Chapter 140

The Innocent Story Of SinB

 

When SinB opened her eyes, she realised it was probably still very early as she could see how dark it was by the window. Umji was lightly snoring beside here and SinB smiled. She took her phone and looked at the time, 5:12 am. She put her phone back on the nightstand and rolled on her back looking at the ceiling.

 

There was still some time to sleep more but everytime she closed her eyes she would see Yejun hurt expression as she told him she probably wouldn’t dance. SinB sighed, she wanted to dance but at the same time it was scaring her so much, and she really had to work on her classes to make sure her grade would get back up before her parents notice something.

 

She needed to sleep more before going to school, she closed her eyes and tried to think about something nice, forcing herself to feel good to fall asleep again but nothing was working after a moment that seemed like an hour SinB looked at her phone again but sighed in frustration as only ten minutes had passed since last time she looked at it.

 

SinB got up without making any noises and went down in the kitchen, she drank some water and walked to the basement’s door, she opened it and went downstairs and she entered her dancing room. If she couldn’t sleep she would at least train to not disappoint Yejun and Jiyoon.

 

She walked to one of the walls and put her hand on the curtain, she hesitated, she wanted to pull it away and face herself in the mirror but her hand was trembling and her heart beating fast. She took her hand away and sighed as she was looking at all the curtains covering the walls of the room.

 

Turning on the music she started some stretching. After her body was ready, SinB put her favorite song and started dancing, she wasn’t following any choreography, she was just dancing some freestyle, making her own moves, enjoying herself.

 

Dancing was something easy for SinB, something that wasn’t asking her any efforts, something that was coming out of her naturally. SinB would always dance if she could, but life wasn't that easy. While dancing, it was the only moment where SinB wasn’t thinking about anything but her moves, her body moving to the music. It was a moment when her brain was only following the music, guiding her body.

 

But SinB stopped suddenly as she imagined herself dancing in front of people, dancing in front of people that would look at her with this predatory eyes, just like Jackson looked at her weeks ago before touching her body with his disgusting hands and…

 

SinB fell on her knees, tears in her eyes. She tried so hard to forget about this. She tried so hard to be strong for her friends, for her parents, for her teachers. But that would be something that would follow her forever.

 

She stayed on the floor crying till no tears would came out anymore. SinB wanted to cry again, but she couldn’t. She turned off the music and sat in a corner, hugging her knees.

 

After what seemed like eternity, SinB heard some noises upstairs. SinB rubbed her eyes and stood up, she took a deep breath and some minutes before going up to greet Umji. SinB smiled as she entered the kitchen, not wanting to worry Umji. But the girl immediately frowned.

 

“You okay? Your eyes are red and you were not in bed when I woke up.” said Umji and SinB sat on a kitchen tool.

 

“I couldn’t sleep but nothing bad, I went to dance a little to relax.” explained SinB as she stole some food Umji was making. “No omelet today?” asked SinB smiling and stealing food again but Umji slapped her hand away and giggled.

 

“No since miss SinB is tired of my omelet I’m doing something different today but it’s not done yet, so go shower the time I finish.” she ordered and SinB nodded sheeply while standing up.

 

Everytime SinB would go to the bathroom, she would avoid looking at herself but it wasn’t easy since she needed to look a little presentable. Everytime her eyes landed on the mirror she shivered and felt terrible. She would also find herself looking terrible too. Once she was clean, she quickly go out and met Umji to eat.

 

Yerin and Sowon arrived and Umji made them eat some food too.

 

“I already ate breakfast.” complained Sowon as Umji was guiding her to the chair.

 

“But you didn’t eat MY food so eat a little before you have to go.” said Umji and Sowon rolled her eyes as she did was Umji asked. SinB and Yerin were giggling at her with their mouth full.

 

“What?” asked Sowon frowning and the girls laughed this time.

 

“It’s cute how you always obey Umji without asking questions.” said SinB and Sowon stuck out her tongue at her.

 

“Don’t start acting like Tom and Jerry right now, finish your food and go to school or you will be late.” said umji and everyone nodded before eating their food.

 

Yerin looked up at Umji. “This is really good Umji.” she told her with her thumbs up and the two other girls nodded which make Umji smile, happy they all liked her food.

 

While they were walking to the school, SinB looked at Yerin but hesitated to talk to her. Yerin saw SinB’s hesitation and turned her head to look at her.

 

“What is it?” asked Yerin with her eyesmile and SinB looked down.

 

“I was… I was wondering how’s Yejun today…?” she asked shyly and Yerin squeezed her hand.

 

“He’s okay don’t worry.” answered Yerin nicely.

 

Sowon looked at them worried. “What’s wrong with Yejunie?” she asked them and Yerin smiled.

 

“Nothing he was a little upset yesterday that’s all.” explained Yerin and Sowon nodded.

 

“Why?” she asked and SinB looked down again.

 

“I told him it wasn’t sure that I will participate at the showcase this time…” said SinB. “He was really sad…” she added and Yerin squeezed her hand again.

 

Yerin used her other hand to caress SinB’s cheek. “It’s okay, he will get over it don’t worry.” she said with a reassuring tone and SinB felt the tears coming to her eyes again. She let go of Sowon’s arm and went into Yerin arm to hug her.

 

“I’m sorry…” she cried and the girls stopped walking. Yerin hugged SinB back and patted her back.

 

“You have nothing to be sorry about SinB.” said Yerin slowly. “The most important is that you do what you are comfortable enough to do. We don’t want you to participate if you really don’t feel like it. Yejun is a little kid, he can’t understand how hard is it for you right now but he will not be mad or sad for long I promise.” said Yerin and SinB nodded in her neck.

 

Sowon patted SinB’s back too. “Come on, don’t put more pressure on yourself, Yerin’s right, just do what you want and can do.” said Sowon and SinB slowly let go of Yerin to brush her tears away from her face. “Now stop crying or all your makeup will run down.” joked Sowon and SinB hit her arm playfully.

 

“I didn’t even put any make up this morning!” pouted SinB. “Is that your way of telling me I’m looking awful?!” she answered and Sowon laughed.

 

“You’re beautiful.” said Yerin as she took SinB’s face in her hands making SinB blush madly.

 

“Okay let’s go or we will be late.” said SinB turning away from Yerin’s face and taking Sowon’s arm and Yerin’s hand again to walk to the school.

 

That day SinB had many classes with Yuju but the girl was nowhere to be found. SinB focused on what her teachers was saying but feel lost as she wasn’t focus on their previous classes and SinB hadn’t fully studied everything she missed or barely listened yet.

 

As SinB finished her day, Sowon was waiting for her in front of her class, they walked away together. “Do you want to go home right now or maybe we could hang out a little?” asked Sowon and SinB hesitated.

 

“I need to study…” she said and Sowon nodded.

 

“What about the library?” she asked smiling. “It’s a good place for studying and nothing will distract us.”

 

SinB nodded. “If you’re okay with that that would be great. I’m so behind in my studies…” said SinB as they walked to the library and took a nice spot in a corner away from the other tables.

 

“I have to study too, I have an exam coming up.” said Sowon as they took their notebook and started working in silence.

 

There were stuff SinB wasn’t sure about but Umji wasn’t here to explain it to her… even if they went home, Umji had class all day till late so she wouldn’t be able to help her right now. SinB tried to find an explanation in her book and finally understood it or mostly. She would still ask Umji tonight to be sure.

 

It was already late when SinB’s phone vibrated.

 

“Have to stay in school some more, I will be late so don’t worry if I don’t arrive on time today. See you later! love you!” SinB smiled as she read Umji’s message.

 

“What is it? Good news?” asked Sowon looking at SinB with a raised eyebrow.

 

“No, just Umji saying she will be late.” said SinB. “Wanna go home?” she asked tired to work, it has been two hours they were here and SinB wanted to go home now.

 

Sowon nodded and packed her stuff then walked SinB to her house. As they entered SinB left her shoes and bag in the entrance and went straight to the couch, letting herself fall on it.

 

“So good to be home...” she mumbled her head into a pillow.

 

Sowon giggled at her silliness then she got closer to the girl. “Hmm SinB?” asked Sowon hesitating.

 

SinB took her head out of the pillow and looked at Sowon. “What?”

 

Sowon hesitated. “Do you… do you mind if I stay at your house tonight?” asked Sowon shyly and SinB sat correctly on the couch to look at the tall girl who sat beside her.

 

“You’re always welcome here, there is no problem Sowon but do you have problems at your house?” asked SinB worried.

 

Sowon looked up at SinB surprised and waved her hands in front of herself. “No no.” she said quickly to reassure SinB who relaxed. “My mom is on night shift this week and I usually invite Eunha over or go to her house so I’m not home alone on those nights.” explained Sowon a little sad at the mention of Eunha’s name.

 

SinB nodded understanding. “Of course you can stay but you must know that my parents should be home tonight.”

 

Sowon froze. “Your… your parents?” she asked wide eyes. “I don’t know if I can handle a dinner with your mom SinB.” said Sowon and SinB laughed.

 

“It’s okay I told you she likes you, just be yourself!” said SinB as she patted Sowon’s arm.

 

Sowon nodded clearly stressed now. “Should we prepare dinner? When will they arrive?”

 

SinB shook her shoulders. “Probably just in time for dinner, they will stay two or three days and leave again like always.” said SinB sadness in her voice. “They wouldn’t leave the house that much last year… I feel like now they consider me an adult they are feeling better about leaving me alone most of the time…” said SinB looking down and Sowon poked her side.

 

“You’re not alone, you have Umji and also me.” she said opening her arms for a hug and SinB smiled before letting herself fall into Sowon’s arms.

 

“Thank you.” said SinB enjoying the warmth of Sowon’s embrace.

 

“So do we cook something for your family?” asked Sowon breaking the hug to stood up.

 

“Why not!” smiled SinB as she followed Sowon to the kitchen and assisted her to prepare a good dinner.

 

An hour later everything was ready and the girls dressed the table, Umji arrived at that moment and almost drooled as she smell the food.

 

“Wow, what did you girls cooked?” asked Umji putting her coat and her bag in the closet close to the entrance so it would not be on the floor like SinB’s stuff.

 

“So many things!” said SinB and Sowon smiled.

 

“We thought it would be nice if we cooked something since you were busy and SinB’s parents will arrive soon.” explained Sowon. “And you can enjoy a nice meal without having to cook it for once.” said Sowon aware that Umji kept cooking for SinB almost everyday now.

 

Umji smiled at Sowon. “I can’t wait for dinner!” she said happily before looking at SinB. “You should put your stuff away before your parents arrive, your shoes are in the way again and they-”

 

Umji stopped talking as they hear the front door opening.

 

“Ouch!”

 

“SinB-ya! Your shoes! Your dad tripped on it again!” yelled SinB’s mom and SinB giggled as she ran to meet them.

 

She hugged them tightly and pulled them in the kitchen.

 

“SinB-ya... at least you could let appa and umma take their coats off.” said Umji rolling her eyes and SinB’s mom nodded at her.

 

“Sowon and I made dinner.” she said proudly and her parents smiled at the good smell coming out of the plates that were on the table.

 

“It smell too good.” said SinB’s dad. “I can’t believe SinB participated in this.” he before greeting Umji and Sowon with a hug. “It’s good to see you girls.” he said to them and SinB’s mother greeted them too.

 

“We’re going to change and then we can all enjoy dinner.” said SinB’s mom and everyone nodded.

 

“I will change too.” said Umji. “I can’t wait to finally be in pyjama.” she said smiling and SinB’s dad patted her head.

 

“Umji-ya is staying over tonight?” he asked happily and Umji nodded.

 

“Sowon is staying too.” added SinB and her dad smiled at her.

 

“Great so we can get to know her better.” he said as she winked at Sowon who froze remembering how SinB’s mother questioned her the first time she met them.

 

They shared dinner with a good ambiance, SinB’s parents complimented Sowon on her cooking skills and were glad SinB had so many friends that were good in the kitchen and that it was sad SinB herself was so bad.

 

SinB pouted a little but they laughed as her dad defended her, they kept laughing and teasing each other till it was time to go to sleep.

 

Sowon asked SinB where the guest room was but SinB told her to stay with Umji and her since her bed is big enough for all three of them. They talked among themselves for a while before finally falling asleep.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone! I haven't heard from alot of you lately :( is our story getting boring? :S Thinking if we should keep it short and end it soon. 

How was this chapter? SinB still haven't trouble looking at herself in the mirror and worry about Yejun. A family ambiance with SinB, Umji, Sowon and the parents. I hope you guys like it and I hope to hear from you again!