My Fab Boss: 19

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

19 | A Confession

 

It was cold -- yet it was warm. It's warm in Athena's body. Seohyun had never been like this in her 20 years of existence. She's so numb already. However, in Athena's warmth, she's undeniably melting. And she wanted to stay like that, as long as she can.

 

"No one loves me, Athena. No one. Everyone in this world just wants my money. Just want my freaking money." mumbles her softly, as she keeps her tears dropping her tears. At least with Athena, she can feel the love. "No one, except you. Thank You." Lying in the ground while using the horse' stomach as a pillow, she finds place in her. Her entire body is wet, but Athena is keeping her warm. The horse is just listening to all her sentiments. Telling her that she's not alone.

 

Seohyun feels it. She's not longer scared with her, unlike in their encounter back in the stable. No wonder Athena was scared with her earlier. She must have felt something different was on her. She was really thankful, for making her memories back. Or was it coincidence? But Athena really loves the river too. As far as she can remember, she always loves to spend her time on the river, with Yuri and Athena. That's every time she visits the resort. For almost 6 years, she spent her free time in the resort -- that's because of Athena. She had promised to take care and love. All of it, she remembers them now, as crystal and clear.

 

"I'm sorry. I just remember you, Athena. But promise, I won't ever forget about you. I won't ever hurt you anymore. I will protect you." She felt so bad for her for forgetting her past. Screw that stone, that leads her memory block. That leads her to a coma. According to her mother, it took 5 months and 2 weeks before she gained her consciousness after the accident. And from that on, she's been living the present.

 

A couple of minutes pass, her eyes started to get heavy. She let out such a huge yawn, as she scooted more to Athena's body. The latter isn't minding at all. Before she knows it, her eyes slowly close. She curled up, And then, she falls into asleep like a ball. As if getting back her memories from her childhood, she took the chance and dream about them. Her lips just curled into a genuine smile.

 

Athena had sense Seohyun had fallen asleep, she put her head near the girl's knees and closes her eyes. Catching up to her mother's dream.

 

 

-

 

 

It took about an hour, but Yuri was glad she didn't forget to visit that river they usually hang out, back when they're still so little. She gets off from the horse and approached the two, who were apparently lying on the ground, near the river. She smiled, amused by the fact that Seohyun is sleeping with Athena. Though she has no memories from her childhood yet.

 

Athena's senses are really good. Then, as she opened her eyes slowly and caught the sight of another friend. Or rather, her Yuri Appa. The latter smiled at her and patted her head.

 

"Good job, Athena. Thanks for taking care of her." Yuri then moves closer to where Seohyun is sleeping. She lowered herself and was careful from lifting her up through a bridal style. Athena slowly stands up as well.

 

"Follow me, guys." Yuri informed, telling it to the two horses. Her brown horse, Casper and Seohyun's, Athena. Both are so well trained and follow her instantly. As they started walking out the forest.

 

Seohyun is so deep in her slumber, which is good. Otherwise, she's going to deal her again. She loses, for sure, she would ask about who won the race.

 

 

 

 

[Resort]

 

 

 

Jessica glances over her wrist watch. This is for the 3rd time around, while she waits for Yoona and Nicole. She's not into being patient but her excitement to spend the rest of the day with Yoona especially is keeping her really patient. They won, so it's a prize for them to at least have Yoona with them. Though she's with her boss because of her job.

 

For the fourth time around, she glanced at her watch, hoping that Yoona and Nicole won't be late. There are still 30 minutes anyway, before they'll go out and tour the entire resort.

 

Sighing, She took a sip of her juice and almost spit on it when she caught someone so familiar outside the restaurant. It's Yuri, currently carrying Seohyun in a bridal style.

 

"What happened?" She gasped, as she also realized, Seohyun seemed unconscious. And there were Doctors of the resort that was following behind the tan girl. She's taking Seohyun to the infamy of the resort, obviously. "Aigoo... " she sighed, disappointed with what happened to the girl. In her theory, she must have force the horse and she hurt it.

 

"Tsk, tsk. Not my problem." She shrugs and returned her attention to her cake. She made some few glances over her watch from time to time, until Yoona and Nicole finally arrived. She's the happiest when she caught the sight of a bright doe-eyed. Unlike when she drags her with her. She almost feels like Yoona doesn't want to be with them.

 

"Looking still gorgeous, Jess."Nicole praised her instantly.

 

"Yeah, Did you finished a lot of cake?" Yoona agreed, but with a joke.

 

"Yah! This is only my 2nd cake Yoona." Jessica says defensively. She got up, hitting Yoona on the shoulders. The girl simply giggles.

