My Fab Boss: 17

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

17 | Athena 1.2

 

 

"You know what? I still wonder why they're staying over?"

 

"Who are you talking about?" Yoona asked, quiet not getting her boss' question. The moment they entered the lift, the girl ask it immediately. She barely could cope.

 

"You know what I am talking about, Yoonggator." 

 

"Nicole and Jessica?"

 

"Exactly~" Seohyun shrugs her shoulders. She puffs and put the hood on her head. Seeing or encountering the two girls really made her a little moody. Especially that today, a race is going to happen.

 

"Um, I've heard Nicole's car is broken. A technician is looking on it. And... It was rainning last night, so they can't go back home. Nicole got interested with the race, precisely. So yeah, they're here." Yoona explained, without putting any meaning of it. However, her boss is looking at her like she had done something. As if she mentioned something bad in her ears. She blinks twice, doesn't know what to say.

 

"Whatever." Seohyun decided to shrug anyway. She yawned so big and crossed her arms.

 

"You are still sleepy?"

 

"No."

 

"But you, Yawn."

 

Seohyun purse her lips briefly before glancing to Yoona. "Who would feel a little sleepy, when you made me drink the milk in your mouth and my glass?" more like, she's mocking.

 

"Oh, hehe. I thought it will help. But you feel good right?" Yoona sheepishly answered. Seohyun sighed, and scooted closer to her, so her arms are wrapped around her left arm. She giggles. "You're getting comfortable, Huh?"

 

"Just shut up." Seohyun mumbles simply. "I want to gain some more strength, for the race."

 

"You're going to win."

 

"You will cheer for me?"

 

Yoona sighed defiantly. "Yeah, of course." cheeks slowly turned red, recalling what she did last night.

 

"I will win if you cheer. If you won't, I won't also." Seohyun warned.

 

"Ugh, You're seriously something." Yoona chuckles softly. "No worries, whether you win or lose, the resort still has you." She gives her a pat in the head, since she was leaning on her shoulder as well.

 

"This is the last day, ya know. We're going back to office tomorrow."

 

"Omo. Today is the 3rd day?" Yoona frowned, almost forgot the day. 

 

Seohyun glanced at Yoona. "What the heck. Where did you came from last night? I told you about it."

 

"Y-Yeah, I just remember."

 

"Babo." Seohyun knocks Yoona's head, earning her giggle instead. She then returned her head to the girl's shoulder. But it was on time, as the elevator dinged. She casually let go of the girl's arm and walked out the lift. It wasn't long enough and they caught the sight of Yuri and her Aunt, in the lounge.

 

"You guys are so early, eh?"

 

"Um, We need to discuss the contract before anything else." Yoona answered.

 

"Contract? Nope. We need to go to the racing yard now. A lot of participants and guests are waiting there.  Come follow me." Yuri says, ushering the two girls. Especially her cousin. Seohyun just doesn't mind and excitedly walk side by side with her cousin.

 

Yoona and Boa are behind, smiling into each other for a greeting. Whilst, following.

 

"But we need to choose a different outfit for you. You're like going to a club, Hyun." Yuri noticed, her cousin is in her short-shorts and hoodie shirt, which made it feel like, she's about to go on a club and take off those hoodie to dance. Seohyun wanted to complain, but Yuri has shut by adding words. "There's a store we're going to pass by. You change, Okay?"

 

"Whatever." Seohyun simply says. 

 

They stepped into the resort's cart. Like last night, Seohyun and Yoona are behind Yuri and her mother. As their cart left, Nicole and Jessica walked out the building, immediately stepping into the next cart, following the other cart.

 

Shortly, they arrived at the racing place. The audience area was filled with guests, busting in anticipations for the start of the event. That includes Yoona and Jessica, who were on the audience area already. Both couldn't wait any longer.

 

Yuri, herself, is excited to know who will win. But before anything else, she brought Seohyun to that store she was talking about. She made her changed her mind in wearing a real equestrian; black riding boots, breeches, a polo shirt, black gloves and black riding helmet. Above all, she made her put some light make-up on and tie her loose hair. Since the event will be covered by some few sports media, she should look good in front of everybody.

 

"Look how good you are. Hmm?" Yuri beamed, as she stared at her cousin from head to toe.

 

"Chincha? I look like a professional Equestrian now?" Seohyun smiled, brightly. She liked it when someone praised her.

 

"Yup. And you have no reasons to decline this offer. Win or lose." Chuckling, Yuri grabs her cousin's one arm and gently drags her out the store. And then, they headed to the stables. 

 

"Wow." was all that Seohyun can say once she realized the horses are really cool. Most of them are brown, black and gray. She got more excited when one by one, the participants rode into their own horses, as they left the stables and headed to the race yard. She had stop and literally just admire every horses that pass by her. She clasped her palms, eyes are sparkling -- feeling like a little kid that just get to see a horse. She's really not expecting this would give her thrill. She thought it would be so normal thing only. But damn, the horses are gorgeous. It's indeed a for a while now since she last saw horses. Sigh. If only she's not that busy.

 

"Yah! over here, Hyunnie!" Yuri's voice echoed so loud, it snapped her back to reality. And without wasting a single second, she jogs her way to her cousin, waiting for her at the end of the stables.

 

"Tada! This is your horse." Yuri happily presented, the white horse that stands so tall and strong in front of them.

 

"Omo. This is... wow... Awesome!" Seohyun gasped, surprised.

 

"Her name is Athena." Yuri says, proud of her own horse.

 

"Chincha? She's... Okay, so you give me a special horse?" Seohyun can't believe Yuri is treating her well.

 

"Of course, since you are our vip guest. You should be special." Yuri chuckled, as she consequently opened Athena's gate and reached for the latter's reins. Gently, she pulled her out of her place.

 

"Is this a Unicorn?" Seohyun stepped back, looking so amazed. As of the horse heard her, it stares at her briefly.

 

"It will be a Unicorn if you put a horn." giggles Yuri, amusingly. She started to rub Athena's back. "Athena, meet Seohyun. She's my cousin. And today, she's going to be your boss? Okay? Behave." she signals Seohyun to come closer and do as what she's doing. 

 

But instead of her back, Seohyun decided to reach on the white horse's face, giving her some rub. "Hi, Athena, I'm Seohyun. Nice to meet you." She giggles when it behave to her touch. It even closes its eyes, as if, she wanted to feel her touch. She keeps it doing, while Yuri is smiling at her.

 

"Athena is so sensitive when it comes to new people. So do that in 5 minutes. After that, I suggest you also, hug her before going up. That way, she can see and feel your heart." Yuri knowingly informed. She had been keeping the white horse in the resort for how many years now. She certainly knows her attitude.

 

After a while, Seohyun did as her cousin told her. She hugs her on her neck. Within 10 seconds,Athena suddenly stepped from her, causing for her to almost jump in surprised.

 

"Why?!"

 

Yuri looked at the horse's face, the latter seemed scared with something. As she looked into her eyes, the latter is looking into Seohyun. She sighed, and reached for her face and rubs her. "It's Okay. It's Okay, she's not harmful, baby. Do you remember? She's your Omma." she added in a whisper.

 

"Why is it?" Seohyun got a little worried, didn't hear anything from Yuri's whisper.

 

"She got scared a little with you. I don't know what's the meaning of this, but at least she did not move violently. Usually, if she got scared, she would violently react." Yuri muttered. "Why don't you try again?" And suggested for the 2nd time.

 

Seohyun nodded, obliviously. She stepped forward, but the latter stepped two backward away from her again. Yuri ushers her to go on, until the horse seemed to behave, as she lets Seohyun hug her. Sooner or later, the horse seems to melt over her hug. It even close its eyes again, as if they're not stranger for each other anymore.

 

'There might be a reason why Athena got scared. Hmm, I wonder what? But... Joohyun, I still can't believe you don't remember Athena.' In Yuri's thoughts, smiling from ear to ear, while watching the view in front of her. Seohyun got comfortable over the white horse as well, which is good. Especially that both of them has a history.

 

 

Flashback...

 

"Omma? Are we still in South Korea? We are like in another country already." 5 years old Joohyun, asked her mother after a long nap. She woke up, just to see trees and mountains outside. So unlike to Seoul.

 

Mrs. Seo smiled warmly at her daughter. She scooted closer and look outside the window as well. "Don't you like it? The air is so fresh."

 

"So where are we now?" ask Joohyun again in curiosity. 

 

Mr. Seo, who was at the passenger seat turned his head behind, to see his wife and daughter. "We're going to Aunt Kwon's Place, Joohyun. I've told you about this last night, didn't I?"

 

"Yes. But you did not tell me it'll be... outside Seoul?" Joohyun innocently creased her brows. She's so puzzled.

 

"Yep. You are so right. Aunt Kwon has her resort outside the city. The resort is in our province, Joohyun. We're going there to visit your Aunt and cousin Yuri." Mrs. Seo answered instead.

 

"Chincha? So I'

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter