10/3/13 -- Off

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Off
Pairing:JunxNino
Genre/Rating:Fluff, Humor / G
Word Count:570
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:It felt like there was something missing.
 



1. Off

Jun clicked his tongue in annoyance as he stared at his group of friends. It's not that there was anything wrong with his band mates, but there was something else missing in the picture, and it didn't have to do with him. But the problem was, he didn't know what it was.

2. Someone

He took a seat at the far corner to avoid interrupting leader from teaching a new choreography for their fall concert. But as he sat back, watched, and gulped down a bottle of cold water, he noticed that something was missing yet again. He did a quick head count and counted four of the Arashi members plus himself, and a few of the choreographers and staff. There was someone missing.

3. Concern

"Have you guys seen Ninomiya?" He asked everyone, especially the members when the rehearsal ended. "I haven't seen him all day." Everyone just shrugged, except Arashi. They all had the looks of concern on their faces as they searched for the second youngest.

4. Effort

"He's not here," Aiba muttered as he lifted up a couch cushion. Jun rolled his eyes, but at least Aiba made the effort of searching.

5. Strange

"Not here either," Sho replied right after Aiba as he came out of the closet that held their costumes. "But I keep hearing this weird sound, like some kind of music."

6. Beep

Jun eyed the second oldest in curiosity and wondered why it was only Sho who heard the sound. However, it was as if Sho knew what he was asking and gestured him, and the others to the closet. Once they all stood in front of it, they stilled their breath and they could hear faint the sound of faint beeping and cheery music coming from somewhere. As Jun leaned in closer to listen, it was then he realized what it was -- more likely, who it was.

7. Red-handed

Jun rolled his eyes and stepped in the dark closet. After turning on the lights he used his ears to search for the sound and soon enough, he found the gamer nestled in a rack of clothes. Nino's eyes were huge, his eyes so focused on the game that he didn't notice Jun tapping his foot and shaking his head. "You do realize that rehearsals just ended."

The gamer barely looked up, but he replied with a distracted, "What? Since when?"

"Since an hour ago, about the time I-- we realized you were missing."

This time, Nino looked up. His eyes were flaring red, and he had an excited small smile on his lips. "Missing? I've only been in the closet for 8--" He checked his watch and a huge O formed on his mouth. "Oh."

"Yeah, oh."

Nino laughed it off and switched off the console in his hands. As he was slowly pocketing the console away, however, Jun stood right in front of the latter since he knew what his next step was.

"You're not leaving. You're staying here to practice."

"But--"

"No buts!" Jun snapped and grabbed Nino by the arm. "You will practice, with me."

"Oh no!" He heard Aiba from afar and he could imagine the horror in his face. "Mad Jun's out! Nino's gonna get it..."

The latter in his arms groaned after Aiba's foreshadowing, and Jun smirked in agreement. Though this wasn't the first time for this to happen...

END