Cheerleader: 28

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

28 | Fireworks

 

***

 

Seohyun woke up the next morning, groaning and complaining for the sudden bright sun rays that made its way to her face. She was greeted by it the moment she woke up. 

 

Hastily, she pulled her blanket and covered herself, not planning to get up. Her laziness had strikes again.

 

"Are we going to do the same routine, your highness?" Director Shin approached the bed, while crossing his arms and with judging eyes towards the body beneath the blanket.

 

"Can I sleep for more hours, Director? It's Saturday! I have no class!" came Seohyun's reply that sounds like a whine.

 

Sighing, Director Shin tried to pulled the blanket off of the young princess, but the latter will pull it back again, covering her body. He tried for the second time, the girl stubbornly covered herself for the second time. He did for the third time, Seohyun grabs the pillows and covered herself before she also pulled the blanket.

 

"Aish! Get up there! Breakfast are ready!" Director Shin frustratingly yelled.

 

Involuntarily, Seohyun pulled the blanket and put away the pillow covering her head at the back. She slowly lied into her back and shows a sad pout. "Can I change the rule sometimes, Director?"

 

"You know the rule can't be change, princess. So get up there, wash up at least and follow me outside. Yes, you're having breakfast outside with your sister." Director Shin pulled Seohyun up, and almost loses his balance when the latter throws her arms around him. She's hugging him tightly. "Ugh, I have no time for any cheesiness, your highness."

 

"I haven't held you like this ever since I came back, right?" Seohyun whispers. She unconsciously smiled, missing the warmth from the older. She close her eyes and feel more of it, as she tightens the hug.

 

Sighing in defeat, Director Shin can only hold the young princess back. He hesitantly pat her back, knowing exactly the latter had been going through. He doesn't know the full details yet, but he sensed she's having some problem with Yoona as well, besides the family problem. What he witnessed last night was alarming, and he has to talk about it soon with her. For now, comforting her is the least he can do. Soon, he can feel her relaxing to his touches. She's not tightening her hug anymore.

 

-

 

Seohyun almost choke in her pancake when she heard the amount of festivals she's going to attend later for Autumn Mid Festivals. That includes the food festival and film international festival. Although it's not new, thinking over her hectic schedule later in the holiday is giving her pressure and tired (?) so early.

 

"What about my father?" She asked.

 

"He's also going. Aren't you guys doing this every year?" Director Shin squint his eyes. The look in the princess' face is no longer bright. Not the usual expressions he used to see if he brought something about festivals. She's always on the go if he talk about it. But today is different. "You're not going to come? Or..."

 

"No... I mean... I just felt... lazy? Thinking of my full pack schedule. It's like, everyday for the whole week, I'm going out." Seohyun sighed, grabbing her fork and stab into her pancake.

 

"Yah! Unnie! Aren't you excited? You can finally relax after school later." Yeri butted while munching in her food.

 

Seohyun looked at her sister with a sad pout. For some unknown reason, she can't agree with Yeri's words. She felt more than tardiness than to be excited.

 

"Aigoo, you can't conclude it right away. There are still few months to change your mood and idea about the festival. So just so you know, the festivals this year will be lit." Director Shin flashed a bright smile. Seohyun is sure just not feeling it yet because of her problems. He assumes, the latter will be more than excited than the rest of the palace's people. He nudged her and she smiled back before she returned to her meal.

 

"When is Appa coming back, anyway?" Yeri asked, as she felt missing the absence of the king in their table.

 

"Monday. He's coming back." Director Shin simply replied.

 

Seohyun felt a little pang in her heart as she thought of her father - who knew about her mother, cheating. It must be hard for him when he knew about it. And it's sad to know the person she still can't get over is the daughter. How complicated.

 

"Cool. But that's school days, Director. Who will pick him up?"

 

"I will. I can't let anyone of you skip even for one class." Director Shin reassured. He glances at the young princess and the girl only smiled and cutely open to eat. He knocks her head, only to receive a stuck of her tongue. "Aish, so adorable."

 

-

 

Totally lazy to even go out and enjoy the day like her sister is now doing outside, Seohyun lied back in her bed and started tossing her body from left to right, right to left. Until she heard her phone beeps, she stopped with a messy hair and untidy bed. Grabbing the device from the night stand, she lazily sat up and check if it's Xiao Xiao again. Much to her dismay, it's Daniel.

 

Daniel: How have you been, her majesty? I hope you are always doing fine. Don't stress too much with what you've learned.

If you want, you can talk to me about this, and I'll do everything to advise you. Call me anytime, araso?

Take care always~

 

She simply tossed her phone on the side and once again lied on her back. Her eyes are on the ceiling, as her mind recalls what she learned last night and so as Yoona's unconscious words that drives her insane. It was a horrible night for her, because she sleeps tearing up for the nth time. Although right now her chest is not that heavy anymore, she still couldn't pull herself up and pretend she's not in the middle of mending her broken heart. Her double pain, precisely.

 

Then she thought of Daniel's offer, she was tempted to share it to him. A couple of minutes later, she sat up and took her phone, calling the kind bodyguard.

 

There are only seconds that passes and Daniel answered her call.

 

"Can I ask you about something?" She hastily greeted him with a question. Or a permission.

 

[Sure. Go ahead.]

 

Sighing heavily, She leaned her head against the headboard and continued, "I don't know what to do... Half of me wanted to tell Appa about what I learned but half of me also doesn't want. Because I'm afraid it will lead to my current situation. And I will hurt Appa."

 

[You mean you and Yoona?]

 

"Yes. I have to admit, It will be hard for me to forget Yoona... When I know she's still out there... in love with me. Looking forward to continue our relationship... Last night, it was an evidence... She called and tell her feelings. I am so confused now. Daniel... Can you tell me what's the best thing to do? Because... It's driving me insane."

 

[Hmm, your mind and heart are not in sync, No?]

 

"Yes." Seohyun groaned. She slowly slides herself to lie down. "I am actually missing her. I feel like without her, I couldn't do on my own. You know, she's like my cheerleader as well. I can do better if she's in my side... Aigoo... I don't know anymore. I'm regretting or what? Aish. It's so confusing."

 

[Hyun... You do know the consequences from the start. But you still bravely left. Think of the reason when you left. You have to focus on that. Think not just for yourself but also for the people around you. To be honest, I don't like your decision at first... However, as I thought of the people that will be hurting, your decision is good. This is only at first, sooner or later... You'll start to forget her. You know, think of what you really want to do in the future. Think of the happy thoughts. Go out and distract yourself. Don't lock yourself just because of this one decision you made. You're a cheerleader, right? All I know is that... A cheerleader knows how to cheer herself up as well. It's not always about the others, you know. So go out and enjoy the day. Go out and live to the fullest. Go out because the day is bright and will always be shining through to you.]

 

Seohyun's lips unconsciously curved into a smile. Although not that bright, but she now know what to actually do. She's being just too emo since she heard Yoona's voice last night. Hearing Daniel's words somehow enlightened her. Right, she has decided it already. And she will be standing on it. "Thank you, Daniel. I really appreciated it."

 

[No problem. Just call me whenever you want. Araso?]

 

"Yes. Thank you again. Send my regards to Xiao Xiao."

 

[She had been sending you photos, No need for me to tell her. I'll see you soon.]

 

"Yes." And with that, Seohyun ended the call herself. She suddenly put on a fist in the air and, "You can do it Joohyun, fighting." She cheered on herself. Kicking herself out of the bed, she hastily headed to the bathroom and wash her face. She fixed her hair and went out, standing in front of the mirror to tie up her hair. She had a satisfied smile in her face after she's done tying her hair. And with that, she grabs her sweater and left her room. But she suddenly went back, just to kiss queen's forehead before she completely left.

 

However, instead of going outside far from the palace, she finds herself walking in the side walk, just outside the palace. The guards who saw her walking out was a little worried but she reassured them that she's just going to have a walk to enjoy the weather. 

 

Autumn is coming, so the temperature is slowly dropping. But despite that, the sun is brightly shining. It's not that bad at all. To think, it's still morning. A good way thing to walk, and have exercise.

 

Moments later, she decided to visit the park, nearby. Which is part of her childhood.

 

As expected, she is seeing more kids than adults. Since the park is for kids' playground. Most adults who recognized her bowed their heads for a respect, which she returned almost instantly.

 

Yet, despite the distractions she can get from those happy kids, her attention was caught when she saw a little girl is sitting under the tree, in a bench nearby, holding a drawing book and a pencil. Her eyes brows as she looked at the kid closely, she seems to be in full focus, sketching the view before her - which has five kids, building a sand castle.

 

Unconsciously, her lips formed into a sweet smile. Her love for art have suddenly kicks in as she approaches her and sits next to the girl without a word. The little girl turned to her, surprised. She hastily get up and bowed in front of her.

 

"Omo. No need to do that. You can take your seat now." She gestures immediately, before she could feel uncomfortable.

 

The little kid smile so big. "I never thought I could see you in person, your highness."

 

"Aigoo, Don't call me with that as well. Just call me Unnie."

 

"Chincha? I can call you Unnie?!"

 

"Yes." Seohyun can't help it and chuckle. She rubs the little girl's head, as the latter giggles. "By the way, how old are you?"

 

"I'm four years old, Unnie." The little girl brightly replied. "How about you, Unnie?"

 

Seohyun can totally see herself to the younger girl. "I'm 20." However, she's cuter than her kid version.

 

"Oh, I'm Soeul by the way."

 

"I'm Seo Joohyun." She playfully held her little hand, shaking it gently. Both of them smiled so big to one another.

 

"What are you doing here, Unnie?" However, it wonders the little girl the sudden visit of the royal princess.

 

"I'm on a walk. I decided to visit the park and then I saw you. You love sketching?" Seohyun's eyes averted to the drawing book the little girl is holding in her left.

 

"Oh. It's my favorite Unnie. I mean I love Arts."

 

"Chicha? And why?" Seohyun scooted closer and brush her hair, behind her ears. The latter's face never faded.

 

The little girl looked down to her unfinished drawing as she answered, "Because I can express myself freely."

 

Seohyun was stunned by the kind of answer she heard from this little girl. At such a young age, she can already think like that. She felt a little ashamed of herself. Maybe because, because the princess, she barely could express her emotions. She has to always keep it to herself to avoid hurting anyone. Or to keep her image clean. She sighed and smile to the younger girl.

 

"Omma is actually a painter... and she's using it to express more of herself. If she's down, happy and other kind of emotions. It's like, it's her way to release stress... at the same time, she's selling them." Soeul informed without hesitations. She's proud of her mother.

 

"Will you also sell yours?" Seohyun asks curiously.

 

Soeul shook her head, however. "This is my school's project. I'm going to pass this to my teacher."

 

"Chincha? Um... " She pause as she thought of the next words she's going to say. "If... I can ask you to sketch me another one, will you do it for me? I'm going to buy it, promise."

 

"Omo, are you sure Unnie? My drawing isn't yet that good."

 

"It's already good to be honest. So why not I will buy one of them?"

 

"Yay! I'll do then." Soeul didn't think twice and she finished her drawing.

 

Seohyun next to the younger girl is watching herself, doing something to make her parents proud and happy for her. It was when she recalls she sometimes draw their garden back in the palace, then her parents would check it, it would always make them smile and proud of her stuffs. It feels so nostalgic recalling the past.

 

 

***

 

 

It was such a long day -- Yoona is exhausted already, but she's still in the café, fixing each table's chairs one by one. As soon as she had her interview, she was asked to start the moment she got accepted. Of course, being such an enthusiast in work, she never think it twice.

 

"You're working hard already. That's good."

 

She automatically turned to see another employee in the cafe. She's her Asian friend, who immediately got close with her. "I have to." she said, flashing a bright smile.

 

"You're from Seoul, right? I'm from Incheon."

 

"Chincha?"

 

"So are you going to the holiday break?"

 

The mention about the 'break' made Yoona stopped from wiping the chair, as she turned to face her. "This is the reason why I'm doing a part time job, Seulgi-ah. I'm going back home this Autumn break." she never hesitated and also share her plans. She casually returned to her job.

 

"Cool. Let's go together then." The younger girl immediately wrapped her arms around Yoona's right arm.

 

Yoona was a little caught off guard, as the young girl is cutely smiling towards her. She was reminded by someone who always like to cling into her arm. "You-you're planning to go back too?" And it made her heart skips a beat, as she suddenly can see Seohyun to the girl's face.

 

"Yup. My parents are basically expecting me to go back. How about you?"

 

"Oh, my father."

 

"You're friend with the princess too, right? Are you going to visit her as well?"

 

Yoona can no longer take the closeness and she decided to pulled herself away from her. "I have no plans about it yet. We haven't contact each other honestly." She went back to her work momentarily.

 

Seulgi pulled a chair and take her seat. "She's busy?"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter