Cheerleader: 22

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

22 | Pain

 

***

 

Can't stop smiling in happiness, Yoona's indulge herself to a beautiful and gorgeous view she has ever seen for her entire life. Approximately 2 hours had passed, she's still in cloud nine. It's as if, it's a never ending cloud nine. But she absolutely love the feeling. She's absolutely in love of the girl named Seo Joohyun a.k.a. Seo Penguin - turned princess.

 

She can no longer ask for more except for a beautiful love story between her and the girl she loves.

 

Getting up, she had enough of her back side as she approached her and peek at her cheeks without warning. Seohyun eventually hit her on her arm. She giggles and affectionately says, "I love you~" then runs animatedly upstairs. Grabs her towel and headed to her shower room since she hasn't freshen up.

 

Seohyun was left dumbfounded. But she has to admit, it didn't fail to make her smile in giddiness and at the same time she felt loved. Going back to the plates, she resumed washing them in the sink. Out of a sudden, something crosses to her mind. This leads her to fasten her pace and within 5 minutes only, she finished it. She hastily went upstairs and entered the study room. She took a piece of paper and a pen then wrote something while smiling like an idiot. Once she's done, she put a smiley sticker and draw two little girls holding hands at the bottom part of the letter. She smiled in satisfaction as she got up and peek her head outside, checking if her girlfriend is already out of her shower. To see it's empty, she animatedly went to her bed and took the two tickets from the drawer of her night stand. She placed it on top of the paper and folded it.

 

Glancing over the next bed, she casually gets up and walked to her girlfriend's bed, placing gently the letter on top of the night stand, which is next to her phone. That moment then, her phone rings and she can see the screen flashing the caller ID as Appa.

 

Thinking it must be important, she picked it up and casually walks to the shower room, knocking on the door momentarily . "Yoongie, your father is calling. Should I answer this or you will take the phone?"

 

"Can you answer it for me Peng? I'm not yet done!" Came Yoona's faint voice as a response. "Tell him to leave a message rather!"

 

"Um, O-okay." Seohyun got nervous out of a sudden. She turned her gazes back to the screen of the phone and took a deep breath, before she slides the button, answering the call. "Hello, Good morning." She greeted first but she sounded like some secretary answering a phone call of her boss.

 

[Hello? Um.. this isn't my daughter, right?]

 

"Yeah. It's her..." Seohyun pause as she felt her heart skips a beat upon knowing her next words should be 'girlfriend' but she felt hesitating. She felt it's not right because Yoona haven't mention it to her father.

 

[It's her... who?]

 

She cleared and quickly answered, "It's her friend. Um... M-Mr. Im. Yoona is still in the shower. She asks me to answer this instead. Can I know the reason of your call? I will definitely send it to her." She mentally face-palmed, sounded really like a secretary with the way she answers.

 

[Shower? Which means she's in the dorm. You are in the dorm. Do I by chance talking to Peng? Her special friend?] A soft yet teasing voice was heard from the next line.

 

Seohyun's cheeks automatically turned a shade of red. "Ye-Yes." That it stutters her upon replying.

 

[Aww... we finally talked. You know, my daughter has been sharing about you.]

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun exclaimed.

 

[Don't worry all of it are good things... makes me want to meet you someday.]

 

"Oh... Uh... Wha-what can I say? Besides it'll be my pleasure." Seohyun smiled. She thought the idea is great. Judging from his voice, he seems to like her already? 

 

[ Pleasure is mine, Miss. As I was saying, you're a special friend. No girl have my daughter mentioned she has this kind of s friend. That means, I should also treat you special.]

 

"T-Thank you, Mr. Im." Seohyun is flattered. She hasn't actually seen him but he sounded already so kind. No wonder why Yoona is also kind to her. She got it from her father. No, definitely from her parents.

 

[Anyway, about why I called. There's nothing important honestly, except for I am missing her. Tell her to call me back later.]

 

Seohyun nodded. "Okay. Is there anything else?"

 

[Oh, reminds me. Can I ask you something?]

 

"Hmm? Sure."

 

[What's your full name? You know, my daughter is only mentioning your nickname. I got curious out of a sudden why it becomes 'Peng'? Does it sound like your name? Or what?]

 

Seohyun's cheeks got even redder. She didn't expect the question would be like that. Will she tell him about her full name or will he only explain why is it Peng? She got confuse out of a sudden. At the same time feeling shy. "Um... about that... " she pause as she think for a moment. After a while, she decided to, "Peng... it came from my stuff toy. I mean, back in our childhood... I told Yoongie to call me Peng, just like my favorite Penguin stuff toy." She said, covering her eyes almost immediately. As if the other person would see her reaction to her own nickname.

 

[Aww, that's cute. No wonder my daughter likes that name so much.]

 

"..." Seohyun was flustered and almost out balance. Coming from her father somehow cringe her. But she realized she and Yoona are really just alike - choding and sweet?

 

[Hahaha excuse for my silliness. I'm just really happy right now that I got to hear your voice. Because you know what? Base on my previous conversation with my daughter, she sounded really so happy talking about you. Instead of her studies, we ends up talking about you. And I can really say she's you're inspiring her. Thank you for coming to my daughter's life.]

 

"Mr. Im... I really appreciate the kind words. I'm flattered and pressured? because you haven't even seen me. But I just want to thank you as well for trusting me for your daughter. I promise, I will take care of her the same way she's taking care of me." Seohyun smiled, confident with her words. She was about to hear Yoona's father's response when she heard the door in the shower room unlocks and Yoona's voice covered her father's voice from the phone.

 

"It looks like my father is doing an interview with you, Peng." Yoona approached her girlfriend and held out her hand, asking for her phone. "Don't believe all his words, he's sometimes playing around."

 

Seohyun handed back the doe-eyed girl's phone with a quirky smile. "I like him already." she mouthed.

 

"Go freshen up now. I'll talk to this joker." Yoona playfully said aloud, earning a soft giggle from the younger girl before she complied. With that, Yoona takes her seat at the edge of her bed. "Yah! What did you ask about my girlfriend?" She didn't hesitate and revealed straightly. But in a playful way.

 

[Girlfriend? Really?] Mr. Im exclaimed. But he's not believing it. [I better talk to Peng than to talk to a liar and so full of herself!]

 

Yoona laughs but immediately dropped it and turned serious. "I'm serious Appa. Um... We... we just got official honestly. And I hope we can have your blessings... personally soon." she said and caught something in the corner of her eyes.

 

[No...you... kidding?] Mr. Im is slowly convinced.

 

Picking up the paper that caught her eyes, Yoona replied at the same time. "I am not. I'm serious Appa. We're really happy right now... It's beyond happiness I guess." her voice is soft and warm.

 

[W-Wow... that's... that's surprising. Omo, that means... I will have grandchild soon?]

 

"Yah! We just got official we're not yet married! How could you think of that right away?"

 

[Base in your happy voice right now, I will really have a grandchild soon. I can't wait. Congrats Yoona! Take care of that relationship!]

 

Chuckling, Yoona almost want to curse to her father if she didn't changed her mind, "I'm sure going to do that, Appa. I can feel it... Peng is my first and last love."

 

[I'm happy for the both of you.]

 

Yoona sighed. "Thanks, Appa." with a satisfied and proud smile.

 

[You heard me already. I'm giving the blessings for the both of you. But yeah, still looking forward to see you both in person. Probably this coming holiday?]

 

"That's like 5 months from now. Hmm, why not?"

 

[Aigoo, that's still a long wait. But I can wait. Always take care of each other okay? And please, if there are misunderstanding... don't let your emotions beat you. Talk and listen, that's the key to a good relationship. And of course, love each other dearly. Without the main meal... there's no reason for that.]

 

Yoona's heart flutters. This must be the first time she heard her father advising her like this. How grateful she is. "Yeah, I'll keep that in mind, Appa. You can trust me on that."

 

[Ara, I'm already late for my next appointment. I'll call you one of these days again. Glad to hear you're enjoying your stay there.] 

 

"Yeah. Take care of yourself always as well. Um, eat on time and don't you dare skip a single meal."

 

[I'm still so strong Yoong, don't worry about me. Tell Peng to do that as well.]

 

"Aigoo... whatever. So I think I should hang up now."

 

[Definitely. I love you sweetheart.]

 

Yoona smiled at the familiar nickname. Her father always call her like that back when she's still a kid. But now she has grown up, she rarely hears it. It brings her back to her childhood again but at the same time, she missed her father. "I love you too Appa~" replied her sweetly with an aegyo at he end. And with that, it was her father who ended the call. She sighed and casually unfolded the paper she had been holding in her free hand.

 

A letter was in the paper and she really recognized it. But apart from that, the two tickets of a romantic movie is also included. "She saw this last night too?" She talked to herself and reads the letter through her mind only.

 

Last night was unexpected; you confess and I revealed who am I really. Unfortunately, it didn't went well - and so I went home alone and feeling so depressed. Although I have said this for so many times, Yoongie... My apologies. It's not really easy to make somebody hurt because it also hurts you. That's why I felt so regret about it. My mistake for keeping it for a long time.

 

But I am glad you are now okay about it. And that you have forgiven me. I promise, from this on, I won't ever hide anything from you. I will always be true to myself. So there will no chance for heartaches. ^^

 

To make it up with my mistake, let's go see the movie you are supposedly planning for us last night. ^^

 

Seo Joohyun.

 

P.S. I love you my Yoongie <3

 

Yoona felt that giddiness inside her again. Not only by the letter but the cute drawing of two girls holding hands and a heart is between them. Seohyun's really good at art too. Not surprising she took Fine Arts. So she has an artist girlfriend. Moreover, Her Peng is now so comfortable showing her affection. It's really a good decision to make them official now.

 

Putting the letter down to the night stand, she casually walked to the girl's shower room. She gently pressed her ear and heard faint noises of the water flowing. "Peng..." she called out softly.

 

"Hmm?" came Seohyun's instant reply.

 

"Do you really mean this letter?" She teases.

 

"I wouldn't wrote that if I am not." Seohyun mocked.

 

Softly giggling, Yoona knocks on the door. "So today?"

 

"Would that be possible?"

 

"After my training today?"

 

"Sure."

 

"How about you? Do you have it today?"

 

"Nope. After our extended practice last night, our coach decided to give us a rest." Seohyun happily informs.

 

Yoona gasps. "Whoa, Chincha? So you can watch my training today?"  happy to hear her girlfriend is free.

 

"It depends."

 

"Huh?"

 

"It depends on my mood." Seohyun playfully replied back.

 

"Yah! Seo Penguin!" Yoona yelled in compliance. But she heard nothing but her laughs. "Aish, this girl." She could simply kick the door and walks to her closet to change into her uniform. She only have an hour to prepare for school. But just as she was about to open the closet, a sudden pain in her head struck her, causing for her to held her head. "Ugh, I'm not yet done with this?" she mumbles groaning. Truth is, she woke up earlier to only have a bad heache. Daniel only give her coffee for hang over. It did effect, but it's not enough as she can feel the pain again. She lifelessly went to Seohyun's bathroom door. Just as she was about to call for her, the door opens. "Do you have pain reliever? My head is aching." she didn't hesitates and share about her headache.

 

"Why are you having headaches?" Seohyun worriedly complied, going back to her bathroom to take the medicine from the cabinet.

 

Yoona is still holding her head with one of her eyes close as she answers, "I... drink with Daniel last night to be honest." 

 

Seohyun's head turned automatically to her girlfriend. "What?! You drink alcohol?" as she felt upset that instant. She went back to her handing the small tablet medicine. "I hate someone drinking just because of a problem." She can't help it but glare disappointingly.

 

"I know. Although you did it in Paris." Yoona pout her lips.

 

Seohyun chuckles. "It wasn't the same case! The wine was already there!" but defended herself.

 

"Really? You know it was actually because you're upset we couldn't get ourselves alone with people keeps on ruining our day!" Yoona revealed with a stuck of her tongue. She then animatedly runs downstairs before Seohyun could hit her or something.

 

Seohyun was left flustered and embarrassed. "She... knew... why I drank that time?" as it seems new for her? "Heol, no wonder I throw up on her." But she quickly realized the reason of her behavior that time. "Aish!!! She doesn't have to remind me." stomping her feet, she walks to her closet and open it. She sighed and brushes off what Yoona teased and got a pair of clothes to wear for the day.

 

Yoona went back upstairs only to see her girlfriend heading back to the bathroom to change. It was their rule in the dorm to change in their respective bathroom. But now that they're a couple, some naughty thoughts crosses Yoona's mind. 

 

"Peng, why don't we just casually change in our room instead of... entering there just to change. You know, we're a couple after all. I tell you, I won't drool over your perfect body."

 

"GET LOST YOONGIE! THAT'S NOT GONNA HAPPEN!" Seohyun shouted.

 

"I was just kidding." Yoona chuckled and knocks on Seohyun's door twice. "I'll wait in the living room." before she also takes her chance and change into her uniform, finally.  

 

 

***

 

 

Yoona accepted the helmet her girlfriend handed first before she reminds her, "Four sharp. You have to be on time." as if she's a leader.

 

Seohyun bows 90 degrees. "Okay, boss Yoongie. I will keep that in mind. What else do you want to remind me?" she smiled brightly.

 

"Hmm... " Pretending to think of another thing, Yoona put her finger under her chin as she avert her eyes to her reflection over the side mirror of the scooter. She can see herself smirking.

 

Seohyun crossed her arms and waited. At the same time suspiciously watching her girlfriend. She's sure this girl is up to something bad or... worse? But she hoped not. As time passes when she's still on her thoughts, she felt nervous. It looks like an important reminder? Or what?

 

"Ah! I almost forgot." Yoona snapped a finger as she turned again to face Seohyun, who looked at her attentively. "Call me before lunch. Let's have lunch together via face time. Hmm?" her eyes formed into a crescent moon.

 

Seohyun literally kicks on Yoona's scooter, almost knocking it down if Yoona didn't immediately held the scooter and keep the balance. "I almost thought you're going to say something important!" she yelled out.

 

Yoona chuckled."Why are you so serious? I was only playing around. Y-Yah! Comeback here! I am not yet done!" but she got alarmed when Seohyun turns around and started walking away. "Aish." Sensing the girl would never turn on her back or stop anymore, she steps out of the scooter and quickly catches her up, she turns her around on her arm, stopping the girl from walking. "Okay I'm sorry. It wasn't that honestly."

 

"Then  what?" Seohyun creased her brows nonchalantly. She crosses her arms in the process.

 

Yoona did not warn and opens the younger girl's messenger bag. She then took out the blazer and casually put it around the girl's shoulders.

 

"Wae?" Seohyun confusedly stared back to her girlfriend.

 

"You're a cheerleader and I know you have gained some admirers or even students that will check on you... or drool on you. Always put that." Yoona possessively reminded. "Don't expose your bare shoulders."

 

Seohyun was about to laugh but ends up smiling. "I'm a cheerleader indeed but I'm not like the others who has a lot of fans. I'm still new, you know." she informed as a fact. Ever since she started being one of the cheerleaders, she didn't notice any changes except for her classmates are proud of her seeing her in the school's cheerleader club.

 

"Even so. Who knows in the coming of days? Especially in the upcoming match? I'm pretty sure you'll get-"

 

"Stop blabbering things that won't happen." Seohyun put her forefinger against her girlfriend's lips, shutting her up. "I appreciate the care Miss Im Yoongie, but it's not really happening, hmm?" She reassured. Although it really made her heart flutter Yoona is possessive over her as well.

 

Yoona sighed in defeat. "Another thing." and she has something in mind again. She's poking her nose as while she's reminding, "..always listen to your professors. Be attentive and participate to the class if needed. Be always confident in front of the class and... stop thinking of me first and focus." she ended it with a playful reminder.

 

Seohyun cupped Yoona's face and shake her head, "Aww, my girlfriend is so sweeeeeettttt." she also squeezes her cheeks.

 

"Yah!" Yoona eventually stepped back to avoid the asault from her girlfriend. She scoffs touching her face, couldn't believe what just happened.

 

Seohyun victoriously laughs. "That's for being so sweet. But anyway, I'm always attentive though. And for your information, I'm not always thinking about you. I'm thinking about my lessons if I'm in the class, unlike you." she pointed at her.

 

"Unlike me? What?" Yoona grinned. She pulled Seohyun again close to her, without breaking their eye-contacts. She didn't think twice and peek the girl's pair of lips. Being in a public place in a different country seems better than in their own country people doesn't bother about them. "Your highness."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter