My Vampire Ex-GF: 25 [Epilogue]

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

25 | Life Goes On

 

 

***

 

 

Birds are chirping, wind brushing smoothly her skin and she can smell something pleasant, Seohyun's eyes slowly fluttered open. She slowly blinks and blinks, until her vision is getting clearer. The place doesn't look familiar but she felt safe and comfortable.

 

Slowly rising from her lying position, she gently rubs her eyes and turned her head to her right, and finds a wooden table and chair, on top of which is a covered plate. She turned to her left and then upon the ceiling, she realizes the entire room is made of wood, including the ceiling fan and that she's wearing a white dress. There's a window in front of her, which were the winds coming. 

 

'Where am I?' she thought in her mind, slowly place her two bare feet on the wooden floor. She felt nice as it's warm.

 

Getting up, she slowly walks to the window and saw the bird from the branch, realizing it was the bird who had been creating noise. She closes her eyes and lips that are so dry curved into a wide smile, feeling that smooth wind gracing her skin. Her hair is slightly moving as the window continues to meet her. 'This feels like paradise... ' she loves it so much and doesn't want to end the feeling because it feels like she's in heaven.

 

However as memories slowly came flashing before her closing eyes, she opened it and unconsciously looked down just to finally find out the place she's in is a treehouse. "Where is everyone?" She hurriedly went to the door and almost fell if she didn't hold the door. She has to use the ladder if she wants to come down. But she's a vampire so she just jumps off. "Omo." But as she fell on the ground, her strength betrays her and she ends up groaning in pain on her left arm. 

 

'Wha... what is this place?' Just then, she was met by a beautiful garden of flowers. Butterflies and grasshoppers are clearly seen. The branch of the treehouse prevented her to see the beauty outside that it's her first time to be amazed.

 

Holding her left arm, she pulled herself up and started walking as she looked around the place and looked up to see fairies are flying around and spotted her. They immediately approached her and started flying around. "I'm in the shadow world?" she brightly reacted as she turns around and around, playing with the fairies that are happy to see her. Then they created a flower crown and put it on her head. She had the sweetest smile, feeling like a princess.

 

But their play ended when someone arrived. 

 

"You're awake." It's Yuri, wearing the shadow hunter uniform. She approached her and bowed a little.

 

"Where's everyone? Where's Yoona?" Seohyun grabs the chance to ask. 

 

"I know you would ask that. Come, they're at the war ground." Yuri softly explained, ushering the younger to come with her.

 

"War ground? There's still a war going on?" 

 

Yuri chuckled and shakes her head. "I was saying, they're in a training ground place. We call it war ground." she took her hand gently as they cross the river. 

 

"Like that place we were before the eclipse?" Seohyun guesses while watching on her steps. Once they're on the ground again, Yuri casually lets go of her.

 

"Not quite the same anymore." Yuri replied with a double meaning. Seohyun suddenly blocks her from walking.

 

"What do you mean?" The young vampire feels like Yuri is telling her something she doesn't know. It's as if she sleeps for a long time?

 

"Yoona's going to explain that to you. Let's continue to our way." A genuine smile broke on Yuri's features, leading the other girl once again.

 

Seohyun decided to push it aside and just follow her friend's lead until they reach the 'war ground' she was talking about. It was just the same place but there aren't shadow hunters, they are downworlders, having their training. "What's... going on?" She goosebumps.

 

Yoona who just knock a wizard down looked up to see the person she had been waiting to wake up for 3 months, staring down at her from the cliff. Her face brightened up as she pulled the wizard up on his feet. She bowed to him and jogs towards her and then climb the cliff until she reached her, "You're awake, munchkin." greeted her breathlessly, didn't give her the time to react as she hugs her tightly. "Been waiting for this day to come." she added.

 

"Wha... what are you saying, Yoona?" Seohyun gently pushed her, demanding an explanation.

 

"It had been almost four months since that battle. And since then, this is the first time you wake up."

 

"I... had been sleeping?" Even though she kinda guesses it, Seohyun still can't believe it right away. "How-how did that happen?"

 

"According to Taeyeon, you lose every strength you have during the eclipse." Explained Yoona, taking her girlfriend's hands and hold them gently without looking away. "And since you're still new with your new Angelic power, it affected your brain. Taeyeon predicted a year, looked like she's wrong with it." she giggles afterward.

 

Seohyun is agape and speechless. But as she thought of the new surroundings, it all made sense. "So it's winter in Seoul right now?"

 

"Yes." Yoona simply replied as she pulled her girlfriend again for a hug. She can now breathe in relief and not worry about her. "I miss you, you know."

 

Slowly, Seohyun's lips curved into a sweet smile, hands went to her back as she hugs the doe-eyed back. "I'm sorry for taking long to wake up," whispers her, feeling bad because she probably worries her.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "I know you'll wake up one day."

 

"What about my family? The Vampires? What happened to them?" Seohyun curiously asks. 

 

Slowly pulling back, Yoona smiled warmly. "Your parents are fine, but they're in the jail of hell now. The other vampires, they're still out there and the shadow hunters are doing their best to control them... Your sister... you remember killing her, right?" she softly asks.

 

"Yes, I do." Seohyun sighs and couldn't look into her girlfriend's eyes.

 

"You did what's best for that situation." Yoona says, holding Seohyun's cheek with her right palm so she's back staring at her. "And I'm so proud of you."

 

"She's still my sister." Seohyun bitterly smiles, hugging her again. She sighs and buried her face on her shoulder, feeling the need for comfort and Yoona give it to her as they got quiet.

 

 

:::

 

 

Seohyun feels like a brand new person, having fun hanging out with the other downworlders. She didn't imagine that falling for Yoona would lead to something even better and she's loving it. Even though she misses her world as a vampire, she would rather with them if living with them will only cause harm to the humans.

 

"See you later." She waves goodbye to them brightly as they went to their respective homes.

 

"That's why I choose to stay here than in the mundane's world." Yoona says as she leaned to her girlfriend's shoulder. She approach her the moment she's alone.

 

Seohyun turned and hug the doe-eyed. "Yeah, I like it here pumpkin."

 

"Come, the food is ready." Yoona whisper as she pulled back and took her girlfriend's hand and they walk to their treehouse.

 

"You build this, didn't you?" Seohyun looked up and smiles at her.

 

Yoona proudly nodded her head. "With the help of the fairies." she confirmed. 

 

"It's beautiful. I like it." Seohyun praises earning a brief smile from the doe-eyed as she climbs the treehouse first then she followed. The house is just simple and small. With one bed, dining table and two chairs. Unlike from her apartment. "Omo." However, she didn't expect to be greeted by a lot of food, not to mention, human's. "Why did you prepare this? She asks as she sits down.

 

Yoona takes her seat across her. "You're half-angel now, Munchkin. So you can now eat what humans eat. Go ahead, everything is okay for you to consume." she flashes an amused smile, not surprised with her reaction.

 

"You kidding me right?" Seohyun however can't still believe. All the food is tasty but she's hesitant to touch them except the salad which is pure vegies.

 

"It's your dream to eat what we eat too, right? Go ahead, nothing will happen, I promise." 

 

"Yes. It is." Biting her lower lip, Seohyun took the chopsticks and stares at Yoona first, trying to see if she will take her words back but she didn't. Her heart is beating fast even though part of her is eager to at least have a little taste.

 

Yoona chuckles. "Come on, eat up." she picks the sliced pork from the plate and transferred it to her girlfriend's bowl of rice. "It's okay." she assuringly added. It's adorable watching her and she so wanted to hug her.

 

Seohyun slowly picks the boiled piece of pork and smelled it first, causing her tongue to salivate. She glances to Yoona and the girl ushers her. Slowly stick her tongue out, she hesitantly tastes the sauce from it and she immediately felt unfamiliar with the taste but barely could describe it.

 

"How was it?"

 

"Weird." Seohyun grimace. "But I don't think I hate it."

 

Yoona chuckles in amusement. She was about to ask her to bite now when the latter beats her and just swallow it on without chewing. "Yah, you need to chew it as well like the veggies."

 

"It's weird. I don't know." Seohyun replied but pick the other food and this time the spicy rice cake she always can see from the humans. She got reluctant to it as well but once she had the taste, she loves it. "This one is better, pumpkin." and she did not waste time to have another bite.

 

"There are more here, you might... " Yoona can't continue her words when Seohyun is now enjoying the spicy rice cakes only. "Aigoo, you're indeed a newborn nephilim."

 

 

:::

 

 

It's almost sunset yet Yoona hasn't seen Seohyun returned home. She was busy training the young werewolves that she didn't notice it had been hours since she left to visit the ground zero, the place where a lot of downworlders including her sister died. She waves goodbye to them before she decided to follow her girlfriend. And she wasn't surprised to see her alone, sitting on the ground, in front of the big rock, where names of downworlder and Nephilim are written. 

 

Slowly approaching her, she put her hand on her shoulder and sits down next to her.

 

"She didn't make it." Seohyun softly says, not leaving her eyes to the rock.

 

"Your sister?"

 

"No, that Nephilim who give me this." She explained, looking down at the necklace on her hands. 

 

"Oh, Mrs. Jang." Yoona recognizes the person. One of the Nephilims who fought hard against the Vampires to make it. "She is a hero."

 

"She definitely is." Seohyun tilts her head and smiles genuinely. "Can you help me hand this necklace to her son? I promised to give this to him."

 

"Yeah, sure. We have to return to the Human's world early morning then." softly Yoona says, proud to hear it from her girlfriend.

 

"This place... it hasn't returned to the way it is." Seohyun noticed the trees and even grass hasn't bloomed. The hole she created is even still there.

 

"We can't. We have to remember everyone's lives." Yoona explained, intertwining her hand with her girlfriend's left hand. "A way to honor them."

 

Seohyun gently leaned her head on her girlfriend's shoulder as she sighs and holds her hand back. She doesn't know how long will she feel it but her heart is in pain, knowing they lost a lot of lives. And the fact that she's one of the reasons for those lost lives. It's hard to accept yet. But she's glad Yoona is comforting her and she's really grateful for not leaving her side.

 

The sun is setting slowly before their eyes but they stayed in their spot, enjoying the warmth they're feeling from each other.

 

 

:::

 

3 days later...

 

As students leave their respective classrooms, an announcement through the speaker can be heard.

 

Winter Break is here!!! Don't forget to bring your scarf always with you and coat to keep you warm. This is going to be 3 weeks and I'm expecting each one of you to spend it meaningfully with family and friends! But you better finish your homework first before you go on a vacation. In that case, you won't be stress once you come back to school. Enjoy your Holidays, students! See you next year!

 

Yoona just casually walked out of the classroom and walk along with the students in the hallway as she heads straight to her locker. She opened it and took two of her notes inside and a book before locking it back. She let out a huge exhale, feeling lonely.


She missed the time where she goes to school with Seohyun by her side but ever since she woke up, some things have changed. She doesn't like going out at all no matter how much she pursued her and telling her that what happened wasn't her fault. The young vampire slash Nephilim is distancing herself from everyone except her and Yuri. 
 

"Joohyun, how am I going to help you move on?" She mumbles to herself as she lifelessly turned to leave.

 

Yuri was nearby and immediately put her arm on her shoulder. "Invited Jessica to your apartment. Is that okay?"

 

"Why?" Yoona asks casually.

 

"Just a simple dinner and also help us with Seohyun." Yuri wiggles her eyebrows. "Also to celebrate our third monthsary." And grinned afterward. Since she returned to the human world, she didn't hesitate and ask Jessica to be her girlfriend.

 

"Really?" Yoona teases with a smile but she pouted in the process. She's jealous of Yuri and her dating life at the moment.

 

"Cheer up. In time, Seohyun will be back on her bright self again." Yuri comforted, patting the doe-eyed's shoulder. "She just needs time. You know she was so pretty and happy when I saw her first, I know that will return."

 

"Yeah, hopefully." Sighs Yoona. "I don't know what to do anymore. She even gets moody sometimes."

 

"Yeah, saw it. But I understand what she's feeling right now. She cost a lot of lives and even put her parents in jail. She's always the daughter of their clan as always." 
 

"She has yet to even returns her power. She's clumsy lately."

 

Yuri sighs this time, just as they reach the gate of the University. "I think we should ask Taeyeon's help now. She might know how to."

 

"I tried contacting her but she's busy, same as my parents." Yoona shrugs her shoulders.

 

"Yeah, they haven't given shelter to everyone who lost their love ones." 

 

"How about letting her see her parents?" An idea suddenly pops-up on the doe-eyed's mind and she looks at Yuri for her reaction.

 

"No, not a chance." Yuri doesn't feel it's right. "It might worsen her situation. Just let her heal on her own okay? And don't leave her side. I think it's the most important help."

 

Yoona slowly nodded and smile briefly. "I am doing it. Thanks, Yuri."

 

"But if you think it's not working, then I guess try to ask her if she's fine talking to her parents." Yuri advises. She herself is worried for Seohyun but she knows Yoona is the only one that can help her.

 

Just then, Jessica arrived, breathlessly, as she runs all the way to them. "I'm sorry if I... made you guys wait." 

 

"It's okay, baby." said Yuri sweetly, taking her right hand and intertwine it. "Let's go."

 

"Let's dropped by a pop-up bar, Seohyun had been loving spicy rice cakes." Yoona can't forget to buy her girlfriend's new favorite food.

 

"I love her tastebud now." Yuri chuckles softly.  

 

 

:::

 

 

The moment she's hearing the door unlock, Seohyun jumps off of the bed and runs outside but only to stop halfway because she didn't expect to see another person besides Yoona and Yuri. She bowed her head a little to Jessica and was about to return inside her room she shared with Yoona when she smells something familiar. 

 

"Tteokbokki?" Her hungry stomach definitely recognizes it.

 

"Yes." Yoona giggles to see the cute reaction of her girlfriend. "Come at the table." She said as she ushered Yuri and Jessica as well. 

 

Taking their seats on their respective chairs, Seohyun made sure she's next to Yoona. She hastily took her chopsticks as she waits for the food to be prepared. They bought fried chickens and spicy rice cakes only as their dinner as Yuri took the canned beers from the fridge.

 

"Thanks for the food." Seohyun cutely said and immediately took a bite of her food. She didn't mind Jessica's stares at her. 

 

Yoona put on a glass of water next to her girlfriend and kiss her cheek. "Slow down." she suggested earning a big nod from the latter. 

 

"She's... really eating well." said Jessica lowly, can't touch her food yet.

 

"Why don't you talk to her?" Yuri whispers, expecting her girlfriend to be friendly.

 

"Don't know how." Jessica whispers back. She knows the younger is a vampire and she's not sure about her character. Their last encounter wasn't even good.

 

"Winter break starts tomorrow, munchkin." Yoona broke her silence, tilting her head to her girlfriend.

 

"Does that mean you're staying always now, at home?" Seohyun is excited. She felt more lonely whenever Yoona leaves to school. Now, she has someone to spend the day.

 

Yoona shakes her head. "That means, we're going out often." and she announced.

 

"No." Seohyun declined stubbornly as she dropped her chopsticks. "I want to stay at home, pumpkin." she firmly added. "I don't want to leave this apartment."

 

"No, it's not going to help you." Argued the doe-eyed. "Let's return to-"

 

"I'm not going anywhere. Final." Getting up, Seohyun didn't finish her food as she heads to the bedroom right away and tucks herself inside the comforter. She heard the voices of the dead including her sister once again which cause her to cover her eyes. She is frightened that instant. "Stop please... stop... I'm not leaving this place... don't worry. I'm stuck here. I won't leave. Seo Joohyun is not leaving." her voice hitch and it wasn't long as she cries in silence. 

 

Yoona sighs heavily. "Looks like I just ruin this dinner. I'm sorry." She apologizes to Jessica who is still stunned. She turned to the unfinished food of her girlfriend and felt the pain in her heart. 

 

"It's okay." Yuri assuringly smiled.

 

 

:::

 

 

"I'm sorry it took a while. The HQ had been so busy." Taeyeon said the moment she entered the apartment, startling both Yoona and Yuri from the sofa. "Where is she?"

 

"Bedroom." Yoona gets up and leads the older girl inside. "Tried to comfort her earlier but she will only push me. She had been silently ceying for hours now and she won't stop."

 

Taeyeon climbs to the bed and tried to touch Seohyun's shoulder but only to retract her hand off when she felt electricity. "That hurts."

 

"Why?" Yoona asks in worry instantly.

 

"It looked like her soul is somewhere out there and won't return unless someone will get her out of the dark." Taeyeon explained as she gets off of the bed. "And some evil spirits are slowly controlling her. If we won't bring her out, it might cause another destruction." 

 

"I'll go." volunteered Yoona. "What am I going to do?" she glances at her poor girlfriend and felt heavier inside.

 

"Wait." Taeyeon look around the room and walk to the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter