9/22/13 -- Ramen

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Ramen
Pairings:OhnoxAiba
Genre/Rating:Angst / G
Word Count:464
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:More things are said over a bowl of ramen.
 



Ohno Satoshi was not someone who was open to say things freely, or express how he felt about things. Instead, he kept his mouth shut and let everything flow the way their supposed to. However, every night, Ohno would visit his favorite ramen restaurant that has been opened way before he was born. His parents would take him to that same restaurant every night, but they stopped as soon as he became a teenager, thinking that going out with his parents was lame. In fact, it wasn't. Ohno loved going to the ramen restaurant every night just to see that little boy Aiba Masaki, the owners' son.

Ohno always opened up to Aiba because he's fun to talk to, and he says funny things that only comes out of the his mouth. Usually, they ate over a bowl of ramen: the same flavor and recipe, just the way they both liked it. They talked endlessly until Aiba's parents would say it was near closing time and Ohno would have to say goodnight. After Ohno got home, though, he talked to Aiba using his cell phone and it was odd how he craved for ramen although he already ate a bowl of it.

Their friendship grew at the same time they aged every year. However, Ohno no could no longer feel friendship towards Aiba; in fact, he fell for him. The way he laughed, the way he talked about interesting things, and just everything about him made Ohno fall harder for the boy. He could just tell him how he felt about Aiba, but every time Ohno came to visit, he always saw him with a boy the same age as him. Instead, he backed out and just greeted Aiba as he ordered their favorite ramen.

Jealousy grew within him the more he saw Aiba with that other boy. He almost cried one night when he saw that the boy and Masaki ate the same ramen they both loved. They laughed, talked, and enjoyed each other like how Ohno had with Aiba. The more Aiba spent with that boy, the less Ohno had time to spend with him, and the less he could see his beautiful boyish face; the more his heart created an empty hole.

"Who am I kidding?" he scoffed as he exited the ramen restaurant for the last time, "I'm just an old, desperate man in love with a kid..." He kept telling himself the same thing over and over again that hadn't noticed how less he frequented the restaurant, and that Aiba would sometimes, almost never text or call him back...

Ohno sighed as he took a seat on an empty stool and watched the people pass by him through the convenience store window. He ate his cup ramen in silence as the world went by.

END