Happy Together: 29

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

29 | Hurt

 

 

"I can explain."

 

For the first time after she thought he's alive, Yoona heard her father speaks, more reason for her to believe that indeed, it's not true he's dead. Who would carry so strong her daughter like that if it's a ghost right? And apparently, her daughter looks happy. Seohyun is not saying anything yet she can feel she's not surprised at all with this unexpected turn of events.

 

But how? That's a big question that comes to her mind and so as her heart that's apparently beating fast. 

Mr. Im took a step forward, but Yoona steps backwards.

 

"How? Why?!" Yoona could finally utter and speak for her side. Her voice is soft yet it's cold. She's apparently in mixed of emotions; part of her wanted to listen to her father, but part of her is mad, because for all she knows, he's dead - and that really breaks her heart. Not to mention, she already had given up everything just to choose the company. Because she has no more choice.

 

Putting Yoohyun down to the floor, Mr. Im composes himself and face his daughter. But before he can open his mouth to speak, Yoona beats him.

 

"Do you know what have you done to me? I almost thought of killing myself because I feel like my life has no more purpose when I loss you. It's as if, half of my body was taken away from me when I discovered I don't have a father anymore. I feel so horrible, thinking that I've never been a good daughter for you that you also left me. The worse, I feel like an orphan. I was in whole mess. And you know what? I give up everything because I have no more choice... I would have been happy right now because my father is alive... And I would have embrace you. However, something is telling me not to. Because I feel like I've been fooled. I've been fooled by your unknown intentions!"

 

"That's why-"

 

"Tell me, did you really intended this? Hurting me for your own good?" Yoona mocked, cutting her father's words intentionally. "Then Congratulations! You've succeeded. Look at me right now? Look at my life right now?! This must be part of your plan?"

 

Seohyun who is next to her wife wanted to say something when Mr. Im signals her to not. She changed her mind. However, her wife have seen it.

 

"Do you know about this also Seohyun?" Yoona's gazes averted to her wife, questioning the girl's honesty.

 

"Yoona-" Mr. Im tried to speak but Seohyun cut him this time.

 

"I-I just know Yoong. But please, listen to Appa first. Don't think--"

 

"Omma!!! Daddy don't fight please!!!" Yoohyun cried, can no longer take it.

 

Yoona mentally slapped herself for just noticing her daughter is still in the place. She ignored her father's advances to her and her wife as she picked up her daughter in her arms and hurriedly climb upstairs. Seohyun followed right away, calling for her wife.

 

Mr. Im was left dumbfounded and heartbroken. Because he knows, his daughter is mad at him with all of these revelations. He needs to come up with an idea on how to talk to her peacefully. He understands somehow. It's not easy to let someone forgive you right away, after what he had done. But he hoped, she would hear him out at least.

 

Taeyeon, Yul and Jessica who have been eavesdropping earlier let out sighs at the same time. 

 

"I knew this would happen." Yul mumbles, worried for his sister and felt sorry for Mr. Im.

 

Meanwhile, inside the master bedroom, Yoona is trying to make Yoohyun stop from crying while Seohyun is making a milk. She only did it easily and give the bottle to Yoohyun, who grabs the milk and started on it. 

 

Yoona went to the balcony and continue calming down her daughter. Her mind is clouded with her father and Seohyun having known it before her. Yet, can't continue with it, as her daughter is still sniffling and tears are dropping sadly from her eyes that she would constantly wiped off as well. So she brushes off what's in her mind and focus on her daughter. "Shshhsh... It's okay now. We're not fighting. Omma and Daddy loves Yoonie so much. Hm?" She kiss her cheeks without stopping from moving her hips, left and right and at the same time rubbing her back to comfort the girl.

 

Seohyun is sitting at the edge of the bed, watching her wife's back. 'Yoonie why do you have to ruin my plan though? Aish, I can't blame my baby. She's too young for this. Yoongie, please hear me out and your father. I can't take this, seeing you mad while you don't know yet the reason of this. You would understand if you hear Appa out. Aigoo.'

 

The room is so quite, but in the next room, Mr. Kwon intended to put the volume of the movie he and the twins are watching high. So they're not hearing whatever is going on outside. Just a couple of moments later, Mr. Im entered the same play room and made a shake when his friend looked at him. He took a seat next to Daniel and hug him quietly, so at least it will comfort him at the moment.

 

Mr. Kwon took his phone and sent his son a message. It didn't take a second and he got his reply.

 

Yul: [Yoona did not let her father explain his side. He's too mad, Appa. 

I think let's just go home. It wouldn't be a good idea if we stay still.]

 

Mr. Kwon sighed disappointingly.

 

-

 

"Yoonie,please - you're not going to sleep?!" After a while of attempting to make her daughter sleep, Yoona gives up. "I am still going back to the company, baby!" she hissed.

 

Seohyun hastily went to the balcony before her daughter could cry again. "It's okay. I can take care of her." she said, as she took their daughter from her Yoona. The little girl wrapped her arms around her neck, and continue on her milk, not even planning to sleep yet.

 

"I'm sorry. I-I... need to go." Yoona sadly and exhaustively informed. She leaned in and kiss Seohyun's forehead.

 

"Daddy stay." However, Yoohyun turned to her Daddy, pouting sadly and begging for her to stay. "Please... pwease... Daddy..."

 

"Yoonie, Did I-"

 

"Nooooo!!!" Whining, Yoohyun is crying again. She stretched her arms out for her Daddy, asking again to be carried. "Please Daddyyyy!!!!" 

 

Seohyun and Yoona's gazes have met. Seohyun smiled, meaningfully, which Yoona really knew. 

 

"Araso. Araso. Daddy will stay." Yoona took her daughter back to her arms and the girl stop sobbing - but was still sniffling.

 

Seohyun could only rub her daughter's head while staring to Yoona sympathetically. "Don't worry, she will sleep eventually." she whispered. The doe-eyed's lips pulled into a small smile, which she take as a sign that Yoona seems okay now. But she still can see that exhaust in her eyes. Her heart tugs, staring to it. Can't take just standing, she wrapped her arms around them, and kissed Yoona's lips sweetly. Just by the kiss, she can feel Yoona's current 'tiredness' and her heavy heart. She put her head on top of Yoona's shoulder, just like her daughter. Then, she started singing a song while swaying them together. Yoohyun also sings along with her.

 

"Twinkle... twinkle... little star. How... I wonder... what you are~ Up above the world so high... like a diamond in the sky~"

 

"Twinkle... twinkle... little star. How... I wonder... what you are~ Up above the world so high... like a diamond in the sky~"

 

Yoona can't help it and sigh, as her heart melted that instant. Seohyun's really her weakness no matter what. And of course, her own daughter, whose voice is so cute echoing her ears. It's amazing how Seohyun would put the situation just a piece of cake. No one can really beats her when it comes this. closing her eyes, she listened to their singing, feeling so overwhelmed. At the same time, lucky to have these girls in her life. However, she felt a pang in her heart when she recalled her father - which made her tears dropping again. In that moment, her mind flashes back from her childhood.

 

Flashback...

 

"Appa."

 

"Yes, Yoong?"

 

Yoona pulled her chair and took a seat. She looked at her father, who is also looking back at her, quizically. "I don't know what to put in here." she pointed to a blank space in her book she carried with her.

 

Mr. Im take a closer look to where could his daughter have pointed. His eyes went back to Yoona after he reads the question. "That's simple Yoong. It's only asking what do you like to be when you grow up."

 

"Like what? I don't understand Appa." Little Yoona crossed her arms, still so curious what's the meaning of the question.

 

"Aigoo, do you know what is Appa doing?" Mr. Im asked, showing the laptop's monitor, which he had been working on.

 

"Numbers? What's that?" Yoona asked, as she felt weird with the numbers she can see on the monitor.

 

"This is Appa's work. This is Appa's passion. Ever since your grandpa and grandma have transferred the company's ownership to me, I started loving this work. Well, to be honest... ever since high school, I've helped my parents building this company. And when it got bigger just like others out there, your grandparents decided to transfer it to me before they have left for good."

 

"Business Man?" Yoona guesses, though she already knew her father's profession.

 

"Exactly, honey." Mr. Im smiled in amusement to his daughter. "So what? What is my little princess want to be?"

 

Yoona looked back to her book, that has the question. She took her phone and looked at her father, who is smiling undeniably sweet towards her. She thought about what she had been into recently. A big smile plastered in her lips when she now understands what she wanna be. She then wrote it and showed it to her father.

 

"Actress? Really? Just like what you see on TV?" Mr. Im can't help it but chuckle. "And why?" However, he still wants to know the reason.

 

"Because I think it's fun? And... I feel like acting on every character makes me also learn to every person's character. You know, I could meet a lot of people too. I want to learn how does acting on a character feels, when it's so different from mine."

 

Mr. Im nodded in understanding. "That's quiet convincing. However, I hope you could handle the stress in being an actress. You know why? Actors and Actresses took a whole day to finish a filming. A whole day means, they don't sleep. And it took days or weeks according to what is being scheduled."

 

"Chincha? That's sound fun! Im Actress for the future!" Instead of being discourage, Yoona felt enthusiasm with the kind of job she will take in the future. She was about to add another words when her father lifted her up already and started spinning her around. She laughs so loud until it stopped. She has the biggest smile in her face as she cupped her father's cheeks. She pressed his cheeks together, which made the latter's eyes rolled up. "Appa so funny." she chuckles, releasing it right away.

 

"Whatever you like, you know I'm always here by your side to support you Yoong. Not just this, but also save you every time you are scared. Just call for Appa and I will be there right away."

 

Yoona sighed. "Promise?" showing her pinky finger.

 

"Promise." Mr. Im didn't hesitate and tangle his left pinky finger to his daughter's little finger. They both smiled to one another before He put his daughter and chases her around the mansion, the moment he runs away.

 

In the end, Yoona's the happiest -- because his father put aside his work and put his attention to her - playing with her until the sun have set.

 

End of Flashback...

 

Yoona snapped back from her own thoughts and find out she had been creating tears. She missed him - no doubt about it. And it's ironic how she wanted to talk with her father again - willing to listen to his reasons now. Well, all thanks to these two girls, making her realize about 'family'. 

 

"Yoong, she has already fallen asleep." Seohyun whispered, leaning slowly away from Yoona and her daughter. It's been 30 minutes now since they have been dancing along through her silly childish songs. 

 

Yoona just smiled, walking back to the bed with Seohyun tagging along. She gently place their maknae down to their bed, as her wife pulled the covers up on her chin. 

 

"I can't sleep with you tonight, so I think this little one will be your partner tonight." Yoona informed, a bit sad to say. However, she can't do anything. She has to save the company no matter what. 

 

"I know, I understand baby." Seohyun reached for Yoona's cheeks and give it a soft caress. "Don't get too stress. Take it easy okay? And... don't worry, I'll take care of them. Of our little girl tonight."

 

Yoona smiled sweetly. She took her wife's hands and drags her gently back tot he balcony. She exhaled before she speaks. "Tell me exactly when did you know my father is alive?" she asked, in a whisper - controlling her own heavy mixed of emotions inside.

 

Seohyun took her wife's hands and held them gently. It's good that Yoona's calm now, opening the topic again. "Baby... It's not me who knew first. It was your brother and his wife, then... I think the twins... before me and Yoonie, just earlier. Listen, we are planning to tell this to you also, however, your father insisted he will tell you if he's already ready. Baby, he didn't intended to do this to us. There's this reason that he wanted you to know first, before judging him. So please, I want you to talk him. Just not tonight, if you're not yet ready, but... pretty soon - Please? I know you're still-"

 

"I'm mad." Yoona confessed, truthfully. "Only him, not you nor our friends. You know, he had fooled you guys too."

 

"Yeah, I understand baby. Aigoo, my fourth child is being dramatic again." Seohyun cupped her wife's cheeks, squeezing it gently. It broke her heart seeing her wife like this. "But... listen to him first. Don't let your anger stays inside you for a long time. I'm certain, you will understand why he did this to you if you will just listen and understand... Why did he left us."

 

Yoona sighed. "I will - I am going to talk to him, but not right now. I want to rest my heart first. I'm already so stress in the company, and now this. I think I will go crazy in no time, baby." her lips pout so cute.

 

"Okay, not tonight. But I'm glad to hear that." Seohyun smiled, happy to hear her wife's decision. Her father can wait, she knows. "And I know Appa Im will wait for the right time."

 

Yoona pulled her wife over, embracing her again. "I'll comeback tomorrow. I'll... "

 

"Shshshs... Just call me when you are heading back or you need me, araso? You know I'll always be there for you. Only for you." Seohyun softly uttered. It looks like telling her about Taeyeon's plan will be a bad idea - at least for tonight.

 

Yoona can't help it and smile, as the words are the same as her father's. She so wanted to cry again, but she's already so tired for it. She did for 30 minutes earlier, she can't think of crying anymore. She promise to be strong like the last time right? So she has to, no matter what. Pulling back, she fixed her wife's hair and let out a soft chuckle. "You guys are so cruel though, you didn't tell me about this. But... what can I do, right?"

 

"Yes." Seohyun smiled, fixing her wife's hair and wiped off that single tear that drops in her left cheek. Yoona frowned when she saw it. "I understand. Fighting, my baby hubby!" she can't help it and cheered for her wife.

 

"This will be over soon. I promise." Yoona reassured, as she pushed her wife's hands down.

 

"About our security or about-"

 

"Both of them." Yoona cut, before Seohyun could mention her father. "I promise." She showed her pinky finger as a sign, and Seohyun gladly shook it with hers.

 

"It's a promise then, baby." Seohyun pulled her wife again into a comforting hug. "Do you want me to sing a song for you too? Just like for our little princess?"

 

"That's a great idea." Yoona chuckled lightly. At least, she could once again relax, through her wife's soothing voice.

 

"What if I never knew. What if I never found you~ I'd never had this feeling in my heart~"

 

Yoona momentarily pulled back and creased one brow. "Isn't that our wedding song?"  She remembered the song pretty well. 

 

"Not just our wedding song. Our love story theme song as well." Seohyun additionally reminded.

 

Yoona smiled sweetly and continued her wife's singing. "How did this come to be~ I don't know how you found me~ But from the moment I saw you, deep inside my heart knew~"

 

"Baby you're my destiny~ You and I were meant to be~ With all my heart and Soul~ I give my love to have... and Hold~" Seohyun also continued. The moment she did, Yoona brings her back to her arms, and she decided to continue it in her own.

 

While her wife is singing, Yoona recalled what her father told her as a message during the wedding reception.

 

"I couldn't honestly remember when did I started liking you guys. I mean as a couple. But I could still remember the moment I saw my Yoona smiled as bright as the sun, because she's staring to her love of her life - yes, in the ceremony. When Seohyun is having her speech. That time, ladies and gentlemen, I know can no longer change my daughter's fate. I could no longer go back when she's still this little princess and has the naughtiness inside her. I'm sure gonna miss my little girl I used to carry around the mansion while she's crying. I'm sure going to miss scolding her every time she doesn't want to go to school or every time she doesn't want to get up after waking up. And I'm sure going to miss her every time she would call me because she's scared. I'm her knight, ladies and gentleman - and I would never stop to be... that's a promise Yoong Choding. But... I know I will never miss her because I'm still part of the family though. I love you guys so much. It's very unbelievable seeing her marrying... Seohyun... because their character is so different and... everyone are jealous. But look, my daughter just fooled Seohyun." He chuckles, yet proud enough for his daughter. "And to my dearest Yoona, I only have one advise... love. Love Seohyun unconditionally. Because if you do, the same will do for your kids. For the twins and to the soon maknae."

 

She unconsciously tightens her hug with her wife, as she let her tears once again streams down her cheeks. Seohyun on the other hand is slowly finishing the song.

 

Outside their room, Mr. Im is feeling at ease, listening to Seohyun's voice. He knew the latter is comforting his daughter. He can't get worry a lot anymore. Seohyun's magic is just amazing compared to his.

 

"Mr. Im, Do you really want to stay?" Asked Yul, as he and his other friends, including his father are ready to leave without giving a word to the couple.

 

"Yes. I'm planning to stay. I'll see you back soon for the plan, rather?"

 

"Yah! I'm still going back tomorrow, Mr. Im!" Jessica corrected the old Im. 

 

"And why only you?" Yul glared to his wife. Jessica grabs her husband's waist and kissed his lips sweetly. They both giggle at the same time.

 

"I'm still going back tomorrow as well." Taeyeon raised her hand. 

 

"I have no plans yet for tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure going to be in the set up place." Mr. Kwon promised on the other hand. "I have to make sure nothing bad will happen to Seohyun as well."

 

"Me and my brother will stay as well!" Daniel sheepishly also copied the others, holding up his hand with his brother. Everyone smiled at the twins. Mr. Im especially embraced the two of them.

 

-

 

It's indeed a new day - but apparently, it's not new for Yoohyun - who woke up with her mother in her side only. She looked to the other side, if it's indeed it's her and her Omma only, she sighed disappointingly when she confirmed her Daddy is not around. Going back to her mother, she was greeted by her sweet smile.

 

"Good morning, Yoonie." And her very sweet words. 

 

"Daddy - where?" She asks, instead of greeting back.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter