Cheerleader: 34 [Final]

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

34 | Healing

 

***

 

The next morning comes, and a brand new day for Seohyun to try on the doctor's instructions; lifting up her right leg, her right, for a couple of times. Then after that, she will also moved her arms in round, first her right then her left. She will also do some getting up, in a gentle manner - and so far, the pain is bearable. Almost two weeks now and her body is sure responding very well to every medicine she's taking. The constant bending and movements of her body is sure helping her a lot.

 

But it's quiet different today - doing all the instructions. And that's all because of the pigeon that visited her last night. She didn't expect she would see it that night. And it makes her wonder if it will show again later. She's happy nonetheless. It's give her strength and determination to keep the process of healing.

 

"Wow, I'm proud of you princess." came the Doctor's praise as he stood straight again, looking down to his patient. "Everything is really doing so smooth... and I'm pretty sure, by next week, you'll get discharged. The home medication would be better for you until then."

 

"So do I get the reward now, Doctor Kim?" Seohyun reminded. She flashed beam in her smile. She couldn't forget that, her doctor promised her something if she will do well in her recovery. And if she won't be stubborn taking all the pills. 

 

"Beats me." The Doctor took his seat at the edge of the bed. "So what do you want to hear?" his hand rested on his patient's knee. 

 

"I don't know... but I guess... I would choose to hear a good news." Seohyun meaningfully says. She doesn't know what had been going on outside her ward. Almost two weeks and she decided to be mum about asking her girlfriend's condition. Because she knows, they would never tell her. Worrying them about her getting stress over it is also she's avoiding.

 

The Doctor smiled warmly. He knew what the princess meant about her words. "She had woken up." He told her without a reluctant.

 

Seohyun however didn't heard it clear. "Huh?" as her brows furrows.

 

"It was impossible to see but... Miss Im Yoona woke up in the middle of the night after almost two weeks of sleeping in the ICU. Right now, we're running tests to see to if she's not already in danger. But the last time I've seen her, she's pretty much fine. She even smiled to us. So I presume, she's already in a ward." The Doctor informed, knowingly. He's one of the doctor monitoring on the other patient. 

 

Seohyun's eyes welled up with tears after she heard the words from the Doctor. She felt shivers and totally emotionally happy. The prayers she had been doing quietly to herself is coming true. Although she doesn't know what have caused her girlfriend to sleep for a long time, it's a relief she sounded okay now. She can't help but cry and covered her face.

 

The Doctor smiled in joy as well. He know nothing about the princess' friendship with the doe-eyed girl. But as news are still reporting about their condition, he started to know their history. It's his joy seeing the princess being emotional about her friend.

 

"Thank you so much, Doctor." Seohyun mumbles between her sobs. She is slightly panting as she uncovered her face and wiped away her tears, looking back to the kind Doctor. "It really mean so much to me. I didn't know what happened to her, but... with that... I can now stop worrying about her. I can now have more confidence in getting better." she chuckled, embarrass of her confessions. Her cheeks are turning a shade red, much to the Doctor's amusement. "Do you know how long I've been waiting for this moment, Doctor Kim? I feel like I've waited for years... " she trailed off as the Doctor nodded his head gently. "I'm so thankful she's alright now. I just couldn't... imagine if you told me, otherwise."

 

"I've been keeping it a while as well, since both of the families doesn't want to stress you out more. And it was a good decision. Do you want to go out and see her?" The Doctor offered, smiling sweetly to the precious soaking with her tears.

 

Seohyun had a quick nodding of head after hearing another good news. She covered her face again and cry in embarrassment. But she suddenly grabs queen in the side and hugs it, as she continues to cry. Little did she know, outside her ward, her father and Yeri and also welling up with tears, listening to the joy of cries from their beloved. Yeri have to hug her Appa for support. Both are like a child, crying in joy as well.

 

-

 

"Appa... What will I do with my head?" Yoona randomly ask the moment her father have takes his seat next to her bed, with a food of tray.

 

Mr. Im simply creased his brows, doesn't know what is his daughter meant with her question. His daughter's pout is cute and he can see the bright in her eyes. Indicating that she's now out of danger.

 

"This." Yoona hold her head in two hands that was covered with some cloth. It's like bandage for her. "I know I don't have hair now because of the surgery. What do I do if it won't came back?" She curiously and innocently ask. Ever since she saw herself through the reflections in the hospital, she felt worried for her hair. She even looks like a cancer patient.

 

The question came out adorable for Mr. Im. That was the first long sentence she heard from the latter, ever since she was out of the ICU this early. He was about to answer but Yoona beats her with her additional worries.

 

"I don't know if Peng can even recognize me. The used to be gorgeous hair is gone... I'm sad. Um, I looked weird, don't I?" Yoona pout her lips again. She put her hands back to her lap.

 

Mr. Im reached for his daughter's hand give it a gentle squeeze. "Yoona, whether you don't have a hair, you still look gorgeous. Besides, I don't think your Peng will mind that. As long as you are okay now, she would forget her girlfriend has no hair." she teased at the end. He knows how crazy is the crowned princess have been asking about his daughter, that it was enough for her to tease Yoona.

 

"Appa is so cruel." Yoona glared to her father.

 

Chuckling in amusement, Mr. Im gives his daughter a pat in her cheek and turned to the food tray. "You better eat up then. So your hair will grow fast." he held the spoon and dig into the porridge.

 

Yoona's features softens. She flutters watching her father. It had been a while since she saw this side of him, caring so much and worrying about her. It gives a nostalgic feelings back when she's injured. "I'm sorry." but she couldn't help but felt bad - for once again worrying him. "I didn't mean to... end up right here. I thought... what we've done is already enough and didn't think of any danger. I'm sorry."

 

Mr. Im sighs. "No one ever wanted to see this. But I have to say sorry as well. If it weren't for my grudge, you and Seohyun would be concern about the family as well. I wasn't a good father."

 

"N-No." Yoona shook her head, disagreeing. "There's no way of that, Appa. You know that. I understand where is it going, so don't blame yourself either. Just like what you said, no one wanted to see this. What is meant to be, is meant to be." 

 

"Fine." Mr. Im smiled. He was relieved he raised such an understanding daughter.

 

"Besides, did it work... about the set up?" Yoona grinned, expectantly staring to her father. Her father hadn't shared anything about the talk he had with the king, but as how he teased he with the princess, she's sure it went well.

 

"Do you guys know how shock I was to see him rather than you? I almost lost my insanity." Mr. Im chuckled, recalling his reaction.

 

"So it di?" Yoona is relieved. "What's next now? You guys will be best friends?" she teases while giggling.

 

Mr. Im was about to smack his daughter's head when he stops halfway, as Yoona held her head immediately. "Sorry." so he ends up flicking his daughter's nose. 

 

"I'm just happy though." Yoona rubs the tip of her nose. 

 

"Well, I'm happy as well. I've never been so freely breathing like this. I'm thankful that a stubborn like you can be the solution. Aigoo, I'm old already. I shouldn't be emo anymore." Once again, Mr. Im took the spoon and was about to feed his daughter when a knock was heard outside. It made him roll his eyes.

 

"Do you expect someone, Appa?" Yoona asked out loud. She took the spoon rather. "The nurse won't comeback not until three in the afternoon." She knowingly added. She just help herself with the porridge.

 

"Nope. But I'll get this." Mr. Im simply mutters. He gets up and headed to the door. He took one last glance to his daughther before he opens the door. "Oh." He was surprised to see the doctor, that was mainly monitoring the princess. But he got more surprised when he saw who was behind, as soon as he steps away. Seohyun was in a wheelchair, greeting him with a small smile while hugging the stuff toy close to her. He looked around and finds out it's only them. "It's glad to see you, your highness." He bowed his head a little.

 

"Can I see Yoongie?" Seohyun asked, almost in a whisper.

 

Mr. Im smiled and nodded. He steps in the side, giving the princess a way.

 

"Thank you, Mr. Im." Seohyun shyly utters, and felt grateful. She had no intention to interrupt anything between him and Yoona, but she couldn't get this opportunity slipped away from her. This is the moment she had been waiting for. The longing to see Yoona is definitely killing her inside for these past days.

 

Doctor Kim went behind the princess and gently pushed her on her wheelchair. As they walks inside, Seohyun immediately caught Yoona's eyes with hers, as the girl was surprised to see her. And so she did. But her eyes immediately welled up with tears, as her heart beats are racing and did she also noticed how skinny her girlfriend looked like. But that never lessens the girl's perfection. She still looks pretty even with those cloth covering her entire head.

 

Yoona, her heart flips a lot of times as soon as her eyes caught with those familiar eyes again. Her entire visions were on her girlfriend's face. Before she knows it, her eyes are also in tears. She can't really describe what she's feeling, it's mix up with happiness, concern and all that she barely could cope. But one thing is for sure, the young princess have gone skinny as well. But her chubby cheeks are still there.

 

"I'll leave you guys alone." The Doctor says, as soon as he stopped the princess next to the doe-eyed girl's bed. He slightly bowed in respect for both girls before he left. Mr. Im also decided to stay outside.

 

There were no words were exchange, as Seohyun put queen in the side before she raises from the wheelchair and held the edge of the bed to support herself. She took her seat in the bed gently and hold Yoona's face in both hands. She bit her lip as she let tears still streaming down. Couldn't almost believe she's touching the girl. It's incridible feeling to be able to do this. The doe-eyed close her eyes and feel that touch she had missed. It's giving her goosebumps and longing to touch the younger girl as well.

 

"I'm so happy ." Seohyun whispers, filled with emotions. Slowly, Yoona's eyes opened and meet with hers. "I'm so happy we made it." she rubs he girl's cheeks, while wiping away her tears off.

 

Yoona slowly held her girlfriend's wrist, giving her skin some rub with her thumb, the way she was also receiving her touch. "Love is worth fighting for, indeed." she smiled.

 

Seohyun moves closer and leaned closer and closer to Yoona's face, until she could feel her hot breath. Yoona's eyes close as their nose touches, which gives butterflies in the pit of her stomach. And so does Seohyun.

 

Slowly, Seohyun moves and pressed her lips against Yoona's. The doe-eyed girl's hand made its way to the back of her head, as she parted her lips and kisses the girl back, longingly. Oh how much she missed kissing the girl. It feels like a decade since she last kissed her. No, She felt like this is even their first kiss. She couldn't stop herself from kissing the younger girl over and over again. And she can feel the other girl is the same.

 

Pulling back slowly, both are smiling like a fool, as their foreheads are pressed together while eyes are closing. Yoona is caressing the younger girl's face while the latter is holding into her shoulders. Both girls are breathless, but at the same time, they loved what they're hearing from each other. It's been a while, hasn't it?

 

"Yoongie... "

 

"Hmm?"

 

"I'm-"

 

"If you're only going to say sorry, then don't. I'm tired of listening of that." Yoona interrupted Seohyun's words before the girl could even say words.

 

Seohyun pulled a little away from her girlfriend, so she can see her face. "What are you saying?"

 

"What?" Yoona opened her eyes, confused. She thought the girl would say the same thing.

 

Seohyun giggles at the cute sight in front of her. She cupped her face again and says, "I'm glad we're here still here. I'm glad I'm still holding you. I feel like this is a dream, but the kiss proves me that this isn't; this is reality. I love you, Yoongie." she chaste a kiss on the girl's lips.

 

"I see... " Yoona nodded, glad it wasn't the case. "But look at us right now. We're... sick?" She pout her lips sadly.

 

Taking her girlfriend's hands, Seohyun gently squeezes her hands. "I know. But we have to stay strong and get through in this soon, Araso? We made it... so we have to keep on going. We don't want this second chance to go to waste, do we?"

 

"Yeah, you're right...I love you, Peng." Yoona whispered heartily. It's her turn to leaned in and captured her girlfriend's lips. She heard a sigh from the girl as she kisses her back. But it only lasted a few seconds as they both pulled back, looking into each other's eyes lovingly. "But I have no more hair." Heck, Yoona can't help it and share her worries. She pouted cutely in front of her beloved.

 

Seohyun giggles. "I didn't even noticed that, Yoongie. You still look hadsome."

 

"They shave me though, so they can operate in my brain. Should have know this will come, Peng." Yoona lowered her gazes.

 

"Yah! What are you sad of? I don't think you will be forever bald because of this. It will still grow, Don't worry, Yoongie." Seohyun assured. She cupped her girlfriend's face and peck in her lips. She did it a couple of times, until the girl's features soften. Satisfied, she stopped and intertwine their hands. "Let's fight and fight until we recover, shall we?"

 

Yoona smiled only, as she looked into Seohyun's orbs lovingly and quietly. 'Thank you Omma, you send me a personal cheerleader.'

 

"What?"

 

"I..." She trails off when she heard her stomach suddenly growls. Her eyes eventually turned to the food tray. "Do you mind? Yoongie is hungry."

 

"Of course." Seohyun giggles. But before she could leave the bed and turn to the other side, the door opens and her Doctor came in again. 

 

"Time for your lunch as well, princess." The Doctor says, earning the two girl's pout. Because they know, it's time for them to separate.

 

Mr. Im behind is teasingly smiling to the two girls. Happy that they seemed to go well with ech other again. He never regrets forgetting about the past and just focus for both girls' happiness. The healing process is not failing him.

 

 

***

 

 

Due to the cold weather, as winter is almost approaching, two girls are clad in their coat, as they went for a date. Three months later, everything is really going so smooth. They can now go out on a date without worrying of their fathers. Both of their fathers are now like best of friends, meeting up sometimes to talk about them. And sometimes they meet up to play golf. Just like new friends that are knowing each other well. But Seohyun and Yoona can't be careless. Going out on a date means they'll get attention. After the accident, their friendship that was now known as more than friendship to the people of Korea, is totally a hit. They have to keep a low profile every time they go out.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter