I Do Love You - Hiirah

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Rated PG-13: Crude Language

 

"I love you." 

 

"Uhm." 

 

"I love you yeobo." 

 

"Uhm." 

 

"I love you Kwon Jiyong."

 

"Me too." 

 

She sighed and stood up, walking towards the bedroom and closed the door behind her with a soft thud. 

 

There was this girl. A girl by the name of Im Yoona who was irrevocably in love with her senior and finally had her dream come true when they stepped into the cathedral when she was twenty-four. Everyone had nothing but admiration for the both of them. They were seen to be the perfect couple. 

 

At the age of twenty-six now, with her holding the title of Mrs Kwon for two years, Yoona wasn't happy. Not at all. Sure, their marriage had been ongoing for two years and friends around were all jealous and envious of her awesome husband. She thought she was happy and blessed too. But it didn't last for long. Straight after her marriage, her husband had been furiously working, not spending time with her at all.

 

When was the last time they had intimate physical contact? A month ago? Or was it two? Yeahs, not too long a duration but what was bothering her was that, she didn't FEEL like a married woman. They did what all couples did; had intense make-out sessions, fights and patched up eventually, sitting down together for a simple meal. 

 

All except for one thing.

 

She hadn't hear him say 'I love you' before. 

 

Not during their courtship days, not during their wedding day, not during their makeout sessions and definitely not during their daily life. 

 

Was it that hard for him to say the three words to her? 

 

Or he didn't love her at all? 

 

"Goodnight yeobo..."

 

The guy looked up from his document and let out a whisper as he watched the door closed in front of him. He removed his glasses and rubbed the bridge of his nose tiredly, letting out a sigh.

 

There was this guy. A guy by the name of Kwon Jiyong who was a dashing and talented young man, starting up a small business of his own at the age of only twenty-six which expanded into a reowned corporation within a short span of two years.

 

Jiyong would proudly say that he's successful in his career. But what about his relationship? He couldn't say as much for the latter. Indeed, he had a glamourous wedding two years back at the age of twenty-six under the eyes of envy and jealousy of his family and friends. He had gotten the heart of his fair lady, the girl who had the brains and brawns. Despite being courted by thousands of qualified guys, she was only captured by him, soley him. 

 

Of course he loved her! Why wouldn't he! You must know how much effort he had put in in order to get her hand. Yes, he wasn't much of a romantic guy. Well, he could be, if it wasn't for the fact of his stupid insecure heart. At the age of twenty-eight, being successful AND charismatic, Kwon Jiyong didn't have confidence at all when it came down to love issues. He could make quick and accurate decisions in the business world with just a blink of an eye but when it came to relationships, he's an utter coward. Perhaps, it was due to him growing up in a broken family, he didn't trust love. He was afraid to have his heart broken someday, leaving him all alone on his own, like what his mum had done to his dad. 

 

He thought, maybe, maybe if he didn't shower and spell love and concern out like what his dad did, his wife would not leave him. Women, he thought, were greedy creatures. They would want more and more, newer and fresher ideas when it came to love. If his mum was like that, his wife would most probably be like that too. So, wasn't it better if he kept all these feelings to himself, without spelling them out to her clearly?

 

He too, found it incredibly hard sometimes whenever Yoona expressed her love for him openly and boldly. He wanted it so badly to cuddle her in his arms and whisper 'I love you' to her thousands, millions of times. But at the thought of what had happened to his dad and mum in the past, he hesitated. 

 

If being cold could keep her by his side, he would do all it takes...

 

✺✺✺✺✺  

Day by day, night by night, their relationship remained stagnant.

 

The girl who loved boldly and the guy who loved timidly.

 

Until one day, things decided to turn for a change.

 

"Wow. I didn't know our apartment is so HUGE that it takes a million lightyears for you to open that damn ing door!" Jiyong removed his tie and spat in sarcasm. 

 

"I was using the bathroom. Besides, don't you have your keys..." Yoona mumbled in annoyance under her breath.

 

"What did you just say? Come again!" Jiyong caught her words and his anger was building up. 

 

"I say DON'T YOU HAVE YOUR OWN HOUSE KEYS?! Can't you unlock the door and let yourself in?!" Yoona wasn't in a good mood either and rebutted. 

 

Jiyong was stunned momentarily by her sudden outburst of anger that he did nothing but just stare at her.

 

"I was waiting for you for the entire time and just happened to answer the nature's call and this is what I get?! Tell me what did I ing do to deserve this, Kwon Jiyong!" Yoona found herself babbling continuously and couldn't seem to stop as tears began to brim. 

 

"I'm tired today. The BOD had given me today and I don't wish to quarrel with you any further," Jiyong sighed and began walking to their bedroom.

 

"Tell me. Tell me. Do you even love me?" Yoona grabbed hold of his wrist and let out a whisper.

 

"I do," came the usual, short two-worded reply. 

 

"Then say 'I love you' to me," she pleaded. 

 

", why are you being so ridiculous today Yoona!" He was getting edgy.

 

"Me being ridiculous?! Araso! I got it all now. Yeahs, a wife calling her husband to say 'I love you' to her is ridiculous," she let out a cold chuckle and released her grip. "Yeahs, it's ridiculous..." 

 

Jiyong wanted so badly to turn back and pulled her into a hug to apologise and whispered the words to her but it ended up being the same old settings. He walked towards their bedroom and slammed the door with annoyance and frustration. 

 

Yes, he's annoyed and frustrated with himself. 

 

He crumbled against the bedroom door, sighing deeply. He felt something on his hand and looked down. It was a drop of tear. He kissed the tear, a lone tear falling from his eyes too. What on earth did he just do?! He wasn't angry because she had answered the door late, but because she didn't answer it like she usually does. 

 

It wasn't that he didn't bring house key. Of course he had brought and honestly, they didn't have to live in this small apartment. With his income alone, they could be living in a mansion, or at the very least, hire a housekeeper. But blame it all on him, he wanted her to welcome him home when he's back from work. Unknown to her, she had this special effect on him. Whenever he was met with her warm smile, no matter how tired he was from the entire day at work, he would feel better instantly. This was why, he didn't want a housekeeper. He wanted her to open the door, to welcome him home every time. This was just a little wish for himself.

 

He knocked his head gently against the bedroom door, cursing himself with profanities. He was guilty, he was heartbroken. Looking up at their wedding photo that was hanging on the wall above their bed, he let out yet another sigh. He had once vowed to protect her through thick and thin. But time and time, he was the one who had hurt and failed to protect her.

 

Staring at the wedding photo which protrayed a lovely couple smiling broadly and lovingly, Jiyong could only cry. He could only cry at how beautiful she was, how blessed he was to have her... 

 

"I love you, Kwon Jiyong..." 

 

At the other side, Yoona too, was resting her head against the bedroom door, tears streaming down as she stared at the wedding photo that was hung on the wall above the television. The photo that made people awed in envy and admiration. He was that handsome, that charismatic and she was definitely blessed to have him. She loved him, irrevocably... 

 

But maybe, it's about time to stop. 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

The next morning, Jiyong woke up groggily, only to find himself on the floor. He had unknowingly dozed off while staring at the wedding photo. He let out a chuckle, if Yoona was around, she wouldn't have wake him up or at least wrapped a blanket around him to prevent him from catching a cold.

 

Yoona.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter