11/2/13 -- Revealed (Part 25/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Revealed
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:662
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:We had agreed, though, not to tell Jun about our relationship at least until he was older… but that didn’t exactly happen. He found out sooner than we expected.
Warning:Character death


The following week after my birthday, our little house was finished. While mostly everybody thought that it was weird to stay and live within the Manor, I didn’t. I was totally fine with it because I was with the people I love: Masa and Jun. Other people wouldn’t understand anyway, because they didn’t know us well and the fact that we were family. When we moved into the small house, at first we played pretend. Jun was, obviously, the kid, while Masa and I were the older brothers; but what difference did it make when Masa and I already established that we were Jun’s older brother? We had agreed, though, not to tell Jun about our relationship at least until he was older… but that didn’t exactly happen. He found out sooner than we expected.

One night, when we thought that Jun was really asleep, I snuck into Masa’s room and we made out. However, when we heard a gasp, we sat up immediately and saw Jun staring at us with his mouth open wide. I scolded myself for being so careless about leaving the door unlocked while Masa ran after Jun. Moments later, they both came back in the room and Jun glanced at us back and forth.

“Kazu and I decided that we would stay up tonight and make s’mores,” Masa said as he glanced at me from the corner of his eyes.

“Since when—“ I closed my eyes when I saw Masa’s lips tighten as he slightly shook his head so the boy wouldn’t see. “Uh… yeah, we did.”

Jun didn’t say anything, though, and just kept staring at us.

After we had set up around the small fireplace, with Jun sat in the middle, we had hoped that we could somehow explain it to Jun. However, either of us could bring ourselves to do it and kept on exchanging whispered conversations in the kitchen. Masa kept telling me to do it because Jun was more attached to me, while I told him to do it because he was good at talking to other people and made whatever it is seem like less of a problem.

When walked from the kitchen and took either side from Jun, however, he glared at the both of us.

“I already know about you two,” Jun said maturely, although he was just eight.

“What?” I snapped. “How’d you find out?”

“Well, for one,” Jun sighed as he still continued to glance at either of us. “The library isn’t that private. I saw you two,” He shuddered, “kissing behind the encyclopedia shelves.”

“What were—“ Nino decided to drop the question. When Jun turned six, he developed a fascination for reading books that by the time he was seven, he could read kanji. “Well, did anyone else see us?”

Jun shook his head. “No one goes there… but don’t ever do that again. Please. I’m begging you,” all of a sudden the Jun he knew was back, the playful and whiny Jun. I couldn’t help but chuckle since Jun was still a kid and I kept forgetting that sometimes because he talked and seemed more mature than the rest of the kids at the Manor.

“OK, we promise, right Masa?”

Masa nodded his head as he stuffed a s’more in his mouth.

“But if you are… lock the door or something,” Jun said as he shuddered and then stuffed a s’more in his mouth. “Or do it when I’m not here. Oh, and I won’t tell anyone. I know you guys have been keeping it a secret.”

“You’ve got it!” Masa exclaimed through his stuffed mouth. He cupped Jun’s cheeks and pretended to kiss him but the boy slapped his hands away, dropped his stick on the floor and ran from Masa, screaming monster and creep. But I smiled when I saw that Jun wasn’t disgusted at all. In fact, he was smiling as Masa continued to chase him throughout the small house.
 
TBC