Chapter 55

The Innocent Story Of SinB

 

As SinB got home with Umji, they found the house empty. SinB felt relieved but knew she would face her parents soon. They walked to SinB’s room and sat on the bed, SinB didn’t know how to face her mom, she would kill her for sure…just thinking about it made her spine shiver.

 

Umji sighed and put her hand on SinB’s shoulder. “We will get you out of this mess okay?” said Umji and SinB turned her head to Umji smiling at her best friend.

 

“What would I do without you?” asked SinB with a sad smile.

 

“Nothing for sure!” joked Umji while pushing SinB. “So, do you want to tell them the truth?” asked Umji and SinB arched an eyebrow at her. “Well you can confess and suffer your punishment, or we can figure something out to save your …” explained Umji.

 

“You would lie to my parents to help me?” asked SinB shocked as Umji roll her eyes with a smile.

 

“How many time did I cover up for you? Of course I would lie to your parent for you!!” said Umji and SinB smiled, it was true. Even though Umji got the same kind of education than her and they both know that lying is a terrible thing, knowing that Umji is ready to lie for her really made SinB love her best friend even more.

 

“But I can’t lie to them, they will know... I’m bad at lying…” said SinB looking down.

 

“You won’t be alone, I will be with you and help you make them believe us…” said Umji. “But to start we should do something nice for them. Hmm what about making diner?” proposed Umji and SinB nodded.

 

“Good idea!” said SinB as she stood up from the bed.

 

Umji followed her. “I got the perfect lie for your parent, I will tell you all while we cook so we will be ready to confront them when they come home!” said Umji and SinB smirked. Umji looked like a villain with a devious plan that just came out of a cartoon.

 

Once Umji finished explaining her plan to SinB, they were dressing the table. “It can work.” said SinB nodding.

 

“Of course it can work, if not I wouldn’t propose it to you!” said Umji hitting SinB. “Don’t forget to act normal, don’t panic, I’m here with you.” she added to reassure SinB.

 

The door opened and SinB’s parents entered.

 

“It smells so good!” said SinB’s dad while taking his shoes off, he dropped his coat on the couch and went to the dining room. “Wow!” he said looking at the table. Only after seeing the food he realised SinB and Umji were in the room. “Oh hi girls, you two made all this food?” he asked smiling.

 

SinB didn’t had time to answer, her mother already appeared at the door. “SinB.” she just said with a cold glare in the girls’ direction. “Umji.” she said as much cold and Umji shivered. She loved SinB’s mom but right now it was true that this woman was kind of scary.

 

“Hello Umma, Hello Appa.” said Umji smiling.

 

SinB made a step closer. “Good evening...” she said shyly. “We made dinner.” she added as they all sat around the table.

 

“So you think this dinner will make us forget about your night out?” asked her mother frowning.

 

SinB swallowed hard. “I’m sorry I should have called…” said SinB with a deja vu feeling.

 

“What happened? Where were you?” asked SinB’s mom not touching the food while her husband was eating and waiting for the girls to explain.

 

He saw that SinB hesitated so he looked at her. “Your mom asked you a question SinB.” he said softly. “We have the right to know, we were worried not to hear about you, especially on a weeknight.” he explained and SinB nodded.

 

Before SinB could mutter a word, they heard Umji voice. “Actually she was at my house.” said Umji before calmly taking a sip from her glass. “Like I told you, she left but came back like…” she looked at SinB. “Like 10 minutes later?” she asked and SinB just nodded. “Yeah around 10 minutes later I heard her at the door ringing my doorbell crazily.” explained Umji so sincerely that even SinB was starting to believe their lie.

 

“I was so scared.” said SinB knowing that if she said more she would panic and her parents would know she’s lying.

 

“What happened?” asked SinB’s dad his full attention on his daughter.

 

“Someone followed her in the streets.” said Umji with a worried expression. “There is a weird guy in our neighborhood, he scared our neighbor’s daughter last time. He would sometime follows girls around.” said Umji and SinB looked at her with wide eyes. Was it true? No of course Umji was lying right? SinB didn’t know anymore, Umji was very good.

 

“A ert?” asked SinB’s mother still not sure if the girls were telling the truth. She looked at SinB who nodded before looking at Umji.

 

“I ran back to Umji’s house, I was very scared.” said SinB her voice trembling a little because of the big lie they were telling but her parents seemed to think it was because of the emotions of the fake previous night.

 

“Are you ok?” asked SinB’s dad softly, worry about her daughter.

 

“Seems like she is.” said SinB’s mom eying her daughter. “And why neither of you called us?”

 

“We were shocked.” said Umji with a sad face now. “So shocked that he may follow SinB to my house, my parents weren’t here that night, so we panicked and went to lock all the doors then we waited at the windows to make sure he wasn’t around…” she said and SinB could almost feel like Umji was living the moment. This girl was amazing.

 

“If your parent weren’t home, shouldn’t that make more sense that you girls would have call us?” asked SinB’s mom, once again, trying to find a loop in the lie. But before, they could explain themselves, they heard SinB’s dad.

 

“Baby, they were too scared! They wouldn’t think rationally like you or me. Just be reassured that they are both safe and sound. And of course, our pretty baby girl got followed by a sick ert. She’s such a beauty!” started SinB’s dad. “She must be so scared! Come here my baby!” he said standing up and opening his arms.

 

SinB felt a little guilty to worry her parents like that as she went to hug her dad. He took her in his strong arms and SinB felt reassured. Then SinB looked at her mommy. She looked at SinB and opened her arms too, asking SinB to come give her a hug too. SinB gladly went and hugged her mom, it was rare that her mom showed her affection. SinB’s mom was hugging her tight and kissed her forehead. “Next time, please make sure to call or text us so we know ok? We were worried sick...” said her mom with a soft and caring voice while looking at both SinB and Umji. Both of them nodded.

 

The rest of the evening went pretty well, even SinB’s mom seemed to believe them and so she wasn’t mad at SinB anymore, they talked and laughed, and SinB was glad Umji was here with her to help her. Without her best friend she would have ended up locked in her room for the next three months.

 

Before it was too late, Umji decided to go home, SinB walked her to the door. SinB smiled at Umji while the girl was putting her coat. “Umji you were amazing tonight.” said SinB in a low voice. “Really I wouldn’t have made it without you. I love you my buddy, you really saved my !” said SinB hugging Umji tightly. “You need to teach me how to be such a good liar.” she added and Umji laughed.

 

“I didn’t even know I was a good liar, I rarely lie you know it!” smiled Umji then SinB’s dad joined them.

 

“Umji I will drive you home.” he said putting his coat too. “I don’t want you to walk alone when there is a ert around your house.” he said concerned before opening the door.

 

“Thank you Appa.” smiled Umji before following him, then she turned to SinB and winked to her before getting in the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Haha some of you actually wanted Umji and SinB to get in trouble! Tsk tsk =P we are not that bad ;) How did you think they manage it? Was our Umji smart?

Well well well, SinB was saved by Umji!! Now what's next?! Wow!! 197 subscribers!! Almost 200!! Thank you so much!! Welcome to all the new subscribers! Hope we will hear from you soon ;)