Cheerleader: 18

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

18 |  Mother

 

***

 

"Aigoo, Aigoo, I'm so brilliant." Self praising, Yoona giggles after, while she's cooking her own version of chocolate rice pudding. With the rain outside, constantly falling, the best way to keep their body warm is to eat her own recipe. 'Peng will going to like this.' And she's pretty sure of that.

 

Meanwhile, the person she been thinking is upstairs, enjoying a warm shower in her roommate's bathroom. The bathing in the rain earlier is awesome and wasn't that cold, but they felt colder as soon as they arrived back in the dorm. But apparently, she's lost in her thoughts, upon suddenly missing her teacher. The rain just gives her so much reason.

 

12 years ago -

 

Joohyun had been in her room for straight 2 hours now ever since she went home from school. She had been doing her homework while munching on some cookies non stop. But being only the daughter, doing her homework is hard. She can't ask both of her parents to help her hence they're almost of the time busy with their work. But she understands, they're always present after all in every meals, during sleeping time, family day in weekends and every time she has recitals. Home works is just a small thing. And she believes it's her responsibility to do it without any help from anyone.

 

Tossing her pencil in the side, she lifted up her arms in the air and stretched them. A big yawn can be seen in her face at the same time.

 

Suddenly, she heard a knock on the door, followed by Director Shin's voice, "Your highness, dinner is up." 

 

She brightly smiled upon hearing that announcement. Hastily, she left her study table and rushed to the door, opening it instantly. "Director Shin, what's tonight's dinner?" She asks, grabbing the middle aged man's hand and started dragging him in the hallway, as they head to the dining room.

 

"Have you finished your home works yet, your highness?" Asks Director Shin as the princess have calmed down now. It's a long walk in the hallway before they went down the stairs. The dining room is in the first floor of the palace. No need to rush.

 

"Not yet. But there are only 2 left of them." Joohyun replied with her arms crossed.

 

"That's good then. Someone will help you on that starting tonight."

 

"What do you mean?" Joohyun innocently asked as she looked up the taller Director Shin.

 

"You will know later." A meaningful grin forms in Director Shin's face. But little Joohyun didn't bother and suddenly runs off, leaving him behind. He sighed, but eventually followed the mischievous princess.

 

Arriving at the dining room, Joohyun rushed almost instantly when she saw the sight of her mother - who greeted her with a warm and comforting hug. 

 

"Oh my Joohyun. How's school?" Mrs. Seo asks softly, as she pulled back from the hug. She fixed her daughter's hair while she is telling her about their new P.E. teacher and so on and so forth. Everything was all about her daughter's activities in school. She stopped talking when she noticed someone who just walks into the dining room with her father.

 

"Is this the princess? Whoa, news are indeed true. She's so pretty." The woman smiled at her, cheerfully. "Hi Princess." and wave in friendliness.

 

"Omma?" Joohyun returned her gazes to her mother with a curious yet innocent look.

 

"Joohyun, meet your new teacher." Mrs. Seo stands on her feet and turn to face the others. "Teacher Baek Ji Young. She will be your tutor from now on."

 

"Tutor?"

 

"It can be like a teacher. But your personal teacher. Because she will be helping and teaching you with your lessons you can't understand." Mr. Seo explained further.

 

"Or you can call me Teacher Im. My husband's surname is Im. I'd like to be call in his surname." The mentioned woman said as she lowered herself and held out her hand. "Nice to meet you Princess Joohyun. I hope we will be friends."

 

Shy, Joohyun stepped back and hides behind her mother. However, her mother stepped back also, making her stand in front again. She smiled awkwardly, but couldn't open . She's speechless. Maybe because she finds her pretty even for her age. But of course, her mother is still prettier.

 

"She will be here every six to seven in the evening. Or even earlier. Come on, introduce yourself princess." Mrs. Seo pursued, pushing a little her little princess.

 

Stepping forward, Joohyun slowly lifted up her hand and held the awaiting hand from her new teacher. "I'm Seo Joohyun... but you can call me Seohyun for short." she said innocent.

 

"Aww, so adorable. You reminds me so much of my daughter as well. She's almost in the same age as yours."

 

"Thank you." With that, Joohyun smiled, genuinely while shaking her hand with hers. Her teacher is also doing the same. "You as well - you are pretty Teacher Im."

 

"Coming from our country's only princess, who is prettier than me, I greatly appreciated it. Um... Can I get a hug from our dear princess? It would be my pleasure." Her teacher fondly requested.

 

Joohyun looked at her father and mother, who are apparently standing next to each other behind her teacher already. When they nod at her, she opened her arms and wrapped it around her teacher's neck, as the latter also did around her.

 

"Aigoo... Aigoo... so healthy." Mrs. Im can't help it but squeeze the princess.

