My Genie - TopfanYulyanGyoon

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Why can't people just appreciate for who I am? Am I really a weird person like what others had said? Why can't I have friends around me too?

 

"Im Yoona. Im Yoona!" 

 

Right. Not only students hate me, teachers hate me too. 

 

"N-Neh!"

 

"Answer my question." 

 

"E-Eh? B-B?" 

 

"I didn't even ask you any question! Can you please pay attention in class?! Stop dreaming! You're not going anywhere if you continue to dream like that!"

 

That caused everyone to burst into laughters. They just loved to see my misfortune. They couldn't be more than happy to see me being mocked at, being scolded. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Did I born to get mocked at? To get scolded and ignored?

 

I sighed loudly as the bell rang and I left the classroom immediately, together with those boos and curses of course. I walked to my own little corner in the garden, a place where no one in this school knows. The garden looked the same like all the other days, but today, there was an extra thing lying on the grass. I raised my brows in curiousity and picked it up. 

 

It was shaped like the lamp that was featured in Aladdin (even though I've a deprived childhood, I still know this story exist alrights). A magic lamp? I laughed at my ridiculous thought but still, my hands moved voluntarily, rubbing against the lamp a few times. 

 

No response. 

 

I shook my head, thinking that perhaps, all the others are right. I'm really weird. Weird enough to think that GENIES really do exist in this world. I threw the lamp on the grass and went forward to take a sit on the bench, throwing rocks into the pond vengefully. 

 

"Don't you think the pond is too beautiful to be ruined by those rocks?" 

 

A voice rang from behind and I was startled. No one else should know this secret hideout of mine! Oh no! I turned around slowly and couldn't believe my eyes. There, a young man in his mid twenties stood, yawning and stretching his body. 

 

"I know I'm handsome but you don't have to stare at me for so long. I'm shy," the man stifled at yawn and smiled cheekily. 

 

"W-Who are you?"

 

"Genie? But call me G-Dragon or GD. That name is TOO old-fashion for a fashionista like me,"  he answered in a prideful manner. 

 

I opened my eyes and blinked at him in disbelief. I walked forward and started pinching his cheeks. 

 

"HEY! What are you doing! It hurts!" 

 

"Im Yoona, you better wake up now. Stop dreaming!" I reprimanded myself, trying to pinch myself. 

 

"Yah, why are you self-mutilating!" He grabbed hold of my hand and frowned. "Looks like you really need help."

 

"I need help? I don't!" I shouted and shrugged off his hand. 

 

"We see that you need help and hence, I'm here. If you don't, you wouldn't have rub that," he pointed to the lamp that I had thrown on the grass just now. 

 

"I was just tr-y-trying out," I turned back in guilt, not wanting to look at him. 

 

"Whatever it is, you've three wishes. You can wish for anything except for wishing for more wishes, asking me to go away and any immoral doings." 

 

"Then go away," I sighed and sat back down. The last thing I want now is to let people think that I'm mad as well, believing that genies do exist in this world.

 

"Did you not hear what did I say just now? You can't ask me to go away, at least not until I'm done with my job." 

 

"Ok fine. Then first wish. Do not tell anyone or leak out this secret hideout," I sighed and turned back to him. 

 

"That simple?" He raised his brows at me. "Shouldn't you wish like to have more wishes or something?"

 

"You said that is forbidden," I pouted in dismay. "Just grant that."

 

"Oh right. So you DID listen to what I was saying," he answered bashfully and scratched his nape. "Actually, only you can see me. No one else can. So, it's not really valid but oh well, consider it done. This is the first time I've such an easy job." 

 

"Great," I pursed my lips and thought hard. "Okays. Next, you said that you're a fashionista right? Give me a complete change of style." 

 

"That's my favourite! I thought you will never ever going to say that!" He grabbed my wrist and started running. "What are we waiting for? Let's go!" 

 

I looked at his smile and for the first time in 3 years, a smile fought its way up my face. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Ok, not this. No... Nopes... Not suitable..." 

 

That's all that I had received for the past few hours. We went into boutiques after boutiques but there seemed to be none that caught his eyes. 

 

"Yah, are you sure you know how to style? We'd gone too MILLIONS of boutiques but all you say is no!" I hissed under my breath, ignoring the weird stares that the salesperson was throwing at me. 

 

She must have thought that I'm mad, talking to myself. 

 

"If you want to look like an old woman, then by all means, go ahead and buy them," he put his hands into his pockets and chimed. "Ajumma Im~ Halmeoni Im~" 

 

"Y-YAH!" I shouted in embarrassment and hit his arm. 

 

"I-Is there anything wrong m-miss?" 

 

Oh . I forgot that he's invisible to all the others. 

 

"N-Nothing! I-I was j-" Before I could finish my sentence, he had pulled me out of the boutiques. "Yah! Stop dragging me around!"

 

Maybe I'm really mad. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Or not. 

 

"I-Is this m-me..." 

 

"You look brilliant, miss." 

 

"I told you so. Look at him, he's DROOLING all over," he folded his arms across his chest and nodded proudly.

 

"You idiot. You could have said earlier instead of going boutiques after boutiques, saying no to almost everything," I stared into the mirror and blurted out mindlessly.

 

"E-Eh? M-Miss?" 

 

"O-Oh! P-Pardon me," I blinked and smiled sheepishly at the puzzled salesman. "I would take this then. Thank you so much." 

 

"You're welcome miss! We hope to see you again!" 

 

The 'ok' thing that he was looking for? 

 

Contact lenses. 

 

"Okays, where are we going to buy clothes now?" I asked when I found that no one was left on the street. 

 

"Home. There isn't any need to buy any new clothes," he put his hands on my shoulders and stared into my eyes. "You look amazing just like that."

 

I fell silent as I stared into his eyes. Throughout this short span of hours, I had seen what a person he was. He was a bubbly, funny and charming genie. Though he was constantly getting on my nerves with his witty personality, his looks had outwin all his demerits. For a genie, he looked really handsome (okays, though I had only seen Aladdin's genie on TV and he's ugly). I know he was constantly trying to make me smile and evoke laughters from me. 

 

But, I can't be falling in love with a genie could I? I don't believe love in first sight anyway. But... Why was my heart beating wildly? 

 

Perhaps, having a genie may not be a bad thing after all. But, it's time to call it quits. What if I really did... Fall in love? I can't do this. No. Im Yoona, you're still sane. 

 

"Okays. My final wish. I want to e-" 

 

"I don't want to listen," he put his finger on my lips, silencing me. He let out an affectionate smile. "I want to stay by your side a little while longer. I like you." 

 

My eyes went wide in disbelief as I stumbled a few steps back, losing my balance. He wrapped his arms around me before I fell. I stared straight into his eyes and images flew past my eyes. 

 

"I like you too, Yoona. Oppa promise to be back to look for you." 

"Promise?"

"Yes. This is a promise." 

 

"I-I'm t-t-tired! L-Let's go h-home!" I blinked and pushed him away, walking off. 

 

"What's with the flushing face! Wait for me!" 

 

His hearty chuckles rang loudly in my ears. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter