9/6/13 -- Slow

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Slow
Pairings:OhnoxNino
Genre/Rating:Fluff, Animalverse / G
Word Count:274
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:The cat always seemed to be the one who managed to save the turtle from his misery.
A/N:Not a part of Nino and Jun cat series.



The cat watched with odd interest as the slow turtle moved across the carpet. One second, two seconds, three seconds... one minute, two minutes, three minutes... When the clock reached the first hour, the turtle finally made it to the table that held his tank. Except that the journey was not worth it since he didn't have legs of a spider's that could help him walk up the wood and back to his humble home.

The cat snickered as he walked to the turtle and showed off by jumping up to the table. He purred as he rubbed his cheek against the glass, but quickly pulled away when he felt how cold it was. He let out a hiss when he heard a sound from the turtle, that sounded close to a pout and a whimper. He looked down and saw the turtle was looking up at him with very wet eyes.

He rolled his eyes as he jumped back down. Once he was on his feet, he took the turtle by his tail and placed him on his back. He gave the turtle a look as if saying, 'Are you happy?' to which the turtle responded back with a 'Yes!' through his eyes. He let out a silent laugh as he hopped back up and used his tail to place the turtle inside the tank. When he'd found the right spot for the turtle, right underneath a huge heart-shaped leaf, he let his friend go.

'Thanks,' the turtle seems to say with his eyes, 'like always.'

'No problem,' the cat yawned and snuggled comfortable besides the turtle's home, 'I'm glad to help anytime.'

END