F O C U S: 24

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

24 | It's Over.

 

Sigh~

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I have to go." 14 years old Seohyun sadly informed her new friend. Though she still want to stay with her, she thinks it's already late. And to see the ice cream parlor have already closed, it's time to go home.

 

"Why? You don't want to play with me anymore?" Yoona is sad to know Seohyun have to go home already. She is new in the neighborhood, so she has no friends yet. "It's still early."

 

Seohyun frowned. "Early? It's already 9pm. I didn't even told my brother I left the house."

 

"Oh, Sorry." Yoona says with a pout. She handed Seohyun's manga back.

 

"Um, I'm sorry as well. I didn't mean to act that way." The younger girl had a bit of lip realizing what she just said. She accepted her manga back. However, she give it back. "It's yours already - you don't need to give it back." She flashed a lip-smile, shyly.

 

"We're still going to see each other again, right?"

 

Seohyun confirmed Yoona's question through a bright nod. She took her stuffs in her arms and get on her feet.

 

"But where are we going to meet again?" Yoona also stands on her feet, wondering where and when are they meeting each other again.

 

"We can see each other here again." Seohyun stated.

 

"In this ice cream parlor?"

 

"Of course." Seohyun showed her pinky finger. "So we have to promise each other."

 

"But when are we meeting each other?" Yoona just can't wait to meet her new friend and hang out once again. "Do you have a phone? Let's exchange numbers." She suggested.

 

"No. I'm sorry. But we have a landline number."

 

"What?" Yoona couldn't hold her excitement. She took her phone out from her pocket and give it to the younger girl.

 

Seohyun shyly smiled amusingly at the girl in front of her. She took the device and typed the landline number. She then give it back with a reminder. "I'm only at home around 5 and 'till midnight."

 

"I know, because you're studying." Yoona says, knowing it well. Having a good get know each other with the latter earlier seems helping.

 

"You do know about me already, eh?"

 

"Besides your family background, your hobbies and your favorite musical instrument - Yes." Yoona proudly says, patting her own chest.

 

Seohyun could no longer think of anything. She ends up chuckling and give Yoona a brief hug. She then pulled back and smiled. "I'll see you back... soon?"

 

"Definitely. But hold on." Yoona's turn to show her pinky finger. "Can we do it?" She asked, a bit awkward with the lateness. 

 

With no doubts, Seohyun tangled her pinky promise with Yoona's. They both hold it up and down, staring into each other's eyes with brightly, and somehow got mesmerized. They then let go of each other's finger and stepped back away from each other.

 

Casually, Seohyun turned first then Yoona did right away. Both girls seemed a bit hesitant to go home - but sooner or later - they walk away, with Yoona on the right and Seohyun on the left side.

 

-

 

It's been quiet weeks now ever since the last meeting of Yoona and Seohyun. Yoona who is having her lonely summer couldn't think of anyone but to miss her new friend. There was something on the younger girl that she really couldn't stop and think of her. Maybe the way she act unique and really adorable when she's shy. Or perhaps the way she looks at her. She has beautiful eyes and soul. She feels likes she wanna bring her at home and keep her.

 

"Yoong, something wrong?" Mr Im asks his daughter, as he realized his daughter is staring into her food only, instead of eating it.

 

Yoona made a little groan. "My friend."

 

"Who?"

 

Yoona mentally scolded herself as she realized she had never share about her new friend in their new home. She awkwardly smile as she answers, "Seo Joohyun. Or Seohyun. I call her like that since she said her close friends call her that nickname."

 

"Seo Joohyun?" Mr. Im was a bit surprised upon hearing the name. The full name to be precises. 

 

"Wae? You know her?" Yoona was more than surprised.

 

"Well, You know father's work right? I have this two Agents that... that just died because of a mission." Mr. Im hesitantly shared. He never shared anything from his work. But to hear his daughter is making friends with a Seo, he needed to.

 

"Chincha? So... Seohyun's parents are actually an Agents?"

 

"I just said it. When did you meet her?" Mr. Im got interested. He never imagined this could be possible.

 

"Um, a couple of weeks ago. We... we kind of have met in an ice cream parlor. She's... she's a bit happy to somehow hang out with me. Appa, do you know her well?"

 

Mr Im shake his head. "Not at all. But I once have a talk with her. She's a nice girl, Yoong. Yet, quiet shy but... really pretty. She got her beauty from her mother." He praised at the same time. "So is this the reason why you can't eat yet? What's wrong?"

 

Yoona sighed. "Just that... I will call their landline but only the maid in the house will answer. She would always says she's already sleeping. And sometimes, she's in her piano room - doesn't want to be disturb. Do you think there is something wrong with her?" she has no idea why she felt so concern, but it's what she's feeling at the moment. It's bothering her.

 

"Yoong, she just lose her parents. I would assume she's still in the process of moving on. Just wait patiently, she would talk to you soon."

 

"I thought of visiting her. But I don't know where is her home." Yoona let out a disappointing sigh.

 

"I said it, wait until it's her who will open up and call you." Mr. Im reached for his daughter's hand, giving it a gentle squeeze. He flashed her a warm smile. He had never seen his daughter being concern to just someone she met - it's a rare sight. The last time she saw her like this, when her mother got sick that actually killed his wife. The latter's concern seemed the same.  

 

Yoona also smiled, as she looked down to her food, still couldn't able to have the appetite. Mr. Im retracted back his hand and finished his meal. Just then, Yoona heard her phone rings in the living room. Her head instantly lifted up, as she shared stares with her father.

 

"Well, do you think it's her?" Mr. Im teased with a grin.

 

"Yeah, we'll see." Without wasting a single second, Yoona rushed to the living room and picked up her phone. Her instincts were true after she reads the number of the caller. She immediately pressed the screen of her device as she answers, "Seohyun-ah! How are you?" She barely could really put her voice low and ends up shouting a bit? But in a good way. "It's been a while?"

 

[Yeah, I'm so sorry Yoona... Um, are you available tonight?]

 

"I'm always available for you -- I-I mean... Yeah, sure. Why not? Hehehe." Yoona feels like smacking her own forehead for uttering such words.

 

[Can we met at the Ice Cream Parlor again?]

 

"What time?" Yoona is like an answering machine, that would instantly answer a question or anything.

 

A giggle was heard over the next line before a soft and angelic voice was heard from Seohyun again. [There's only 30 minutes of walk from my house, so... 5:30pm.]

 

Yoona just couldn't stop her big smile. "Alright, I'll be there in 30 minutes as well. See ya." She said and ended the call that instant.

 

"So you're meeting her?" Mr. Im who had been listening asked, as he walks in.

 

"I only have 30 minutes to prepare and to go there." Yoona said in a fast manner, as she rushed upstairs and animatedly entered her room. She opened her closet and only picked up her jacket and change on her pajama pants to a blue jeans. She hurriedly change to a sneakers and only fixed her hair a little before she quickly rushed out, only giving her father a salute and completely left the house. That was good 28 minutes. 

 

She arrived in the ice cream parlor, just in time 5:30 strikes. And in that moment also, Seohyun has just arrived together with her. The girl is on her black skirt, but white top and simple shoes. Her hair was black just like the last time she saw her. But the difference is, her hair is being braid, like she's a princess - at least in her eyes. She is really prettier than the last time she saw her. She can't help it but smile, and was really mesmerized.

 

"Ha-Hi." She waved, a bit shy, all of a sudden.

 

"You arrived just on time like me." Seohyun smiled, praising the doe-eyed. She thought she would wait. But no, she didn't seem want to make her wait. "It's nice to see you again, Yoona."

 

Yoona gulped nervously as she answered back, "You know you can just call me, Yoong. We're now... friends... right?" or rather, she is asking her to call her nickname.

 

"Okay, Yoong~ Um, Do you like to have ice cream?" Seohyun offered, comfortably.

 

"5 scoops?"

 

"Absolutely." replied Seohyun with a quiet giggle. 

 

Yoona then opened the door for Seohyun, letting her in first before she does. The girl complied and she followed suit right away. "5 scoops." They both said in unison as soon as the vendor asked them. They smiled and chuckle at their antics, waiting momentarily for their order.

 

As soon as they got their ice creams, both girls settled down to the nearby table, where they can see the outside. The store is not so big, so they can have a good view in the road. 

 

"So why do you called?" Yoona asked in curiosity, on her ice cream at the same time.

 

"I thought about... unwinding." Seohyun answered simply, having her own ice cream. She shifted her gazes outside and sighed. "It's not easy to be always at home and you can only see the memories of your parents. My brother on the other hand, he's messing up. I'm trying my best to move on, but it's indeed hard - especially that you grow up in their love. It's really... unacceptable still."

 

Yoona thought her father was right. Her friend is still in the process of moving on and accepting the death of her parents. She can somehow see herself as well towards her - when she loses her mother. It took a year for her before she completely accepted it. This must be the reason why she's too concern for this friend. Reaching for the girl's free hand, she give it a comforting gentle squeeze. The girl look back at her and smile.

 

"That's why I wanted to see you. I feel like, if I'm with you, I could smile again. You could be the reason for me to stop thinking about it too much. And I feel like, if I'm with you, I could easily move on." Seohyun can no longer take it and open up her feelings. When she had her first hang out with this beautiful soul, everything seemed really good again. As if, at home, she has no problem.

 

"I'm flattered. That's why, I also hurried here and meet with you. I want to see how was my friend again." Yoona says, sincerely.

 

Seohyun on her ice cream before she answers, "Do you want to read my new manga?" yet, only means for another round of laughter, teasing, and more -- which they can only share if they are reading another story.

 

"Game." Yoona who has no interest back then, is now so interested with the younger girl's hobby. She's having fun anyhow - there's no way she will decline.

 

Satisfied with her friend's reaction, Seohyun retracted her hand from the doe-eyed and opened her sling bag. She put her three new mange and right then, they started to read it loud for themselves.

 

-

 

Yoona find herself staring back to a lovely girl just sitting next to her, while the latter is enjoying herself - feeling that cold breeze from the nature. She can't seem to believe, that she's here with her. Not just lovely but angelic with her all white dress. 

 

"Stop staring at me." The girl softly uttered, slowly tilting her head to face her. She squinted her eyes, couldn't spell the doe-eyed girlfriend.

 

"I know what you are talking about."

 

"What?"

 

"The number of manga you've read - No we've read over the summer season." Yoona sneered, as she remembers it.

 

"That's not only about that. I don't know the other numbers, but I realized it is related to our friendship." Seohyun softly uttered. "And you may only remember it as I continue to make you remember the stuffs you've probably lost."

 

Yoona's eyebrows scrunched. "Lost?"

 

Scooting closer, Seohyun pointed her finger to the older girl's head. "You may have lost it here, But... here... " she pointed to her chest. "I know you never lost it here. Get that?" her eyes formed like a crescent moon. She believes the cause of these lost memories was because of how she created the bomb. And it's definitely connected to their friendship.

 

Yoona made a few blinks before she gets it. She took Seohyun's hand and place it on her chest. "You've been always here, Seobabes." she sweetly says.

 

"Now come." Seohyun stand on her feet, pulling Yoona up together with her.

 

"Where?" Asked Yoona, as she let her girlfriend pulled her. They both climbed down the tree house, and quickly Seohyun let go and ask her to follow her footsteps. She chuckled, following in the process.

 

 -

 

6.28.2011

 

A big grin plastered the doe-eyed girl's face when she remind herself again about her gift in a box next to her. Looking outside, she can see the gate of the Seo residence is open. Then, she recognized some of their classmates entering. It's her best friend's birthday celebrating - so no surprising.

 

"If you love her, then don't hesitate and show it to her. We never know, she has the same feeling."

 

She was reminded by her Uncle's words, that she had shared the last time about her feelings. She feels like confessing tonight, so she can no longer feel this anxiousness inside her heart. 

 

"Fighting Yoona." Cheering herself up, she picked up the cake and hop out of her car. She took a deep breath a bravely walks her way to enter the Seo Residence. She was immediately recognize by their classmates, which she can't help it and also greet them. She made some few chats with them here and there, until the birthday girl came out in the garden, wearing such a gorgeous dress that everyone got mesmerized. Yoona herself, almost doesn't want to close . Seohyun wearing a red gown, curly hair and yes, that gorgeous smile - it's all perfect in the doe-eyed's eyes. She felt like had dry.

 

When Seohyun's eyes meet hers, her heart just did a lot of back-flips. She smiled back somehow, couldn't ignore her best friend's smile as well. 'Yeah, why is she so angelic? I feel like fainting at any moment right now. But no, Yoona you must act cool. You are Seohyun's best friend that everyone adores. hehehe' She chin up and just stood there, waiting for Seohyun to stop her speech.

 

When it was done, everyone in the garden unfortunately crowded Seohyun to give their gifts. There was a maid that would accept it for her. Yoona stood in the corner, looking down to her simple gift. Everyone seems to give her best friend expensive gifts while hers... a cheap cake?

 

Yoona felt a bit conscious. She changed her mind. She hide the box behind her, and just watch all of their classmates, handing their gifts and proceeding the buffet. Yoona stood like one of those guards in the corner - but who cares. She can not give her gift. It will only just embarrass her. When suddenly there's only one classmate left, she panics. She looked around and decided to hide behind that bodyguard, standing so still. 

 

Seohyun just ended her conversation with her classmate quickly look for Yoona. She frowned when she did not see her in the corner of the garden anymore. "Um, Where's Yoona?" She asked to her personal maid who immediately shake her head to answer her question. 

 

The guard who is standing in front of Yoona moved to the left, but Yoona followed him again. He moved to the right again, the latter followed behind him for the 2nd time.

 

"Yoona?" The action didn't left Seohyun's eyes. She approached that guard Yoona is currently hiding. The guard moved to the left, reveling her best friend with her infamous bright alligator like smile. "What are you doing there?" She asked her, reaching for her free hand and pulled her lightly, for 5 steps. 

 

"Nothing. I'm just - Yeah, Happy Birthday Seohyun-ah." Yoona sheepishly greeted. Her left hand that was holding the box is still behind.

 

Seohyun was about to say 'thanks', but she noticed, Yoona's left seemed a bit shaky? And why is it hiding at her back? She creased her brows, bewildered. "What is it behind you?" she pointed.

 

"What behind?" Yoona only turned her head. "The guard?" But she regretted as Seohyun snatched the box she was holding immediately. She wanted to snatched it back but the girl already opened it. She looked down in shame.

 

Seohyun has her flushing the moment she saw the cake. And apparently, the cake has a text of;

 

I love you, Seohyun

 

xoxo Yoona.

 

"Aww, you're such a sweetie Yoong. I love you too, best friend." Seohyun smiled sweetly, loving the simple gift from the only girl that made her see the life in the bright side.

 

Yoona looked up and meet with her eyes. "That's... that's it? I said I love you." She said it clearly, but Seohyun simply smiled. "Aigoo... " Her heart was just broke into pieces. How could she let her open the cake when the latter honestly just see her as a friend? Best friend?

 

"Why? is there anything that I should say more? I really appreciate this, Yoong. I love it. Who made this? Did you bake this? Or not?" Seohyun asked, wondering if it came from Yoona's effort.

 

Yoona sighed disappointingly. In this day, she felt like friendzoned. "Yes. I-I mean... Um... I made the cake. I hope-" she stepped back a little and couldn't able to continue her words when Seohyun pulled her for a tight hug. Smiling, a bit sad, she wrapped her arms around her slim waist as well. Not as tight as the girl doing to her, but at least, she knows she liked the hug as well. They're best friends after all. 

 

"Thank You. I'm always thankful, Yoong. I don't know what to do without you by my side. I swear, I really appreciate everything you do for me. I hope someday, I could repay this." Seohyun whispered to Yoona's ears, sincerely. Ever since that summer, she never really think she can even survive in high school without Yoona guiding her. It's just too lucky for her she met this kind of a friend. Really rare. And she's definitely a special friend.

 

Yoona just decided to shrug whatever was she feeling inside. She grabbed her hips, but only to push her gently away from her. She looked at her with a friendly smile. "We should eat now, I'm hungry." she said instead.

 

"Aish. I thought you are going to say something as well." Seohyun chuckled. Yet, she grabbed Yoona's hand and bring her to the buffet, while she holds the box in one hand. How happy she is tonight.

 

Yoona is sighing, as she feels like just leaving though. But she couldn't. It's 6.28- her birthday. She shouldn't disappoint her best friend. Thus, tonight is the night she was friend-zoned.

 

-

 

Catching on her breath, Yoona stumbled and dropped on the ground, sitting on her bum.

 

"Hey, what happened?" Seohyun immediately rushed to her girlfriend's side and check on her. They're at the cliff of the mountain, sightseeing the magnificent view of the entire Island when Yoona just suddenly acted like that. "Did you remember anything?" She wondered if Yoona did. 

 

Taking her last deep breath, the doe-eyed girl look at her girlfriend intently. "Did you intentionally brought me here so I could remember it?"

 

"Well, I just thought bringing you in this place will honestly make you relax. Will give you an opportunity to remember the lost memories." Seohyun explained. Like she said, she's helping he girlfriend remember the passcode.

 

"6." Yoona muttered softly. "The last thing I saw in that memory is 6." 

 

Seohyun felt like she succeed. "Chincha? What kind of memory is this?"

 

"The... " Yoona pauses, hesitating. However, she must say it. "In your birthday last June 28,2011... I said I love you but you think it was only a friendly manner. That time, I've already said it more than just a friend."

 

Seohyun who had no idea how was Yoona feeling that time, stared deeply into Yoona's eyes, for quiet a couple of seconds, doesn't know how to react.

 

"You don't have to say anything. I mean, I think that doesn't matter anymore. We are here already - loving each other dearly. This is what matters most here." Yoona stated, didn't feel any disappointment anymore. Knowing now her best friend loves her as much as she do, she is full of love now - unlike the last time.

 

"Yeah, but I'm sorry if I unconsciously hurt you that night." Seohyun remembered that night, of course. 

 

"No need. You're so funny." Yoona chuckled, amusingly. 

 

Seohyun smiled, contented with Yoona's reaction. Before she knows it, the girl tuck her with her embrace. Again. She sighed, resting her head on her shoulder. Being in Yoona's arms is always been the best place to be. The surroundings are long forgotten, as they enjoy each minute passes by.

 

 

 

 

The birds' chirping, wind brushing her features and arms, a genuine smile spread across Yoona's lips as she woke up from such a good dream. But later then she pouted, disappointed that it was just a dream. Her girlfriend that was on a white dress was all gorgeous - oh how much she wish that was real - that she's really in her side? In the Island? Too bad and she ain't really with her.

 

However, she still felt good despite being disappointed. She stretch her arms and stands on her feet, as a huge yawn escape . "Life is good." muttered her momentarily. "Oh, the rain was gone? Just when?" then, she realized the little rain earlier is no longer there. 

 

Before she can think of going down the tree house, she heard her phone ringing under her pants. She casually brought it out and quickly answered it.

 

"Appa!"

 

[Lunch is up.]

 

"Oh, Hold on. I'm going there now." She did not wait for any answer as she ends it right away. She then climbed down the tree house, consequently jogging back to the house.

 

She arrived in the dining table, only to see her father setting the table with chopsticks and utensils.

 

"Thanks for the food Appa." Says her gratefully, taking her seat across her father.

 

Mr Im followed his daughter casually. But he immediately noticed the bright face in Yoona's face. "Something good happen?" And he must say, it regards to the bomb.

 

Yoona spoon-feed herself with a rice first before she answers, "6. I remember it's part of the passcode."

 

"Oh, that's good. Hmm, So 2 more?" 

 

"Absolutely." Yoona answered with such joy in her face. She was about to eat again when her father have another question.

 

"But I sense this wasn't about this as well? Tell me, what exactly happened in your dream?" Mr. Im has no idea why he felt there's something more on Yoona's bright mood, but he kind of interest to know.

 

"My girlfriend, I feel like she visited me on my dream to help me remember the memories I needed to get back." Yoona informed, didn't mind and have a spoon full of rice on , staring brightly to her father.

 

"No wonder." was all that Mr. Im could say - loving the sight of his daughter though. Which means, she isn't really pressuring herself. It was a good decision and they transferred the bomb in an unknown Island.

 

 

 

Hospital

 

 

Reminders:

No food allowed.

No camera allowed.

No illegal weapons allowed.

No touching of my sister.

Put on a visiting hospital gown and gloves.

 

And, just admire my sister's beauty. She's still beautiful even though she's still sick. ^^

 

"Is he serious?" Sunny just can't help and chuckle as she reads the paper posted on the door. 

 

"She's too protective br

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter