4/08/13 -- Fanboy

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Fanboy
Pairings:OhnoxNino, ShoxNino
Genre:Fluff, Humor?
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:563
Summary:(I'm sure the title is self-explanatory)
 


The first time he heard of Japan’s supposedly y-cute idol was from a group of girls screaming their throats out from his class-- the following day, they couldn’t speak at all. Upon curiosity, he searched the idols by his name on the Internet. What was it again? Oh, no Sato--something? Was his name English and Japanese? Oh well, that’s what Google is for -- correcting his mistakes, that is.



“So you’re telling me,” His best friend, Sakurai Sho, eyed him suspiciously, “that there isn’t a girl in your life?”

He smirks. “Nope.” Because there really isn’t one, though there is someone else...



It’s been weeks now and he still hadn’t told Sho. He wondered if his friend would think he’s crazy for obsessing someone he didn’t even know, or hadn’t even met yet. Let alone, fanboy over a man when his attraction should be towards girls. If he told Sho, though, he’d say something logically which is something he had no interest in. The boy was obsessed with studying, something he doesn’t like to be affiliated with. He’d rather go to one of Ohno’s concerts rather than going to school.



He hadn’t plan on ditching school at all just so his family and Sho didn’t have to worry, but he’s got one -- a ticket without anyone’s knowledge. Neither did he ask his mom, his dad, or even Sho if he could go just for one day so he can finally attend Ohno’s concerts. Ugh, he shudders pleasantly, this is going to be fun...

As the lights dimmed, the music began. Around him, thousands of girls, boys, men, and women all scream and shout. He too, joined in for the heck of it even if it meant he would come to school the next day with a sore throat. And there it was, his voice, his beautiful and amazing voice just like he heard in Youtube...



“Are you going to tell me what’s going on?” Sho asked him the next day, his voice sounding irritated than his usual cool voice. “You ditched, Nino. I thought you stopped doing that.”

“I did stops!” He says. “But it was only this time. I promise I won’t do it again.”

The latter shook his head. “I don’t forgive you at least until you tell me why you have a sore throat.”



As soon as the both of them arrived to his home, he pulled his friend with him to his laptop (Today was the day to finally tell him since Sho needed to know pronto). When he flipped it open, there it was, the photo of Ohno Satoshi on a stage (Nino snagged this somewhere from a site called Livejournal), with a blue mic in his hand. He heared Sho sigh. From relief, or disappointment?

“Look,” Nino nudged him excitedly to look at the screen. “Isn’t he amazing?!”

Sho shrugged. “I guess...”

“Ugh, don’t even say that!” He snaps. “It’s not a guessing game Sho. After you hear his voice, you’ll see why he’s amazing.”

“Look, Nino, I don’t exactly have the time--”

“But listen!” Nino already had the fancam video of Ohno open in youtube. Ignoring his friend’s protests, he clicked play.



He was glad he showed Sho. Since then, they’ve been going to concerts more than school.

END