 

"Shall we?" asks Nicole, excitedly.

 

"I was about to say." Jessica snickers, as she pushes Yoona in the process. Both Nicole and Yoona chuckles, as they also complied with Jessica. All three of them peacefully left the restaurant and quickly moves to the resort's cart. Since Nicole won the prize, the treat was on her. And one of the places the resort have promised, touring around the place. That includes their famous flower garden, the river in the forest, lake, of course, the feeding of the horse and more things that was attracting their guests.

 

"You. Yoona... why so bright out of a sudden?" asked Jessica, couldn't help it and smile from ear to ear. She and Yoona are next to each other, whilst Nicole is behind them.

 

Yoona tilted her head to Jessica, smiling as she answers, "I'm just happy."

 

"Because you are with us?"

 

"Definitely." Yoona answers instantly. She's not just happy because she's with them though. She's also happy Seohyun is now okay. And apparently with her cousin. So there's no reason for her to be sad, frown or even get worry over the girl. She'll make sure she's going to enjoy Nicole's invitation.

 

"I'm glad Yoong." Jessica casually wraps her arm around Yoona's. Showing how happy she is too to be with her.

 

"Oh, I've heard we're going first to their Flower Garden? I can't wait to pick some." Yoona can't help it and get excited. Jessica slightly blushed at her words, as she imagined herself, receiving flowers from the latter.

 

"Yah! You have to also remember. We're visiting their river. No, it's not about the river as well. Their staffs are there already, waiting for us to arrive. Coz we're going to have some barbecue time. And yes, Swimming!" Nicole exclaimed, putting her hands in the air. She just couldn't wait any longer.

 

"Omo. Chincha?"

 

"You sounded like you didn't hear what the Resort's Manager have said, Yoong." Jessica chuckles, amusingly.

 

"No. Serious. I didn't heard it. I just thought, we're going to their flower garden, and then feed some of their horses."

 

"This isn't just a ranch resort, Yoong. They have more things to offer."

 

"Wow. So I bet, we're really going to have so much fun?" Yoona exaggeratedly replied. As if she doesn't know at all.

 

Jessica and Nicole exchange gazes before they knock the girl's head. Yoona giggles and also knock both of her friend's heads. They end up laughing so hard with their antics.

 

15 minutes later, their cart finally stops in front of the entrance of the garden the resort is offering for guests as well to visit. They did not just waste their time, they started taking pictures along with every kinds of flowers around the place. It wasn't them only, some foreigner guests are also enjoying it. Taking pictures here and there, laughing with random jokes... all three of them enjoyed the place. Most especially for Jessica, who had been clinging to Yoona for the entire time. Though the latter would let go sometimes, she always find herself clinging to her again. Yoona is really enjoying it, with them. Nicole's win to the race is seriously a help to make them this closer. 

 

"Wait there." Yoona who suddenly noticed her favorite flower, quickly rushes to it.

 

"Yah! Yoong! We're leaving in a while." Jessica shouted, amused at Yoona's childlike nature.

 

"She's going to give you some flowers." Nicole nudged on her, as if teasing her. She blushed and also nudged her.

 

When the doe-eyed got back, she's already carrying a crown that she made from those white daisy. She did not give Jessica a moment to react anymore, as she put it on the girl's head, giving her a thumbs up immediately. "Jjang. You look so pretty Jess." She says, truthfully. A bit shy at the end when she realized her words.

 

"T-Thanks, Yoong." Jessica couldn't help it and tuck her hair behind her ears. Blushing profusely in the process.

 

"No, Thanks. Thanks for bringing me with you guys."

 

"Is that for me, Yoong?" Nicole suddenly got excited when she realized the other crown hanging in Yoona's right arm.

 

"Um, It's-It's... it's for Seohyun-ssi. I... wanted to give it to her. You know, to cheer her up. She loses, didn't she?" Yoona bit her bottom lip, as she hesitantly informed Nicole. The girl's lips closes as soon as she tell her the truth. She looked like, she didn't like it. "S-Sorry." She stammered, in addition.

 

"It's OKay. Of course, you would cheer her up. Well, Shall we proceed to the next location?" Nicole snorts at the end of her words, as she walked away.

 

"Yoong, she's okay. Don't worry about her. She's just a bit upset. She almost thought the crown is for her." Jessica chuckles. She find it cute rather, that Nicole also wanted one crown. "Thanks for this. You're really so sweet." She eventually cling into Yoona's arm again and sweetly smiled. The doe-eyed girl smiled back, and gently drag the other girl with her. As they both left the garden. Catching up on Nicole right away.

 

 

 

 

[Seohyun-Yoona's Room]

 

 

A few more blinks here and there, Seohyun opened her eyes and groan when she felt a pain on her back. But she has a widening of eyes when she realized the place -- her room she shared with Yoona. Getting up, she looked around but didn't get to see any hint of someone in the same room. But she realized, her right arm has a bandage, wrapping around it. What happened?

 

"Ahh... the river. Athena throws me to the river." She mutters, as she felt safe and okay now. With a sigh of relief, she lied back, while staring blankly to the ceiling. Heck, her mind crosses to what happened to her in the river and the race. Yes, the race.

 

"I lose." realized her. Her lips pursed cutely, whilst heart tightens. She loses the battle over the Yoonggator. "But who... who brought me here?" She got curious, realizing that her last memory was about the river and the lose. She has no more memory other than that. She falls asleep probably. And someone -- Yoona saw her? Or what? A lot of questions are floating her head at the moment. Especially that the person must have took care of her. She can feel something on her back as well. It's for her back pains obviously.

 

Flipping over on her chest, She let out another low groan. "You're such a loser, Seo Joohyun. You're such a loser... Aigoo... " despite her heavy heart, she's a bit happy somehow. "... Good thing and Athena is with me. Thanks Athena. I thought no one loves me. You're my hero, baby." She closes her eyes, and wanted to have a nap again. But much to her dismay, her stomach suddenly growls. She's hungry~

 

Getting up, a bit weak, she let out such a huge yawn. She put her feet on the floor and put her hands up in the air, so she can stretch it. Then, she got up and bend over her left and right. "For sure, she's with Jessica. Having a romantic dinner." She noticed, outside, it's already dark. Which means, she had miss half of today. Blame her good in sleeping. Well, she just doesn't like to leave her dream. She can still remember her dream. It was all about her childhood. Yuri and her are indeed so close, just like Auntie told her.

 

Standing up straight with her chest up, She walks her way outside -- to the balcony. However, just when she was out, she immediately hug her arms when a cold wind greets her. It didn't help her stay outside. She walks back to the room and yawn once again. That very moment, she heard the door bell rings. She casually went up to the door and check to the monitor first if the person is someone she can trust to. It made her smile, as she confirm it's Yuri only. Without a doubt, she opens it for the girl and greeted her with a question;

 

"Who took me here?"

 

Yuri was about to say something. Yet, she ends up shutting and instead, answer her question. 

 

"Me. Who else?" With her rolling of eyes.

 

"Chincha?"

 

"Um, if you are expecting for Yoona to find you? Nope. Don't. Yoona seems to have so much fun with Jessica and Nicole, that she couldn't leave them." Yuri added.

 

With her rolling of eyes as well, "No. I am not expecting of her. She doesn't care for me anymore." Seohyun denies it. She made a way for the tan girl casually.

 

"Oh? Yoona-ssi actually wanted to find you too. But I don't know what happened and she did not follow me. Well, good thing I know that particular place. Athena likes that, don't you know?" said Yuri, as she walks in with a tray of food in her hands. Seohyun eventually followed her inside.

 

"I know." says The younger girl, as she casually crosses her arms near her chest. Yuri placed the tray on top of the table and turned to her with raising eyebrows. She smiled amusingly. "Of course, I would always know that place, Yuri. That's our secret place, don't we?"

 

"Omo." Yuri gasped. The hair in her arms literally stands. Having goose bumps~

 

"Yup." Seohyun pulled the chair and sat down. She looked up to Yuri's stunned face and added, "I know now. Everything in my childhood. It's crystal and clear, Yuri."

 

"No, Way!" The tan girl took the seat across her cousin. "Everything on it? Including our memories here in the resort?"

 

Seohyun chuckled. "Not only that. Our every jokes every time we go to school together. All of it, I remember them all. Oh, including also Athena, of course. Our team is always the best in our childhood. Was it?"

 

"Wow. What happened? Why all of a sudden you're saying this to me?"

 

"Let's just say, Athena helps me." Seohyun smuggly replied. "If she did not stop and I was not thrown to the river, all of the memories won't comes back to me. Honestly, It was unfortunate that I lost this. Because, everything was so good to be forgotten. But I know the reasons now... which is why I am not surprised anymore."

 

"Why?" Yuri curiously asked. She has no idea what happened to her cousin, ever since that event in the resort. All that she knows, Seohyun comes back home before the event ended.

 

"You don't know?"

 

"Yes. I have no idea at all. The last time I know, I saved you from your father, hiting on you. And you run. I didn't get to chase you because my mother had brought me to another friend of hers. Then, I just know it from father, you went home earlier."

 

Seohyun got a little speechless. As she can remember, Yuri's father was there, to save her. "You don't know that Uncle saves me from my almost drown? He and Uncle Leeteuk was there."

 

"Omo. Chincha?" Yuri frowned.

 

"So you don't know I had a coma for five months? That was when my head hit a stone under the water."

 

"Oh, I don't have -- Wait... I know you were brought to the states. That's what I am aware only. But I have no idea what happened to you." Yuri said truthfully. She felt so bad for her cousin.

 

Seohyun sighed. "No wonder. I bet, my father -- No... my parents and Uncle Leeteuk and Uncle Kangin... They decided to keep it from you."

 

"Why?"

 

"I don't know." Seohyun shrugs her shoulders. "But I also remember, my father... He attempted to kill me." she didn't even hesitated to share it.

 

Yuri didn't get the words well and asked, "Come again?" Or rather, she didn't want to believe it.

 

"You heard me, Yuri. That bast*rd. He wanted me dead because of the money in my name. But I was wondering why isn't he doing it now? I wonder what have change his mind? But I have a theory, my grandparents knew his motive and he must have a share now to their last will testament so he will not kill me anymore. I just... only knew my share, and it's bigger than his. Aigoo, just because I am the only heir, he wanted me dead. Such a killer and greedy father. Tsk,tsk. Well, I've never felt his love ever since I live in my present. He's been such a bad**." Seohyun hit the table afterwards, out of anger.

 

Speechless, Yuri could only open the plate for Seohyun and handed the spoon to her. "Eat some porridge. It will cool you off." She doesn't know how to react, precisely. She just heard it from the girl. And yes, she agreed to the girl's words. How could her Uncle do it to her? That's really ridiculous. She thought all fathers in the world are good. Except her father. She sighed, audibly.

 

"Porridge?"

 

"Chicken Porridge. I cooked this." Yuri says with a bright smile.

 

"You like chicken porridge?" Seohyun couldn't help it and exclaim. She was reminded by that 'Yoonggator'.

 

"Yup." The tan girl snickers. "It's my favorite food. This will gain you some strength."

 

Seohyun literally widened her eyes. Even Yuri's words, they're so the same. "Did Yoonggator told you about the porridge?"

 

"What? Yoonggator?"

 

"Yoona-ssi!" Seohyun shouted, irritably.

 

"Oh. Hahaha! Of course not. I haven't even seen her. But she knows now you're okay. Hahaha!" Yuri just couldn't stop herself from laughing. It was really amusing for her, that Seohyun is calling her assistant as Yoonggator.

 

Seohyun grimaced the wa her cousin laughs at her. She ignores it and looked down to the porridge instead.

 

"Yah! Don't just stare at that. You eat that." Yuri firmly stated. She stops from laughing and opens the other plate. "And this one is for me. Hehe." she giggles afterwards.

 

"Pasta... That's my favorite cousin." Seohyun pouted sadly.

 

"You like some?"

 

Seohyun nodded enthusiastically. But Yuri simply stuck her tongue out and started eating. She literally kick her on the knees under the table. Causing for the girl to kick her back. And she groan dramatically. Yuri victoriously continue her meal, whilst Seohyun can't even touch her share. It would only make her remember the doe-eyed the more she looks at it though. So she decided to just eat the porridge. It's not bad at all. It would give her extra strength anyway.

 

The table is quiet for a while. Not until -

 

"By the way, what's your plan?" Yuri suddenly broke her silence after a couple of minutes in silence.

 

"What plan?" Seohyun returned the questioned.

 

"Ugh, about this. You just unlock your memories from your childhood. And to think, it's a bad memory."

 

"About my father?" Seohyun casually replied.

 

"Hmm, quiet. For me, I'd like to know the truth behind it. I don't think it's good to assume just because you are the only heir."

 

Seohyun had a moment of silence before she let out a tired sigh and opens to speak up. "I don't know yet. But all I am planning as of the moment is to raise the sales of Seoul Headquarters. I want to show to my father that I am not a bad heir. Instead, I'm the best choice. That my grandparents did not waste their decisions on me.... and.. I can do better than him. I'd like to see his speechless face once He'll realized I am the reason of all these. If he changed his mind from killing me, then I am going to prove to him that I'm worth for his decision. I'd like to see it. In the future." she ends it with a determined look to Yuri. The latter is once again speechless. She shrugs and take the advantage of stealing Yuri's pasta. 

 

Yuri just couldn't complain. Watching the girl all hyper again is good to her eyes. At least, she did not mind her lose. But speaking of being lose, Seohyun definitely still has something about it.

 

"Cousin, since I lose the race and I gain my memories back. Can you do me a favor?" Seohyun grinned,

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter