11/4/13 -- Jam (Part 27/50)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]
Title:Home Sweet Home: Jam
Pairing/Character:AibaxNino, JunxNino, Kaze, ShoxOC / Ohno
Genre/Rating:Angst, Fluff, Friendship, Romance / G
Word Count:670
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Summary:“Of course I miss you, idiot. Why would I not? So, beach or no beach?”
Warning:Character death

 
I absolutely had nothing to do because Masa and Jun were at school while I was stuck at home. I’ve already gone through three games today and I’m about to finish my fourth when an idea struck me: it was hot, I was sweating, and I was dying to get out of here; I wanted to go to the beach with Masa again. After I turned the game cube off, showered, and put on new clothes, I left home and headed towards Masa’s school.
It was in the afternoon so Masa should be in his P.E. class. I made sure that I hid whenever I saw someone pass by or I grabbed onto the front of my cap and titled my head down so no one would recognize me. So far, I had success of not being found out. When I finally made it to the field, I made it in time to see Masa taking a seat near the fences. He looked exhausted, too exhausted and I wondered what he had done for him to be like that. But now that I thought about it, I’ve never seen Masa that exhausted, even when he’s done hard labor in the past. Worried, I snuck behind the fence and hid myself within the bushes and trees.

“Masa,” I whispered, but he didn’t hear me. “Masa!”

He didn’t respond even when I whispered a bit louder. So I decided to approach him instead.

“Boo!” I yelled and Masa jumped up in surprise.

“Wha—Kazu!” Masa squealed happily once he saw me and I couldn’t help but smile at him. Even if he was drenched in sweat, he was still perfect to me.

“Did I scare you?” I asked, although I already knew the answer.”

“Yeah! What the heck are you doing here, though?!”

I pretend to be hurt. “Ouch. My boyfriend doesn’t want to see me.”

“Kazu, I didn’t—“

I laughed so Masa wouldn’t think that I was being serious. “I was just kidding! I came here to get you out of school. It’s hot and I wanna go to the beach.”

Masa grinned like an idiot and poked me through the fence. “You mean you miss me? I miss you, too.”

I rolled my eyes. “Of course I miss you, idiot. Why would I not? So, beach or no beach?”

Masa hummed as he brought up a finger to his chin. I could tell he was messing with me. He always did this to me whenever I wanted to do something, but then he’d make me wait.

“Fine, I’m going by myself,” I said and turned around, but was stopped when Masa called for me.

“OK, OK, I’ll stop. And I’m coming. Just wait for me outside of the school entrance.”

With a grin, I headed to our rendezvous. I couldn’t wait to be with him at the beach again…

The beach, good music, and Masa… it was a perfect combination altogether in one day. When we finally made it to the beach, there were college students who were having a party. They thought that we were college students as well, so they gave us booze and asked us to join; we couldn’t say no when we saw that there was a live band playing. Of course, we discarded the booze when no one was looking because we didn’t want to be delinquents. Instead, we tried to fit in, tried to forget who we were for just today.

I was reluctant at first, but with a little push from Masa, I joined him. We were mushed between sweaty bodies and crazy, drunk college students, but we managed to find a spot. Then we danced. Danced like crazy until I could no longer control myself. Without thinking, I grabbed Masa and kissed him. I didn’t care who was looking, or who pushed us in disgust. What mattered was that I was with Masa, enjoying everything, today, and all of him.

I decided then that I would love Masa no matter what.
 
TBC