A Love story to be Remembered - yulyangisy

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Idiot Kwon Jiyong! Idiot, idiot idiot! You're the BIGGEST idiot in this world!" Yoona cussed under her breath while wiping the table harshly. 

 

"Now now now, what have this poor table done to our cute little Yoongie here?" A hearty laughter rang from behind her.

 

"Oh? Yuri halmeoni! Don't tease me!" Yoona broke into an embarrassed smile as she turned around to see who it was. 

 

"Come on, stop venting anger on this poor table and tell this old lady what had happened to you," Yuri laughed as she stretched out her hand, motioning Yoona to come nearer. 

 

"What else~" Yoona sighed as she dropped the cloth, taking Yuri's hand as she pushed her wheelchair towards her bed and helped her up the bed.

 

"You came here alone today? Where's my handsome Jiyong boy?" Yuri asked with a smile as she laid against the pillow comfortably. 

 

"Aishh~ halmeoni, don't talk about him!" At the sound of his name, Yoona became all edgy again.

 

"Judging from your expression, looks like it isn't the table that you're against with, but is Jiyong instead. Right?" 

 

"Halmeoni, you really need to stop reading my mind like a book," Yoona pouted. "Him! He's always like this! Being surrounded by MILLIONS of girls. I point that out to him but he never once admit. He's definitely cheating on me!"

 

Yuri listened to her grumblings intently, a smile continued to linger on her face. 

 

"Halmeoni, why are you looking at me like that," Yoona noticed her expression and raised her brows curiously.

 

"Cause Jiyong reminds me of the past me," Yuri commented. "Yoona ah, would you please be a sweetheart to get the box of cookie tin from the drawer below?" 

 

"Neh~" Yoona nodded and bent down, opening the draw to retrieve the cookie tin. "Oh? What is this?"

 

"Open it up," Yuri encouraged.

 

"Omo! Halmeoni, is this you? You're so pretty!" Yoona's eyes went wide in surprise the moment she opened the tin, being welcomed by photos, some coloured, while mostly, black and white. 

 

"Yes, those were the days~" Yuri gave a contented sigh as she picked up a black and white photo, which showed a girl being surrounded by a group of guys. "Let this old lady share with you her little love story..." 

 

✺✺✺✺✺

Back to the year 1933...

 

"Yuri ah! Accept me please! Yuri!" 

 

"Yuri ah! Jeballlll! Come to me!" 

 

"Yuri! Yuri! Yuri!"

 

That's the life of Kwon Yuri. She's the beaut in the school, which explained her popularity in school. She had no lack of suitors and stalkers and was constantly surrounded by guys. Of course, this wild and young girl enjoys the attention and she changes boyfriend like changing clothes, not caring if their hearts would be broken or not.

 

Guys to her, was just toys. 

 

What's love?

 

"Woahhh... Halmeoni is a bad girl!" Yoona commented teasingly as she took up another photo, black and white too. This time, it was a photo of a girl and an innocent looking guy. The guy was smiling shyly while the girl wrapped her arm across his neck bravely, smiling cheekily. "So this is harabeoji I guess? He's so cute!" 

 

"True that. That's why he's able to capture my eyes~"

 

Back to the year 1934...

 

"Yuri! Please give me your love!" 

 

"Go away! I don't want to see you!" Yuri shouted at the top of her lungs, hands cupped over her ears as she broke into a run. "OUCH! Watch where you're going!" 

 

She was running and since she wasn't looking at where she's going, she knocked onto someone, falling on her bum. 

 

"I'm-I'm sorry! A-Are you hurt?" 

 

Yuri was furious as she looked up, wanting to give a death glare. However, upon seeing the culprit, her expression froze. 

 

"Hello? Are you alrights? Do I have to send you to the nurse office?" The guy waved his hands in front of her, a look of worry. 

 

Yuri was stunned by the guy in front of her. Honestly, handsome guys, she had seen and well, had dated tons of them. Yet, none of them had made her heart skipped a beat like this guy did. This guy, he wasn't someone who possessed superior genes but yet, there's this Y-factor of him that captured her attention. His hair was braided and his eyes were the pair of eyes that captured her heart.

 

"I-I'm fine!" 

 

Hell! What's with her reaction?! She's THE Kwon Yuri! Now, why is she stuttering like a small little girl that's having a crush! Keep calm, Kwon Yuri, keep calm. Do like what you always do - Play cool. Yes, cool. 

 

"It's fine. I'm sorry for not watching where I was going," Yuri tugged her hair behind her ears and stood up with his help. 

 

"Are you sure? I think you should go to the nurse office to have a check still," the guy's brows furrowed in worry. 

 

"It's just a mere knock! I'm not make of paper!" She laughed in response. "Alrights. If you really want to be responsible for this, I'll give you my number."

 

"E-Eh?" 

 

"So that you can check on me to see if I'm okay," Yuri answered in a matter-of-fact tone. "Give me your number too." 

 

"Eh?"

 

"So that if I've any aftermath injuries, I'll know who to seek medical fees from," Yuri explained, taking the phone which was on his hand and keyed her number in. "There~"

 

"O-Okays... See you then, Yuri..sshi?" The guy took the phone back from her and saw the contact on his phone - 'Yuri ♥'.

 

"Don't be mistaken, I put that heart sign in everyone's phone," Yuri, though clearly had an ulterior motive, was trying to play cool. "Now, shouldn't it be fair for you to tell me your name too?"

 

"Oh, Youngbae. Dong Youngbae," the guy blinked and answered innocently. 

 

"Alrights then. So, see you around, Youngbae-sshi," Yuri smiled triumphly and walked away, waving the phone at him. 

 

Yuri couldn't help but chuckled amusingly as she caught him still standing there, staring at the phone and scratching his head in bewilderment.

 

What a cute guy~

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

Ever since then, they'd been in contact. For someone who is an expert in playing hard to get, Kwon Yuri was going insane. Literally. Apparently, that innocent Dong Youngbae doesn't seem to be that innocent after all. Or maybe he really is. So innocent that he doesn't even know whatever he's doing is actually call playing-hard-to-get. That must be it, thought Yuri. Because he didn't literally wait for her to phone him. He did initiate the contact but every contact had a purpose. Like asking if her bum is alright, asking her if her leg is hurting and the list went on and on as he asked her about almost each and every of her body parts. As if a small knock would hurt that much. Yuri was already throwing so many direct hints at him! Hints that she wanted to go out on a date with him. Be friends or something! Not just pure obligations and guilt between them. 

 

That's it! Yuri thought she'd had enough. Because of this guy, she had become a refined young lady, not fooling around and breaking guys' heart. She found out that Youngbae was a dance fanatic, just like her. Hence, she decided to give it a shot. She typed and retyped on her phone feverishly, trying to come out with a chic but a non-rejection message.

 

Hey! I thought of how you can repay me. I heard that there's this hip-hop festival coming up and there's this particular dance exhibition that I would like to see. How about you treating me to that and we'll call it even between us?

 

She smiled victoriously and hit the send button.

 

Sure! I've got the tickets! See you outside the school at 6PM this Saturday then!

 

An invitation that he couldn't reject and didn't make her sound too desperate. 

 

Checked!

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

It was byfar her best date ever. Yuri had been on many, countless to be exact, and yet none, none of them could match up to this. And the issue is, this date, was the simplest out of all the others. 

 

They did nothing fanciful - no posh car, no classy restaurant, no romantic atmosphere. They got to the place on Youngbae's bicycle and after the exhibition, they had a simple dinner by those roadside stalls and lastly, they strolled along the park after dinner, discussing about the exhibition excitedly.

 

"So you're fine now?" 

 

It seemed like they were longtime besties, being really comfortably as they sat side by side, chatting away. 

 

"Of course! I'm not made of PAPER. Come on!" She snorted and gave a punch on his arm.

 

"With this strength, you'd proof that you're right," he chuckled, rubbing his sore arm.

 

Silence loomed over them and Yuri found the sudden urge to confess. It's now or never, she thought.

 

"Yah! Let's take a picture together! Tonight is such a beautiful night!" She clapped her hands and stood up. 

 

"I don't see why not," he had flashed his bright smile graciously. 

 

"1,2... Say cheese!"

 

They found someone to take a photo of them and this was how the first picture of them was formed~ With the playful Kwon Yuri wrapping her arms around the innocent Dong Youngbae's arms.

 

"Uhmmm, it's well taken!"

 

"Of course! That's because we're in it!"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter