On My Mind - soshibanger

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

YOUNGBAE'S POV

 

As I walked through this park, a lot of memories started to return.  I started to think.

 

I miss high school.  Those were some really great times.  Sure, I had many friends so I wasn’t necessarily lonely in the sense of quantity.  Quality-wise, I only had a small number of close friends, but I wouldn’t have it any other way.  I remembered the good times that we all had.

 

And the bad times as well.

 

Sigh.  I don’t know why it had to turn out this way.  Losing your first love through an argument over such a small thing.  And that’s not even the worse part.  I still love that girl even two years later despite never seeing her again in that time span.

 

Love .

 

[FLASHBACK]

 

The repetitive system that was high school.  Sure, there were many kinds of classes, but all of them tend to be boring. Unless you had friends like mine.

 

Seunghyun hyung, Tiffany and Yuri.  They’ve been my childhood friends, and my life wouldn’t be the same without them.  They’ve helped me through the ups and downs of both school life and life outside of school.

 

Especially Yuri.  She’s a year younger than me, but she’s always taking care of me.  Weird, huh?  I should be the one instead, but she’s the one that kept me on track and more importantly with school.  It’s not like I didn’t have an interest in school, it just didn’t fully meet my interests.  Until one day, Yuri introduced me to the dance club she joined.

 

I was hooked.

 

The club was so fun, that even Seunghyun hyung and Tiffany (who’ve been dating for a while) joined.  It became even more hilarious when hyung tried dancing these intricate moves, leading to laughters from Yuri and I, following by a few punches by hyung.

 

It was worth it.

 

One day, the four of us went to the dance club, where they were explaining a little dance contest they were holding for the new club members, which included us.  The basic requirement was that you had to have a partner of the opposite .  Hyung obviously partnered with Tiffany, while Yuri and I agreed that we should partner up to avoid awkwardness with some other members.

 

We started practicing that day to some hip-hop music and of course hyung looked a bit awkward with his dancing.  Tiffany, Yuri and I burst into laughter, leading to Seunghyun hyung’s frustration.

 

“Yah!  I’m a good dancer!  I’m just a bit…rusty at it.”  Hyung stated unconfidently.

 

“Araso, oppa.  I’ll believe you this time.”  Tiffany said playfully as she went to console hyung.

 

“Anyways, shouldn’t we get going?  We’re going to miss our dinner!”  Yuri exclaimed as she was starting to get her bags to go home.

 

At least once a week, we would go to each other’s house for dinner, since that’s how close we were.  And today was Yuri’s turn.

 

After we cleaned up and changed our clothes, we headed out to the school gates until Yuri stopped us.  “Ahhhh shoot!  Can you guys wait for me a bit?  I left something back at the room.”

 

We agreed to wait for her and off she went back to the dance room.  It was quiet for a moment until Tiffany started to whisper with hyung.

 

“What are you guys talking about?”  I asked curiously.

 

“We were wondering when you were going to do it.”

 

“Uhhhhh…do what?”  I was lost.

 

“You know…”  Hyung responded.

 

“No.  I don’t.”  What the heck are they referring to?

 

“Geez, you’re being dense right now.  Yuri!  When are you finally going to ask her out?!”  Tiffany yelled.

 

“Yeah, when are you?  It’s been too long.”  Hyung added.

 

Realizing what they meant, I started to redden in embarrassment and rushed to them to cover their mouths and prevent any other words from escaping.  “I told you guys not to talk about so openly!”

 

Yep it’s true.  I’ve had a crush on Yuri.  Since like ever.

 

“But she’s not here to listen anyways.”  Tiffany managed to say between my fingers while smiling.

 

“I know that, but what happens if Yuri caught our conversation the next time you guys randomly speak of it.  Then what?!  Confess to her that I love her?!”  I spoke in fear.

 

“I think you just did.”

 

That voice came from behind me.  Hyung and Tiffany were in front of me the whole time.

 

Crap.

 

I turned around to see Yuri.  She was smiling.  I felt like I was going to die on the spot.  “Youngbae oppa, I love you too.”

 

Yup.  I thought I was going to die and I did.

 

I fainted on the spot.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

When I woke up, I saw nothing but white light.  But then the light faded and a familiar sight arrived.  Yuri.  “So this is what heaven is like.  You see the person you love before going through the gates.  What a tease.”

 

“Yah, you’re not dead!  You’re lying down on my couch and I’ve been taking care of you since you’ve fainted.  You are lucky Seunghyun oppa could carry you to my house, or else you’d be getting treatment on the sidewalk!”  Yuri yelled, obviously concerned.

 

“Haha, you’re always the one taking care of me.  Shouldn’t it be me instead?”  I asked playfully.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter