The Designer's Pride - GyoonYangyulTopfany

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AUTHOR'S POV

 

"10,000 won, woori Daesunggie is going to clinch this," Youngbae smirked proudly as he took a glance over at the clear glass panels.

 

"Anniyo. 10,000 won, woori Sooyounggie is going to be the winner this time round," Yuri shook her head as she looked through the clear glass panels.

 

"They're out!" Tiffany whispered urgently and all of the workers returned to their work desks. 

 

"I'm definitely NOT going to work with her!" A guy in his mid-twenties, stormed out of the office, boomed. 

 

"SO AM I!" A girl in her mid-twenties, followed behind him, shouted. 

 

All the subordinates exchanged confused and worried glances.

 

What just happened? 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

AN HOUR AGO...

 

"Come in~"

 

"Boss," a guy in his mid-twenties came in and gave a polite bow. "I heard that you're looking for me." 

 

"Ah, yes. And how many times must I remind you to not call me boss?" He chuckled in return. "Take a seat first."

 

"Ah, neh. Jiyong hyung," he took the seat in front of him. "There's a project for me?"

 

Before Jiyong could reply, a knock on the door was heard again, this time, in came a female in her mid-twenties.

 

"Boss~ There's a project for me?"

 

"Ah, just the person that I was waiting for," Jiyong gave a smile and shook his head. "Telepathy? You guys just love to call me boss and your opening line is always the same."

 

Both of them realised each other's presence and threw each other a dirty look, squinting their eyes at each other.

 

"Come, take a seat first. There's something that I need your help," Jiyong was quick to notice the tense atmosphere and spoke up.

 

"What is it Jiyong oppa?" The female took a seat beside the guy reluctantly.

 

"A new project for me?" The guy added.

 

"Anniyo,"

 

"Then it's for me right?"

 

"Anniyo," Jiyong gave a sigh. "Alrights. It's not for her, and it's not for him either. It's for BOTH of you."

 

Both of them stared at Jiyong, with a puzzled look, as though he was speaking some alien language.

 

"Chinjia," Jiyong shook his head. "Kang Daesung, 25-year old, known as smiling angel to all, Kwon Creative Studio's interior designer, wanted by all the female clients. Choi Sooyoung, 25-year old, known as the gorgeous shikshin to all, Kwon Creative Studio's interior designer, wanted by all the male clients. You guys specialise in?" 

 

The guy - Kang Daesung.

The girl - Choi Sooyoung.

 

Both of them stared at Jiyong weirdly, wondering what's wrong with him, but answered nonetheless. 

 

"Abstract."

 

"Simplicity."

 

"Precisely! That's what I'm trying to say!" Jiyong raised his tone all of a sudden. "Daesung ah, you're good in abstract designs, Sooyoung ah, you're good at creating a simple and homey feeling in your work. Hence, you guys need to work together."

 

Finally, they knew what Jiyong was talking about. He wanted them to work together.

 

"YOU WANT ME TO WORK WITH HIM/HER?!"

 

"Knew it," Jiyong sighed and squinted his eyes at them. "I know you guys are loggerheads, and always competing with each other, wanting to be the top interior designer. But, this time round, you guys really HAVE to work together. I have a client, my childhood friend. He needs help in doing up his new house. However, he threw me a tough question. His fianceé loves simplicity, but he prefers abstract designs. Most importantly, his fianceé is Yoona's best friend. So, you know I can't afford to screw this up."

 

"But hyung, Yoona is your fianceé not mine," Daesung replied.

 

"Yah! Is that how you talk to your boss?!" Jiyong gave a knock on his head. "In conclusion, if I offend her, Yoona is going to be so mad at me and if anything happens to our relationship, I'm going to drag you guys down with me."

 

"Leave it all to me, oppa. I'll deal with it," Sooyoung answered. "I'll be able to satisfy both of their preferences."

 

"Anniyo, leave it to me, hyung. I won't let you down," Daesung added on quickly.

 

"YAH! But that's not your speciality!" Jiyong was getting impatient. "Seriously, there's no doubt that you guys are the tip-top designers in the company and matters aside, I would like to see the product done by the both of you. Your team members are good friends and even couples! Why can't you guys just get along?!"

 

"Mianhae hyung, I'm afraid I can't help you in this," Daesung stood up and stormed out of the office. "I'm definitely NOT going to work with her!"

 

"SO AM I!" Sooyoung followed behind and shouted back.

 

Jiyong looked at his subordinates and gave a helpless chuckle, shaking his head.

 

When would the both of them stop arguing and realise that they're of the same personality and could actually click?

 

✺✺✺✺✺

ONE WEEK LATER...

 

"Yah yah, what are you guys laughing about?" Daesung frowned as he caught Youngbae's sneer.

 

"Yeahs, what are you laughing about Yul?" Sooyoung added.

 

"A-Anniyo," both Yuri and Youngbae covered their mouth immediately. "It's just that we haven't get over the fact that our two teams are actually sitting in one meeting room."

 

Sooyoung and Daesung looked at each other briefly before letting out a sigh.

 

Yes, eventually, they had agreed with Jiyong to work together for this project. Jiyong wasn't only their boss. Jiyong was their saviour. When Daesung was young and ignorant, always getting into trouble, Jiyong had found him and had requested his dad to help him out even though they didn't know each other. Whatever Daesung had now, belongs to Jiyong. He gave him all these. As for Sooyoung, when she thought she was at the bottomless pit, Jiyong had found her and lend her a helping hand, supporting her to pursue her dream. If it wasn't for Jiyong, she would never be able to achieve her dream as an interior designer.

 

Hence, even though they disagreed initially, after much thought, they decided to leave their dislike aside, working together to help Jiyong out.

 

Much to their reluctance of course.

 

"Y-Yah, the client is coming in a few minutes time. Stop acting lovey-dovey here, Youngbae hyung! Go get ready the materials needed!" Daesung got flustered and started stuttering.

 

"Y-Yeahs! Yuri ah! Go prepare some coffee and biscuits!" Sooyoung added on.

 

Both Youngbae and Yuri looked at each other and giggled silently. "Yes boss!"

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Ah~ Sooyoung unnie! Daesung oppa!" Yoona's eyes went wide open and she giggled. "I thought Ji was joking when he says that he has the ability to make you guys work together!"

 

"Y-Yoona~" Daesung and Sooyoung smiled at her remarks embarrassingly. "What brings you here?"

 

"Oh right! I almost forgot all about it. I'm meeting your troublesome boss for lunch and I happened to meet them downstairs~" Yoona laughed. "Here are your clients!"

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo, Lee Seunghyun immida. You can call me Seungri," a guy in his early twenties stretched his arms out and gave a smile.

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo, Kang Daesung/Choi Sooyoung immida. We're your designers," Daesung and Sooyoung greeted with a bow.

 

"I'm excited to see your work. Jiyong hyung said that you guys are the best in this company," Seunghyun smiled. "This is my fianceé, Seo Joohyun."

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo, Seo Joohyun immida. You can just call me Seohyun," the girl standing beside him gave a polite bow.

 

"Let's take a seat first before you guys tell us your ideal design," Daesung directed the couple to the table.

 

Sooyoung foll

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter