Law of Attraction - --expresso

✧*~ SoshiBang Oneshot Request & Collection ~*✧ [CLOSED]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEUNGRI'S POV

 

I had been running.

 

My life - it was never a bright one. Being born in jail, being adopted and ill-treated since young, escaping from home and made a living by stealing since I was eight. I was born like that. Studies? Fame? Status? I just need money. I need to survive.

 

Stealing, robbing, vandalising - there's nothing that I wouldn't do for the sake of survival. This led me to be a wanted criminal. I don't kill, but oh well, the law wasn't going to be kind to poor people. There's no two sides to the law. Once you steal, no matter for what reason, you'd commited a crime.

 

"Lee Seungri, I finally got you, haven't I~"

 

Many a times, I got away scott-free or I managed to lie and scam my way through. However, there's this particular policeman that always could catch hold of me.

 

The policeman that wasn't like any other; the policeman that I kind of admired.

 

"Ajussi! It's ROBIN HOOD! Robin Hood!"

 

"Aishh! Chinjia! This brat!"

 

"Ouch! Ajussi!" I rubbed my head and smiled cheekily. "Can I sue you for assault?"

 

"No one is gonna believe a wanted criminal like you~"

 

We shot each other a smirk. As ridiculous as it sounded, I treated him like my father, like a friend.

 

"Seungri ah, you know you don't have to do-"

 

"I know know," I cut him off before he could finish his sentence. "But this is the best way out."

 

A silence followed thereafter.

 

"Ajussi, don't you ever get tired?" I asked. "Like you know, every time I come here, you'd ask me to quit."

 

"What's my job?"

 

"Police?"

 

"Precisely. Police are meant to help those that are in need," he smiled. "It's just like you isn't it. Will you stop robbing those rich to give to the poor if I told you to do so?"

 

"Of course not."

 

"There, we both have an establishment isn't it?" He let out a fruity laugh. "Now, sign this and get ready to spend the night here~ I don't think Daesung is going to get the bail money that fast."

 

"Araso~"

 

We exchanged laughters as I signed the record.

 

"Appa!"

 

As we laughed, a voice rang clear and I turned around, only to be astounded by what I saw.

 

Love. I didn't even have time to make money and earn enough for a living. So who cares about love? Yeahs, many girls have a crush on me but I didn't bother at all. I had absolutely no time for that and there's lots of other things that needed me to be there.

 

But here I was, being lovestruck.

 

Being in this harsh reality world of mine, I had never believed in love, let alone love at first sight. But here I was, being amazed by this girl in front of me. She looked around the same age as me, but she was glowing. Her hair was smooth and silky, spilling waves on her back, her eyes, were wide with innocence and with her beautiful smile, they turned into small crescents that were even brighter than the moon.

 

I guessed she felt the same too. As our eyes met, time seemed to have stalled between us. Our smiles froze as we stared at each other... Strange for such words to come out from me, but it seemed like we're acting on a high school romance drama - where the male and female lead meet for the first time...

 

"Oh! Seohyun ah! What brings you here!"

 

Ajussi's voice snapped us both out of fantasy. She blinked and looked away, face flushing red.

 

"Appa!" She walked towards ajussi and her expression changed to a cheeky and childish one. "You've forgotten to bring your jacket once again! Tonight would be a cold night!"

 

Appa? Ajussi is her appa?

 

How small is the world~

 

"Ahhh, mianhae," ajussi laughed embarrassingly, as though he's being reprimanded by his mother. "How's studying for the finals coming along?"

 

"Great," she smiled before taking a brief glance at me, nodding shyly. "Have you eaten?"

 

"Nopes. I was just about to ask Youngbae to order takeouts but this g-"

 

"Hyung! An urgent call is here! A fight broke out in Myeongdong. Help is needed! Oh! Seohyun ah!" The other police came by urgently.

 

"Annyeonghaesaeyo Youngbae oppa~" She greeted with a bow. 

 

"Chinjia? Then let's hurry to the scene then!" Ajussi grabbed his jacket and slung it over his shoulder, rushing out.

 

"Appa! I've brought food! Should I wait for you?"

 

"Alrights! Leave it there and get home quickly! It's getting late!"

 

"Neh!"

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"Aren't you leaving?"

 

Since ajussi and his subordinate went out, I was being put into the waiting jail. I sat there, being separated by bars from her. As the other police busied with their stuffs, either rushing out reports or busy dozing off, she sat beside me, not speaking a word.

 

She did not reply to my question and what came after that was my stupid stomach, that was growling endlessly.

 

"Damn..." I cursed under my breath in utter embarrassment as she chuckled silently.

 

"Here."

 

I looked up, only to be hit by a strong fragance from steamed rice.

 

"It's nothing much, but I guess it could fill your stomach for the time being," she smiled.

 

"You're going to get into trouble for giving a criminal food," I smirked.

 

"I do what I think is right," she took a glance at those sleepy police. "Finish up while they're sleeping. If not, you don't have a chance already."

 

"Isn't this food for your appa?"

 

"I've prepared enough for Youngbae oppa too. But I just recalled he's on some special diet," she answered as she scooped a spoonful of rice, extending towards my mouth. "Bbali!"

 

And there she was, acting like a thief, just so that she could feed this criminal some food to fill his stomach.

 

✺✺✺✺✺

 

"SEUNGRI AH! I'm here!!"

 

We ended up chatting with each other comfortably after the meal. I didn't know why but it was natural. There seemed to have no awkwardness between us as we talked about things. As we were engrossed in our conversation, a shout was heard and we looked up, witnessing Daesung panting away while raising a stack of money.

 

For the first time, I cursed him for being that fast.

 

"You can go first."

 

"Eh? You're not coming with me?"

 

"Aishh~ Stop being naggy and go!" I let out a frustrated sigh and pushed him. "Go!"

 

Daesung pouted his lips and scratched his head in bewilderment as he walked off. After ensuring that he's out of sight, I ran towards the police station, to see her standing outside, looking around.

 

"Oh. Heys," she saw me and smiled.

 

"Heys," I smiled shyly as I shoved my hands into my pocket. "Aren't you leaving?"

 

"Just about to," she smiled. "But there doesn't seem to have any taxis around."

 

"Uhm... It's late, why don't I walk you home?" I stuttered, trying to come up with the best excuse. "You know, to pay for my meal..."

 

"You don't have to pay for that," she smiled. "But I will appreciate that then. I'm kind of scared of the dark alley near my house."

 

We began to walk side by side.

 

"So... Your appa is sergeant Seo Jong Do..."

 

"Yupps," she answered. "Uhm... So you're... Seungri?"

 

"H-How do you know?" A tad bit of ecstatic rushed up my body when I knew that she knew my name.

 

"Appa mentions to me alot about you," she smiled. "He said that you're the living persona of Robin Hood."

 

"Ahhhh, I'm not that great

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter