Happy Together: 05

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

05 | Fate?

 

Peeking his head behind the door, Daniel blinks his eyes thrice - watching his mother inside the kitchen, cleaning his sister's bottle of milk. "Omma~" he called out softly. Careful not to surprise her.

 

When his mother did not answer, nor did she heard him, he walked in casually.

 

"Omo! Danny, why are you still up? I thought you've already fallen asleep after my bed time story?!" Seohyun frowned to see her little boy, on his pajama, walking into the kitchen. She left Daniel and Paul's room thinking they have already fallen asleep.

 

Daniel pulled a chair and successfully take his seat. "I can't sleep Omma." He answered, wearing a pout in his lips and innocent puppy eyes. He crossed his arms on top of the table and put his chin on top of it. "I can't sleep thinking about tomorrow." He mumbled.

 

Seohyun knew what's up with tomorrow, that she let out a sigh before answering, "I understand baby. But you have to sleep now. You can't grow up if you are like that."

 

"Do you think Grandpa can hear us?" Daniel wondered. 

 

"Of course baby. Why? Do you want to say something?" Seohyun warmly smiled at her adorable son.

 

A single tear drops in the corner of Daniel's eyes. Yet, he immediately wiped them off. "I want to say, I love him so much - And I'm so lucky to have him as my Grandpa. I thought he won't be so kind to me because I'm kidwolf, but he doesn't care if I was. He instead love me, Omma." He says smiling back to his mother. "I love him so much, Omma."

 

Pulling a chair near to her son, Seohyun pulled his chair closer to her. "We've talk about this, baby."

 

"I know. But I just can't. I miss him so much. I will miss -- every time we went home from school and he's going to be the one who will play with us right away. In the garden, in the pool, park, playground. And Oh, I will miss our baseball games that will make him really laugh - because he can't hit the ball. I will miss also, every time I and my brother eat a lot, he will wiped our mouth. I will miss everything we spent together, Omma. It's just too bad he's no longer with us. Will he also miss us too, Omma?" 

 

Seohyun cupped her son's cheeks and wiped the new tears dropping freely in his cheeks. She leaned in and kisses his forehead gently. "He will surely miss us, baby. But like I told you, he would be always looking over us - So Danny and Paul will behave." She whispered.

 

Daniel couldn't help it and smile despite his tears. 

 

"So you should behave always." Seohyun additionally says. Her son pout his lips and nodded. "Aigoo, why don't you help Omma? So you will not be bothered about this and we'll sleep later on?"

 

Wiping his own tears, Daniel also asked. "Will I can able to sleep if I will help you? Can Grandpa also help?" he smiled of the thought.

 

"Definitely, Son." Seohyun instantly answered, kissing her son's forehead again with a warm smile.

 

"Chincha? Then I'm going to help." Daniel got thrilled. He quickly got on his feet and drag his mother to the counter. Seohyun chuckles as she pulled a chair closer to the sink and let her son stand on it. The latter did not hesitate and help her all willingly. She can't help it and smile at her son. She didn't expect her son would be that hyper right away. Thus, she loved seeing it - other than seeing him always thinking about their Grandpa. It's a matter of time and space... they'll get used to it.

 

Unknown to them, Yoona is outside the kitchen - watching them with a proud smile in her face.

 

----

 

[Im Mansion - Living Room]

 

 

The sun shines so bright outside - Yet, inside the mansion, it seems not everyone is the same as what the sun is doing outside. Seohyun and Yoo Hyun are playing peekaboo, while Paul and Daniel are both quiet - sitting on the couch. All of them are wearing white, just like their Daddy have told them and the company's tradition as well.

 

"Omma, where's Daddy by the way? Why isn't she here, yet?" asks Daniel, upon realizing the absence Daddy Yoong.

 

Seohyun stopped playing with her maknae and turned her attention to Daniel, who was sitting just across with them. "She's still talking with the mansion's guard and some guards that will protect us - as we go to the funeral."

 

"Waeyo?" Paul also joined. "Why do we need to have guards, Omma?"

 

"I don't know too, Paul. But I think it's because, there might be media that will greet us. You know Daddy is a celebrity, right?" Seohyun reminded the twins.

 

"Oh, I see." Daniel and Paul both nod their heads together - understanding.

 

"So let's just wait here for a while. She'll be back later." Seohyun replied.

 

"Omma, we will see, Grandpa?" Yoo HYun also joined.

 

Seohyun's attention swiftly shift to her maknae. That innocent in her little girl's face is just too adorable. But somehow, she felt bad. "Yep, baby." coz she knows, she's also sad - though she's not showing it more anymore.

 

"We are going to play with him?" Yoo Hyun has a bright face of excitement in her face.

 

Paul and Daniel eyed each other then back to their little sister. Both doesn't how to react. However, their mother brought their maknae into her arms.

 

"As much as I want to say, yes... it's not possible anymore, baby." Seohyyun softly whispered to her maknae. Yoo Hyun sighed, sadly.

 

The twins got up from their seats and also joined - making a group hug. Yet, Yoo Hyun let go from the hug. She rushed to the piano and started playing on it. Seohyun and the twins smiled, as they also followed her to the piano. Seohyun especially put Yoo Hyun on her lap as the twins took their seats next to them.

 

"Wait, what are we going to play?" Seohyun stopped the twins from running their fingers on the piano keys, asking them for any suggestions.

 

"My favorite song - The swan lake." Paul clasped his hands in suggestions.

 

"We don't know that, Paul. That's in your piano lessons only. We should play twinkle little star for Yoonie." Daniel also suggested. The very common and easy to play piece.

 

"Twinkle, twinkle!" In which, Yoo Hyun got really excited.

 

"Okay, let's just play twinkle, twinkle." Seohyun softly chuckles and put on her fingers on top of the keys. She started to play it - following the twins on their side as well. Yoo Hyun is holding her mother's wrist, while the latter is running her fingers. She keeps on singing the song, consequently causing for the twins to also sing along with her.

 

The used to be a bit gloomy dining room was soon filled with laughter, as they plays the piano to more songs they know. And of course, Yoo Hyun is their singer. Though her lyrics are not all correct, it was good to hear. Seohyun is all smiling throughout, loved the way they're killing their time with the piano.

 

A couple of minutes later, Yoona finally came back and was happy to see the room is filled with bright atmosphere. She was even proud when Yoo Hyun's voice stands out more than her brothers. She silently approached them to the piano, and gently covered her wife's eyes. The twins and her maknae quickly looked up to see her. "Shshshs..." she hush them immediately before they could ruin her plan.

 

"Yoong, I know it's you." Seohyun however knows her wife's hands too well. And to think, she can hear the kids giggling. 

 

Yoona uncovered her wife's eyes in defeat and let out a sigh. Seohyun turned her head and slap her arm. "I was just playing too - since all of you are immensely playing with the piano. But anyway, let's get going now." She said and picked up Yoo Hyun, carrying her in her arms momentarily.

 

Seohyun and the twins casually get on their feet, as they all left the living room, consequently leaving the mansion.

 

 

-----

 

[while in the road]

 

 

 

"Omma, look." Daniel suddenly pointed outside, catching his mother's attention, who was next to him only.

 

"Oh, That's-"

 

"Isn't that rainbow?" Paul cut his mother's words, as he exclaimed, looking outside the window as well. Yoo Hyun next to him have also turned her head outside.

 

"Did it rain?" Daniel wondered. For all he knows, the rainbow will only appear if raindrops and sunshine cross paths. "Why there's a rainbow in the sky?"

 

"There's a rainbow always after a rain." Paul commented, staring outside still. He loves rainbow, just as his twin does.

 

"Yellow, Blue, Orange... " Yoo Hyun giggles, as she began recognizing the colors of the rainbow. "Pink! Omma! Color pink!" she shouted when she also saw her favorite color. Paul and Daniel chuckles at their sister's antics.

 

"Maybe it did earlier? While we're inside the mansion? You know how the mansion can't hear anything from the outside, right?" Seohyun reminded her kids, amused at her maknae as well.

 

Yoona who was at the passenger seat turned her head to the backseat. "Do you guys know why there's a rainbow today?" She asked them with her bright smile.

 

"Why, Daddy?" Daniel, Paul and Yoo Hyun all asked back. Seohyun also wants to know, but she remained shut.

 

"It's to welcome us - here in Seoul. And at the same time, it's a sign that after this... a bright and new day full of colors will happen later." Yoona answers, taking a glance outside. Though she's sad about this day, she's positive that the rainbow shows today, to remind her that it's not yet the end. Her father's passing away seems just another challenge to their family.

 

Daniel, Paul and Yoo Hyun all turned outside - watching the rainbow, admiring it more. Seohyun couldn't say a single word. She took her phone out and capture the moment of their kids, looking up, and also the rainbow outside. Yoona's words just hit her heart. And she's proud she's thinking positively again. It's a start.

 

"Yoong-" She was about to call for her wife's attention, but the latter's phone rings and paid her attention there - didn't get to her hear. She shrugs and put her attention back to their kids.

 

"Omma, I believe Grandpa made the rainbow." Paul suddenly shared something - as he smiled back innocently to his mother.

 

"Chincha? And why?" Seohyun caresses her son's cheeks.

 

Daniel and Yoo Hyun are staring in curiousity to Paul as well.

 

"Just like Daddy says, the rainbow welcomes us. It's like, He also welcome us back." Paul explained, turning his head again outside.

 

"How about you, Danny. Do you have any theory?" Seohyun also asked Daniel. She can see he is thinking. 

 

"..." Daniel can't share his own thoughts. He stared outside again simply. 'If it's Grandpa Im who made the rainbow, then He's indeed looking over us.' In his thoughts, as a big secret smile spread his lips.

 

"Come on, I know you have something in there too."

 

Yoo Hyun poke her mother's arm. Seohyun turned to her (right) maknae this time. "Yes, baby?"

 

"Yoonie knows."

 

"What? Is it about the rainbow too?" Seohyun giggles.

 

"Rainbow is Yoonie's."

 

"Eh? How?"

 

Yoo Hyun also giggles. "Pink. Yoonie favorite color -- also there."

 

"Aigoo, why so cute." Seohyun couldn't hold it and pinch her maknae's cheeks, then kiss her face all over - earning much of her giggle. Got jealous, Paul and Daniel started doing the same too. Yet, they are stopped when their mother hide their sister's head in her embrace. 

 

"Omma so cruel." The twins said at the same time - pouting together as well.

 

"You guys will kill your sister." Seohyun reasoned sheepishly. "I can't let you guys do that. Yoonie is only mine." She firmly stated, earning a giggle from them. Yoo Hyun also did. Thus, kiss her cheeks. She smiled and kiss her cheeks back.

 

"Um, Hon!" Yoona called out for her wife's attention, while she can see her and their maknae giggling through the rear view mirror. 

 

Seohyun stopped and turned her head. "Yes? Did you call me, Yoong?" The kids have also turned their attention to their Daddy on the passenger seat.

 

"There's a lot of media outside the funeral. We have to be careful. I was thinking, I'll walk out first then let the media put their attention on me. Then you guys follow if there's no more around the car." Yoona said, so clear.

 

"Yeah, that's a good idea."

 

"How about you, Daddy? I'm worried." Paul speaks up.

 

"Me too. The media can be a little harsh, Daddy." Daniel additionally shows his concern.

 

"Daddy is strong." Yoo Hyun however is not worried. "Daddy is strong, Oppa." she knows her Daddy can handle it. Just like she always says to her.

 

"Yoonie is right, boys. I can handle this. I'm Im Yoong Daddy after all." Yoona smugly says, grinning.

 

"You're Im Yoong Daddy indeed, but if you're sick, you're always so weak." Daniel reminded his Daddy, recalling how the latter is so sick every time she's having a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter