9/13/13 -- Pillow

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Pillow
Pairing:AibaxNino
Genre/Rating:Fluff, friendship / G
Word Count:461
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:Nino gets sick so Aiba buys him something to cuddle with.
 



It had been a very distressful day for Aiba with dance rehearsals for Arafes, filming, and the casual idol work that it was impossible for him to have free time. However, he felt a weak tap on his arm and he glanced over his shoulder. What he saw was Nino, casual Nino on a casual work day, but his eyes, nose, and cheeks were burning red as if he came back from a run in the wind. Nino must have worked out, but he knew Nino wouldn't do it so freely in public, being famous and all. He gasped immediately assumed the worst and hoped that --

"May I take that seat?" Nino simply asked and didn't bother to answer the worried looks he was getting from the latter.

"Yeah... But Nino, there's something wrong with you."

"There isn't," his friend quickly replied and looked away when Aiba tried to confirm his suspicions. If Nino was sick, they have to call it in for the day and postpone all Arashi activities (but Nino's manager would just argue and say that Nino is as strong as bamboo trees). "Just go on and--" he heard Nino sniff and saw him use his sleeve to wipe his nose "-- continue your--" Nino sneezed more than once and it was enough for Aiba to notice just how sick Nino was. Silently excusing the makeup artist, he ran outside of the green room in search for his manager. As soon as he found his manager, he told him to get liquid medicine for colds that was non-drowsy, and a huge pillow. His manager gave him a questioning look, but he went anyways and came back within ten minutes.

As soon as he had the medicine and the pillow in hands, he ran back to the green room, only to find that in the minimum time he was gone: Nino fell asleep. His friend laid his head against his arms that rested on top of the table, and he twitched mildly when he moved his head from side to side. Aiba sighed as he set the things he had in his hands aside and carried Nino to the couch. Once his friend was comfortable and slept more peacefully, Aiba teared the plastic off the huge pillow and placed it in Nino's arms. His friend's arms immediately wrapped around it and a small contented sigh came out of his mouth. Seeing Nino in such a peaceful state calmed his worry and he hoped that the nap would do Nino some good. He sent a text to the other members regarding Nino's current state, and he was glad that they all agreed to give him some time off.

Even if he didn't have time to do as he wished, Arashi came first before him.

END