 

Joohyun giggles when she felt she was squeeze through her hug. But through this also, she felt like she has found a new friend, not only just the palace's butlers and maids.

 

-

 

And she was right. She's not just an ordinary teacher. The moment they started finishing her school home works, the moment she has started smiling and laughing as well. Because she's not teaching her, she's also striking joke that relates to the topic.

 

"Why Peng? Why did you name her Peng?" 

 

"Because it's Penguin." And she also can have fun with her.

 

Every minute she spent with her is just amazing. Her lazy eyes earlier literally disappeared the moment she heard her speaking. It's as if, she has some magic as well,not only being brilliant.

 

-

 

"What's your dream, your highness?"

 

Upon hearing the question, Joohyun smiled so big.

 

"You do have, right?" Mrs. Im closes the princess' notebooks and books, finally after straight two and half hours. "Let me know and I will tell you my thoughts about it." she pulled her chair closer to hers momentarily. 

 

"I want to be pianist like my mother, but when I started watching football with my father, I feel like I want to be a cheerleader soon. Hehe." Joohyun answered with glee.

 

"Chincha? Other than that, what else do you like to be? I mean, once you grow up. Like, doctor, teacher, lawyer... whatsoever." Mrs. Im can't help it and explain it further for the princess. "What you told me right now is like a hobby or some kind of temporary stuff. You can't be a cheerleader for all of your life, princess."

 

Joohyun pout her lips. "Chincha?" sad that being a cheerleader seems not okay for her teacher? "But I like cheering... like my father. He always do that to me also every time we go out to play football."

 

Mrs. Im smiled in amusement. "You're indeed still so innocent. But once you grow up, I'm pretty sure you will understand what I am talking about." she pat her head and turned off the study lamp. "And if once you have finally realize it, let me know." She pinches Joohyun's cheeks afterwards. She got up from her seat in the process.

 

"Okay, teacher Im." Joohyun smiled as she also stands on her feet.

 

"So since you did a job well done in our first night, I want to give you something." Mrs. Im turned into and grabs her bag she put on another chair. She opened it and grabs something. "Tada." she showed a star silver key chain. 

 

"Whoa, that looks so cool." Joohyun's eyes sparkled in interest upon seeing the item. "Are you giving it to me, teacher Im?"

 

"I just said earlier, princess." Mrs. Im chuckles softly. She lowered herself and take the young girl's right hand. "Here." she put it on her palm, smiling sweetly towards her.

 

That moment then, Joohyun realized that the key chain has texts, that says, 'Keep Shining'. "What does this mean?" she quizzically asks.

 

"Keep shining on whatever you like to do. Don't doubt on yourself, be confident and don't ever give up, Araso?"

 

"Teacher Im, you sounded like it's our last time seeing each other when it's even the beginning." Joohyun giggles, finding it funny hearing such words from the kind Unnie.

 

"I'm just telling you this so you will be inspired on our next meeting. If you do well in our next lesson, I will give you something again."

 

"Chincha? What?!" Joohyun got excited and suddenly can't hold herself to jump continuously.

 

Mrs. Im held the princess' shoulders, stopping her from jumping. "It's a secret. If you want to receive another one, you have do well. Okay?"

 

Joohyun dramatically thought for a moment before she suddenly tap her chest. "Yep. I will do well. Promise teacher Im."

 

A knock on the door was heard, Joohyun and her teacher turned to the direction of it. It was opened gently, revealing Mrs. Seo with a sweet smile to both of them. Joohyun however rushed to her mother, hugging her hips almost immediately. 

 

"So I assume you guys have bond well?"

 

"Yes, Omma. Teacher Im is so funny. I'm liking her already, Omma." Joohyun didn't hesitate and share it to her mother.

 

"Whoa, chincha?" Mrs. Seo averted her gazes back to her daughter's teacher. "Thanks for taking care of Joohyun, teachher Im." she can't thank enough, knowing her daughter is having fun with her studies with her tutor.

 

"I'm just making her comfortable in our lessons, your highness. Which should be the way to make her studey well." 

 

"Teacher Im, Jjang." Joohyun cheerfully showed thumbs up, earning giggles from both women in the room. "Omma, will she also be here tomorrow? It's weekend."

 

"Nope. Only ever weekdays. Yah! Weekends are family day, don't you want to spend it with Omma?"

 

Joohyun chuckles and shook her head. "Of course not. I was just asking. So I will see you Monday again, teacher Im?"

 

A genuine smile plastered Mrs. Im's face as she lowered herself and nodded. "Yes, little princess. I'll be here again. Don't forget what I've said earlier, okay?"

 

"Joohyun will keep it in mind. I'll see you soon." Without warning, Joohyun stepped forward and wrapped her arms around the latter's neck, which she hugs back. She felt excited again to meet her on Monday. "Joohyun will study well so I will receive another gift from teacher Im. hehe." she whispered secretly, before she pulled back, flashing a big smile.

 

"Aigoo, I'll see you." Mrs. Im got up and bowed to the queen.

 

"Joohyun, I'll take teacher Im outside first. You freshen up and prepare your bed." told Mrs. Seo to her daughter.

 

"Yes, Omma. I'll see you again teacher Im." Joohyun waves her hand and immediately rushed to her shower room. She heard her door in her room closes, which indicates her mother and her teacher have peacefully left the room. She took her key chain from her little pocket in her short and smiled to it. "Teacher Im wants me to keep on shining? Just like the star?" However, her smile slowly faded when she thought of 'dream'. It made her think of it over. "Aish, I don't know yet." But at such a young age, she couldn't think of anything yet except for being a 'cheerleader'. She shrugs the thoughts and walked out the room. She almost forgot grabbing her towel. But before that, she put the key chain on top of her desk, which is next to teacher Im's notebook. "Omo. She forgot to bring this with her." Hastily, she picked it up and rushed outside. However, she was late when she arrived outside the palace, her teacher have already left through the palace's car. Her mother saw her hugging the notebook in her small arms, wondering why she's outside.

 

"Wae? Why did you go out? What's in your arms?"

 

"Teacher Im, she forgot to bring her notebook with her, Omma." Joohyun hold it up for her mother.

 

"Omo. Chincha?" Mrs. Seo took it but she didn't open. She just cheek the cover, which indeed has her daughter's teacher's name. "Just keep it." She give it back. "You guys will see each other this Monday after all. But to make sure, I'll call her later if the notebook is important. So she can get it tomorrow."

 

"Hmm, okay." Joohyun smiled and took her mother's hand, as they went back to the palace.

 

-

 

As soon as her mother have left her bedroom, Joohyun opened her eyes and slowly get off of her bed. She just fooled her mother that has fallen asleep. The truth is, she just waited for her to come out so she can check her teacher's notebook which was on top of her study table. Her mother told her that she shouldn't be checking it for privacy. But something is really about the notebook that she wanted to check on it. She remembered, Teacher Im had been using it throughout their session earlier. As if there's something in their that she's good at helping her homework.

 

So taking her seat in her leather chair, she opened it and the first thing that greets her eyes is her teacher's photo. She smiled and flipped on the next page. Much to her dismay, there's a warning sign. She giggles and flipped it again, which made her gasped. Because the third page has a saying that says, CHEATING is a choice, NOT a mistake. A reminder by: Superman ;p

 

Joohyun realized what she's about to do. So she close the notebook and put it neatly back to where she had place it. Going back to her bed, she somehow smiled despite being scold on that notebook. Probably because she found a new friend. She thanked her parents for hiring her as personal teacher.

 

-

 

Seohyun snaped out of her trance after she felt like her body heated up. She had been letting the warm water flows while her mind is somewhere. She hurriedly turned it off and relax her body first. After a while, she turned it on and proceeds finishing her shower.

 

Meanwhile, outside, in the kitchen, Yoona was so into the song she's playing over her phone while she stirring the pudding on a pot, when it suddenly stopped because a caller came in. Yoona turned her head behind and raised her brows. "Who the heck is this." She picked it up on top of the table and rolled her eyes when she realizes it's her father again.

 

"Yah! It's already late there! Why are you calling?" Yoona greeted her father playfully.

 

[Why do you have to scold me right away when I only want to hear your voice.]

 

Yoona chuckles. "You know I only care for your health father. I don't want you to stay up late. I'm guessing you are in your desk again, finishing some lesson plans for the next day. Wait, It's already Friday there, right?"

 

[No! You are wrong! I'm in the living room, relaxing. I just finished my work. And for your information, I'm calling because I suddenly remembered you.]

 

"Eh? So random?"

 

[Well, I'm honestly watching a superman movie. So it reminds me of you. Remember? You used to call yourself a superman every time you score a goal because you will run so fast while your fist is up like a superman. As if you will fly. Hahaha. Your mother sure made you a cape. That was so funny.]

 

"Omo, did you just touch my dvds there?! How could you!!! Don't touch the others there pleaseeee!!!" Yoona whined like a child.

 

[Yah! It's just your superman dvds. Your other stuffs here are untouchable. Aigoo, I just miss you - you know. It's only me in this apartment. My friends will just come and go. So unlike when you're still here. Don't you miss Appa?]

 

Yoona sighed. "Of course I do. Um... there's no moment I couldn't miss you." she truthfully says.

 

[Really? You're not alone there... you-]

 

"Don't be jealous. You know in my heart, there's only 3 people." Yoona grinned afterwards, after she realized what she just uttered.

 

[Three? I know the two persons are me and your mother, who's the third person in your heart now?]

 

'Busted.' Thought Yoona at the ba

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter