4/29/13 -- Darknes

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Darkness
Pairing:Shox(Guess)
Genre:Fluff, idk
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:312
Summary:The world has been dark for as long as he can remember; the sun doesn't exist anymore.
 


The world was a very dark place that you can barely see a speck of dust. It’s been that way now, for the longest time since forever. And since then, no one laughed, no one smiled, no one danced, and no one saw each other. That’s how dark it was, this world, that there was not even the sun shining down from above.

But in between this darkness, there was a man. He made candles under the darkness and lit them with only two sticks. Once it was lit, many, probably thousands, gathered.“It is free,” the man said when a little girl almost blinded by the darkness came by. The little girl, who had never seen light, smiled. And that was when he saw that man, the man with the ability to make one smile with only a flicker of light.

It is certainly beautiful, he sighed as he watched from afar, he’s like the sun that never existed. Oh, but he had seen the sun when he was younger. He was with a family at that time, his father, his mother, and his younger brother, all living happily under a house. Almost everyday as he grew up, he came home with a smile after wandering from yonder. But he as he grew older, he noticed the world slowly grew dark. His family as well was affected that everyone grew distant... He had never seen any of them since.

But since then, he had seen that man from afar, bring light to existence again. Even if it wasn’t as much as the sun. With a smile, he followed the groups of people that seemed like moth attracted to the light. He saw them, everyone, have such warm smiles displayed on their faces.

Maybe, just maybe, this man might just be the light in between all this darkness.

END