My Vampire Ex-GF: 05

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Their Story pt. 5

 

 

***

 

 

The basketball action ended with Yoona's team winning. Everyone in their seats are happy, leaving the gym. Seohyun who went there for Yoona, stayed and waited for the latter to return to the court. She texted her that she will go straight to the locker room and ask her to wait patiently. While waiting, she's tempted to touch the ball on the rack and play with it like what they did earlier. Yoona was sure the most skillful athlete earlier that she has all her eyes on her when she's on the floor. If she wasn't mistaken, she scored 30pts. for her team, which is the highest number on her team that helps their victory. It was totally impressive for her. But then again, she reminds herself that she's a nephillim and can do all things a human can do. And it's not surprising how good she is.

 

Since no one is around not even the janitor who will clean the court, it's hard not to get tempt. So she got up from her seat and make way to the ball, picked it up and dribble it. Her lips curved into a big smile as she recalls how good the deer was dribbling it. Then she throws it to the rim, only to miss it. It didn't hit reach the rim.

 

Going back to the rack, she picked up another ball and dribble it while walking to the three-point line. She stopped when she's two steps away from it and jump as high as she could to throw the second ball. This time it reaches the rim but it didn't go in. "Aish." She got frustrated and return to pick another ball. She didn't mind dribbling it as she just throw it from the rack. The ball finally went in. "Oh Yeah!" She unconsciously celebrated.

 

Got her confidence finally, she took another ball and throw it like the way she did earlier and another ball went in which makes her celebrate once again. It was almost like she's going to be one of the players that she keeps throwing the remaining balls until there's nothing left.

 

Yoona entered the court back with her jaw dropping. "Did you just... "

 

"Did you see it?" Seohyun has the brightest smile as she meets the older girl half-way. "I shoot all the ball to the ring. I thought I wouldn't able to. But I honestly did and I think that was 30 balls. So that means... I have 90 points!" she started jumping up and down, like a child.

 

Yoona is watching in amusement. "Yeah you did. You passed my score, earlier." And she chuckles. Seohyun suddenly throw her arms around her neck and once again jump up and down. She got influence and she joined her like they're kids. They soon stopped and looked at each other like a fool. "But you know what? I have another reason for you to celebrate." She breathlessly told her.

 

"Chincha? What is it?" Seohyun got more than excited.

 

"Close your eyes first." Yoona instructed, wanted to surprise her.

 

"Why would I?"

 

"Just close your eyes or I won't tell you or reveal this to you." She took her two hands and covered it on her eyes. "Don't peek, Seohyun-ah."

 

'Just tell me.' Seohyun impatiently replied.

 

Yoona giggles upon hearing the vampire's thoughts. She then took the envelope she received earlier from the music club and hold it in front of her. "Now open them."

 

Slowly but surely, the young vampire's hands are leaving her eyes. She slowly blinks and blinks as she confusedly looked at the envelope then to the doe-eyed. "What's there to celebrate?" She raises her eyebrows.

 

Yoona mentally face-palmed knowing the younger girl is still new to their school. She took hands and place the envelope on her hands. "Open it." she softly instructed.

 

Without having a clue, Seohyun opened the envelope and a card has a text that tells her she got in for a callback. "Wait... what does this mean?" However, she's still confused.

 

"This means you are now part of the music club but you still have to show them what you got. I know you will-"

 

"I-I got in... and... what if they will not like me?" Seohyun couldn't celebrate rather than what the deer expected. She's anxious how will the humans react to her piano skills. She has her parents, the palace's servants and Yoona as her audience only. She is worried as well, since she hasn't shown it to others except them.

 

"Why not? I mean you've got the skills, Seohyun. Trust me, they will like you. And no worries I will be there when you show them your piano skills. I won't miss it tomorrow, I promise." Yoona reassuringly smiled. Even though she has practice tomorrow as well, skipping it to witness her callback will be worth it, she's confident with her.

 

Seohyun's lips finally smiled again. "Thank you, Yoona." And she softly thanked her.

 

"Don't mention it. People deserves to see your talent." Yoona cheered on her. "Fighting!" And did a pump-fist.

 

Seohyun giggles and copied the young nephillim. "But what are we going to do with the balls?" Her attention however shifted to the balls around them.

 

"Let's pick them up and put them back to the rack of course." Yoona chuckled and she began to clean the court.

 

"You were mazing earlier." Seohyun said unconsciously while picking up the balls. "That was my first time seeing you play there. I thought it was someone else."

 

"Thank you." Yoona said as she briefly smiled at her. 'That was because you were watching.' She said at the back of her head. But her thoughts were suddenly distracted when she heard dribbles from Seohyun. "Heol." She was speechless when she once again shoots the ball successfully.

 

"I think I should be a basketball player too." Seohyun playfully said as she once again threw another ball.

 

Yoona who doesn't have a choice but catch the ball that falls and pass it straight to the young vampire. "Coach So will definitely love to see you in the team." She chuckled as she passes another ball in the process. She's like giving the latter a full shooting practice and it's giving her joy. Especially that it's making the young daughter of the president a full excitement and enjoyment. Her heart is just full, just by watching her.

 

 

***

 

 

While Seohyun is busy doing her homework on her room, Yoona is busy cooking her own dinner. She hasn't made her a vegetable smoothie that's why she took her chance and do her homework.

 

After some time, she prepared the dinner the dinner table and was about to call her when she heard her phone rings on top of the counter. Her eyes lit up when she realizes her mother is video calling her. "Omma." Which she instantly answered and greeted her with an enthusiastic smile. "How are you?" It's been a while since the last time she visited or heard her mom.

 

[I'm fine. I think I should ask you that. How are you living with Ms. Seo?]

 

"It's fine. I thought it will be that hard to deal with her but she got comfortable that easy. We're like friends that has known each other for years now." She jokes and her mother giggles.

 

[Good to know that. You cooked for your dinner?]

 

"Yes and I made her vegetable smoothie. Her favorite." Yoona proudly showed to her mother the glass of smoothie.

 

[You're doing a good job, Yoona. Keep it up. I'm sure your father will be proud of you too.]

 

"Where's Appa, by the way?" Yoona realize her mom is alone at home.

 

[She's with the Shadowhunters, having a meeting with the committee. He'll be back later.]

 

"Okay." The young nephillim nodded in understanding. "I miss you, Omma." And she smiled faintly.

 

[I miss you too, honey. Maybe we'll see you again your school's founding anniversary.]

 

"When was that?"

 

[Next month. So, see you soon my lovely daughter.]

 

"You too, Omma." Yoona give her mother a flying kiss before the video call ended. She put her phone back down to the table and runs upstairs when she thought of the young vampire. But before she can knock on her door, she heard her talking on her phone as well. She pressed her ear against the door to eavesdrop just to realize she's talking apparently with her father.

 

[You're okay with that?]

 

"I am but... I'm... I'm anxious. This is the first time I will do this. Didn't even did this back in the states. Aigoo, Yoona, she really signed me up there but I couldn't decline. Oh yeah, I got interested when she mentioned about clubs. Aigoo, silly me." Seohyun gently knock her own head.

 

[Listen, just do whatever you want to do. You know Appa doesn't forbid you if that's not against the human's world... and I will be proud rather. I mean, you're finally coming out from your comfort zone which you should have done since then. I think being with Yoona is helping you, wasn't it? It's just for couple of days only.]

 

"Yoona, she's helping and taking care of me well, Appa. You have chosen the right person to do this." Seohyun smiled. Indeed, ever since she lived with the deer, she has grown to like her. "I think being with a nephillim was a good decision."

 

[It was her father's idea to be honest. She wanted to help me about you living in a human's world without any problems. I thank him for this.]

 

"This must only be the reason."

 

[Hmm?]

 

"I met Taeyeon Unnie earlier. She told me there was a reason Yoona is looking after me." Seohyun can't help and mention the friendly witch. "And I'm sad to learn it was only because of a contract she has to leave."

 

[So she already revealed it to you.]

 

"Yes, and I understand." She sighs. "Hopefully we'll meet again."

 

[For sure. Since you already saw her, she will meet you more. I'm happy there's an downloader that's good to be your friend.]

 

"Me too. And I miss you, Appa."

 

[Aigoo, same here. But once you finish high school, we will spend more time again. That will not be that long.]

 

"Of course." Seohyun chuckles. "Um, I think I need to hang up now. Yoona must be waiting for me to go downstairs. I love you, Appa."

 

[I love you too honey, see you soon.]

 

With that said, the call ended. She put her phone down on her desk and wear her slippers and grab her wolf stuff toy before leaves her room. She got surprised when she saw Yoona is sitting to the end of the stairs. "What are you doing there?" While she's making her way down.

 

Yoona looked up and quickly stood up to smile awkwardly. "He-Hey." She greeted. She actually got trip when she was trying to go back downstairs that she skipped a couple of steps and fell. She almost cried out of pain but it disappeared that instant. "Are you hungry now? Dinner is set."

 

"Yes." Seohyun smiled back and she went ahead of the deer when the latter give her a way to their dinner table. She pulled her own chair and took a seat, which the doe-eyed does the same across her.

 

"I would like to celebrate us with some different with you being on the music club but since I know you wouldn't like that, I just stick with this spicy chicken, tofu soup, and some pasta. "Oh, your smoothie is extra special as well." She couldn't miss to mention it.

 

"Why?" Seohyun ask but she sips on her smoothie in the process and tried to observe the taste

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter