was having a group dinner with her colleagues. Taeyeon, a colleague as well as a dear best friend of her was busy gossiping and cracking jokes but the man seemed so fascinating that she couldn’t afford tearing her attention apart for something less important, apparently.

He was wearing a lighter shade of navy blue suit which further complimented the gray shirt underneath and his chestnut brown hair was styled up to suit the formal occasion. If Tiffany was being honest with herself, he surely wasn’t the best looking man she had laid her eyes upon and he might also fell short into the average-looking-man category but there was this natural sparks within him that piqued her interest.

The way his hand moved gracefully in effort of explaining things and the way he would frequently stop at middle sentence to pass a smile, his eyes forming two crescent moons―Tiffany thought those kinds of small gestures were just plain endearing.

But the odd thing is, Tiffany had never believed in love at first sight, wait no―she even doubted the mere existence of this absurd thing called ‘love’. So, to say that she was surprised with the way she behaved was an understatement.

Just recently though, she attended a wedding ceremony of a childhood friend and Tiffany had offered her two cents when the topic of love became their targeted subject in which Tiffany shared; ‘love is not more than just an ordinary feeling of liking someone’. The bride’s face slowly turned into a darker shade of red and Tiffany wasn’t quite sure if it came down from embarrassment or worse, anger.

Taeyeon, who is known for having a high level of common sense had laughed about this once she studied the changing mood, saying that Tiffany was being ridiculous at inappropriate times. Only then, Tiffany hesitantly smiled when she received an imaginary death signal from Taeyeon and the atmosphere eventually got better soon.

Thus, Tiffany was really confused as she was somehow acting like a stalker. She kept tilting her head back and forth, sorting her thoughts which unfortunately ended up with a question mark every single time. A couple of minutes later, Tiffany decided that she was just overreacting, since the guy from earlier has an exotic visual and it made sense, of course.

Indeed, Tiffany was definitely not a woman who would bite her own words.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

The second time Tiffany met him was on a Saturday night and one thing she noticed, he was alone and just like the first time, she kept her gaze steady before studying his distinct facial features in a rather serious manner. But, Tiffany knew that it wasn’t nice to stare at people for a very long time, more specifically to a stranger. Therefore, to drop the ‘stranger’ status, Tiffany―who was so keen about knowing this man finally made a move.


“Hi, there.” She said, stretching out her slender hand for a handshake.

“O-oh, hi.” He replied, he adjusted his gaze upward and returning the humble gesture.

Without a moment of reluctant, she took two steps nearer and occupied the isolated chair opposite him and her action caught him off guard. She let out a chortle once she saw his surprised face and his eyebrows creased in confusion.

“Am I not allowed to sit here? Or, are you waiting for your date?” She snickered lightly.

A soft laugh was heard and she threw him a look under her eyelashes. Taking a sip from her coffee cup, she then slipped off a barely audible hiss; “What?”

“I thought you mistook me as your blind date. That’s all, but I guess that wasn’t the case now.” He explained, his voice went a tone higher towards the ending note.

“Oh, I just want to be friends.” She reluctantly said, returning him with a small smile.

“I’m KDS! The famous matchmaker, Kang Daesung,” he said in a loud tune, reaching his hand for a handshake yet again while muttering, “Let’s start all over again”. 

“I’m, T―Tiffany.” There, Tiffany wasn’t expecting the stuttering, not at all and she didn’t know why her stomach churned at his anime-like voice which sounded rather forcefully, like he purposely did that to amuse her. But then another question popped up in her head, ‘why would he want to impress me, though’. The question was left unanswered, of course.

Tiffany thought she was consuming too much time and quickly reached his hand to seal a friendship, but the feeling was different this time. All of a sudden, she felt so uneasy and started to think that she must be crazy to have initiated this.

Tiffany had always been right but there was always an exception because neither of them know that this was a beginning of a beautiful journey later in their lives.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Tiffany’s visits to the café downtown became more frequent

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter