Cheerleader: 04

YoonHyun Story 2
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

04 | Dream

 

***

 

It was supposed to be a good match. But Yoona's quiet disappointed, Suwon hasn't kicked any goal for an hour now. She's watching Amber instead, as the latter is a die hard fun of team Rooster. 'Tsk,tsk. This isn't happening.' Her mood is literally off now. Not only her friend but also some rooster fans are celebrating and cheering so wild. And here she is, having this poker face. She can't even cheer for her team. She so wanted to go home now. If only she can go back home alone, but she can't leave her friend - nor the game right away.

 

"GOAAAAAL!!!"

 

Heck, just when she's about to give up, her favorite player suddenly made a goal. Her eyes widened and she literally stood up, screaming the team's name and her favorite player. "Burn them up!!! Kick them all! Let's go SUWOOOON!!! LET'S SHOW THEM WHAT WE GOOOT! WOOOOHOOOO!!!!"

 

Amber whose now shutting is speechless, watching the ever so quiet captain earlier, now so alive, screaming for her team like there's no tomorrow.

 

"Wow. That was a good kick." Yoona went back to her seat with a proud smile for her favorite team.

 

Amber had a soft chuckle. "I can't believe you."

 

"What?"

 

"You were so quite earlier. How can you Change mood right away?" Amber has no idea. She looked at the older in disbelief.

 

Yoona's head turned to the field again. And apparently, the two teams are stealing the ball from left to right. "You know you have to work quitely and let the success make a noise."

 

"What's the connection?" Amber crossed her arms and also resumes watching the game. Eyes are following the movements of the ball into the field.

 

"Just like this. You have to work hard silently until you get the chance - no more hesitations and grabs it, until you reach the goal - that will make a noise for you. Don't give up, just keep on going."

 

"Are you telling me this.."

 

"So your play in our team will get better." Yoona finished her friend's words, glancing over her with a wink.

 

"Ew." Amber grimace. "I'm not like your fan girls, Captain that would die right away after you wink on them. I feel like puking rather."

 

Yoona chuckles and playfully punch her friend. "I did not ask you to die. I'm asking you to put always that in mind."

 

"With what you said?"

 

"What else? Oh come on, their defense is getting weak." Yoona commented at the same time, when the opponent made a good kick towards the goal box. But she's glad the goalkeeper is quick at catching the ball and kick it so high, getting back the ball to their team. 

 

Amber smirked. "We're winning."

 

"Not a chance." Yoona mutters and casually brought out her phone when she felt it vibrated. She doesn't want to stir away from the field, but she has to check the message. Hesitantly, she traveled her eyes from the field down to her phone. "Omo, it's Chelsea." she gasped when she realized it's a message from the Academy in London she had pass an application for scholarship. She was asked to call after the message was received.

 

"Chelsea?"

 

Suddenly, the crowd went wild -- causing for her and Amber to return their eyes back to the field. "WHOAAAA!!!" Amber literally jumps off of her seat when she realized the one who got the point is her team. 

 

Yoona felt sighed in disappointment, and decided to leave. "I'll get this call." Instead of just nearby, she went out the stadium, as she can still hear the noise from fans. 

 

As soon as she noticed she's far enough from noise, she cleared , took a deep breath and pressed the call button of the contact number flashed on her screen. It only took a few second and the other person from the next line answered.

 

"Hello? Um, this is Im Yoon Ah. I'm returning the call from the message I've received. Is this Director Williams of Chelsea Football Club Academy?" she said in clear voice, through her fluent English. Being a daughter of a professor, she has really enhanced her English Skills. Her mother is an English Elementary teacher on the other hand.

 

[Yes, speaking. It's nice to hear you calling right away, Miss Im. I just wanna inform you that we're currently processing your application, as one of foreign scholars in our academy. You're basically one of the students the school are looking forward to take the scholarship program. is As part of the process, I have some few questions. Are you okay with this?]

 

Yoona's heart beats faster and she almost want to jump out of happiness. "O-Of course Director." as she could only hold it and ready herself to answer the questions.

 

[What made you apply for the program?]

 

Yoona gulped and answered with full confidence, "I have this dream about being one of the players for Chelsea's Ladies Football Club, ever since I was young. It's going to be a great honor if I will play for the team in the near future. Besides this, I want to enhance my skills and gain more knowledge about this sport I'm passionate to play."

 

There was a moment of silence on the next line before the voice went back. [Are you willing to leave your country just to study and play football Abroad?]

 

"My father, it's also his dream to see me in this Academy - So it's not a problem. I am willing to go far, just to reach my dream." Yoona answered, smiling with pride, as she thinks of her dream and her father's dream for her. It's really the same. And she felt loved. "If given a chance, I would never disappoint you Director Williams. I will always do my best."

 

Again, a moment of silence can be heard. Yoona's heart beats gets even faster, as she felt confused if the Director of the Academy is impress with her answer or not. She hope he is. 

 

[For the last question, What are you most excited in coming to our School?]

 

"Definitely I'm excited to learn new things... and make new friends. Would be excited to see how does it looks like there. Um, I haven't travelled, if you may want to ask." Yoona awkwardly said at the end of her answer.

 

[Hmm, Okay. Just wait for any mails from the school if you have passed to take the scholarship exam. The exam will be the last stage. This will determine if you can attend the academy or not. Have a nice evening.]

 

"Yes. Have a nice evening too, Director Williams." Yoona pressed the end call, letting out a huge sigh of relief after it ended. She took her seat at the nearby bench and put her palm on top of her chest, as she can still feel and hear the beats of it. "I hope I passed." she mutters, as she felt anxious. "But I guess I did my best to answer him. If I can't, then it's okay. I can still try next time." she shrugs and finally put away her palms on her chest. She got up and was about to go back when she caught the attention of a girl, running, and in the other side, a guy is on his bike, not looking to his way. He is going faster and faster, the same the girl is doing. "Miss watch out!" so with her instincts, she quickly meet her halfway, and move so fast -- grabbing the latter by the waist and pulled her over against her body. She stepped two backward by reflex before the guy on his bike could crash on them.

 

"Yah! Will you slow down!" She scolded, a bit mad.

 

"I'm so sorry. I'm so sorry." The biker apologized, bowing his head frantically and quickly left.

 

Yoona sighed in relief. Turning her attention to the girl in her arm, she looked down on her and says, "No more danger. You're now safe, Miss." with her bright smile and eyes twinkled.

 

However, as the girl slowly stared at her - she realized something about those eyes she can only see from her face.

 

Shee blinks gently twice as she finds herself breathless and heart started beating fast again. Slowly but surely, she was mesmerized by her slate-blue-eyes and soft gazes, she can't let go of her waist apparently. She feels like she has seen this kind of gaze already. She just couldn't recall when, how, and where. She keeps on staring at her and flashing back her memories until - 'Peng?' 

 

Unfortunately, she snapped back from reality when she noticed a rain drops on top of the girl's head. She looked up, and the other girl also looked up.

 

"Oh no... " Before it could soak them, Yoona swiftly take the girl's hand and gently drags her to the nearest phone booth she saw in the corner of her eyes. She sighed in relief that it rains once they have got in. And it's lucky the telephone booth is wide enough for them.

 

"Thank You." Seohyun said softly, as she felt shy. Being inside a telephone booth with an unknown person has never comes to her mind. Not to mention, someone who reminds her of her childhood friend. But she's glad this person doesn't recognize her as Seo Joohyun, the princess. Otherwise, she would really freak out.

 

Yoona turned her head to her right, flashing a shy smile as well. "No problem." she slowly look away, immediately. "The rain will not take some time, I suppose. We can go out after a while." Looking up to the sky, she pout her lips, as she can see no stars, especially the moon. It's too dark up in the sky, apparently.

 

"Yeah, it seems." Seohyun replied, biting her lip. Her heart is beating fast at the moment. She doesn't like it. She secretly side-eyed the girl standing next to her, she noticed her blonde hair finally. An unconscious smile formed in her lips when she noticed that cute little dimple in her cheek when she smiled. 'She's definitely not my Yoongie. I don't think she has a dimple. No, she can't be.' She looked at her leg, she couldn't see any scar or something from her friend's accident, so it's not really her. But she still really felt shy and awkward at their situation right now. 

 

Yoona also side-eyed the girl next to her. She felt unfair because she's wearing this white mask. She can only see her eyes - and that cute little eye bags. But something have noticed her, she seems to have this chubby cheeks, though she's covering it with the mask. 'Definitely not my Peng. She doesn't have those thin eyebrows. I think, she's even prettier compared with this girl.' She smiled unconsciously took when she cutely puffs, under the mask. Then she suddenly sneezes underneath it. 'But she's cute and adorable.'

 

"Aigoo, can I still watch the match?" Seohyun finally realized she's missing a lot of things in the stadium now.

 

"You're going to watch the game?" Yoona asked, suddenly got this confidence to talk once she heard the unknown girl talk about the football game inside the stadium.

 

Seohyun slowly nod her head. She sighed afterwards.

 

"I'm watching it as well. I don't think it would end right away." Yoona smiled.

 

"Chincha?" Seohyun brightly responded, as she looked at the seems to be older girl.

 

"I'm rooting for Suwon. How 'bout you?"

 

"Rooster."

 

"Heol. They're leading." Yoona's disappointed this girl is rooting for the opponent.

 

"Omo. Really? What's their score now?" Seohyun can't help it and exclaim, suddenly becomes this happy after she heard they're leading.

 

"2-1. Rooster leading." Yoona informed almost in a whisper, because she felt really sad her team is not good tonight.

 

"Kyaaa! That means they're heading to semi finals? Kyaaa, I can imagine the team's celebration now, despite the rain." Seohyun squealed out of happiness. "I hope they'll continue their good performance to the finals and they'll be the champion. That's gonna be awesome! But this is so sad, I couldn't even cheer for them."

 

Yoona pout her lips sadly. She wanted ro tell her that she's feeling the opposite, bur seeing she's happy, she can't. And she looks cute still if she's happy.

 

"Om, sorry." Seohyun had a quick realization when she noticed the other girl's silent reaction, but with a sad face. "I'm so insensitive. I hope I didn't annoy you."

 

"No. It's okay. I understand. If my team is leading, I would definitely do the same." Yoona reassuringly stated.

 

"But really I'm sorry." Seohyun felt a little bad.

 

"It's great to talk with another football fan. Just think of that. No beggies" Yoona advised, softly, earning the girl's eye-smiles. She can't help but looked away.

 

"Did you get to watch the start of the game?" Seohyun casually continued their conversation.

 

"Yup. Why are you late though?" Now Yoona understands the reason of the other girl's run earlier.

 

"I was suppose to watch it with my best friend right now. But something came up and I have to be late."

 

"But are you sick? Why are you in a mask?" Yoona's curiosity can no longer be hold back. She looked at her but the other girl is not.

 

"Fashion." Seohyun lamely replied. 'I know she would ask me this. Aigoo.'

 

"Hmm, Okay." Yoona turned her head outside again, sighing. "The rain seems taking long." she realized it's been minutes now, since they stood inside the telephone booth, and yet, the rain hasn't stop. But she didn't hear a response from the stranger. So she looked at her again, only to notice she's pouting while rubbing her arms. Eyes are on the sky. She's only in her shirt, pants and sneakers, not surprising she's starting to feel cold. 'Aish, she should have told me.' Without thinking it twice, she takes her black leather jacket and put it around the girl's shoulder.

 

"Omo. No." Seohyun quickly take it off. But the stranger put it back.

 

"Just give that back if the rain stops later." Yoona stated, beaming a smile. She crossed her arms and turned away from her. 'Dude, this is the first time I'm handing my jacket to a stranger. But she's cold. So why not? I can't let her freeze and die here.'

 

Seohyun sighed and shyly smiled. "Thank You. But how about you?" Her heart is fluttering with this unknown girl. But she's worried she'll freeze as well.

 

"I have a thick skin. I can handle this." Yoona reassured. "I can handle even the coldest weather. So don't worry... But I can see that you feel cold, I wouldn't like to see someone freezing in my side. So just take it. You can return it later after all."

 

Seohyun's speechless and agape. She didn't noticed, she's now staring admirably to this kind person. The last time she encounters someone so kind like her, her Yoongie. Who didn't hesitate and share the best words in the world just to make her feel better.

 

Yoona can feel the gazes from the stranger, making her feel blush at the moment. But she pretended she's not caring at all and keep her eyes to the rain, while is shut. She wasn't talking anymore, so it's not a problem. But literally couldn't deny the fact that her heart is just melting, the more she stands next to this girl. As if, she has this one of a kind and precious aura in her.

 

When she finally notice she wasn't staring anymore. She take a secret glance to the girl, on time she looked back at her. Both of them looked away immediately when their eyes meet. 

 

'Aish, why am I freezing?' Yoona thought at the back of her head. 

 

'What am I getting myself into?' Seohyun also confusedly stated in her head.

 

The atmosphere is once again fell into silence. Both are having this blush on their faces. Slowly, the rain have subsided, but non of them make a move in their place.

 

"Hyunnie? Is that you?" Unfortunately, everything comes to an end when a female voice coming from the distance was heard so loud.

 

"Your friend?" Yoona creased her brows towards the other girl. "So your name is Hyunnie? Or just nickname?"

 

"Yes. Um, Than-Thank You." Seohyun bowed, handed her jacket and thanked her. Before she can answer her back, she meet this another unknown girl half way outside the booth and drags her away from her. They're heading to the stadium in a hurry.

 

Yoona is agape, while watching the girl getting far from her. 'I doubt if she's really my Peng, her name is Hyunnie. Aish, this is Peng's fault too. She changed her number when I tried to called her again. We would still be seeing each other today if she didn't.' In her thoughts, but she felt confused. "Why my heart is still beating weirdly?" because her heart is still beating fast. "Aish, must be about the Academy. Reminding me that I shouldn't feel confident I will pass. Just hope and pray for the best. Yeah, that's it. Omo. The game!" realizing the match hasn't ended, she hastily exited the telephone booth and went back to the same stadium.

 

--

 

"Yah! What's up with with you?" Irene asked curiously and worriedly, as soon as they take their seats in the audience area and saw her friend, looked like bothered with something, just by looking at her eyes. She has never said anything earlier, and just drag her inside the stadium. "Did you eat? Or not?"

 

"Do you remember that person I've told you? Back when I was a little kid?" Seohyuyn suddenly said, turned her head to face her best friend.

 

"Oh, that childhood friend that leaves a deep impact in your heart?"

 

Seohyun nodded. "Yeah."

 

"And?"

 

"The girl earlier." She pout her lips, looking back to the field. "She reminds me of her. Aigoo, she made me miss my Yoongie because of her doe-eyes. But I can't be sure." sighed her, as she pout. Instead of focusing honestly on the game, her mind is clouded by the event earlier. "Not all having this doe-eyes is my Yoongie."

 

"Hyun, you sure she's just a simple childhood friend?" Irene grinned, teasing the other girl. "Because as I look at you right now, you're like having a relationship with this childhood friend for a long time.

 

"You're silly. She's a special friend. How can you say things like that?" Seohyun shakes her head a little in disbelief.

 

"Hmm, you have the point too." Irene shrugs her shoulders.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter