The Third Character

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

A story that involves two gentlemen and a lady.

 

In 9 out of 10 dramas, the main male and female lead ends up being together, and well, that last one would be a sad ending for the audience, where the female lead ends up with none. Ever thought or seen the lady ending up with the third character?

 

Highly unlikely.

 

The third character is usually portrayed as a nice, kind, caring and the eye candy and ideal guy for girls. All girls except for the female lead. True, the female lead is close friend with him, perhaps, best friend even. But she just doesn't see love with him in her eyes, which is pretty sad. For that third character that is. I mean, come on! I'm such a nice guy, always being there for her, taking care of her while she's sick, having her upbeat and emotional moments at my fingertips...

 

Oh wait, did I just leak out that the third character is me?

 

Yupps, it is.

 

But, yes, a big but here.

 

I'm pretty in luck. At least much more than those third characters in dramas~

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Should I call Bae over to accompany you?"

 

"No, he's busy and I look hideous now, oppa."

 

"Awww, come on! You just look a little pale, that's about it. You still look stunning, Yoong," I smiled. "If he minds about how you look, I'm going to give him a punch across his face."

 

"Gosh, oppa! You always know how to make me feel better~ I... AH-CHOO!"

 

"Look at you!" I laughed as I wrapped the blanket around her. "Drink this up and get a good night sleep."

 

"Do you think I would be able to recover by then? I mean, it's the company dinner tomorrow..." She pouted in worry as she polished off the hot lemon drink, finishing it with a scrunched up face.

 

"I don't know about that but I do know that if you don't rest now, you'll certainly not be able to attend the company dinner with him tomorrow," I chuckled as I gave her a sweet to press down the taste; something that I always do whenever she falls sick.

 

"Oppa, have you found yourself a partner for tomorrow's dinner already?" She asked with her wide doe eyes as she laid down.

 

"Don't you worry about me. There's a line of ladies waiting for me to pick them," I joked as I covered her up with a blanket.

 

When actually, what I wanted to say was, I'm waiting for you to be my partner, Im Yoona.

 

"Pftttt. Still the same, old self-conceited Kwon Jiyong~" She wrinkled her nose.

 

"Isn't that why you love me?" I pinched her nose affectionately. "Now, go get some sleep. You're really going to look hideous if you don't rest now."

 

"Naggy harabeoji Kwon!" She closed her eyes. "Goodnight oppa!"

 

I remained silent as I watched her smile turned into a gentle grin, her breathings going into a smooth pace.

 

"Goodnight Im choding~"

 

I whispered.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"She's asleep?"

 

"Yeahs," I nodded as I made myself comfortable on the couch, joining the couple - Yoona's brother and sister-in-law.

 

"Only you can handle her~ She always acts like a kid whenever she falls sick," Tiffany, Yoona's sister-in-law remarked with a smile. "You definitely got her under your fingertips, oppa~"

"More like the other way round," Seunghyun, Yoona's brother smirked. "We gave you a call and you rushed here immediately." 

 

Being so close with Yoona, it shouldn't came as a surprise to you that I know her family as well right? In fact, we're on close terms even.

 

"Oppa," Tiffany softened her gaze as she grabbed my hands. "I honestly think that if you like Yoong, you should tell her. Guardian angels are not the IN-thing now to follow~"

 

"Yah yah," Seunghyun pried our hands away in jealousy. "Look at your ring and ID card, Tiffany Choi."

 

"Pfttt," Tiffany wrinkled her nose playfully. "Jiyong oppa was the one who brought us together! Stop being a pot of vinegar, Choi Seunghyun~"

 

Yupps. I was the one who matchmake this couple. Seunghyun, Tiffany, me and Youngbae, we're all colleagues. Seunghyun had been carrying a torch for Tiffany but Tiffany had her eyes on me. I noticed and hence, decided to pair them up; a perfect decision.

 

"I'm fine, Mrs CHOI," I teased. "Tiffany Choi. Sounds nice to me."

 

"Thanks bud~" Seunghyun punched his fist with me. "Where the hell is Dong Youngbae when my lil sis needs him?"

 

"Uhmm..."

 

I was careful of my words. Seunghyun was really protective over Yoona. Even though they were half sibilings, Seunghyun dotes Yoona alot. Seunghyun treasures this little sister of him and Yoona loves and respects this older brother of hers too. Hence, when Tiffany got together with Seunghyun initially, Yoona was a little worked up, worrying that Tiffany, a used-to-be-playgirl, would toy with her brother's heart. It wasn't until an incident that involved her witnessing Tiffany's affection for Seunghyun, did she finally let down her guards. Of course, that incident was staged up. By who? 

 

Of course it's me.

 

I bet Yoona would be saying that I'm self-conceited again.~

 

"He's been working on promotion..." I ruffled my hair guiltly. "He wants to give Yoong a better life when they get married I guess."

 

"My sis is not even married to him and he's already thinking about making money. What would happen if my sis really gets married to him? Is she going to wait for him alone in the house every single night?"

 

That shut my mouth totally.

 

"Ahh, yeobo," Tiffany was quick to sense the atmosphere as she wrapped her arms around her husband's arms. "Youngbae oppa's initial thinking was good. Don't tweak it in a bad way~ What's more important is that Yoong likes him right?"

 

"Yeahs. Your sis is head over heels for him," I added quickly, trying to simmer him down.

 

There was a moment of silence and just when I thought the danger was over, a bomb dropped on me.

 

"Ji, I think Kwon Yoona sounds as pleasing as Tiffany Choi."

 

Wow.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

/Bae! Where on earth are you?!/ 

 

/On the way home. Why?/

 

/I had been trying to contact you! Yoong fell sick!/

 

/Mwuh?! Oh right, I was so busy back in the office that I hadn't check on my phone. Is she alrights now?/

 

/What do you think?/

 

/Thanks Ji. I don't know what to do without you~/

 

/Shouldn't you dropby to take a look at her? Seunghyun is pretty mad about it and as much as she claiming that it's fine, I think she wishes you to be by her side./

 

/But I'm really deadbeat now. It's for our future, Ji./

 

/I know bu-/

 

/I'm going to hang up now. I'll see her tomorrow anyway. Take care of her for me. Thanks Ji./

 

He hung up just like that.

 

/But she's your girlfriend, not mine.../

 

I decided to head back home, which was only a few streets away from Yoona's house. I had received a text from my colleague, Sunny, asking me to be her partner for tomorrow's event. Since I was too lazy to think of anything else, I agreed.

 

To be honest, I was mad at Youngbae. How could he be so nonchalant about it?! Even Seunghyun knew the importance of his loved ones. There was once when Tiffany contracted acute appendicitis while he was in the midst of a meeting with our important client. He received the call and with no hesitation at all, he rushed towards the hospital. I know he had their future at heart, but honestly, he needed to take a raincheck. He's losing himself.

 

"...Kwon Yoona sounds as pleasing as Tiffany Choi..."

 

Seunghyun must be joking.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Bae? Where's Yoong?"

 

We were all well-dressed up for the company's dinner and Sunny's hand was wrapped around my arms graciously as we spotted Youngbae, who was alone.

 

"Oh, she's still bed-ridden," he shrugged nonchalantly.

 

"Then what are you doing here?!" I was agitated and found myself clenching my fist.

 

"She told me that she would be fine alone," he replied. "Besides, the big boss would be here today and he told me that he would want to introduce some big clients t-"

 

"OMO!"

 

All eyes were on us by Sunny's shriek. I waved a punch across Youngbae's cheek with a grunt.

 

"Perhaps, when you get the promotion, you would have lost your girl."

 

I spat, walking out of the ballroom, ditching my shocked partner and with eyes all on me.

 

Seunghyun and Tiffany happened to arrive just in time to witness this a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter