The way Boss Fought - Troyal

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

August 15, 2008

 

A clear and starry summer night sky enveloped around a quiet and nearly deserted private open space in the outskirts of Seoul. As the various species of trees stood still around a lone man holding onto a puppy, his pint size companion just gazed up at the night sky.

 

"Excited to see your omma?" The young man still had his eyes on the heaven.

 

His little Boston Terrier looked at his master and yelped out a cute bark while the young man crept a wide innocent smile on his face.

 

"As if you understood you little cutie." He remarked as he gave the dog a small peck on its crown.

 

Soon after, a young lady two years younger than him was emerging among the sea of trees and flowers. A smile plastered on her face as soon as she saw the young man waiting for her.

 

"Young Bae-Oppa?" She called out innocently.

 

The young man turned around and smiled at her direction. "Oh, Joo Hyun-ah. You finally came."

 

"Oppa, how many times must I tell you its...OMO!" Seo Joo Hyun, known to many as SNSD's Seohyun had to cover in surprise.

 

Her boyfriend, Dong Young Bae, known to many as Bigbang's Taeyang, was holding the cutest thing she had ever seen.

 

"Oh my gosh, oppa!" Seohyun squealed in excitement. "It's the most adorable thing I've ever seen!"

 

Taeyang could only beam his oh-so-famous eye-smiles.

 

"Do you like him?"

 

"Yes! Yes! Yes!" Seohyun was jumping up and down like a kid. "I want to hold him. Can I please, oppa, please!"

 

Taeyang chuckled loudly at his girlfriend's reaction as he gladly handed the wide-eyed puppy to her.

 

"Oh, you are so cute!" Seohyun cuddled the little puppy while it whimpered by her hug.

 

"Hey, be careful with him will you?" Young Bae reprimanded. "It is not some plush toy like that Sgt. Kerokero I gave you a while back."

 

"Oppa, mianhae." Seohyun softened the hug around the puppy. "So can I keep him? Can I keep him?"

 

Taeyang again chuckled at her child-like innocence before shaking his head.

 

"Yah, I just got this little cutie today. I haven't even named him yet."

 

"Oppa, pwease.~" Seohyun gave Taeyang the rarest and cutest aegyo she had ever given. It melted his heart and Taeyang could only give in to her.

 

"Aigoo, Joo Hyun-ah. I sometimes wonder who is the boss in our relationship."

 

"That's it!" Seohyun exclaimed. "We call him Boss!" 

 

Taeyang raised his brows in confusion.

 

"It's a very cool name!" Seohyun continued. "And it has that hip-hop feel don't you think, oppa?!"

 

"Like a 'Boss'," Taeyang expressed with swag as he smiled. "I like that."

 

Seohyun smiled as well. She was proud that her boyfriend liked her idea this time around.


As the young girl continued to play with the puppy, Taeyang gave her a back hug and kissed her on the cheek.

 

"Happy anniversary my dear Seo Joo Hyun."

 

Seohyun sweetly pecked the young man on his lips. "And happy anniversary my dearest Dong Young Bae." 

 

As the sweet and innocent romantic feels went on between the couple, the little Boston Terrier bore witness to their sweet and ever budding love.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

September 20, 2008

 

Boss was jumping up and down as his mistress came into the room. The little terrier had been a little playful and excited every time she came in.

 

"Aigoo Boss-ah!" Seohyun was startled when the little dog leapt on her lap as she sat on her bed.

 

"Yah! You're as playful and rough as your appa."

 

Seohyun then patted Boss's head as he stayed on her lap, satisfied by the affection given. 

 

"Let's listen to music, shall we?" Seohyun her music player and played her boyfriend's single, 'Only Look At Me'.

 

"Hear that, Boss?" Seohyun continued to caress the dog's body. "Your appa says that I should only look at him. He sang that song just for me."

 

Boss gave an affirmative bark as Seohyun giggled at the terrier's reaction. However, they were interrupted by someone calling from the living room.

 

"Seohyun-ah, manager-oppa is here. He wants to see you." Taeyeon called out to the SNSD maknae.

 

"Neh, unnie."

 

As Seohyun made her way to the living room and being followed by Boss, she found her manager waiting for her with a concerned look on his face.

 

"Seohyun-ah, please get dress. We'll leave in 10 minutes."

 

"Wae, oppa? Where are we going?" Seohyun was confused, knowing that she was free of schedule until next week.

 

"Don't know. I just got instructions to pick you up."

 

"From who?"

 

"Lee Sajangnim."

 

As soon as she heard the name, Seohyun was frozen on the spot. And she knew why. The one thing she had been dreading had finally come.

 

SM CEO Lee Soo Man knows she is in a relationship.

 

Obediently, she bowed towards the manager, picked Boss up and went inside her room. After putting down the little dog on the floor, Seohyun then proceeded to dress as per instructed.

 

All the while Boss was observing his mistress's tears as she got ready to meet the SM CEO.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Seohyun remained silent while in the car. While hugging Boss, she was trying to tell herself that it was nothing more than a meeting. She however couldn't erase the thought that CEO Lee Soo Man knew she had broken the 'No-Dating' clause of her contract.

 

A concerned little terrier was looking at her. As if knowing what was going on, he tried to get her attention but Seohyun sat there, being quiet and deep in her thoughts.

 

"I've got the instructions now from Lee Sajangnim." The manager said as he put his phone down. "We are leaving now."

 

And so the car sped off to its destination and after twenty minutes, they had arrived at the supposed meeting place. 

 

YG Entertainment Headquarters. 

 

Seohyun's fears did materialized after all.

 

As both she and the manager went inside the building, Seohyun could only hug her dog tightly in her arms as both of them entered CEO Yang Hyun Suk's office.

 

She knew what was coming as both Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk, who were seated in opposite table, awaited her.

 

"Joo Hyun-ah. Take a seat while we wait for one more person." Lee Soo Man commanded sternly and Seohyun bowed, obeying what was told.

 

And not a moment too soon, two other people came inside the room. One of them was looking at Seohyun intently.

 

"Young Bae-ah. Take a seat." Yang Hyun Suk ordered.

 

Taeyang bowed respectfully as well and sat beside Seohyun quietly as their respective managers sat alongside them.

 

"You know why we are here," The SM CEO began as his counterpart from YG remained silent. "Apparently, there is a breach of contract that stipulates that both of you are not supposed to be in a relationship while still under contract for at least five years."

 

Taeyang was clenching his fists while Seohyun remained quiet. Boss whimpered at her tight hug.

 

"This sort of thing was made clear to the both of you even before you sign your pact with your respective companies," Lee Soo Man was trying to hide his displeasure in his speech. "In fact, both me and Yang Sajangnim knew the cost should idols of your stature were to be allowed to date."

 

Lee Soo Man then handed a photo to one of the managers seated. He then showed it to both Taeyang and Seohyun. It was a picture of them kissing each other on the same park a month ago.

 

"This picture was taken when both of you are being tailed by a tabloid photographer. If it wasn't for Yang Sajangnim's quick action, this would have been in every cover of sensationalist paper and entertainment blogs all around Korea."

 

Taeyang remained silent. He took a quick glance at both Seohyun and Boss. He wanted to hold Seohyun so bad right now.

 

"And of all the people who would violate this clause, we least expected that both of you would be the ones to break this," Lee Soo Man breathed a heavy sigh. "What kind of message would this convey to your fans, hmm? To your fellow members even? That the presumed shy and gentle Taeyang cavorting with the supposed pure and innocent Seohyun?"

 

Taeyang was visibly angry at the comment. He wanted to say something but Seohyun gently grabbed his arms urging him to stop. Taeyang obeyed and was now holding her hand.

 

Silence then engulfed the room. The seasoned SM CEO, after massaging his forehead, then continued. "You know of the ramifications of your actions. Despite the 'No Dating' clause on your contracts you still dared break it. Thus sanctions will be applied for this defiance."

 

Taeyang and Seohyun were getting restless. They knew it was coming.

 

"As of this moment, in total agreement with me and my counterpart from YG, both of you are to break your relationship without delay...."

 

Taeyang, after hearing those words couldn't take it any longer.

 

"Sajangnim!" Taeyang was suddenly on his knees interrupting Lee Soo Man. "I beg you! Punish me, sanction me, do anything to me! But please don't order to break us up!"

 

Yang Hyun Suk suddenly stood up in anger. "Dong Young Bae! Stop embarrassing yourself!" 

 

The whole room was startled by the younger CEO's sudden explosion. Even Lee Soo Man was startled.

 

"You of all people should know the penalty for your actions! There is no more room for discussion concerning this matter!"

 

"But hyungnim..." Taeyang pleaded in tears to his CEO.

 

"The decision is final! You are to break-up with her immediately!" Yang Hyun Suk then signalled both their respective managers to them out of the room.

 

"Wait!" Seohyun suddenly spoke, letting go of Boss as she stood. "Sajangnims, we will obey with your wishes as instructed."

 

"Joo Hyun-ah!" Taeyang was visibly shocked by her response. "What are you saying?!"

 

"I only ask one thing." Seohyun requested tearfully. "Please allow us to say our goodbyes privately for one last time..."

 

"Joo Hyun-ah, No!" Taeyang tried to go to Seohyun but his manager stopped him.

 

Yang Hyun Suk look towards Lee Soo Man for approval. The old man nodded his head.

 

"Very well." the younger CEO said calmly. "You may use the other room. You have one hour."

 

Seohyun bowed politely and went to the other room. Taeyang bowed as well to the CEOs and quickly followed her.

 

Soon after Boss followed his masters but not before looking at both Lee Soo Man and Yang Hyun Suk and giving them both angry and loud barks.

 

Even if it just a dog, both CEOs bowed their heads in sadness as if they knew what the little Boston Terrier was trying to express.

 

A few good minutes passed by and again the room was engulfed in silence. Until the YG CEO broke it.

 

"Hyungnim, did we do the right thing?"

 

The SM CEO gave a heavy sigh once more. "I hope so, Hyun Suk-ah. I hope so."

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"BUT HOW CAN YOU AGREE TO THIS?!!"

 

Taeyang shouted once again towards Seohyun. He kept denying the fact that his girlfriend was agreeing to the break-up.

 

For the past hour, Taeyang and Seohyun had been back and forth regarding this matter. Seohyun knew that their break-up was forthcoming and had tried to convince him that it was over. 

 

She was giving up on their love.

 

"We both knew this is coming, oppa." Seohyun's tears were like waterfalls streaming down her cheeks. "We are so young and naive to even realize that this is too good to be true."

 

Taeyang however felt otherwise.

 

"Joo Hyun-ah," Taeyang was now on his knees. "You know damn well I could fight this. I would rather give up my dreams than to give you up. I only wanted to be with you."

 

Seohyun was hurting inside. She wanted so bad to tell him she would stay by his side and fight. But for all the things that the prim and proper young girl knows about life as a celebrity, there are complications that must not be ignored.

 

"And what of other people's dreams oppa? Our members? We've worked so hard to where we are right now and we must not be selfish about these things."

 

Taeyang was crying his heart out. "You can't do this to me Seo Joo Hyun! You can't do this to me!"

 

Seohyun wanted to hug him so bad. The mix of emotions was tearing her from within and she wanted to be held into his arms and not let him go. But her logic was dictating her thoughts.

 

"I'm sorry, Young Bae-oppa. But we both know this is the end."

 

Taeyang felt his heart shattered into million pieces. The reality was hitting him so bad, causing his body to become numb and unresponsive.

 

"Don't say that Joo Hyun-ah!" Taeyang was pleading hysterically now. "And don't go, please! Don't go!"

 

"Goodbye, oppa." Seohyun said it with definiteness. "Promise me you'll still make good music. Promise me you will become big and famous like I hoped you will be."

 

Seohyun then turned around and went out of the room, leaving behind a crumpled and broken man. As she left Taeyang, the SNSD maknae wanted to die on the spot. She sprinted to the elevator and wanted to get out of here as fast as she could.

 

All the while, a lone presence was observing this heart-wrenching break-up. The little dog was confused as it followed Seohyun who entered the elevator.

 

"Boss, please take care of him for me will you?" Seohyun directed orders to the dog. "Make sure to stay by his side and always keep an eye out on him for me."

 

As if understanding his owner's words, Boss stopped following her. He stood there staring blankly towards Seohyun as the elevator closed on the young girl.

 

All alone inside the lone YG Building elevator, Seohyun burst into hysterical tears. She couldn't believe she did this to him and that it was over between them. She was bawling and bellowing hard as if she wanted to reach-in inside her chest and pull her heart out.

 

Even if Seohyun's cries were unheard from inside the enclosure, Boss was howling sadly in the hallways as if he knew what she was feeling.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

February 10, 2010.

 

Boss laid on the couch, waiting for his master to return home. For the past two years he had been a consistent companion to the man who was nearly broken when the love of his life left him. It was the worst day of that man's life.

 

But from the ashes of that break-up, Taeyang rose from it like a phoenix. And for two years he kept his promise of making good music as he made two songs, 'Where U At' and 'Wedding Dress'. Both were hits because it was dedicated to Seohyun. The emotions emanating from these songs were all because he poured his heartbreak emotions into them.

 

And Boss witnessed it all. Taeyang's meteoric rise to fame as one of the best artists out there was also in part because the now grown-up Boston Terrier was constantly by his side, keeping him happy and making sure he does not fall into depression once again. 

 

Boss had become Taeyang's source of strength.

 

As Boss waited, he soon jumped out of the couch as he saw the door opened. He was expecting the angelic voiced eye smiling Taeyang to pick him up and cuddle him affectionately.

 

"Hey there little brat, how's it hanging?" Taeyang smiled as he picked up his companion and tickled Boss' belly.

 

Boss liked it so much, he made a cute satisfied look.

 

"Aigoo, you're such a little nuisance sometimes." Taeyang chuckled as he put down the terrier and was ready for some R&R in his apartment.

 

"So should we listen to some tunes or do we watch some TV?" Taeyang asked his companion.

 

The dog barked twice.

 

"TV it is."

 

Taeyang then sat on his couch, picked up the remote control and had Boss sat lazily by his side. Throughout that afternoon they were skimming through every channel trying to find any good shows. Until they chanced upon MBC's We Got Married.

 

"There. Let's watch this before 'Infinity Challenge' comes." Taeyang brightly smiled at Boss and the dog simply barked in agreement.

 

However, that bright smile on his face turned into frowns as Taeyang unexpectedly chanced upon the show's next segment. It was the very first Seohyun and CNBlue's Younghwa couple segment.

 

Soon, the supposed to be bright and cheery Taeyang was now scowling at the flat screen. He found his ex-girlfriend trying to be all sweet and caring towards another man. Forget that the show was semi-scripted and not real, Taeyang didn't like what he was seeing. He gripped the remote with such a force, it could have easily been broken in half.

 

Boss was feeling that something was not right. He kept a constant vigilan

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter