3/8/13 -- Why (Part 3)

[365 Days Challenge- 1 word a day (2013)]

Title:Why (Part 3)
Pairings:(Surprise)xNino
Genre:Angst
Rating:PG-13
Disclaimer:I own nothing but the plot
Warning:Character death
Word Count:409
Summary:There was no one else left to turn to, but he was the only one who faced me.

 


He dragged, or more likely forced, me away from the face of death. I resisted, but I was weak. Weak from the lack of essential needs and everything to keep my body moving and functioning normally. I stopped taking care of myself since his death, hoping that I can slowly die from it. It never really worked, so I decided today I would take my life. But he came. He came and saved me even though I never asked.

"," I hear him curse under his breath. "Don't you ever do that again, Nino. Stop making yourself suffer."

"... Deserve it..." I hear myself tell him in a broken voice. Because I did deserve it. It was my fault to being with.

"No you don't," he tells me angrily. "You didn't kill him. It was an--"

I feel my arm tense in his arm, preventing the next word to come out of his mouth. Everyone, including him, all claimed that it was just an accident when it was obviously my fault. If I had been there fast enough, I shouldn't have found his dead body on our apartment floor. It's all my fault...

"-- no!"

I snap my head up and realized by the look of his troubled face that I was having another panic attack. He always looked me in a way that made his eyebrows curve with a low slope as his eyes lingered on my face. I know I worried him a lot, but why? Why would he be so worried about me? I was the one who ruined his life, taken away someone important to him, and hated him since I’ve first met him.

“Why?...” My voice croaked. “Why do you care about me... Jun?”

The way my tongue moved in a smooth rhythm as I pronounced his name felt like I was just learning how to talk. It felt fresh and new as if I was learning a foreign language.

I hear him sigh as he stared into my eyes. “We need you, Nino.”

But who was he referring to? There was no one else left. His whole family had turned their back on him since he confessed his uality, and the person who used to care so much about him had passed. But there was Jun. He had never left his side since it happened.

“I’ll help you,” He murmurs. “Stop making it so hard on yourself.”

I snarl. “Don’t pity me...”

TBC