Happy Together: 03

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

03 | Butterfly 2.2

 

Yoona stopped on her tracks again upon sensing Paul is tearing up for the third time. She lowered herself and took her handkerchief out. She wiped them for him. For how many times she would tell him to hold it - Paul couldn't hold back.

 

"I'm sorry, Daddy." Paul sniffles, wiping his tears in the process. "I promise I won't shed tears again once we meet with the others." He promised for the 3rd time of the day.

 

"Paul, I should be the one who is saying sorry here. You don't deserve this. We are supposed to be so happy right now - but because of this... We couldn't." Yoona sadly uttered. She felt so bad seeing her son like this.

 

"I'm sorry-"

 

"Stop it. Don't say sorry anymore. For now, I know it's hard to keep it but I am asking for your cooperation. After this, it's okay. Hmm?"

 

Paul still has a sad face when he tried to smile. Yoona knew it was fake, but she was proud Paul take it maturely. Now the problem is Paul. She is afraid the latter will not just cry or anything.

 

"Come. Let's buy you some sunglasses. Your eyes are obviously red. They can ask you about that." Yoona got up and held Paul's hand. She gives him a gentle squeeze and bring him to the same souvenir shop. "What do you like?"

 

"Anything Daddy." 

 

Yoona mentally face palmed, upon seeing the low response by the young lad. She pats his hair and decided to get the normal sunglasses. She picked up 3 of them, so Daniel and Yoo Hyun won't feel envy of their sibling. She didn't wast time and pay for it. "There." and put it on him and gives him a Hi-5. 

 

"Paul looks handsome in this, Daddy?"

 

"Of course. So smile, Okay?"

 

Paul put on a little smile only.

 

"Well that's okay. I know it's hard, but we'll get this through. Thanks son." Yoona can't help it and kiss Paul his cheeks. He looks cute despite being sad. But deep inside, that wasn't of course. Taking her son's hand, she and him walks out the souvenir shop.

 

Meanwhile, in the ferry terminal, Seohyun, Danny and Yoo Hyun are already sitting on a bench the same with the others, waiting for any moment the ferry will comeback. Daniel just couldn't stop himself and keeps on looking to the entrance door of the terminal, waiting patiently for his twin and Daddy.

 

"Baby Danny, they're coming in a while. Will you calm down?" Seohyun chuckles at the sight of her son.

 

"But it has been 30 minutes. It's only a pee, right?" Daniel however realized the time though. They just only got their tickets for 15 minutes. Thus, Paul and Yoong Daddy haven't followed.

 

"Who knows they entered the souvenir shop again?" Seohyun guesses. She realized it just now. 

 

"Daddy and Paul bought more toys?" Yoo hyun's eyes sparkled in interest.

 

Daniel smiled so big. "That means more souvenir?" He got suddenly thrilled by the idea.

 

"Let's see it then. Just wait patiently." The young mother caresses her son's cheeks - loved seeing him this happy.

 

"I am." Daniel stated truthfully, as he glance over the entrance door again. Yoo Hyun also turned her head behind, to see the door. But her height is not allowing her to see well.

 

"Yeah, but you keep on turning back your head." Seohyun softly chuckles, earning a sheepish grin from her son. She looked down to her maknae, the latter is grinning widely more. "You can't copy your brother. Little Yoonie should just sit properly." She instructed. Yoo hyun complied and playfully squeeze the Spiderman stuff toy.

 

"Aigoo why so-so cute my baby." Seohyun couldn't hold back and pinch her daughter's cheeks.

 

"Yoonie should get more kisses." Yoo Hyun giggles, pinching her mother's cheeks as well.

 

"Oh! There they are!" Daniel exclaimed, pointing in the process. "But Paul is wearing sunglasses already." He excitedly got down from the bench and meet his twin halfway.

 

Seohyun and Yoo Hyun's attention swiftly shifted behind. Both have the same smile on their faces, as they watches Paul and Daniel wore the same sunglasses now. Yoona especially smiled to them, once they caught them on the bench.

 

"Omma you're right! Paul and Daddy stopped by the souvenir shop to buy sunglasses!" Daniel said a bit loud, as he casually walked back to their bench, with his twin and Daddy. "Isn't this cool?" chuckled him.

 

"See? I told you." Seohyun said.

 

"Why? What happened earlier?" asks Yoona, as she took a seat after the twins. Paul especially took his seat next to Seohyun and quietly embrace her without taking his sunglasses. 

 

"This kidwolf, keeps on glancing on the door - as if you guys won't comeback." Seohyun replied, as she put her one arm around Paul. She has no idea why Paul become so clingy. But she always like it if one of the twins are being sweet.

 

"Daddy no sunglass for Yoonie?" Yoo Hyun pout her lips.

 

"Of course you have. It's a Mickey sunglasses~" The doe-eyed exclaimed, as she brought out the last sunglass to her maknae.

 

"Kyaa!!! I have mine too!" Happy Yoo Hyun got her sunglasses and wore it with the help of her Daniel Oppa. Seohyun and Yoona giggles when she started to pose like a model in front of them.

 

Daniel also stood next to her and pose with Yoo Hyun -- Yoona immediately took her phone out and captured their poses on her phone. Paul is just so quiet, not minding what is happening. But Seohyun surely notices his sudden mood. Yet, she just didn't pay attention and keeps holding him.

 

Shortly, the ferry came - everyone entered and take on their seats respectively. While the ferry is now taking them to the Statue of Liberty Island, Seohyun can no longer take it and ask her wife about Paul's silence.

 

"What is happening to your son?" She whispered it to the doe-eyed while Daniel and Yoo Hyun are both sight-seeing the ocean. Paul is still hugging her,  burying still his face on her neck - which really so strange. She can sense something is wrong with him.

 

Yoona let out an audible sigh as she briefly glances to the quiet son of them. "He knew." whispered her back.

 

"What... did he know?" 

 

Leaning forward to her wife's left ear, Yoona added, "He accidently knew the sad news, hon."

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun gasped, almost made her voice raise - but she instinctively covered . Eyes are widened in the process.

 

Yoona slowly nodded. "He read the message earlier. The reasons why we came back late. I've ask him to keep it first. But he surely needs your comfort more Hyun."

 

"Oh god." Seohyun's heart slightly feel the ache. Paul pulled back and smile at her - she pulled him back and rubs his back. "Paul - Omma knows now. Don't think of it much baby..." She felt Paul's hug got tighten. "It's okay. It's okay son." She keeps on saying the same words, while comforting him. She would constantly kiss his head, and whisper it again and again. 

 

"Omma, is Paul alright?" Daniel cameback to their seat, realizing what is happening. 

 

"Um, yup. He's just a bit tired." Yoona answered in behalf.

 

"Chincha? But he's still-"

 

"Why don't we play some games first, Danny? While we kill the time."

 

Yoo Hyun and Daniel just immediately take their seats next to their Daddy. In Yoona's right, Daniel and Yoo Hyun took the right side. A smile made it's way in Seohyun's lips when she find out, the two aren't now paying attention to Paul. She continued comforting her son - until the latter's arms are softening. She's glad Paul is doing according to what she wants. Paul's heart slowly melted, the more he can feel his mother's touch.

 

Yoona made a secret glance to her wife, She flashed a warm smile - didn't regretted she told her to comfort their son.

 

 

"Whoa~"

 

Daniel and Yoo Hyun's mouth were agape as they both stood in awe, in front of the Statue they've been longing both to see. Paul who stood late next to his twin also looked up, but can't enjoy because of the sunglass and somehow, he can put a smile on his face. He's glad he can able to act like nothing happened now. Thanks to his mother. Daniel take it off for him, he almost want take it back - but Daniel already hide it behind from him. 

 

"You can't enjoy it well if you still wear this." Daniel explained.

 

"I am enjoying too ya know." Paul defend himself, avoiding his twin's eyes.

 

Daniel giggled and put it back on his brother's eyes. "Here, Paul sure loves sunglasses."

 

"Of course." Paul sheepishly giggled back. "Wait - where are you going?" heck, he frowns when Daniel suddenly runs away. Yoo Hyun who also runs back to their parents is dragging their Daddy close to the Statue like the others. He chuckled and followed - helping them bring their Daddy.

 

Seohyun couldn't help it and laugh out loud - watching Yoona dramatically doesn't like to stand close. She is recording the scene, likewise. Yoona's acting like she is scared is sure buying the kids. She's even glad that Paul had finally set aside the sad news. She's so proud of her son - though she really thinks he doesn't deserve it.

 

Before she knows it, her wife started running running away, that causes for the kids to shout, chases her while ask her to stop.

 

"Daddy! Hahaha!!!" The twins laughs.

 

"Kyaaa!!! Daddy!!!" Yoo Hyun's voice is so thin.

 

"Yah! Hon! You're giving them a hard time!" She shouted, hoping her wife would stop. She's just jogging in circles while the kids are trying to catch her.

 

"Who can catch me will have a reward!" Yoona announced, trying her best. That made the twins run as fast as they can. 

 

"Wait--Yoonie!" Seohyun stopped her maknae before the younger girl could do the same. And it didn't help as the latter tripped and dropped on her knees and hands. Her cries immediately followed afterwards. People around are staring. Seohyun consequently rushed to her and check on her. She had a little scrape on her knees and palms only.

 

"Omma!!!" Yoo Hyun cried so hard gaining much more attention around.

 

Yoona and the twins stopped, rushing in concern towards the two girls.

 

"What happened?" 

 

Seohyun did not answer, as she picked up her maknae in her arms and carried her to the nearby bench. Yoona and the twins are tagging along.

 

"Hon, give me the first aid kit." Seohyun instructed to her wife, who immediately got the kit from the backpack she had been carrying on her back.

 

"Omma going to treat this?" Yoo Hyun exclaimed in fear. "NOOOOO!!!" that made her cry more.

 

"Yoonie, that' just little." Daniel giggled, finding it cute for his sister to cry like that so hard.

 

Yoona sent her playful glare -- Daniel covered his mouth immediately. 

 

"It's going to be no more pain if I we treat this." Seohyun told her daughter. Yoo Hyun closes her eyes tight, bracing herself for the upcoming more pain, while holding her brothers' hands.

 

"This will be less painful, baby. I tell you." Seohyun reassured. She got a cutton wool and put a little water on it. Then, she gently pressed it against the right knee first, gently cleaning her daughter's small knees. She did the same on her palms. After cleaning, she applied some cool ointment that will not just heal the wound, but it will lessen the pain.

 

Yoo Hyun's eyes slowly opens as she feels unusual. It's not the same ointment, she realized.

 

"See? Your Omma knows it best." Yoona flashes a bright smile towards her daughter. She's sure the young girl is feeling the less pain now.

 

"Did Omma uses new ointment?" asked Paul, noticing it.

 

"I did. For our Yoonie here." Seohyun replied, while putting on a Band-Aid a few seconds after she let the ointment dry.

 

"So Yoonie should stop crying from now on." Says Daniel, squeezing his sister's soft hand. "There's no need to cry."

 

A cute pout can be seen in Yoo Hyun's face. She looked at her brothers then to her Omma and Daddy. "Omma Thank You." She softly says.

 

"How about me?" Yoona pointed herself.

 

"Daddy did nothing." Daniel joked. Hec overed his mouth with his free hand immediately when he saw her not amuse reaction.

 

"Aigoo, let's forget about that. Let's continue this trip - shall we?" Seohyun got on her feet, which also follows her family. "Follow Omma, Okay? No more play." She instructed.

 

Paul, Daniel and Yoo Hyun all saluted like a soldier. Seohyun giggles briefly and turned, marching consequently. The kids followed her like the way she marched her feet.

 

Yoona casually put the first aid kit inside the backpack before she also followed the others back to the Statue. In which, the kids all followed their mother when she poses like the statue. All of them are wearing the crown headband. 

 

"The three stooges and their mom." Yoona chuckled, couldn't missed the chance and keeps on clicking the camera of her phone.

 

Seohyun pose again with her hands on her waist and looking up, the kids followed while chuckling. 

 

"Yah! You're making a scene, Hon!" Yoona turned a bit red, embarrass with some few people checking on them. But she click her camera.

 

Seohyun does more until the kids and her got exhausted and went back to the bench, checking on their pictures one by one.

 

While they're on their own world, laughing, giggling and making a joke to each pictures, Paul had come to realize that the butterfly they saw earlier is staying in his shoulder. It was exactly the same that made him smile.

 

"You know what Paul?" Seohyun did not missed the butterfly and noticed it right away. Paul is sitting next to her - she wouldn't really missed it.

 

"Hmm?" Paul just hummed, looking up to his mother. He took a glance to the others, Daniel and Yoo Hyun are both too engross checking the pictures with their Daddy, that they're all unaware of the butterfly's presence again.

 

"I think the butterfly is your Grandpa." Seohyun continued with a sweet smile. She never thought the butterfly would come back. But it made her thought it might be Grandpa Im.

 

Paul blinked twice. "How come?" as he innocently reacted. He take look at the butterfly again, it wasn't moving, but it's staying on his left shoulder.

 

"I--"

 

"Omma! Paul! we're going around again!"

 

Seohyun chuckles once she heard Daniel's hyper voice. Yoona and her two kids are already from afar, she didn't even noticed it. She and Paul's conversation was cut short literally. And that also made the butterfly fly away again. She took her son's hand and supported him, as she and him got up. While they're following the others, Paul looked up and still can see the butterfly, seems like following them? The thought of his Grandpa, looking over them - made his sweet smile formed in his lips.

 

'Grandpa, If it's really you. Don't worry, we're coming back home soon. We'll see you again. Don't stop and continue look over us from above there. I love you and I miss you so much.' He says in his mind, still couldn't stop staring at the butterfly.

 

 

 

 

 

Yawning, Yoona tilt her head behind as she find the backseat was field with laughter. She just discover Paul and Daniel are playing with their sister through the headband crown. The little maknae doesn't like the headband at all - she just keepns on covering her face, doesn't want to see it. But the boys will tickle her stomach using it, would made her whine and the twins' laughter explode.

 

"The traffic is taking a long time, Do you think we can able to make it?" Seohyun asked, turning her wife's attention towards her.

 

"That place is 24 hours, Hon. Don't worry." Yoona reassuringly smiled, as she once again looked back behind. "Look at them, just doesn't care about the traffic." She commented, happy to see the kids are looking still so happy despite what they have during the day. She's exhausted now - but for the last stop - she has to go on.

 

"And I'm glad I can see our Paul is putting aside his sadness first." Seohyun softly uttered, in a low voice.

 

Yoona returned her gazes to her wife. "I can see it. What did you tell him, eh?" 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter