Call me Daddy: 34

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
     

 

34 | A birthday treat

 

 

[Hospital - 8 hours later]

 

 

 

A certain young girl stirred up from her sleep consciously. The first thing that comes to her mind, checking her little one just sleeping next to her. She let out a sigh of relief when she recognize his steady breathing - which she was grateful. Despite the pain in her heart, she's glad to see her son didn't left them. It was almost -- if Yul didn't save his son from giving his blood because he loses a lot of it before the operation. All of them are relieved, knowing that Paul was a strong kid despite his age. She was really proud of him. In Daniel's state, the doctor had undergo him for a debriefing, so he won't  be traumatize by what happened.

 

As of now, her son is in a stable condition. The only thing that they wished for, is to see him waking up after the operation. And to recovery from the shot he got at his back. The reasons why he is is in a sitting position, with a pillow behind him and another one for his head. It's so unfortunate night, yet she can not blame anyone.

 

Gently, she traces her fingers against her son's left palms. It was so soft, like a cotton candy. It made her heart just melt. She presses it against her lips, she whispered,

 

"Baby, please wake up now... we still have to celebrate Daddy's birthday. You promise right? You're going to give your gift to her. She will really like it if it's you who gave it. She and Daniel has been praying for your recovery so don't ya ever disappoint them, Hmm? Omma loves you - Omma misses the cute and handsome Paul. I'm really looking forward for more us. Omma promises to make up the years we've been apart, right? I am doing it baby. I am doing it. Wake up, I miss your smile,baby. I miss you so much." as much as she doesn't want to let her tears drop, her heart just can't let her. It really drops, dropping on her son's soft hands. But she gently wiped them off and kiss his hand again. She let out an audible sigh, as she looked back to her son's peaceful face. He was really so cute, even though he is hurt. Well, he looks like he isn't actually hurt with his angelic face.

 

Slightly pushing himself up, he leaned down to gently pressed her lips against his forehead. A smile creeps in her face, as she also kisses the tip of his nose and his baby cheeks. "Omma will buy you a lot of donuts the moment you wake up. That's a promise, baby." she whispered, before she stood straight and make sure his hands were back on his stomach.

 

Pushing the covers out from his body, she gently massages Paul's legs, and then his toes.

 

Just then, the door opens. Yoona walked in with Daniel in her arms, holding a baby milk.

 

"Omma, have Paul woke up yet?" ask Daniel, while he was suking on his milk. Like his mother, he's also the most concerned.

 

Seohyun turned to flash a happy smile to her son. "He hasn't -- but he promises later today, he will. So Danny will be happy."

 

"See? I told you. If Paul had promise, he will wake up." Yoona said, to Daniel. She put him down to the chair, opposite from his mother

 

"Chincha? I will be staying here, then. I wil wait until my buddy wakes up." said Daniel, as he looked at his brother's face. He giggles and poke at his shoulder. "Sleep well and wake up later, buddy. I will only be here."

 

"But you have to eat first before you guard him there." Seohyun reminded her son. Rolling up the covers again, only to his hips part, she briefly caresses her son's cheeks.

 

Yoona picked Daniel up again and proceeds to the couch nearby with Seohyun following. Both take the couch with Daniel at the middle. Reaching for the paper bag on a coffee table, Yoona and Seohyun brought the breakfast pack the mansion had sent over. 

 

"Omma, shouldn't we wake up buddy to ask him to have breakfast as well? And just tell him to sleep if he likes to sleep again." Daniel is really sad, watching his brother on the bed, while them, having breakfast. "He can't be strong anymore if he keeps on eating that dextrose, Daddy." He innocently stated.

 

Exchanging a brief eye contact with Yoona, Seohyun let out an audible sigh as she turned to him and cup his face. Yoona took this chance and prepare the breakfast.

 

"Wae Omma? We can't wake him up? We can't force him?" Daniel's sad pout just breaks Seohyun's heart. But she has to be strong. 

 

"We can't Danny. However, like I've told you, he will wake up later. So you have to see that, araso? Otherwise, you'll make him sad.

 

"But he has no breakfast. He won't be strong."

 

"The dextrose is his breakfast. When he opens his eyes, you'll see... he's already strong like you."

 

"That's because of the dextrose?" Daniel innocently smiled. Somehow, he understands it now.

 

"Hmm, yup. So we should also have ours now because he'll be really sad if we will not eat - you can't worry him once he wake up, right?"

 

Daniel made a couple of nods, as then, he looked back to his twin brother. "The dextrose is his energy. I see. I want to see how strong he is once he wake up later."

 

"We will see, Danny." Yoona softly speak up, handing the latter his own fork of egg rolls. "Daddy will also be here for Danny to be strong. Don't worry much, okay?"

 

Nodding his head, Daniel bit on his egg rolls gently. His mother was next to him, feeding him the rice. 

 

"By the way, Hyun. Your parents will be visiting later. You should go home first to have some good naps." 

 

"What if Paul wakes up when I'm at home? I don't want that to happen, Yoong." says Seohyun, without looking away from her son.

 

"But you have to rest. Later, you can just go back and continue looking after your son. My father will also be here - they can look over Paul. Come on, you can't get yourself sick as well." Yoona insisted. The look in Seohyun's face just break her heart too. She knows the latter hasn't been gone to a good sleep. Because ever since the operation, she has never left Paul's side. She was taking care of him ever since last night. 

 

Seohyun slowly looked at the doe-eyed, wearing a weary smile. "FIne. But later, I'm gonna comeback. I'll bring more pajamas for Daniel and Paul as well."

 

"Danny will be here, Don't worry Omma." Daniel smiled brightly, telling his mother he won't be leaving. "I will be here until my brother wakes up later."

 

Yoona reaches for her fiancee's shoulders behind Daniel, giving it some encouraging rub. The latter smiled, and mouthed 'I'll be fine.' Then she continue feeding her son. Like her, Yoona has a big heavy heart right now. The used to be so jolly family is now down because of what happened. However, certainly knows once Paul wakes up, everything will be brighter again. And she can feel it, later -- the kid will wake up. Tomorrow is going to be her birthday, that's definitely her wish.

 

 

 

===========================

 

 

 

"I'll walk your grandparents outside first - you stay here. Look over Paul."

 

"Yes, Daddy." With his playful salute, Daniel let his Daddy, and his grandparents left the ward. As soon as he saw the door closes, he jumps off his seat and rushes to the couch, wherein, his Airplane and his brother's airplane lies. He took Paul's and carry it to his bed. "Look Buddy, I got your Airplane. No, I'm not taking it, just like you said to Omma. Appa said I should put it here next to you so you will wake up anytime of the day. Hehe... Sorry I have to hide it earlier - because grandpa doesn't like me playing inside the ward. But I am not really playing it coz I know it maybe dangerous. So I'll just put it here - next to you. Okay?" giggling, he place the plane next inside the covers. So it was really next to him.

 

Looking back at his brother's face, he smiled but pouted immediately. "Lunch is over -- you skip lunch, buddy. I really think your dextrose isn't enough for you even if Daddy is saying it's giving you life. Why aren't you awake still? If that liquid up there is giving you energy, why Paul haven't open his eyes? Come on, I miss you already. I miss playing with you buddy." He took his hand and hold it. He can't help it and feel his heart warming up. "But you are hot. That means, you're waking up later, right? Hehe, please tell me when. I want to know when so I can countdown again. Nope, I won't say the wrong number anymore. I know how to countdown, ya know. hehe." Gently, he give his soft hand a gently squeeze. "Oh, Appa said he'll be here tonight to look over you. Don't hate Appa, why he is not around at this moment. It was because -- he is resting up after he gave his blood. Appa is your savior buddy. He is really our supper man. Daddy also wants to help but the doctor says her blood is not AB- like yours. Appa is AB- so he saves you." He felt so proud, having two fathers who are so concerned towards his brother. And he felt so grateful.

 

Looking back to their fitted small hands, he held them loosely a little -- but to his dismay, Paul suddenly hold him back. He got surprise and looked back at his twin brother. "You heard me, didn't you? Omo.Omo... Paul heard me." and that made him so happy. He leaned forward to his face and whispered, "Wake up now. Wake up now buddy. I love you." He kissed his forehead and smiled from ear to ear - feeling so happy that there's a progress on him. Like the doctor says, he will really wake up one within this day. And he seriously can feel it -- it's pretty soon.

 

He went back to his seat, holding his brother's hand still. "I won't leave, I promise. I'll just hold you back like you're doing to me right now." 

 

Outside, there was Yoona and Seohyun, who just arrived after her nap at home.

 

"He has never left the ward Hyun. I can see how much Daniel is keeping his promise. He really love him, I'm so proud. My heart is flattering watching him taking care of his twin brother." says Yoona with a happy heart, watching Daniel talking his brother while the latter hasn't waken up.

 

Seohyun has no more tears to let it drop - but she was able to smile, watching her twins. Watching Daniel like that is her pride as a mother. Aside from it, she was overwhelmed by the amount of love she got from Yoona's family and her family and friends.

 

"He's just like me - he's staying strong."

 

"I know right?" Yoona pulled her fiancee for a side hug. She began to her upper arm to give her comfort somehow. "That's why, I've never think he would be a cry baby after he had it last night. He would be strong for him, I know that."

 

Seohyun is more than thankful for Yoona. She has been staying in her side since last night. It's like they're real a married couple now. She even cancelled her appointments today just to take care of Paul and Daniel. And sometimes her. She really couldn't ask for more from a good girlfriend turned her fiancee. She must be so lucky a girl like her is so rare. She wanna spend the rest of her life with her. There's no more turning back.

 

"Yoong... "

 

"Hmm?"

 

Tilting her head to the deer, she whispers, "Thanks. You're such a great partner. Even though you fight with me sometimes."

 

"Tsk, what's the sudden sweetness?" Yoona felt so strange.

 

"No, serious. The engagement last night was really on point. Minus the ending part. It was just terrible to remember. Let's erase that part and focus to our engagement, Hmm?" Seohyun has a gorgeous smile. After a good shower and enough nap, there were no hints of tiredness anymore. She was refreshed again. "And you know, I've been thinking it ever since we've been living in the same roof. I didn't expect this would be too early. Your father is really something."

 

Yoona softly chuckles. "Is he? I thought you don't like him?"

 

"Of course, I like him. But he's unpredictable. I didn't expect it."

 

"I'm sorry about that then. He's just too happy that I have a girlfriend now -- and take note, a Seo." Yoona spoke with full confidence. Marrying a Seo is just so right for an Im, she thought.

 

"That's why he likes me, No?"

 

"Yeah?"

 

Yoona and Seohyun both chuckles. And with that, Yoona held her fiancee in her arms. She kisses her forehead and whispers, "I love you."

 

"I love you too." says Seohyun, as she rested her head to Yoona's neck. "And I love my sons. Watching them growing up with you would be so exciting. I love them so much, Yoong. I would never trade them to something else."

 

"I know, I know, I know... baby. The same way with you, I love your sons. They're just my nephew ya know. I wouldn't mind raising them like my own children. But Hyun... have I mention you something about your father?"

 

Seohyun's ears perked by the mention of her father. That instant, she looked at her fiancee. "What about him? Did he do something? Or-"

 

"No. He didn't. I just wanna tell you that... He... I mean, honestly during our celebration, he whispered something to me."

 

"About what?"

 

Yoona's cheeks turned a shade of red. She doesn't feel like continuing it, but since she had started the topic, she has to continue. So leaning forward to her fiancee's ear, she whispered, "He ask if we can give him another grandchild."

 

"What?!" Seohyun's voice really crack up, hitting Yoona's shoulder. "Paul and Daniel are naughty enough for me! I don't want another one!"

 

"Yah! He was only hoping to see another grandchild. He didn't mean like he wanted a grandchild right away. Plus, we have to buy a if we'll ever give him though. You know we are both girls." Yoona whispered the last two sentences, grinning widely towards her lover. 

 

Seohyun glared at Yoona. "And you like the idea?"

 

"Hmm, Yeah? Hehe...but it's up to you. You have to know I'm always the father."

 

Again, Seohyun hit Yoona on the shoulders, but she earned Yoona's kiss rather. Both giggles and end up hugging again.

 

"We'll think about that. But for now, let's focus on my son. He hasn't even wake up. I want to make up the years we've been apart first, before having another child." 

 

"I know, Boss. I always know that." whispered Yoona, holding her girl in place. Despite that they're in the hallway, no one is stopping them.

 

"Good." Seohyun feels like the happiest girl on earth, for having an understanding and loving fiancee.

 

Suddenly hearing a phone ringing, Yoona pulled away from their hugs and opened her phone. It was her father, she frowned to confirm it.

 

"It must be about Mr. Kwon's case." Seohyun muttered, quiet not interested actually.

 

"Yeah. Hold on a second." Yoona said as she answered the call afterwards. "Appa?" and while she answers it, She held her girlfriend through her right hand. Seohyun was holding back her hand, just listening to her silently.

 

[Are you free today?]

 

"Um, I'm in Paul's ward. Wae?"

 

[Well, the court wanted a statement from the Seohyun or you. Mr. Kwon had admitted his sin already.]

 

"Chincha?"

 

[Yeah, that's why I need you here at least. You can just leave Seohyun and Danny for Paul]

 

With a brief contact with her fiancee, Seohyun, Yoona answered. "Okay, I'll be there, Appa." And with that, she ended the call and put it back on her pocket. She pulled pulled Seohyun gently so she could kissed her on the lips. Seohyun smiled at the lingering kiss. "Appa wanted me there. I'll call you back about the case only."

 

"Okay."

 

"And don't forget to call me if Paul had woke up."

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter