Cheerleader: 21

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

21 | L.O.V.E.

 

***

 

Caught in the act -- Yoona soon slowly comes back to her senses as her muscles started to have it's own life. And as her mind also works back, she transformed like a super hero, as she swiftly pulled back and jumps to her bed, hiding under the blanket and rolls  around and around, trying to deny the fact that she was caught... caught so clear from Seohyun herself. Her body is on fire, literally.

 

Seohyun, she's still in the process of absorbing what just happened. Her body is still in freezing moment, as if she inside a freezer - ironically she felt her body heating up - cheeks are as red as a tomato. Not to mention, all that she can hear is the beat of her heart, reminding her that she's indeed still alive - although she's in the middle of a strange world.

 

Approximately 10 minutes later, Yoona stopped from rolling around. She slowly peek behind the blanket and check if Seohyun is awake. Much to her surprised, she's staring at her, causing for her to hide again. As if she's some ghost. "I'm sorry. I... I... that was... that was... a-accident." she tried to reason out but failed miserably. A sweet accident, probably. 

 

Seohyun turned to the other side so she's back facing Yoona, and cuddle with her stuff toys. Slowly but surely, she squeezes the two penguins stuff toy as a sweet big smile formed in her lips, feeling freaking giddy inside. If she can squeal out loud, she would definitely do. But she choose to do it inside her chest. Yoona sure wake her up completely, Because the kiss lasted long, which absolutely the first time for a first kiss. (She's not going to count the accident kiss.) Although that was like a stolen kiss, she liked it. She loved it. Yoona's lips felt sweet and soft, she just realized. Somehow, She wanted to ask Yoona why she kissed her, but something is stopping her do so. She feels like it wasn't right for her to ask. Yoona should explain herself, otherwise, she'll be disappointed. But either way, it's a cute reaction from Yoona after getting caught. It feels more giddy inside.

 

Oblivious, Yoona pulled the blanket again and check if Seohyun is still staring. A sigh of relief escaped her lips as she found the girl is now back facing her. 'She must be falling asleep again. Thankfully.' This gives her a chance to comfortably lie in her bed. She close her eyes and tried to sleep. But it didn't happen when she heard her roommate's voice.

 

"Can I set some rules too, Yoongie?"

 

Her very angelic voice that slowly cause her to open her eyes. She slowly turned and the girl is now facing her back. "What?"

 

"One kiss equals One pound as well." Seohyun giggle and added, "Unless, you'll tell me why did you do that? The rule will stop." 

 

"Go to sleep. You sounded still sleeping." Yoona exclaimed and cover herself again. 'Otoke.' 

 

"Good night." Smiling widely, Seohyun her back again and squeal inside her. She really just couldn't let her steal another one without any valid explanations. She will get used to it if she won't set some rules. Before she forget, she turned off the night lamps. Which had been when she fell asleep earlier. "Good night again, Yoongie." She added and close her eyes. But smile is still so wide. Can she able to sleep? She should. Otherwise, she'll wake up late again. Although tomorrow is Sunday, it's a rest day.

 

Yoona slowly pushed the blanket down again and check the younger girl's bed. She was dumbfounded. She heard it right, didn't she? 'Oh come on. This can't be real.' sighed her as she turned to face the ceiling again. 'She's teasing me back.' she put one hand over her forehead and close her eyes. Shrugging what she heard is the best she can do. Something is just not right for her though, she got coward out of a sudden.

 

"I can't wait to get more money from you, too." Seohyun said for the last time.

 

Yoona shakes her head involuntarily. 'Andwaeeeeee'

 

-

-

 

CRIIIIIINGGG~~~

 

Seohyun smiled in satisfaction after hearing the school bell rang. It was on time she finished answering her test questionnaire. Confident about all her answers, she gathers all her stuffs from her desk and grabs her messenger bag, before she got up, heading calmly towards their professor's table.

 

"Just on time, Miss Seo?" Her teacher smiled, taking her paper. "Have a good lunch."

 

Honestly, she's the only left in their classroom. All of her classmates left faster than her.

 

"And so are you Miss Adams." But being the last student doesn't scare her. The important is, she is sure with her answer. It's been 2 weeks that passed and yes, she's doing well in her studies as a Fine Arts student. Especially that someone had been inspiring her. Someone who had been so stubborn in explaining about the 'kiss'. If one can play the game, she can also. But despite that, Yoona had been taking care of her; which always been so admirable from the girl. Another reason to keep herself falling for the latter.

 

She bowed a little her head before casually leaving the room. Just as she was out, she was immediately greeted by students, walking from left to right, right to left. All of them are busy on their own. She on the other hand made her way to her locker. She put her other stuffs inside and finally headed to the cafeteria. Unlike in her country, students would somehow looked at her because she's known and famous, in this new University, all of them doesn't care about her. Unless all of them gets to know her identity. It would probably be a different scenario. And just like the other day, she enjoys her lunch with some of her close classmates; chatting random things all along until the bell will ring and they'll go back to their class rooms again for the second half of their class schedule they have to attend. And since she had been part of the football cheerleader club, she spent her last few hours in school inside their gym, practicing. 

 

It's just pretty normal for Seohyun, only the place is different which she's starting to adapt.

 

However, for someone in Chelsea, it seems her new college life isn't normal as what she expects.

 

"Again?" Yoona gasps when she saw letters and roses coming from freshmen students (mostly). She is apparently the new talk of the school after she just recently hit a goal on their last week's 3rd training session. As a result, students are admiring and sending confessions of love to her. Just like she can see in her locker. All of it has heart shapes. "Aigoo..." She picked up some of them and place them on her back pack. Since she loves reading messages their letters because it motivates her. She hasn't shared them to Seohyun, afraid the girl will actually dump her if she sees she has a lot of admirers. She keep them all under her mattress so the girl won't see it. The flowers, she places them in a paper bag and put it inside her backpack.

 

"Yoong!"

 

Xiao Xiao's voice immediately interrupted her thoughts as she looked up and smile to the girl. "You don't have any class anymore?"

 

"Nope. I told you yesterday, didn't I? So are we really going to do this?" Xiao Xiao grinned, knowing exactly where and what are doing going to do.

 

"It's now or never. Seeing her always in the dorm is insane. I couldn't even touch her." Yoona said, leading their walk outside the school building.

 

"What the heck you couldn't?" Xiao Xiao chuckled.

 

Yoona stopped and turned to the other girl. "If I will hold her or even just touch her, She will tease me right away about the kiss. As if I will kiss her if I ever do so. If only I know, it's a way for her to force me to just spill everything behind the kiss. Ugh." she groaned and continue walking again.

 

"You should have told her already." Xiao Xiao hit Yoona on the back as she catches up with her walk.

 

"I know right? I regretted why that night I got coward... so I'm not like this anymore, suffering from resisting her constant tease and showing some aegyo. Aigoo, As time and days passes, she got more pretty and adorable for my eyes actually. And the more I spent it with her, the more I am falling. And I realize, this is indeed love." Yoona softly and heartily says, smiling sweetly on her own.

 

Xiao Xiao sighed. "I hope someday, I can find a Seohyun too. Daniel's so snob. He doesn't text a lot. It always me texting him but he wouldn't reply most of the times. If we will chat, we will end up talking about history of United Kingdom."

 

"You guys seemed different for each other." Yoona's turn to laugh at the older girl. Daniel is friendly towards her but when it comes to Xiao Xiao, he will avoid her.

 

"Yeah, but that's making me like him more." Xiao Xiao flipped her hair and proud of her ideal kind of person to date.

 

Upon feeling her phone vibrated, "Wait." Yoona stopped again and that also made Xiao Xiao. Just when they're already outside the building. She fished her phone from the pocket of her jeans and check the message that came from their coach. "Of course I know. It's always noted in my mind." She mutters her upon reading the message, which is about their training again. But ever since her performance last week, their coach totally gives her less training. Probably because of her history recordsin Dongguk. Her position as the captain in her previous school doesn't lie though.

 

"Hmm? Who was it?"

 

"Coach Grant. He's sending group messages again about our training. Later, I'll proceed there after we buy the stuffs." Yoona grinned, emphasizing her last word.

 

"Hehe, whatever Yoong. You're just too full of yourself now that Seohyun's obviously having the same feelings with you." Xiao Xiao pushed Yoona away from her as she jogs towards the gate.

 

Yoona quickly followed, shouting Xiao Xiao's name that earned a lot of attention from students.

 

 

***

 

 

Seohyun is back again in her favorite place in the school, library, before she go straight to the gym. Although big and hard to find a book she needed, she liked being challenge and spend her time in the library. She thinks she had already seen every corner of the library since she's everyday coming. She's even one of the favorite readers by the library's staffs. Because she just didn't read and go, she gives them a chat and give them snacks. Something that she also do back in Seoul.

 

After getting the right book for her presentation, she took a seat just nearby and began reading. In the middle of it, she heard her phone beeps under her messenger bag. She causally took it out and checks who sent her a message.

 

My Yoongie: What time is your practice ends today?

 

Doesn't have any idea why her roommate is asking her, she just sent her a simple question; Why?. Yoona immediately responded to her text message.

 

My Yoongie: I just want to know. Is it going to be early at 5?

 

Her brows creased as she began to feel strange. She has never receive anything like this from Yoona. As if she doesn't know her schedule. Without thinking twice, she sent her a simple 'Yes' and 'Why?'

 

My Yoongie: What kind of answer is that? Why so limited? >.<

 

Seohyun giggles quietly in her chair. But she couldn't lie where she is.

 

to My Yoongie: You! I'm here in the library. You know smartphone devices are prohibited in this place.

 

After sending it, she looked around to check if there's one of the librarians that caught her. She sighed to see no one.

 

My Yoongie: Oh, you're in the library again? Awww, you're really studying well. I'm a proud Pengqueen. Kekeke Anw, if you're available around five already, can you proceed to my school? I'd like to talk with you with something... important.

 

"What's with the emphasis of the word?" Seohyun was amuse to see the last word has an underline. Suddenly, the idea came to her mind. She had a smirk. "Will she treat me finally to a restaurant?" It wasn't like she wanted Yoona to spend money for them, but last week, recently, the girl promised she'll treat her someday to one of the restaurants. Hastily, she sent her a response.

 

To My Yoongie: Important? Is this about treating me to the restaurant? Going on a dinner date? kekeke

 

Yoona's response came that instant.

 

My Yoongie: You wish ;p

 

"Ahem. Miss Seo. Do you wish to continue your stay in the library or We will confiscate your phone?"

 

Seohyun hastily put her phone back to her bag and smiled awkwardly to the staff. "I'll proceed with my readings now." As soon as the librarian left, a sigh of relief escape her lips as she returned to her book. 'Aish, I already know it's prohibited why am I doing it. Yoongie's fault, seriously.' She thought and doesn't bother to check her phone anymore if she receives any new messages.

 

-

 

Stretching her body from top to bottom, Seohyun smiled when one by one, her friends from the club is entering their practice private room clad in their respective University jogging pants and t-shirts. Rather than in the gym, their coach announces earlier that they're going to have their practice in a close place. Which is their second home as well in the school. She chatted with them for a while until their coach entered the room. All of them take their seats on the floor.

 

"Today is going to be extra special." Their coach started, while holding their attendance records.

 

Everyone including Seohyun are all wondering right away why it's 'extra special'.

 

"There are two reasons. One, instead of until five, we are going to extend for half and an hour. That means, the practice will include new routines."

 

The cheerleaders all groan in complain except for Seohyun who immediately thought of Yoona's message earlier. She thought she can't go to her school with the sudden announcement.

 

"Relax. The second reason is because... The coach and the captain of our football club will observe us. They're going to watch the dance and listen to our cheer. This is all because of the upcoming College Football Cup next month. Although it's friendly match first, we still have to win because CFC organization will be watching. But we can't win without our cheer. And we have to do well because we will be presenting our school to football fans, not just for the students of our school. Cheerleading Competition is also 3 months away. We have to come up with solid routines to win this year. Am I clear?"

 

"Yes, Miss Bringston!" Cheerleaders chorused in response.

 

"In addition, let's welcome the club's second head coach, Miss Clarkson." Their coach said and claps her hands, followed by the students as the mentioned woman entered their practice room.

 

Seohyun however couldn't clap her hands well, still thinking of her Yoongie. Disappointing her is always been such a hard thing to do.

 

 

***

 

 

Xiao Xiao is apparently sitting in the bleachers, speechless and agape... to Yoona's fans in the side, taking photos of her friend, warming up in the wide field, through jogging and dribbling the ball together with the other players. They're mostly freshmen and mostly girls. Her friend is a sophomore on the other hand.

 

"What did Yoona do to them and she seemed like a super star?" She wonders. "Tsk,tsk." She can only shake her head and couldn't hold the temptation also, as she opened her phone. But she's recording her friend's warm up other than taking photos only.

 

15 minutes later, she's dribbling the ball at pace through the cones keeping the ball close. She's doing it in order to improve her speed in dribbling with a ball in tight spaces. Xiao Xiao is always speechless with how skillful Yoona's foot are. She's already so pro in her eyes. For her, she should start as an official player for the team already. She did more drills for the next 30 minutes with the others, and within those minutes, her fans would shout her name from time to time. Xiao Xiao feels like they're watching a kpop idol or a Chinese idol. Or even a match.

 

"I can't believe your popularity just high rocketed that fast." 

 

Yoona smiled as she takes her seat next to Xiao Xiao after she made an excuse to take a break, accepting her bottle of water the girl handed. "It's because Jungyeon isn't here." She denied.

 

"Yoo Jung yeon?" Xiao Xiao raised her brows. 

 

"Didn't you know her already?"

 

"Yeah..." Turning her head to the other players, she realize that girl is indeed not around. "But why are you talking about her? I am talking about you as one hot player nowadays." She hit her arm to put some sense on her.

 

Yoona chuckled. "It's because she's not here, they're cheering for me. You know, some fans are actually her fans." as she recalled the first meeting of her and the girl she is talking about.

 

Flashback...

 

Yoona just walks in when she accidentally knocks someone down behind the door she didn't see when she opened the door in the locker room. Automatically, she crouch down besides the unknown girl in the floor.

 

"I am so sorry. Are you alright? Should I get you to the infamy or..." she felt terribly bad to knock someone down on her first time walking into the locker room.

 

The girl who was holding her knuckles and eyes are close tight shakes her head, declining the offer.

 

"Um but... you-you look hurt." Yoona attempted to touch the girl's wrist when she was yanks away, surprising her.

 

"I'm okay. I can take care of this!" The girl hissed angrily. "Just help me get up!"

 

"Y-Yeah. Sure." Hastily, Yoona held the girl's wrist gently and supported her up. She was about to help her wipe the dust off but she stepped back, avoiding her. She awkwardly just watch her wiping the little dust off of her back. "Um, I-I'm sorry. I didn't see you. I hope you forgive me." She tried to apologize again.

 

The unknown girl looked at her with her eye brows rising. "Have we met before?" She asks rather. 

 

"Huh? Oh, no-no. I'm new here." Yoona smiled a little. "It's my first day."

 

"I knew it. But why are you here?!"

 

"I'm one of the players. And you?" 

 

The girl checks Yoona from head to toe, then back to her with her brows still rising. "Are you sure you are one of the players? You don't look like one."

 

Yoona was offended. The girl sounds so rude and also racist? She grit her teeth and wanted to speak the same way when she thought that she would be worse if she will also fight with her. So she sighed and keep it inside. "I'm one of the scholars and if I'm not mistaken, we're called players too." but she sounded defensive on her last few words. "I'm Yoona by the way." yet, she couldn't waste this chance and introduce herself.

 

"Oh." The blonde girl crossed her arms and chin is up. "For your information as well, there are trainers and official players. Are you one of the official players or just a trainee?"

 

Awkwardly, Yoona retracted back her hand, looking away from the girl. She fisted her hands, couldn't talk back anymore.

 

"It's Yoo Jungyeon. Chelsea's forward. So your silence means you're a trainee, am I right?" Jungyeon continued her asault.

 

Yoona was about to answer when a group of students suddenly scream and crowded their locker room. They're shouting for Jungyeon's name, asking for signatures. She was surprised and got more reason to shut because the girl named Jungyeon is kindly signing their shirts and papers. Her horrible personality earlier died as she becomes sweet for them. She's smiling like a fool talking to them. While she's in the side, couldn't believe how the girl just change her attitude.

 

As soon as she left with them, Yoona walked out, watching their backs leaving. "Wow, she's fake... or did she just... Aigoo, I thought for a second, I did not knock her down."

 

End of Flashback..

 

"Do you recognized them well?"

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter