Chapter 62

The Innocent Story Of SinB

 

 

As SinB watched Yuju walking away, she was just standing in the hallway, feeling empty until she felt a tapped on the shoulder.

 

“SinB, why are you standing in the hallway like this?” asked a familiar girl.

 

SinB turned around and saw this familiar figure. Her eyes got teary and she quickly hugged the tall girl.

 

“SinB? What’s wrong?” asked Sowon, quickly hugging back the latter. They haven’t met for a long time but still, but it seemed like Sowon would always be here when SinB was feeling down, just like the time she realised she loved Yuju. Sowon slowly patted her head. “What’s wrong??” she asked again but got no answer. She slowly patted SinB’s shoulder and dragged her out of the building, letting her cry her heart out.

 

After a while, SinB finally calmed down. Sowon handed her a handkerchief. SinB was wiping her tears away.

 

“So...do you want to talk about it?” asked Sowon carefully, while putting her hand on SinB thigh.

 

SinB shook her head. “I’m fine… ” she mumbled which made Sowon roll her eyes.

 

“Right, says the girl who just cry her heart out and made my shirt completely soaked in her tears?” answered Sowon sarcastically.

 

SinB looked down. “Mianhe Sowon…”

 

Sowon sighed. “Is it something related to Yuju?” she asked knowing SinB’s feelings toward their friend.

 

SinB didn’t answer.

 

“Right..what happened? Did… you… ditch her and she got mad at you?” asked Sowon trying to understand the situation.

 

SinB shook her head.

 

“Did you promise her something and didn’t hold up to your promise?” Tried the tall girl but it didn’t seem to be about that.

 

Again, SinB shook her head.

 

“Did you confess to her and she rejected you?” said Sowon very carefully, this time.

 

But once again SinB shook her head.

 

“Then what??” asked Sowon, totally lost, what else could have happened between the two girls for making SinB cry.

 

No answer from SinB, once again.

 

“Alright then, I will go knock some sense into Yuju.” said Sowon as she stood up but quickly got pulled back down by SinB.

 

“Yah… Don’t… she doesn’t know that I’m crying…” said SinB in a sad tone.

 

“She makes you cry like this and doesn’t even know?? Even more the reason I need to go talk to her!” exclaimed Sowon, getting a bit irritated, how could that girl make such a sweetheart cry.

 

“Please.. Sowon…” begged SinB, getting teary again. Sowon quickly pat her head.

 

“Araso, araso...I won’t knock her head… but I don’t promise I won’t kick her !” added Sowon which made SinB giggle.

 

“There… you smile… finally!” said Sowon in a caring voice, continuing patting SinB head.

 

“Yuju hate Yerin… so much…” said SinB suddenly.

 

“Yerin?” asked Sowon confuse before remembering. “Oh! That chemistry girl that you introduce to me last time!” she said and SinB nod. “So? You can choose who you want to be friend with. You can’t have all of your friends getting along all the time.” but got no answer from SinB.

 

“Please don’t tell me that Yuju ask you to stop being friend with Yerin?” asked Sowon, which got no answer, once again but SinB looked down sadly. “Seriously?! That girl!!” exclaimed Sowon not believing it.

 

“She… told me to not associate with Yerin… I tried my best to not talk to her when Yuju was around but then she found out that I hung out with her...she got really mad...so she made me choose between her or Yerin…” explained SinB with her voice cracked and her eyes was getting teary once again.

 

“And obviously, you chose Yuju.” and SinB nodded.


 

“Of course I choose Yuju, I love her and she told me Yerin was a bad person.” said SinB.

 

Sowon frowned. “A bad person?” she asked not understanding.

 

SinB looked up at the tall girl. “Yuju confessed to me that Yerin hurt her when they were in high school.” she said not wanting to expose Yuju’s confession fully to Sowon knowing Yuju told her because she trusted her. “Yuju is scared Yerin will use me and hurt me like she hurt her in the past.”

 

Sowon nodded. “So Yuju think she’s protecting you?”

 

SinB nodded. “But ignoring Yerin like that and blocking her number without an explanation isn’t right…” said SinB and Sowon was thinking about it. “Yerin’s right, she deserve to know…”

 

“Wait.” said Sowon. “You blocked her number too?” she asked disbelief.

 

“Yuju forced me to…” said SinB shyly.

 

Sowon sighed. “I know Yuju want to help you and protect you but she can’t control your life like that SinB.” said Sowon. “I love Yuju, she’s my friend but I would never let her do something like that to me…” said Sowon putting her hand under SinB’s chin so the girl would look up at her. “You have to stop this, don’t let people control you like your mom does.”

 

“Easy to say…” mumbled SinB and Sowon smiled at that childish attitude.

 

“If you want my advice, go talk to Yerin, tell her clearly why you treated her like that, because you know she hurt other people before and don’t want to be the next one and tell Yuju to stop this, she need to trust you and believe in your judgment. You’re old enough to know if people have bad or good intentions with you.” explained Sowon very seriously and SinB realised how mature the tall girl was.

 

“I don’t think I’m as mature as you, I never know what are people's intentions…” said SinB sincerely.

 

Sowon smiled at her. “Then you will learn by making mistakes and getting hurt but that’s life.” said Sowon hugging SinB again. “So now stop crying and put some order in your life!” she said with a cheering tone.

 

SinB laughed. “Thank you Sowon I will try…But don’t say anything to Yuju, I will try to talk to her myself.” she said and Sowon nodded at her. SinB was thinking about this mess and remember how Yerin talked to her after her mom forbidden her to associate with Yuju, SinB remembered how Yerin told her to follow her heart, to make her own decision, and now Sowon was basically saying the same thing. This girls were so much more mature than her. SinB wasn’t sure she would be able to assume her responsibilities. She was so used of the security her mom provided her. Letting other people control her was the easiest way but not the one she liked the most... She got out of her thought when she felt a hand on her shoulder. She turned her head and met Sowon’s eyes.

 

“And SinB, if anything happen you can talk to me. Okay?” said Sowon sincerely, SinB nodded at her and they both did a pinky promise.

 

They stayed silent for a moment, and SinB felt comfortable, it was like when she was with Umji, they could stay hours together and not talking without feeling awkward or anything. They watched the other kids passing by, some were running late, others seemed lost. Sowon’s phone rang and it broke their peaceful silence.

 

Sowon smiled and picked up the call.

 

“Eunha-ya!” said Sowon happily. “You’re done with your class for the day?” asked Sowon and SinB could hear Eunha’s voice saying she was indeed done and wanted to know where Sowon was. “I’m with SinB, meet us in front of the cafeteria.”she said and Eunha answered she would be here soon.

 

SinB and Sowon walked to the cafeteria and waited for Eunha, it wasn’t long before she arrived. They sat at a table outside and enjoyed the sunny day. They were talking about their classes and SinB realised that with all those cancelled class she got her afternoon free just like the girls.

 

“Yuju will soon join us then we are all free, what about hanging out altogether?” asked Eunha smiling. “I feel like it’s been a long we didn’t do something together.” she added and SinB nodded.

 

“Umji is free today, I will ask her to join us.” said SinB taking her phone out of her pocket. Having fun with her friend would make her feel better for sure, and she would forget about what just happened.

 

Sowon frowned when she heard that Umji would join them but Eunha put her hand on the tall girl’s arm reassuring her. Sowon smiled at Eunha and put her hand on Eunha’s one. SinB looked at them and smiled a bit.

 

“What should we do?” asked Eunha all excited but before one of the girls got time to answer, Eunha jumped from her seat. “You could come to my house! My dad bought me new polish nail, what about we do each other’s nails?” asked Eunha and Sowon smiled at the short girl. SinB was sure Sowon would agree to anything Eunha would say.

 

“Yeah, I have some that I never use, I could bring them to your house.” said SinB and Eunha was even more happy now.

 

“Sowon you should take yours too!” said Eunha. “What about I go first then you all meet me there? So I will have time to clean my house a little.” said Eunha and left.

 

“But I don’t remember where you live.” said SinB frowning but Eunha was already too far way to hear her. “I only visited once and I was following Sowon and Yuju…”

 

Sowon laughed. “I will pick you up at your house, don’t worry.” said Sowon standing up. “And tell Umji to meet us too so we will all go together.” she added just when Yuju arrived to the table.

 

“You guys want to hang out at Eunha’s house?” asked Yuju and Sowon nodded at her. “She texted me saying I have to go to her house.”

 

“Yeah, she invited us, we will do each other nails.” explained Sowon and Yuju smiled.

 

“Great I needed a manicure!” exclaimed Yuju. “But it’s far away...I really don’t feel like walking all the way.” she added pouting.

 

Sowon sighed. “Go to SinB’s house, she had to pick her polish nails then I will meet you guys.” she explained again before leaving for good.

 

“Follow me?” asked SinB, Yuju nodded smiling and took SinB’s hand in hers as they left university too. As they arrived to SinB’s house, Umji was already waiting in front of the door.

 

“Did you wait long?? Why didn’t you just go in? You have my key buddy!” said SinB confused.

 

“No no, I didn’t wait long. I just got here. I know you will arrive soon, so I might as well wait for you out here.” winked Umji to SinB.

 

SinB opened the door and let the girls in. She offered them some water.

 

Umji showed her manicure products to Yuju, they started talking about their nails and SinB decided to go in her room pick her stuff. She just got time to put everything in a bag that she heard a car horn. She ran to the window wondering what it was and saw a car parked in front of her house.

 

Then Sowon got out of the car and waved at SinB who looked at her wide eyes. SinB waved back at the tall girl and ran down the stairs, she opened the door and found Sowon smiling at her.

 

“You have a car?” asked Umji behind SinB being more fast to ask than her best friend.

 

Sowon nodded. “Actually it’s my mom’s car, she’s carpooling with our neighbors so I can use it today.” She explained to the girls. “I think Eunha arrived to her house and got time to clean a little.” added Sowon as she made sign for the girls to go to the car.

 

Yuju sat on the passenger seat while SinB and Umji went on the backseat. All of them were glad that Sowon was driving them. They arrived to Eunha’s house and Sowon was the first in front of the door. She knocked but Eunha didn’t open.

 

“Eunha!!” shouted Sowon while knocking again. “Open the door!”

 

“Wait a minute you girafe!” answered Eunha clearly running into her house. The girls laughed and only Sowon stayed silent.

 

After a minute, Eunha opened the door. SinB looked around, she didn’t payed attention to it last time, she was worried about Eunha being sick and surprised to see Umji there when they arrived, but this time she took the time to look at the house.

 

It was a small house, with old furnitures. SinB saw a picture of Eunha with a man that she guessed would be the short girl’s dad. They followed Eunha to the living room and sat on the couch, there were snacks and drinks on the coffee table.

 

Eunha picked up a newspaper that was on the floor beside the table and went in the kitchen. SinB looked around the living room and her eyes caught a photo on the wall, it was young couple, the woman looked like Eunha.

 

Sowon followed SinB’s gaze and patted the girl’s shoulder. “It’s Eunha’s parents.” explained Sowon in a whisper.

 

SinB stood up and approached the frame. The couple seemed so happy. She turned to Sowon. “I never heard Eunha talking about her mom.” she said and Sowon looked at the kitchen direction but the short girl wasn’t coming back yet.

 

“Her mother died when Eunha was a kid.” said Sowon softly with a sad look at the picture. “She was sick, Eunha’s dad tried everything but they couldn’t save her. Eunha was 8 at that time…” added Sowon and SinB took a big breath not to let the emotion get her. She would never be able to imagine how hard it had been for the short girl. “She doesn’t like to talk about that.” said Sowon as she dragged SinB back to the couch where Yuju and Umji were chatting while eating the snacks.

 

As they sat back SinB looked at Sowon. “It’s sad that both of you are left with only one parent…”

 

Sowon laughed. “Well I didn’t lose my dad, he’s just an that cheated on my mom when I was a baby.” she said to SinB breaking the sad atmosphere around them. “I rather live with my mom only than to call a guy like him my dad.” SinB nodded in understanding. “And Eunha is very happy with her dad. He really treats her like a little princess.” said Sowon sincerely and once again SinB nodded.

 

“What are you two talking about?” asked Yuju turning to them and putting her soda can back on the coffee table.

 

SinB smiled at her. “Nothing important.” she said before looking at Umji. “So when do we start doing our nails?” she asked just as Eunha came back with a big plastic box.

 

“We start now!” exclaimed the short girl opening the box and revealing all her polish nail and other manicure accessories.

 

SinB looked at Yuju. “I will do you!” she exclaimed taking one of the girl’s hand.

 

Umji laughed and sat on the other side of Yuju. “I will do your other hand.” she said and Yuju smiled giving her other hand to Umji.

 

“I feel like a princess!” said Yuju as she took a pose making everyone laugh.

 

“Well princess.” said SinB holding Yuju’s hand like it was the most precious item she ever seen. “What color would you like more?” she asked and Yuju looked at the box.

 

When she finally decided which color she wanted SinB and Umji started doing her nails. Eunha sat on the coffee table just in front of Sowon. “You do mines?” Eunha asked the tall girl who shook her head. “Please Sowon!!” begged Eunha holding the color she wanted.

 

“I’m not doing it.” said Sowon firmly.

 

Eunha pouted. “Come on!! You’re so good at it! When I do it myself it’s not very well done, especially on my right hand…” said Eunha in a cute voice.

 

Sowon crossed her arms on her chest and sat comfortably on the couch ignoring the short girl.

 

“Yah! Sowon!” said Eunha standing up. “Why you don’t want to do it?!” she asked still pouting.

 

Sowon tried not to laugh at the short girl cuteness. “Last time I told you I wouldn’t do it anymore because you always move and play around so I can’t do it well.” explained Sowon.

 

Eunha smiled and sat back on the coffee table. “I will be a good girl…” she said with blinking eyes and Sowon melted.

 

“Okay give me your hands.” said Sowon knowing she wouldn’t resist more anyway.

 

Eunha happily gave her hands to Sowon who started to apply the polish nail.

 

As they were applying the nail polish, Yuju started to whine. “Yah! SinB, it’s all smudged!!!”

 

SinB pouted. “Mianhe!! I never really did this!!!” she said looking down which made Umji laugh.

“Of course, SinB is such a tomboy, she would never do these thing unless she was given no choice.” said Umji before sticking her tongue to her best friend.

 

“Well, Yuju, you were the one who accepted it!” giggled Sowon.

 

SinB pouted and let go of Yuju’s hand. “Fine..mianhe, I will stop.” then she got up and sat on the sofa while pouting.

 

Yuju slowly gave hint to Umji to stop doing her nail. She got up to SinB, carefully not to smudge the nail polish onto the sofa.

 

“SinB!! Don’t pout pleaseeeee! Come back and do my fingers!” said Yuju with a cute voice.

 

SinB shook her head. “No, it will be all ugly like you said!” pouted SinB.

 

“But, it’s okay since it’s from you!” explained Yuju while pouting more but this time SinB stayed strong, trying her best to resist Yuju’s cute face.

 

Yuju pouted even more and turned around. “Fine, I will do it myself!” then she try to get the nail polish but was having trouble so SinB sighed. She held Yuju’s hand.

 

“Fine, you win… but don’t complain that it turn horrible!” said SinB and Yuju nodded happily. Umji smiled and took Yuju other hand again to finish to paint on it.

 

Eunha exclaimed on how pretty her nails turned out to be. Sowon smiled at Eunha cuteness. Eunha was all happy showing off the nails that Sowon did. She even draw some little hearts and stars on Eunha fingernail which made it look super professional.

 

“Waa! Daebak!!” said Umji as she saw Eunha’s hand. “You can open a store for a salon!” she added admiring Sowon’s work.

 

Sowon blushed. “Thank you… but I don’t think I’m that good...” she said shyly.

 

“Well, at least is a lot better than a certain person…” teased Umji looking at SinB which made SinB whine again.

 

Then Sowon suddenly felt Eunha’s hand on her thigh. “Yeah! We can open a store together! You will be responsible on doing the client's’ nails while I can...hmmm…” then Eunha started to think. “Be the cashier!” giggled the short girl looking at Sowon.

 

“Oh, yeah just like a married couple who own a store and work together!” teased Umji making both Eunha and Sowon blush.

 

“Great idea!! Then me I can work for you guys to develop marketing strategic idea to promote the store!! And then SinB can do the accounting of the company!!” said Yuju all proud of herself.

 

“Then what about Umji?!” asked Eunha, feeling that they left Umji out.

 

“Umji will be the boss! She will sponsor us money!!! Her house is so big and so loaded!” explained Yuju which made Umji shrug and just smile at them, not knowing how to answer.

 

“Really? You’ve been to Umji house? I never beeeen!!!!” whined Eunha looking at Umji and feeling betrayed that she let Yuju come to her house before her.

 

“You can come visit next time.” said Umji smiling and then she looked at Sowon. “You too, Sowon.” she added  making the tall girl smile, knowing Umji didn’t leave her out.

 

At the end of the afternoon, Sowon decided it was time to take everyone to their houses. They helped Eunha clean the living room and said goodbye as they walked out to go in the car. Sowon was the last one to leave, she was at the door facing Eunha.

 

“Next time you will have to do my nails.” said the tall girl showing her hands to Eunha who took her hands in hers.

 

“Yeah but it won’t be as pretty as this…” said Eunha looking at her nails.

 

Sowon smiled. “I don’t care, I just like to spend time with you.” she said and realised what she said out loud.

 

Eunha giggled. “I like to spend time with you too.” answered the short girl blushing.

 

“Sowon!!” shouted Yuju from the car. “Hurry up!”

 

Sowon rolled her eyes and ignored Yuju, she just looked at Eunha. “I will see you tomorrow at school, and don’t forget to kiss your dad for me.” she said and Eunha nodded.

 

“Sowon!!!” they heard again, but this time it was SinB. “You will see her tomorrow it’s not like you’re leaving forever!” she teased and Sowon blushed.

 

The tall girl turned around and glared at the girls in the car. “Shut up SinB!” she just said before looking back at Eunha. “I can’t wait for dropping those kids at their houses!” she said laughing and Eunha laughed with her.

 

“Be careful while driving and text me when you’re home.” said the shot girl sending Sowon away.

 

Sowon turned around and walked to the car. She sat on the driver seat and looked at her friends. “You’re so annoying sometimes!” she said and they all laughed. “Next time don’t count on me for driving you ladies, you will walk all the way here!” she said and the girls whined like kids.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!! Sowon & SinB time <3 aren't they cute together? Isn't Sowon such a responsible friend? She gives good advice to SinB, but would SinB listen? How would she take it? And a bit of WonHa moment <3 and the 5 girls together!! 

As always! How did you find this chapter?? And what do you think will happen? :) 

Tomorrow is Sowon birthday!! Should we post another update tomorrow? ;)