10/16/13 -- Cocoa (Part 8/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Home Sweet Home: Cocoa
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:548
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:I quickly took the cup from his hand and drank a sip from the exact same spot where Aiba’s lip touched.
Warning:Character death
 


 

We couldn't go out with the blizzard coming in this whole week, meaning that we could barely go outside to play. Oh, well. I left it up to Aiba to plan our activities, and I thought that it was a good idea then. We ran around the manor, past everyone, past the nuns who kept telling us not to run. The goal was to play hide and go seek, but we ended up playing a game of tag until we bumped into a group of excited three year olds. We weren’t allowed to play around the hallways anymore.

“No playing around” they said “no running around” they said, but with Aiba around it was impossible to obey. We took the fact that no one was monitoring us to our advantage by using the room as a kingdom. We built and set up our own forts, claiming to be kings of different regions in the room; I let Jun join in when he walked into our room

“The plan is to take over Aiba’s fort. You distract him while I sabotage his kingdom, OK?” Jun nodded his head in reply as he got up and walked near the entrance of Aiba’s fort. Once I gave him the signal, Jun ran in the fort and all I heard was playful screaming and then giggling. Now was my chance. Right when I was about to enter the fort, there was a loud knock. Standing by the door frame was Father Ohno, holding a silver tray with a sleepy smile on his face.

“They ran out of cups, but I managed to get a cup and a bottle for Jun-chan.”

“Thank you Father,” I mumbled after I accepted the silver tray. As I watched him leave, I wondered if Father Ohno even noticed that we were disobeying, or if he was OK with everything Aiba and I did.

“I smell hot cocoa!” Aiba came out right away with Jun in tow.

“But there’s only a cup, plus the bottle for Jun.”

“Oh, it’s ok. We can share. Here ya go, Jun.” After Aiba handed him his bottle, he took a sip from the cup and offered it to me with a satisfied expression on his face. “What’s wrong, you don’t want any?” He asked me with his big doe eyes when I just stared at the cup in his hand. But it wasn’t the hot cocoa, or the christmas themed cup that took my attention, but the chocolate residue of Aiba’s lips on the edge of the cup. “Then…”

I quickly took the cup from his hand and drank a sip from the exact same spot where Aiba’s lip touched.

“Is it good?”

“Yeah…” I slowly replied with a satisfied sigh as the hot cocoa warmed me up.

“You can have it then.”

“Wha- Aiba, this is supposed to be for the both of us.”

“It’s OK. I want Kazu to have it because you looked happy like you’re never had it before.”

“But Aiba-” He sauntered off to his fort when I was going to hand him back the cup. I shrugged anyways because I knew that Aiba would ignore me until I accepted it. I drank it all until there was barely one drop left and ran into Aiba’s fort.

TBC