Call me Daddy: 18

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
 

 

 

18 | A make-up for the Date

 

 

 

Pulling over the car in front of a certain small apartment, one young man stepped out of his car and looked up to the apartment. He then looked around the neighborhood, wondering why it's already so quiet when it's still seven in the evening. He approached the gate only and tried to see any source of lights inside the apartment, however, he failed to see. He wondered why? However, he must also admit, his heart is nervously beating, especially as he recalled his informant's words.

 

"You're looking for Seo Joohyun - apparently a nursing student to a prestigious University. She is living in a small apartment. Block 52."

 

Standing to the same apartment his investigator had told him, He was sure this is where his ex girlfriend is staying at.

 

But to see the apartment is not showing any hints that someone is inside, he has to wait? 

 

"I'll comeback later." He decided to leave and at least have his dinner. He hope once he comeback, he can see lights.

 

 

Meanwhile, in Only-U coffee shop, Yoona arrived having a hard time convincing Daniel.

 

"I just forgot, I'm sorry now please?!!!" 

 

Instead of an answer, Daniel throw a piece of lego on the floor, close to her feet. That's a sign of rebel, In Yoona's thoughts.

 

"What do you want this time? Tell Daddy and I'll give it now... just forgive me now and let's go-"

 

"I waited for more than 6 hours now!" Daniel interrupted with his cry. He reached for another piece of lego and throw it towards Yoona's feet, he is sending her a serious glare. He was really mad. Mad as hell, for waiting patiently his Daddy will fetch him. But she failed him. He was so late. He hated it. His tears are non stop.

 

Yoona slowly lowered herself. "Okay, I know I made you wait... b-but... look, I'm here now right? Shouldn't you stop crying and hating me now?" as she continued to beg and convinced the latter. "We are going to Omma... isn't that what you wish for?" She's seriously helpless now. She doesn't know how to make this kid stop from his antics.

 

"No!" Daniel got up, running to his play house immediately.

 

Yoona deep a sigh. She can still hear his cries inside, which made her groan frustratingly. "I seriously doesn't spell him sometimes." ruffling her hair, she got up and followed him to his play house, just outside of it. And try her luck. "Do you want me to leave now?"

 

There wasn't any answers, except for his constant sniffles and cries.

 

"If you are asking me to just leave... then we are not going to see each other again. It'll be 2 days again. Do you want that?"

 

Silence.

 

"I've heard from your Auntie, You eat your favorite carrot cake? Why don't we have it later after dinner? With Omma again." Yoona knocked on the small door this time. "Come on, Yoong Daddy is waiting~"

 

Still so stubborn to go out, Daniel wasn't answering. The doe-eyed girl however, won't stop no matter what. Just like Seohyun has told her, make him believe the things he wasn't.

 

"You know what? When I cry? I mean, every time I cry, Omma would tell me I was really coward... and that I'm not that really strong. I am weak... I am, fearful. Are you also like that? Because... that's a sign of that Daniel is not a big boy. I thought you are?"

 

"Daniel is big boy, but I hate you. I hate you Daddy. I don't want to see you. I don't want to go with you anymore!"

 

Yoona's heart literally ached, couldn't imagine herself, she was affected by his sadness. "Daniel... " she was really speechless.

 

"Just go away! I don't want to see you!" Daniel cried out loud.

 

"Even if... even If I'm going to tell you we are going to Omma? In her work?" Yoona felt so hopeless. Never thought she can do this to him -- hating her really that much. Well, she somehow understands. Kids are kids.

 

"I am seeing Omma tonight, but not you! I hate YOU! I hate you, DADDY!"

 

Yoona pout her lips, as an unconscious tears drops in the corner of her eyes. Yet, she immediately wiped them off. "That's why I'm sorry right? Yoong Daddy is so sorry~ Aigoo, you're making me cry too."

 

There wasn't reply from the young boy anymore.

 

Can no longer take it, Yoona got up. "Okay, I'm seeing your Omma instead... without you." as she decided to leave now. But no, literally she would leave the coffee shop. She find herself in one of the table and ordered a cup of coffee to Sunny. The girl was curious of her obvious dry tears and sat down across her.

 

"What happened?" ask Sunny curiously.

 

"You did not hear us inside?" Yoona also ask back.

 

"The playground is sound proof - So I didn't really know what happened but... I can see it in your eyes - tired and teary?" Sunny's eyebrows creased in confusions. 

 

Yoona let out a sigh, and have a little sip of her coffee before she answered, "He hated me. He hated me so much for keeping him wait more 6 hours. If I were in his place, I would do the same."

 

"You were hurt?"

 

"Kind of~"

 

"Aigoo, things like that doesn't need to take serious. You know kids."

 

Yoona let out a little chuckle. "I don't know with me, I'm always affected when he is like that. But hey, this is the first time he is really hating me that much. I could barely cope up with him."

 

"Patience." Sunny simply reminded.

 

The doe-eyed girl nodded and once again ruffled her hair in frustrations. "I just don't like this sometimes!!! He is giving me a reason to be weak!!!"

 

"I'm like that sometimes, but I know it will just pass."

 

Helplessly, Yoona rested her chin on top of the table. "So what am I going to do?" mutters her. "He won't listen to me."

 

"Did he respond to you?"

 

"Yeah, but barely."

 

"Will,that's a sign that he honestly take notice your please." Sunny casually answered.

 

"Okay." Yoona puffs her hair and pout her lips.

 

But to their surprised, Daniel suddenly emerge from the playground, running towards their table. Yoona instantly got up and meet with him half way. Daniel hugged her hips tightly, crying still.

 

"Let's go to Omma!!! Bring me to Omma!!!"

 

Slowly looking back to Sunny, the older girl just smiled and mouthed 'Patience', again to her. Yoona looked down to Daniel, smiling in relief.

 

"Okay, we're going to your Omma now."

 

 

 

 

[Yonsei - Library]

 

 

 

It has been 30 minutes now since they started searching for the book Paul was looking. A total of 20 books was already being check, two shelves, and 3 muffins each of them was finished. But still, the book hasn't found. Seohyun checked it on their list, it was found there, but it seems the book was misplace. It normally happened when a student picked it up and place to its unusual spot.

 

"I think there's no book like that here, Noona." Paul got hopeless now, pouting sadly. He is watching the Noona on the ladder, searching for the book on top of a shelf. "Noona, should we stop searching for it now?"

 

Seohyun who heard the words from the young boy, let out a sigh. Yet, she continued. Paul is getting more shy. He crouch down, still looking up to the kind Noona. If only He can climb up there, he can also help her. But no, he's still small and it'll be dangerous for him. Tilting his head to the right, he can see his Aunt is also searching. He had searched on the left side already, but he failed to find it.

 

"Auntie, maybe we can stop now? To think my homework will only be done this Friday. We can search it again tomorrow or... the day after tomorrow."

 

Taeyeon stopped as she face Paul. "Do you really think so?"

 

"Seohyun Noona, I'm already disturbing her. You told me she's working here, right?"

 

"Paul, if I tell you I've found your book, will you stop thinking that?" Suddenly, Seohyun speak up above them, both Taeyeon and Paul looked up. "Is this the book you are searching? What is it again? Mother's Hands?" She wave it in the air, wearing such a bright smile.

 

Paul's eyes instantly lit up, as he watches the young Noona is now climbing down. He looked at Taeyeon, she smiled at him. He got so excited, and was humping up and down now. "Thank You Noona! Thank you, So much Noona!!!" as he also keeps on thanking the girl. The moment Seohyun had completely set her foot to the floor, he dashes and quickly throw his arms around her hips. "Thank you, thank you, thank you, Noona. This means so much to me. Paul is so happy~" He was burrying his face on her stomach. He was a bit teary as time passes.

 

A bit surprised, Seohyun got a little step back, holding the kid's head at the back. "Omo, it's okay, baby." she started to his hair, telling him that it was surely her pleasure to help him. She must really like kids, and she felt like he's her son. How weird~

 

Paul pulled back and flashed his toothy grin. "Thank you again."

 

Seohyun can't help it and lowered herself, fixed the kid's hair and leaned in to kiss his forehead. She has no idea why, but staring into the young boy's face, warms her up. Especially that she's thinking of her son. They seemed look alike the more she looks at him? But on the other side, she was really happy to have found the book and to make him happy. "Here." then, she gives the book. "But hold on, you mentioned you are also searching for someone to read this for you, right?"

 

"Yes, Noona." Paul shyly confirmed. 

 

"Then why don't I read it for you."

 

Paul frowned. "No! It's Okay, Noona. I already have disturbed you!"

 

"You're still thinking that?" Seohyun chuckles amusingly. It's so adorable for him to think such thing. "I tell you, you're not disturbing Noona."

 

"But you... have... " The young boy can't continue his own words, as he shyly just lowered his head and looked down to the book.

 

"Seohyun, it's enough. The book was enough. I think I can read it for him." Taeyeon also have supported the young boy's words. She can't disturb anymore.

 

"No! Unnie! It's okay. Since you guys are here already, why don't we just continue this? Come on, I'll be lonely here if you will leave me just like that." Seohyun knows she's leaving her work, but to have another chance to bond with the kid, it feels like it's going to be alright. She's not going to regret it.

 

Paul exchanged gazes with Taeyeon, he somehow was convinced and shows his wide smile and nod of his head. Taeyeon who contemplated a little, end up smiling as well.

 

"Yay! That's great." Like  happy kid who just got her lollipop, Seohyun excitedly picked up Paul in her arms and jogs towards the nearest couch in the kid section of the library. The young boy couldn't help it and kissed her cheeks which she copied almost instantly. 

 

Taking the couch, she make sure her one arm is around Paul's waist, as she put the three pages of book before them. Specifically, it's standing in her lap. Whilst Paul was leaning in to have a closer look. Getting in their comfortable position, Seohyun started to read the book for the young boy. Paul was listening in all ears. He can only read some of the few words, but the drawing help him more to imagine the story.

 

Taeyeon who was on the next couch grabs also a book so she won't be bored in her place. She would occasionally glance to them, which would never failed to make her smile. The first step to the truth is doing so well so far. And she hope, everything will be so fine once it was reveals. She really couldn't imagine when she reveals the truth to Seohyun. As for Paul, she knows he would be so happy to learn that he has a mother. She's just not sure about his thoughts towards his father, who happened to be the Kwon. And for his father, she's certain he will forgive him right away.

 

After a while of just taking secret glimpse and read a little on her book, she heard Seohyun speaking.

 

"Unnie, he is so adorable."

 

She stopped a little on her track, as she tilted her head to the younger, with Paul, who was now sleeping on her lap. "Whoa. He fall asleep so fast."

 

"That was a good 30 minutes of read only, Unnie. He must be so tired?" Seohyun said softly to Taeyeon, while she's Paul's hair. Feeling accomplished for reading a great story to a young boy who was really so behave throughout. She can't deny the fact that she was instantly feeling so close towards him. Her heart just warms up meeting and knowing this young kid. Who is just the same age with her own son. "Ahh... yeah, it took an hour and half before we found his book. There's no doubt he was. Aigoo, so cute. I feel like I've done such a good job for him." A very lovely smile creeps Seohyun's features - sincere with all her words.

 

Taeyeon was agape, and definitely could not believe the words Seohyun was saying. She wanted to say something but it got pushed when Seohyun said more words.

 

"And... you know what? The more I look at him, the more I can also see Daniel. It's like... they look the same in some angle, but the puffy cheeks... they are like mine." Seohyun let out a soft chuckle, quiet silly with her own words. It's like, she's owning Paul? But don't get her wrong, she's just feeling so strange towards Paul.

 

Taeyeon was thinking, this could be a right time to say the truth to Seohyun. Looking into how much she seems treating him like her son, a good sign for her to accept this truth easily. It's like, a mother's instinct? Wow! Now she really believes that really happens.

 

So she put the book down and took a deep breath, trying to find the right words to say. But even before she could form her thoughts, she and Seohyun was disturb when they heard faint shouts from afar. 

 

"Who is it?" Seohyun keep her calm, doesn't want to wake the kid up on her lap.

 

Though she doesn't like it, Taeyeon got up and walk on the aisle. "Oh, It's... " but only to widen her eyes, recognizing the running kid towards her.

 

"TAEYEON NOONA!!!" It was Daniel, with Yoona behind him. The young boy just literally dashes and jumps on her. Seohyun who was on the couch, also frowned to see her son.

 

"Danny?" But before she could freak out, she quickly covered and check on Paul if she woke him up. Gladly and he was deep on his sleep.

 

Daniel quickly pulled back from Taeyeon's hug and turned to the couch. "Omma--" He was about to run and hug her when he got shut by his own mother.

 

"Shshsh... someone is sleeping. Keep your voice low." Seohyun signed her son to keep his mouth shut. Yoona who arrived late smiled to her, she simply could smile back to greet her, since Daniel already went on the couch and check on the kid sleeping on her lap.

 

"Omma? Who is He? Why is he here? Omma is baby sitting?" Daniel ask in a whisper way. He can't help it and giggles, as he caught a sight of a kid, that seems the same age with him. "Is he like Daniel too? Four?"

 

Yoona and Taeyeon exchange gazes, but the deer quickly looked away and continue watching the Seo conversing.

 

"No. Omma is not baby sitting. He is Paul. Your Taeyeon Noona's nephew. They're visiting Omma. And yes, He is also four just like you." Seohyun replied, smiling towards her son. It was so adorable for her son to be excited to see another kid.

 

"Oh, so I think we can play together?" Daniel's mind is instantly excited about playing with the other boy. "Daniel will be so happy!!!"

 

"That's really going to be a great idea, baby. Paul will like it as well! But hold on, what are you guys doing here?" Seohyun's attention was now to Yoona. "Yoong?" she creased her eyebrows in confusions. She really didn't expect this.

 

"Um, Like I've said to Daniel, I brought him here. I hope it doesn't matter to you. We just want to hang out... and to... you know, help you with the work. But still depends with your decision." Yoona stated, softly. Hopeful with Seohyun's kindness.

 

The young mother contemplated to say, yet, she said it nevertheless. "Alright... It's alright. B-But... will it alright for you?"

 

"Hyun, you should include me! I'm already here!" Taeyeon raised her right hand, volunteering right away.

 

Looking back to her smiling angel, Daniel, She smiled also and looked down to Paul in her lap. The boy was seen slowly opening his eyes. 

 

"Okay, we're going to finish my unfinished work together!" She exclaimed, satisfied with her decision.

 

Yoona literally jumps out in happiness, but immediately compose herself and smiled back with Daniel, who was happy also with her mother's decision. Taeyeon who was secretly smiling, can't hold it and felt a little concern - especially to see the twins in one place. Wow, this is certainly a reunion for the family.

 

There wasn't long enough and Paul has completely opened his eyes and slowly sat up in the couch, greeted by two new people. As one is just the same with him, while the doe-eyed is older.

 

"Anyeong, Paul!" waves Yoona, smiling so friendly. "I'm Yoong Daddy."

 

"Anyeong, I'm Daniel Seo." Daniel also wave so happily.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter