All These Years - TopfanYulyanGyoon

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

10 Years ago...

 

"Alrights. You're no longer husband and wife," the lawyer announced as he closed the document with a soft thud. "As for the custody, since you'd twins, I would suggest each of you take one. But if you fail to come to this agreement, then we'd have to go to the court." 

 

"I'm tired... I'm fine with it..." The woman bit her lips hard to control her tears from falling. 

 

"I... Okays, I'm fine as long as she is," The man sighed as he ruffled his hair tiredly. 

 

"Fair enough..." The lawyer nodded. "So... I suppose Dong Minjung would be with Mr. Dong, while Dong Minjun would be with Ms. Kwon?" 

 

There was a silence before both of them nodded solemnly. 

 

"Umma loves you, Minjung... Don't you ever forget it..." The woman bent over and hugged the little girl tightly, tears falling. 

 

"Appa will miss you, little lad. Don't you ever forget about me..." The guy too, carried the little boy in his arms, feeling his heart clawing out from his chest. 

 

And this, marks the change of everything... 

 

The change the woman, Kwon Yuri and the man, Dong Youngbae~ 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

Present...

 

"Umma bbali!" Minjun shouted excitedly as he dragged his mum's hands. 

 

"Aigooo! Yah, are you trying to kill your mum?" Yuri let out a defeated chuckle as she tried to keep up her pace with her excited son. "Are we finally going to see my daughter-in-law?"

 

"Umma! I already told you! She's NOT my girlfriend! She's just my best friend!" Minjun finally stopped in his pace and glared angrily.

 

"Everything starts off with friendship isn't it?" Yuri laughed at his expression as she ruffled his hair affectionately, wrapping her arms around his neck playfully. "Let's go meet this BEST FRIEND of yours then!" 

 

10 years. It's been 10 years since the Dong Family was torn. After the divorcement, Yuri, together with Minjun, moved to Busan to lead a quieter and peaceful life. Being a single mum wasn't an easy path for Yuri of course. But Kwon Yuri, this tough woman, wasn't a letdown. She worked hard and provided Minjun the best, and when he's older, in order to let him receive the best education, she had sent him to Seoul. She wanted to train his independence and more importantly, she didn't wish to return to the land that brings her sad memories... 

 

However, her love for her son overcame the fear. Through the years, she made frequent visits to Seoul to pay her son a short visit before returning to Busan again. She was afraid to meet him again and thankfully, she didn't. But after so many years, she was ready. She was ready to make a longer stay in Seoul to see her son's best friend. Though she hadn't meet this friend of his, she knew he and her shared an amazing bond. Whenever he meets up with her, he would share with her everything about this best friend of hers. And if he hadn't specifically state that this girl best friend of his was just only really friends, she would have thought this son of hers was finally in a relationship. 

 

Minjun was a total sweetheart. Ever since young, he had been understanding, not grumbling nor complaining about not having a father to grow up with. Even when teased by his classmates, he endured it by his own. He had never asked Yuri the whereabouts of his dad. He knew better not to pry into his mum's wounds and well, he knew that adults have their own problem and him, being the only one his mum have, shouldn't hurt her. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

For the first time, Yuri was totally glad and relieved that Minjun was serious when he said that this best friend of his was just purely friends. Nothing more, nothing less. And there's definitely zero man-woman-love element in it. He better not be lying about this.

 

Because it would definitely be a disaster if he did. 

 

The moment Yuri saw her son's best friend, shock overwhelmed her and the very next moment, she felt like crying. Even after 10 years, she could recognise her almost instantly. It's her blood after all! Even after all these years, she had not changed much. She had only became more mature looking, turning into a beautiful young lady now. 

 

"Umma? Umma!" Minjun shouted for his mum, snapping her out of her trance.

 

"Neh!" 

 

"See! I told you she would like you!" Minjun let out a hearty chuckle as he winked charmingly at that best friend of his.

 

"Y-Yah! Don't be cheeky," Yuri became sensitive all of a sudden, hitting Minjun's arms. Even a slight wink is forbidden. "Hi, Minjung..." 

 

"H-Hello a-aunty-Yu-Yuri..." Minjung was slightly taken aback by Yuri's affection. 

 

O-Oh! S-Sorry! I'm too excited to meet this brat's best friend. He had been going on and on about you," Yuri realised her exaggerated actions and released the grip on Minjung's hands, laughing embarrassingly. 

 

"It's alrights! My dad has the exact same reaction as you when he first saw Minjun too!" Minjung did not find anything amiss as they took a seat. 

 

My dad...

 

"Umma! Are you alrights?" Minjun grabbed hold of the cup that Yuri was holding, helping her to wipe away the spill she made. 

 

"Y-Yeahs! I just zoned out for a moment..." Yuri tried to remain calm as she counted her breathings. 

 

Her dad... This means... This means... 

 

Dong Youngbae had long met Minjun?!

 

"My dad ADORES this brat so much that sometimes, I thought he's his kid instead of me," Minjung joked casually. "Oh! Minjun your last name is 'Dong' too isn't it? Who knows you could be my long-lost brother? HAHA!" 

 

Yuri bit back a curse. For the first time, she regretted not listening to her brother's advice. Kwon Jiyong had advised Yuri to change Minjun's last name to 'Kwon' if she truly wanted a clean break with the Dongs and if any one asked about Minjun's dad, him and Yoona wouldn't mind acknowledging Minjun as their son. Yuri had rejected this offer almost instantly, claiming that even if things didn't work out between Youngbae and her, he's still Minjun's dad and should take after his name. She's already brutal enough to not tell Minjun anything about his dad so the least she could do was to let Minjun keep his last name. 

 

Or maybe deep down, she was secretly hoping that one day, just one day they would reunite.

 

But not under such circumstances of course. 

 

"Maja... Your mum's name is Kwon Yuri too right? My mum too!" Minjun and Minjung, totally oblivious to their mum's darkened expression, continued to joke. 

 

"Yeahs. But come to think of it. It seems like fate between us? There's just so much coincidence! Besides, Dong isn't a common last name..." Minjung started to ponder deeper. "Even our name sounds similar..." 

 

"P-Pure coincidence! That's why you guys are best of friends isn't it?" Yuri quickly interrupted her thoughts. "I-I'm hungry! L-Let's order food!" 

 

And that finally put this topic to a rest. 

 

Inside, Yuri felt a pang of warmth. So Dong Youngbae did his part too. At least he told their daughter her mum's name. That's enough for her. That's more than comforting. And judging from her conversation with Minjung, it seemed like Youngbae shared quite a fair bit about her mum with her too. She didn't seem to resent her mum and was even understanding enough. 

 

The lunch went on fine thereafter. Yuri found solace in the fact that Youngbae had raised Minjung well too. She's a beautiful and smart kid, excelling in almost everything as well. She has a mind of her own but yet at the same time, she listens to her dad well. 

 

"It's been nice meeting you Aunty Yuri," Minjung smiled as she took Yuri's hand affectionately.'

 

'It's umma, Minjung ah...' Yuri thought bitterly but was quick to maintain her smile as she patted her hands. "It's nice meeting you too, Minjung. We'll see each other again. It's getting late, go home now before your dad gets worried." 

 

"He doesn't even worry for a bit whenever I tell him I'm with Minjun," Minjung rolled her eyes teasingly at the mention of her dad. "Maybe I should just date Minjun. I bet he would be ELATED." 

 

The meeting ended like that, with Yuri's busted expression and Minjung's and Minjun's laughters. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"That's kind of late, young lady," Youngbae commented without putting down the newspaper as he heard the opening of lock. 

 

"I thought you wouldn't mind me getting abducted so long as I'm with Minjun?" Minjung snorted as she hopped to her dad and lowered his newspaper down, giving a cheeky smile. "Appa, I'm backkkkk~" 

 

"Yes, I saw my beautiful daughter in front of me," Youngbae couldn't help but break into a smile as he folded the papers and ruffled her hair affectionately. "So, what's so nice to chat with Minjun? I thought you guys see each other almost every day."

 

"Well, I met a beautiful lady this noon too!" Minjung announced proudly as she stood up, untying her hair. "Minjun's mum. Aunty Yuri is really pretty!" 

 

Youngbae's hands trembled at the mention of the name but recovered before Minjung could even notice. "Oh really? She came from Busan?"

 

"How do you know she's from Busan?" Minjung turned and eyed at her dad in curiousity. 

 

"O-Oh! M-Minjun mentioned briefly the other time! Come on, Minjun said that he's from Busan, so of COURSE his mum has to be from Busan too right?" Youngbae chuckled nervously. 

 

"Oh..." Thankfully, Minjung did not find anything amiss as she continued on, picking up the one and only family photo she had. "Come to think of it, Aunty Yuri really kind of resemble umma... The eyes, nose, lips... Uhmm..."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter