Soulmate - insertnamehere

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The dictionary defines soulmate as the person with whom one has a strong affinity, shared values and tastes, and often a romantic bond.

 

You know what? Screw that. Really.

 

For one, it doesn't even state that it can be a one-sided thing. Not to mention about the fact that your soulmate may just be right under your very nose. Now let me tell you what is soulmate. Or more rather, let me tell you about MY soulmate.

 

Stephanie Hwang Miyoung, or known as Tiffany to all, is my friend. Actually, we're much more than just a friend. There seem to be a strong attraction force pulling us together. Perhaps, this is what they call affinity. I hit off well with her ever since we were in preschool and we shared the same tastes and preferences. As we grow older, both Tiffany and I change. But our relationship doesn't. Tiffany grows into a alluring young lady, while me? Of course I grow into a charismatic young guy. Our personality didn't change much though. Tiffany is still the same old Tiffany, Seunghyun is still the same old Seunghyun. Tiffany is still obsessed over the colour pink, while Seunghyun is still very much into raps and hip-hop music. We had common goals and values though. And that is, to live life to the fullest; Never to regret things that you had done.

 

I don't know when it first started, but I found myself falling for her. People always say that best friends would never fall for each other. But let me tell you, this is another misconception. In fact, relationships grow from friendships. I began to feel uncomfortable whenever there are other guys around her and I actually felt good when rumors are circulating around in school, claiming that we are an item. I think about her every night before I go into my dreamland and every morning, she would be the first person I want to see the moment I open my eyes. Irrevocably in love eh?

 

So, let me sum up the things needed for people to become soulmates: 

 

Strong affinity - checked.

Shared values and tastes - checked.

A romantic bond - checked (well, people see us as a couple).

 

So....

 

WHY AREN'T WE EACH OTHER'S SOULMATE?

 

Or at least I ain't her soulmate.

 

Throughout our life, Tiffany was involved in several relationships. It's not surprising, given that she is a rare beauty and is in the top-10-most-guys-wanted-her-to-be-their-girlfriend list, alongside with Yoona. Oh, Yoona is our close friend since high school. I guess I had done enough good deeds in the previous life to know this two amazing ladies. Together with Jiyong, we are known as the 'Fantastic Four' in school. Oh right, Kwon Jiyong. My friend since birth. Another handsome guy, and is hopelessly in love with our Yoona. Both Jiyong and Yoona could see that I am in love with Tiffany but that girl just can't seem it see it. Yoona did tell her about it, but you know what she says?

 

"Seunghyun? Gosh! How can that even HAPPEN? We're buddies, Yoong. Buddies don't fall in love with each other. At least not me. And I doubt he would."

 

Got it?

 

We have the same preferences, same values and I love her. She's my soulmate, but I ain't hers. Is this even fair?

 

Enough of these rantings. So, I have to say after all these, at least there is something good that came out from it. Of course, it came out only after I do something about it. Okay, maybe not me, it's Jiyong and Yoona.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

After two years of one-sided love, Jiyong and Yoona had seen enough. Yoona told me that Tiffany must be in love with me too, it's just that she's too blind to see through. By now, Tiffany already had a couple of relationship experience. As for me, I have to admit. I did date other girls too, to keep my mind of this fruitless relationship, but it always ended up as a breakup. All I think about is her. Stephanie Hwang Miyoung.

 

Yoona decided to lend me a helping hand. She loves me of course, and she always says that Tiffany and I would make the best pair on Earth. As for Jiyong, he decided to help me for his own sake. That brat. Yoona had told him that if she fail to pair us together, she would not accept his courtship. Yes, I experienced two years of one-sided love while he experienced two years of fruitless courtship. Maybe not fruitless. Well, Yoona likes him too actually. But she doesn't want to accept him so easily. You see, Jiyong has a past record of flirting and being unfaithful to his girlfriend. So yeahs. Yoona is giving him a hard time, not that I care of course. In fact, I support her and give her some ideas too.

 

Matters aside, time to excute the plan!

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Okays. I have something to announce." I pretended to take a breath and flashed my most charming smile.

 

"Mwuh? What happened? You look like you strike a lottery or something." Tiffany chuckled.

 

"Well..." I smiled and took Yoona's hand into mine. "Me and Yoona are official..."

 

Then, we received a moment of still silent. Jiyong gaped (more of an anger and envy stare) while Tiffany looked at the both of us with wide, unbelievable eyes.

 

"Jackpot~" Jiyong finally smirked. "Congrats."

 

"Though it is insincere, thank you~" Yoona laughed. "Fany?"

 

Still, she remained silent. She had turned pale now, expression solemn.

 

"Fany?"

 

"Er... Congrats! I-I'm happy for you guys!" Finally, she broke into a nervous chuckle and gave me a hit on my shoulder. "You better treat her right, Choi Seunghyun. If not, I won't let you off."

 

I smiled, but you don't know how disappointed I was.

 

It's alright Choi Seunghyun, it's not that easy to win the heart of a fair lady.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

We had estimated her to give up in around two months, if not, three months. However, four months had passed. Tiffany had been single for four months now too. She rejected all the suitors, claiming that they weren't her style. Four months of continuous acting in front of her. Jiyong was going crazy and was about to kill me with his glare whenever I held Yoona's hand.

 

"Let's carry out the final plan. It's enough." Jiyong suggested, more for his own benefits, rather than mine.

 

We agreed nonetheless and one day, I asked Tiffany out. We were strolling along the park and made ourselves comfortable on a bench. It had been awhile since we last spent some time together. 

 

"Wow, Yoona isn't free today?" She asked, with an obvious hint of jealousy. 

 

"Yeahs. She's in the library doing some research." I shrugged, heart wringing in my chest. "Oh right, what do you think about this necklace?"

 

I showed her a necklace. It was a star pendant and the star was pink in colour. Totally her style. She loves pink and stars. I could totally see her eyes sparkle.

 

"Omo... It's...It's so beautiful!!" She exclaimed, "Is it for me? You finally remember that you haven't give me a birthday present?"

 

"I haven't? Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I had been too preoccupied these few weeks. What do you want? I would get it for you." I pretended to be guilty and ruffled my hair, taking the necklace from her. "But this necklace is for Yoona. It's limited edition. Took me ages to find it."

 

Truth? The necklace IS for her.

 

"Oh... It's nice. I'm pretty sure that she would love it..." She forced a smile, a smile that reached the corner of her lips and disappeared after her cheekbones. I'm sorry, Tiffany...

 

"Oh. Time flies. It's six already! Time to pick Yoona up. I'll catch you back in school tomorrow yeahs." I looked at my watch and stood up.

 

"Yeahs, sure. See you..." Believe it or not, I saw tears glistening in her eyes.

 

I felt like stabbing myself. I made a vow to always bring her smiles, to never cause her tears. But here I am, acting like a jerk for my own sake. I felt like turning around and pull her into a hug, telling her that I'm sorry. Telling her that I did all these out of love. I kept on walking though. Until I reached the huge tree, whe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter