Cheerleader: 06

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

06 | Night Changes

 

***

 

"There are places you can go around if it's night in Paris. One, football stadiums, two, concerts... especially classical. Oh, Art museums as Paris is also known for, we can try to visit." Said Xiao Xiao while she's driving her Porsche. She flashed the girl a sweet smile before turning back her attention to the road.

 

Yoona sitting in the passenger seat doesn't look like she will go for museums tonight. "What about a football match?" So she suggested the best place she always go. She's excited how French people cheer for their favorite team.

 

"Ooops, I don't think we can go with a football match. Normally, tickets are sold out by now. Maybe tomorrow you can book a ticket for the next game. I'm sorry." Xiao Xiao sadly stated. She herself is a fan of football. But it will be a waste of time to go for a football match. "Let's just go to museums first?" She suggested.

 

"Isn't it boring if it's night time?" Yoona didn't hesitate and shared her thoughts. "I think museums are great view during daylight."

 

"No. It's not. To be honest, there are a lot of foreigners going there at night time."

 

"Chincha? But... I kind of not fond of museums. Um, concerts? Theater stage? Can we go there rather?" Yoona awkwardly suggested.

 

Xiao Xiao isn't fond of classical concerts or any theater stage on the other hand. It made her smile to disappear. "Why don't we have joy ride?" So she suggested again.

 

"You mean we will just drive around Paris?" Yoona asked back.

 

"Yup. It's fun too." Xiao Xiao brightly responded.

 

Yoona thought for a moment before she decided, "Okay. It's not bad at all." But deep inside, she's disappointed. She thought she would be kind and give what she likes. Turned out not. They seemed to have different hobbies. She turned her head away from her and decided to enjoy the ride, by placing her arms on the window and put her chin on top of it. She slowly smiled, loving the way the cold air once again gracing her features. The city lights are gorgeous, it adds to her enjoyment.

 

Xiao Xiao secretly glance to the girl next to her, she's glad she is now enjoying the ride.

 

Soon, Yoona took her phone and started recording a video while the car is smoothly moving. Then she took a photo of herself, while the background is blurry.

 

A couple of minutes later, Xiao Xiao stops the car over upon meeting a traffic. She heard her phone rings and gradually answered it.

 

Yoona on the side is listening. Though she's talking in Chinese, she can understand few of them. As soon as she finished it, she looks at her, and the girl also does.

 

"Have you been into a club?"

 

"Your friend is asking you to go to a night club?" Yoona asked if her understanding id correct.

 

"You listen to my conversation?"

 

"I can't help it. So it is?" Yoona raised her brows.

 

"Yes. She wants me to join her. You know, newly single lady. She wants someone to talk her in her lonely times."

 

"Oh, just like me."

 

"Really? I thought you are in a relationship?"

 

"How can you say I am?" Chuckled Yoona softly. "We barely know each other."

 

"Because you act so serious. The last time we meet. So you are not? That's great. You can join me in my friend then?"

 

"Um, Are we going home late?" Yoona worriedly shared her thoughts.

 

"Probably. Why? Don't tell me you have a curfew?"

 

Yoona smiled awkwardly. "Um, yes. I don't think I can come. I'm with my father and I can't broke his curfew. I'm sorry." She casually unbuckled her seat belt and unlock the door. "Just go and I'll take a cab on my back to the Hotel. Thanks for the Joy Ride Miss Sun."

 

"Wait."

 

Yoona turned her head to Xiao Xiao again, once she held her arm.

 

"Take care. And I'm sorry our first tour didn't go well." Xiao Xiao felt bad. "But promise, next time. We'll have a real tour." Yet, she can not let it pass. She wants to make it up.

 

"Yeah, sure. Next time."

 

"By the way, don't call me Miss Sun. Just call me Xiao Xiao. I feel so old. Though I'm older. Hehe." Xiao Xiao shyly requested.

 

Yoona chuckled lightly and nod her head. "Of course, Xiao Xiao. I'll see you then, next time. Drive safely." she flashed a charming smile before she completely went out of the car. She quickly crosses the road while it's not yet changing its traffic lights. Now her problem is to find a cab. She hoped it's easy to find one in Paris' night time. But before that, something came to her mind; Walking in the side of the road, and enjoying the other stuffs she can see in Paris.

 

Likewise, their sidewalk is different from Seoul. She can see more cafes than restaurants. Maybe just part of the city. And people seems to prefer outside the café and talk immensely. There are families, friends and of course, more lovers. Yoona is now believing the city is really for love.

 

"Should visit Pont des Arts, soon." She just remember, that famous bridge for love padlocks. "But how can I go there if I don't even have a lover?" Yoona felt silly with her own plans. "Maybe if I'll get one someday." yet, she still wants to go there. Her smile plastered on her face indicates for her excitement over doing a love padlock with her future girlfriend. When? She has no idea. To think, she just broke up with her girlfriend - obviously she never felt love with. It was more on 'hanging out', she thinks.

 

After a couple of walks, she finally saw a cab and she call for it through her hand, she immediately got in once it stopped right in front of her. She told the name of her hotel and lean back on her seat comfortably. She took a glance on her wrist watch, just to realized it only took 2 hours of drive with Xiao Xiao earlier. She still has One and half hour before 10pm. "Tsk,tsk, I can't believe even here, I'm still following my precious father." she mumbles, as she sighed. But she smile, thinking about her father - who had been always there for her, through ups and downs. He's definitely her hero.

 

Upon sightseeing the Eiffel tower, shining so bright, Yoona took her phone out and snap a picture.

 

"The tower is beautiful if it's twinkling, Miss." The driver of the cab suddenly told her.

 

"Whoa, when is it happening Mister?" Yoona excitedly asked.

 

"The next hour Miss. That actually twinkles every hour, but for 5 minutes only. So better yet keep an eye on it if you want to catch how it twinkles." The driver informed. "Your hotel has a good view of the tower if I'm not mistaken, so you might see it in your hotel, twinkling."

 

"Wow." Yoona can only say, as she looked outside. "It's beautiful already - how much more if twinkles?" She smiled like an idiot. She hasn't seen it twinkling, it could be her chance to witness it.

 

-

 

"Thank You." Yoona would never forget to bow after she got her change and after she arrived safe and sound. She made the cab left first before she turns around and made her way inside the hotel. "Omo." heck, she eventually fastens her walk all the way to the elevator when she realized the time. There's only 5 minutes left before 9. She wanted to watch the tower in her room, since the walls in the hotel is glass. Even the elevator, she can see the tower because the wall is made of glass.

 

But when she realized her room she shared with her father is at 15th floor, she thought she couldn't make it to the room. However, she could actually watch it through the elevator. 

 

Taking her phone out, she take a selfie of herself first, where the tower can be seen behind her. A goofy grin was snapped in her phone, making her giggle with her own antics.

 

Suddenly, the elevator stopped - Yoona almost loses her balance if she didn't held on the wall. Heart skips a beat when an idea of being locked up inside crosses her mind. She looked at the number of the floor, she's in the 7th floor already. Reaching for the up button and pressed it so many times in panic, it won't respond to her touch. "Yah! Anybody out there? Someone is lock up here! Help me!" She tried to call for her, but no one responded. Kicking on it, it still useless.

 

She was about to call for her father for help when suddenly she noticed the tower - the twinkling lights have finally started. Yoona finds herself opening her camera through her phone, but instead of recording it, she put her phone slowly down as her eyes focuses on the lights instead.

 

Mesmerizing, beautiful, stunning, Yoona felt shivers all over her body. The panic in her face subsided, as finds herself admiring the lights. Her muscles slowly relaxes... as if it takes her tiredness away. Her smile soon followed, while she couldn't find a reason to turned her head away. It's just really mesmerizing.

 

Meanwhile, on the next elevator - one girl is also locked at the 7th floor. But instead of going up, she's going down. Like the other girl on the next elevator, she's also standing immobile inside, eyes are focus in those dancing beautiful lights before her. Slowly but surely, her lips formed into a smiling gorgeously. Admiring the twinkling tower as much as she do back when she's still little.

 

She gasps when suddenly, fireworks display started to create more lights with different colors in the night sky, as the twinkling Eiffel tower hasn't still stopped. It gives goose bumps now in her body. "Beautiful." 

 

Yoona's the same on the next lift. She was suppose to take photos to have a remembrance, but she thinks living in the moment is better. It would feels so romantic if she's with someone else, honestly for her. But standing alone, witnessing it with her own eyes is okay. Thinking over a special friend named, Peng, It's already romantic for her.

 

Seohyun on the other hand is feeling regretful she's alone witnessing this beautiful fireworks and the tower's dancing lights, but thinking of her Yoongie somehow made it romantic, surprisingly.

 

-

 

Looking up to the ceiling, Yoona sighed in relief, when she felt the lift started to move up again. In that moment as well, the twinkling tower and the fireworks have stopped. She felt lucky enough to have witness such event.

 

*ding*

 

Casually, she walked out the elevator and turned to her left -- but only to bumped into someone. Their heads bumped to each other. By reflex, she instinctively made her balance and catch this person's waist in both arms before she falls on the floor, and pulled her over closer to her. In which, for the 2nd time around, she meet those beautiful eyes. The same eyes that caught her breathless.

 

"Hyunnie." She uttered under her breath.

 

"Yoona-ssi." Seohyun's voice came like an air, a second she realized it's the doe-eyed again. Her hands are on her shoulders for a support. Again, she's mesmerized with those brown orbs, so close to her visions. But the moment was cut short.

 

Blinking twice, Yoona slowly let go of the younger girl and, "You are staying the same hotel?" She asked to confirm.

 

"Y-Yes. Y-You're too?" Seohyun stammered, upon hitting the idea.

 

Yoona chuckled briefly. "Yes. I am staying at this floor. Don't tell me you're in the same floor?" She amusingly smiled when she realized the girl is on her jogging pants and sleeveless. She made a gulp though, realizing that she check on her. "B-But... Where have you gone and you are wearing like that?" Cheeks turned red a little.

 

"I had a quick gym. Where have you been too?" Seohyun didn't notice the quick glance of the doe-eyed on her and answers right away. "So you called earlier in the same hotel earlier?" She chuckled softly.

 

"Yes. Oh, I went out with a friend, hoping to see more of Paris in nighttime, but my friend had another appointment. So I went home right away. Um, I'm staying at room 230. You?"

 

"950. Just almost close." Seohyun smiled.

 

"So you are going there now? Can I walk with you?"

 

"But my way is behind you. 930 is over there." Seohyun giggles, as she pointed behind her.

 

"Yeah, but I'll walk you to your room and I'll walk on my own to my room. Is that okay?" Yoona suggested. To be honest, she just feels like wanting to prolong their moment. She thought her night would be over just like that, watching the fireworks alone. Now that her new friend unexpectedly is in the same hotel. The urge to know her more is strong. At least a little for tonight. Before they'll separate ways.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter