2/20/13 -- Bet (Part 5/14)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Bet (Part 5)
Pairings:NinoxSho
Genre:Fluff, AU,
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:1528
Summary:It was a full day of nothing but games, deciding who wins and who's the loser.
 


It was the matter of observing when it came down to trying to find the best piece to pull out of the jenga tower. If he happened to fail and topple the whole tower down, then he’s the one who’s cleaning the bathroom on Friday, same goes to his brother. As he carefully examined the tower with a soft tap, he thought that it was impossible to find a piece. because so far, there almost none left. Most of the blocks were already stacked on the top.

“It’s ok, Kazu,” Came his brother’s sweet yet conning voice opposite from him. “You can do it.”

“Don’t pressure me,” He hissed as he glared at his older brother through the holes in the tower. “I’m concentrating.”

Once his brother obeyed, he finally went back to observing the tower. He thought he wasn’t going to find a block to take out, but he eventually found one. As he gently pushed it out, he felt the tower shake a little; he checked his brother to make sure he wasn’t the one causing it which, thankfully, he wasn’t. It was almost out of it’s row when that he felt celebrating a little bit to which he regretted. Once he fisted pumped the air, the tower crumbled down into piles of nothing and his brother was laughing loudly across from him.

“It’s not funny,” He fumed as he leaned back into the red couch and crossed his arms against his chest. “You won by luck.”

“No, Kazu. If you hadn’t celebrated early, that wouldn’t have happened,” His brother pointed out. “I would have lost.”

“Whatever,” He grumbled. “Knock on my bedroom door when you need me.”

Just as he was about to get up and head to his room, his brother asked him to wait. He knows he was just going to make fun of him again right after he tells him that it was a fun game. However, his brother didn’t say any of those.

“I’ll clean the bathroom, Kazu. It’s my apartment after all.”

At his words, he turned around. He could imagine himself having stars twinkling in his eyes, just like in the animes. “Really?”

“Yes, really.”

“Thank you, Sho!” He beamed, the anger from earlier instantly disappearing.

“Do you want to go out today?”

Kazu shook his head, although he wanted to. “Don’t you have work?”

“No. Which is why I asked.”

“Oh... But where to?”

His brother shrugged. “The park, I guess. Since our Kazu needs a lot of exercising.”

It took him a minuted to figure out that his brother had insulted him. When he did realize it, his brother had already disappeared into his bedroom. He swore he heard him laughing so hard in there.



He thought they were simply going to play catch with his baseball equipments he brought over from home, but he thought wrong. Back in the apartment, his brother strictly told him to wear something he could easily sweat in. He wore one, thinking that he wasn’t going to sweat much anyways. But as soon as they stepped foot on the park, his brother began running, pushing him to run with him.

“Why... are we... doing... this?...” Kazu panted as he tried to catch up with his brother. “I thought... you … were... kidding...”

His brother laughed. “Didn’t I clearly say our Kazu needed exercising? And I can see now that you really, really need it.”

“H...ey...” He weakly gasped out, taking his brother’s words as an insult. “Stop being…mean...”

“I’m just telling the truth, Kazu.”

He groaned, knowing that his brother will not stop for him. His brother was team captain for the soccer team in his senior year after all, and he was known for having a huge amount of stamina. He also ran a 3-mile marathon the day after he graduated. Curse his insanely perfect body.

He managed to catch up with him when they paused for the elderly, but he got distracted by a man offering free balloon that he fell behind his brother again. If his brother kept going, he'll die of exhaustion at this rate. Just as he was about to fall face first to the gravel, strong arms held him tight.

"Be careful, Kazu."

He clicked his tongue in annoyance, although he was relieved his brother caught him. "It's your fault, Sho. I would have fell if you kept going without me."

"Bet you didn't know I kept glancing behind me to see if you were still there."

He tried to hide the blush that was showing in his face, but he was sure enough that his face was already red from running. Just because his brother was like an artificial intelligence, he at least paid attention to him.

"Wanna make a bet?" His brother asked, causing him to snap out of his happy thoughts.

"What kind?"

"Whoever makes it to the edge of this park first, gets to be King for the day. Loser is servant."

Kazu groaned. "We already know who's going to win. I surrender." Just as he was about to head back home, his brother gently pulled him by the arm.

"But we don't know that."

"I do."

"C'mon, Kazu. Just this once, please?" His brother begged sounding as desperate as he was when he asked for video games. "Please?"

Kazu rolled his eyes. Not only was his brother begging, but also making a puppy face which failed. The only face that would be appropriate for him was his own or a mask. Either way, he couldn't say no, not when his brother was desperately asking him as if his life depended on it.

"Fine," he gave in, pushing his brother's hand away. "I know I'll lose."

"We'll see about that. On the count of three." With that said, the both of them crouched in position. As soon as his brother reached three, the both of them sped of.

Kazu made a small glance to his left and was surprised to see his brother still running besides him. He would have thought that he was ahead of him, but he ran besides him as if he was trying to run the same pace. It seemed as though his brother was having a relaxed time as he ran, but he ignored it, thinking that the running from earlier must have tired him. Shrugging, he pushed even further, grinning when he saw that his brother was the one behind this time. Without even realizing it, he ended up winning in the end.

“I won!” He yelled excitedly as he jumped up and down in triumph. “I did it!”

As his brother neared the end, he saw that he had a smile on his face. “I knew you could do it, Kazu!”

“I--”

He paused. What if his brother let him win? Besides, he had that great stamina of his and he could run as fast as a Kenyan. So why was he slow earlier?”

“Did you let me win?” He asked suspiciously once his brother was besides him again, trying to catch up some of his breath -- or if he even had any to lose.

His brother looked at him in a way that made his question sound like he was crazy. “Are you kidding, Kazu?”

He shook his head as he continued to glare at him.

“It’s not like you’re a kid, Kazu. I--”

“But you treat me like one.”

Sho sighed as he rested his hands on his shoulders. “I know that. But I didn’t let you win. I wanted to prove that you still had the energy you did as a kid, and I may have overrun myself earlier...”

There was no point in fighting back since he knew his brother had the right to do the right things for him. Still, though, he felt like he cheated with the help of his brother. Then again, his brother had a point. He still had that energy left in him, but he refused to use it until now.

“Then... I win?” He asked, trying to make sure that he still won in the end.

“Yes, your majesty,” His brother mocked curtsied. “What would you like this humble servant to do?”

Kazu smirked. Oh, he had so many ideas. So, so many ideas to torture his brother the way he tortured him earlier before their bet. The only thing his brother wasn’t good at was baseball, and he so much at it.

“Let’s play a nice game of baseball.”

His brother groaned. “Not baseball, Kazu! You know I at it!”

“Loser is servant. So you have to do what the King asks.” Oh, he’s going to have so much fun watching his perfect brother fail. It’s a good thing he agreed to the bet.

He saw that his brother was about to protest again, but glaring at him seemed to shut him up right away. As he walked back home to retrieve his equipment, he laughed in his head knowing that Sho was silently cursing behind him.

It didn’t matter whether he won or lost, he still hand the upper hand since Sho always spoiled him anyways.

TBC