Chapter 149

The Innocent Story Of SinB

 

 

As soon as the door opened, SinB ran to see Umji and hugged her. Umji hugged her back a little confused.

 

“Are you alright?” she asked as she looked around. “Where’s Sowon?” she asked seeing SinB was alone.

 

“She’s with Eunha.” answered SinB her face hiding against Umji.

 

“Eunha? What did I miss?” asked Umji worried now.

 

SinB let go of Umji and let her enter the house, they went to the living room and sat on the couch.

 

“Jackson…” started SinB shaking a little as she now remembered what he did to her before. “He… he was hitting on Eunha too…” said SinB with difficulty.

 

Umji panicked. “Is she okay?!” she asked standing up and SinB caught her arm.

 

“Sowon said she’s okay.” said SinB showing the message Sowon send her some minutes ago.

 

Umji sighed in relief after reading the message. But then looked at how SinB was scared beside her. All this made her remember what Jackson did to her some times ago…

 

Umji hugged her and SinB calmed down. “I answered her to come meet us tomorrow morning to talk.” said SinB and Umji nodded.

 

“You did well.” said Umji caressing SinB’s back.

 

SinB nodded and hugged Umji tight catching the latter off guard.

 

“What’s wrong?” asked Umji softly.

 

“I’m so glad… that Sowon was there for Eunha…” stuttered SinB in which Umji nodded, understanding that SinB wouldn’t want Eunha to suffer what she went through and she slowly patted SinB’s back.

 

“You can cry out loud buddy. It’s just me and you here.” whispered Umji then slowly she felt SinB’s body shaking and started to sob out loud again. It has been a while since SinB cried like this now, but Umji knew that this cries were a good cry for her. So she hugged her tight and let her cry until both of them fell asleep.

 

After their nap, Umji was woken up by her phone. She rubbed her eyes and open them slowly remembering where she was and what she was doing here. She saw SinB beside her and realised they fell asleep some minutes ago.

 

Umji finally took her phone out of her pocket and unlocked it. She had a missed call from her parents. She slowly got out of bed and went out of the room to call her mom back.

 

“Amma? Ne, oh, araso. Okay. We will take care of it.” said Umji into the phone.

 

Then she sighed and turned around, about to go back in the room to check on her sleeping friend but she saw SinB standing there and looking at her with a questioning look.

 

“What’s wrong?” asked SinB seeing her buddy sighing.

 

“Appa and Umma will bring a friend over so she want me to go buy some grocery.” explained Umji clearly annoyed to have to go so suddenly but determined to do it for her parents anyway.

 

SinB nodded and smiled at Umji. “Let’s go?” she asked looking around for a jacket since they would probably take long and it would probably be dark when they would go back to Umji’s house after the groceries.

 

“You don’t have to come SinB, it will be a boring supper.” explained Umji knowing the supper will be about her parents company and her getting in there to help.

 

SinB shook her head and held Umji’s hand. “You are always with me, don’t tell me to not go when I know you would enjoy my company!” winked SinB which made Umji giggle.

 

“Well, as long as you don’t embarrass me at the supper.” said Umji with a teasing tone.

 

SinB eyes widened and she smacked Umji. “Yah! That’s mean! When did I ever embarrass you?!” asked SinB not believing Umji would say something like that.

 

Umji laughed. “Remember that time when my parents friend asked salt, you went to the kitchen and ended up grabbing them sugar?” asked Umji a big smile on her face as they kept teasing SinB about that for weeks after it happened. SinB tried to keep a serious face but as she remembered this moment too she started to laugh too.

 

“Alright, let’s go, we have a bit more than 2 hours to buy some food.” finally said Umji as she checked her pocket making sure she had her wallet while SinB grabbed her backpack.

 

They got out of the house and SinB locked the door. Both of them walked toward the grocery store hand in hand. When they went in, SinB started to put some instant noodle into the bag in which Umji coughed. “What are you doing SinB?” she asked with a raised eyebrow.

 

SinB smiled. “Well, since we are here, we should restock some food right?!” asked SinB innocently in which Umji shook her head.

 

“Can’t you get some more healthy food?!” she asked Umji and SinB giggled.

 

“Wellllll, healthy food and me don’t work together. I can’t cook them.” she stuck out her tongue which made Umji laugh at her childish but cute attitude.

 

“Okay, I will walk toward the meat section, come join me when you are done picking up your unhealthy food ok?” informed Umji in which SinB nodded and she continued looking at the different brand of instant noodle.

 

After some minutes, while Umji was looking at the meat and the expiration date SinB walked toward her, Umji looked at her and rolled her eyes as she saw her best friend with her arms full of pack of noodle and chips.

 

“Seriously??? Nothing healthy? I thought you were here to help me, not to buy food for yourself!” teased Umji while SinB stuffed her stuff in a bag.

 

SinB smiled widely. “Well, you know I’m only good at buying these unhealthy food. So how’s the real grocery going?” she asked now looking at what Umji was looking before she interrupted her.

 

Umji shook her head. “Almost done, just need to get some vegetables.” she said as they walked to the good aisle.

 

As they arrived hear the section, they heard an employee talking in a microphone. “We have a special today, come spin the roulette and you might win a random gift!”

 

SinB and Umji looked at each other and walked toward the voice. There was some people gathering around a guy who was standing beside a big roulette. The same that they could see in some games on TV.

 

They hesitated to get closer and watched some people making a line to try. SinB elbowed Umji and went into the line before there was too much people.

 

“Hello.” said Umji and SinB politely in which the guy smiled.

 

“Here, please spin it.” he said to SinB who was in front of Umji in the waiting line.

 

SinB put her hands on the roulette and pushed hard on it, making it spin very fast. Her eyes didn’t leave the roulette till it slowed down and finally stopped on a loosing box.

 

“Nothing.”  said the guy as he smiled apologetic. “Better luck next time.” he said to SinB who let Umji try it too.

 

Umji smiled and spin it, she pushed less harder than SinB did but the roulette kept spinning slowly making the girls curious to know when it would stop. It finally slowed down still the roulette stopped and SinB jumped happily as it ended up on a winning box. The guy gave them a gift bag. “Here you go.” said the employee with a smile as other clients were gathering seeing someone won something.

 

SinB jumped excitedly next to Umji. “What is it?! What is it?!” she asked like an impatient child which made Umji laugh.

 

“You wanna open it instead?” asked Umji with a smile as she handed the bag to SinB who stared at Umji happily.

 

“Can I?” she asked excited and Umji nodded.

 

SinB took the bad and opened it. “Free 100$ giftcard”

 

“Wow!!!” exclaimed SinB looking at Umji wide eyes. “Which mean all our groceries are free then!”

 

Umji smiled at her best friend. “Yeah, but we would still have some left over.” she said looking at what they wanted to buy, there was not that much food, at least not enough to cost 100$.

 

“Why don’t we get some wine for appa and umma? Won’t they want to drink some wine?” asked SinB more seriously.

 

Umji shook her head. “We have a lot of wine in the basement ar SinB, remember? Let’s get something else.” she explained walking away to see what they would buy with all this money.

 

SinB instead of following Umji turned around. “Then I can go get some more food then haha!” she said out loud before running toward the fast food place which made Umji shake her head again.

 

After they got all their food, both of them were holding 3-4 grocery bags in each hands.

 

“Seriously SinB, look what you got us into!! Who tell you to get so much food?!” whined Umji as she re-adjusted the bags in her hands that were starting to hurt.

 

“Yah! It’s your fault for getting a gift card!” answered SinB which made Umji roll her eyes. “Plus, the heavy stuff is your meat and vegetable!!” whined SinB.

 

They both bickered with each other until they arrived to Umji’s house. They put the food away while Umji put SinB’s snacks at the door. “There, so we won’t forget to take it back to your house.” said Umji knowing SinB would easily forget and then complain about it.

 

Umji took out the vegetable and started to wash it but then SinB walked toward her and helped her out.

 

“Wow, am I dreaming? You are helping me?” teased Umji unable to hide her smirk.

 

SinB pouted. “Yah, stop bullying me, before I didn’t know how. I learn a bit from Yerin now!” said SinB taking plate to put the clean the vegetables in while Umji nodded.

 

“Araso, I’ll let you handle the vegetables while I prepare the other food then.” said Umji leaving SinB to go prepare something else.

 

Then they heard SinB’s phone vibrating. SinB wiped her hand and checked her phone.

 

“Hey SinB! What are you doing? Hope you are having fun without me! I miss you!”

 

SinB smiled then put the phone away.

 

“Yerin?” asked Umji with a knowing look.

 

SinB nodded not too excited and continued to prepare the vegetables.

 

“What’s wrong? You were smily at a moment then you frowned.” asked Umji wondering if something happened.

 

SinB sighed as she took out a knife to cut the vegetables. “Nothing..” she just said focusing on her knife like it was the most important thing in the universe.

 

Umji just remained silent and continued to prepare the food seeing SinB didn’t want to talk more for now.

 

Then in the silent kitchen SinB sighed loudly. “Umji, I don’t know. I’m sad that Yerin isn’t with me.” suddenly blurted out SinB in which Umji, again, didn’t say anything giving SinB more time to think about it and explain herself better.

 

“Yah! I’m talking to you!” said SinB frustrated as she cut the vegetable but accidently sliced her finger. “Ouch!” she explained dropping the knife on the floor and taking her finger in her hand.

 

Umji quickly turned around and hold SinB’s finger. It wasn’t looking that bad, Umji bring her to wash it off then grabbed the band-aid.

 

“Yah! Be careful when you cut!” said Umji with a scolding tone. “It could have been bad…”

 

SinB frowned and looked down. “Mianhe.”

 

Umji shook her head and wrapped SinB’s finger in the bandaid. “Now, sit down, I’ll finish it.” ordered Umji taking SinB’s shoulder in her hand and guiding her to the closest stool to make her sit.

 

SinB pouted but stayed on her stool while Umji went back behind the kitchen counter to continue cooking.

 

“Why are you sad that Yerin isn’t with you?” finally asked Umji after some minutes of silence.

 

SinB looked down. “I’m not sure… I guess I’m so used of her being near me?” said SinB unsure and shy.

 

Umji nodded. “Yeah, that’s a very valid reason. Don’t think too much ok? Remember, she has her own friends too, she can’t be with you all the time.” said nicely Umji as she looked up at SinB and meet eyes.

 

SinB nodded and Umji smiled a bit but then she saw that SinB got a bit teary. Umji stopped what she was doing and walked toward SinB to hug her tight.

 

“Why are you teary now?” asked Umji patting SinB’s back slowly.

 

“Doesn’t that also mean that you won’t be with me all the time?” asked SinB scared.

 

Umji giggled softly. “Well, technically I am not with you all the time. When you shower, poop and go to school.” said Umji as she went back to cook which made SinB giggle.

 

“Yah! You know what I mean!” said SinB and Umji smiled.

 

Then they heard the door open, Umji’s parents were back. The girls ran to greet them, Umji was happy to see her parents, with everything happening with SinB and her parents being out of town more and more she felt like she hadn’t see them in a while.

 

Umji helped them put away their luggages and followed them in the living room.

 

Umji got a hug from her father before her mother joined them and hugged Umji too. “I missed you…” whispered Umji and her mother kissed the top of her head and patted her back.

 

“We missed you too honey.” she said before breaking the hug. “We’re going to change our clothes and start preparing dinner or we will never be ready when the guest will arrive.”

 

SinB looked at them. “Don’t worry about that we already started preparing.” she said with a big smile and Umji’s dad messed her hair slowly.

 

“You cook now?” he asked with a teasing voice and before SinB got time to answer Umji pushed her parents out of the living room so they could change.

 

Once they were ready they saw that the girls were still in the kitchen. They walked there and took over. they were glad the girls helped with this and told them they could take a break now.

 

As they were almost done, they heard the doorbell rang. Umji quickly went to open the door and greeted the man.

 

“Good evening.” bowed Umji in which the guest smiled.

 

“Thank you, you must be Umji.” he said clearly pleased.

 

Umji brought the guest in and they all sat down. SinB went to help carry the dishes out and sat with them. As they expected, they were talking about the company, from time to time they would ask Umji for her opinion in which she answered professionally. And they sometimes even asked SinB about business plans too, since Umji’s parents mentioned that SinB’s family were more about business which caught her a bit off guard but she still managed to give good ideas.

 

It was getting late, when the guest decided to leave. They cleaned everything then SinB and Umji decided that they would stay at Umji’s house this night to sleep since Umji’s parents were home. They talked a bit more after, Umji was happy so enjoy some times with her parents, she was not a baby anymore but she still missed them so much when they were that often out for business.

 

The parents were glad that both SinB and Umji behaved professionally during the dinner, they wanted to sign a contract with that man and since everything went well they feel like they will have a big chances of success now.

 

Seeing it was even more late they bid good night to each other went to their rooms.

 

Umji came out of the shower and noticed SinB staring at her phone. “What’s wrong?”

 

“Just thinking what to type...” answered SinB with her eyes not leaving her phone as she answered Umji.

 

Umji went closer to SinB and looked at the name, Yerin. “Why?” she asked not understanding.

 

“Don’t know.” sighed SinB then she just closed her phone. “Let’s sleep buddy.” she smiled to Umji who jumped into the bed and went under the blanket.

 

Umji pulled SinB over. “Thank you for spending the night with me or else I would die of boredom at the supper.” said Umji very glad that SinB stayed with her for this business dinner.

 

SinB nodded. “You better thanks me! Umma and appa caught me off guard suddenly asking my opinion!!” answered SinB turning around to face Umji who laughed.

 

“True, you totally freaked out, I could see it in your eyes! ‘WHY IS APPA AND UMMA ASKING ME?! I AM NOT READY!’ I wish I could have record you!” which made SinB smack Umji.

 

“Yah, you always smack me lately! When did you become so violent?!” pouted Umji as she turned around her back facing SinB.

 

SinB giggled and wrapped her arms around Umji from behind and pulled her closer. “Mianhe, I love you buddy.” whispered SinB not letting go of Umji and getting comfortable with her best friend in her arms.

 

Umji smiled and nodded. “I love you too.”

 

“Promise me you'll never leave me.” whispered SinB in which Umji nodded.

 

“I promise.” whispered back Umji and both of them drifted to sleep.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello!! How's everyone! Did you guys heard the news?? Yuju will be back soon! I wonder what happened to her :( 

So how was this chapter!? SinB and Umji bonding time! Did you guys had fun seeing them shopping together and spending time together? SinB and her unhealthy food hahaha.  But aww SinB smiled at Yerin text but then put it away making Umji questionning her. It is true that no one can promise to stay with each other forever though, like what Umji said ;) As usual! Let us know what you think! :)