2/14/13 -- Hope (Part 11/12)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Hope (Part 11/12)
Pairings:AibaxNino
Genre:AU, Fluff, (slight) Angst
Rating:G
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Word Count:581
Summary:I thought it was master who was hugging me while I was asleep. Turns out, I was wrong.

 


I remember being so warm and comforted as I slept that I almost thought it was master who was hugging me. Right when I woke up, I was about to master in the face but stopped right away. I realized that it was not master who was hugging me; it was a very thick blanket.I immediately stood on all fours in alarm which I soon regretted. The warmth the blanket gave me disappeared in an instant.

‘Master...’ I whined as I dropped on a carpeted floor. ‘Are you here?’

Of course he wasn’t since the very place I stood on right now isn’t master’s home. Everything was so cramped up, and there was only so little space that I can’t run around like I usually did in master’s home.

Then I remembered. I was kindly taken in by a little female yesterday all because my body decided to give up on me. I remember her mumbling while she smoothed my fur as she laid me down, and telling me goodnight when she put a thick blanket on me. So I wasn’t at master’s home.

‘Master...’ I whined again, trying to find an exit so I can go out and start my search. ‘Where are you?’

“Doggy?”

I jumped in surprise before I stood firm on all fours and pulled lips back to growl. For a while there, I thought it was danger but I realized it was just the little female.

“Do you want breakfast?” She asked me in a sweet tone.

I shook my head. ‘I want to find master.’

“Then... do you want water?”

I shook my head, even though my body was telling me to say yes. ‘I want to find master,’ I repeated again.

“Do you perhaps...” She paused for a quick second as she turned around. I heard something rustle from whatever she was doing before she turned around again and grinned. “...want to find your master?”

At that, I let my ears go up. ‘You know what I’m saying?’ I asked her excitedly. ‘Do you--’

“Your master was handing these out yesterday when my family and I went to town.” I guess she really couldn’t understand me then. “But who knew I would find you out here of all places?!”

After she explained the reason behind her lucky guess, she handed me something. I couldn’t read, of course, but I knew how to look at pictures. On the paper, there was a photo at the top of a small-bigish dog that looked just like me. Besides the dog was male who immediately made me jump happily.

‘I want to find him!’ I told her as I used my paw to touch master’s face in the picture. ‘Master!’

“Oh, I knew it!” The girl grinned. “Wanna go find your master today?!”

‘Yes!’ I screamed at the top of my lungs. ‘Yes!’

Without realizing it, the house underneath me started to move. As the little female opened a small door, she stuck her head out and I knew what she was trying to make me feel the rush of the air too. So I did the same. I stuck my head out first, then my tongue, and moved my head to the opposite side of where the wind was coming from. My tongue was flapping around like crazy! But I let it do that anyways since today, I’m going to finally see master again!

TBC